• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Registered Republicans get a 50% tax increase as long as the wall stands.
No need to penalize them anymore. Just take everyone who voted fornTrumo in 2016, and any registered Republican not on that list, add any Republican voters in the 2018 election not on that list, and add anyone one or corporation that donated to Trump or the GOP and split the $25B the wall will cost evenly. They love the flat tax idea. Then, every year afterwards keep splitting the upkeep evenly.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Wicked Witch of the West is none too happy about Trump's proposal. Making it sound like he's naturalizing every undocumented immigrant here.

Even temporary amnesty is a bridge to far for these folks. Leads me to believe that they're not very confident in Trump winning in 2020 and know a Dem president really will give them amnesty before the three years are up.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017

Nancy Pelosi
What is original in the President's proposal is not good. What is good in the proposal is not original. Democrats will vote next week to add additional border security funding for ports of entry, advanced technology for scanning vehicles for drugs & immigration judges.

What we didn't hear from the President was any sympathy for the federal workers who face so much uncertainty because of the chaos of the #TrumpShutdown.
https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1086758800734990336

Off topic because I don't use twitter but I read Tweets all the time. Which one am I reading first here?!

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Dec 12, 2017

Elie Mystal
Lawyer alert: The Supreme Court, yesterday, decided to not take the DACA case, leaving DACA in place for at least another year

Trump offering to extend DACA for a year is like me offering to not lasso the moon. He's offering to allow something he can't stop anyway #TrumpShutdown
https://twitter.com/ElieNYC/status/1086665170380906502

It's amazing. If this is how this clown did business his entire life and STILL managed to become a billionaire, you can't tell me White male privilege ain't real.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing. If this is how this clown did business his entire life and STILL managed to become a billionaire, you can't tell me White male privilege ain't real.
Honestly, if you put the money his father gave him in an index fund, it'd have made significantly more. He's really really bad at business & the amount his father helped him out was vastly understated (look at the NYT story from like August, it was less like a million and more like $450 million).

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
we'll fix this shit proper (this "deal" is absolute garbage) once we take back power, so in the meantime, this administration and the rest of the maga cunts can go fuck themselves.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
The longer this goes on the worse it gets for Trump.

I only know one person who is benefiting from this, and it's someone who can survive without the paycheck and was supposed to return from maternity leave after the holidays, so she can stay at home with her baby for awhile. Even she wants it to end for the sake of others.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Offering Dems temporary protection for DACA for the wall when the Supreme Court already extended DACA by a year. Bold strategy, Cotton.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So are there any accounts by federal workers on how they feel about all this? Are they blaming Trump or the Dems for not giving him his wall? Anyone personally know or are a federal worker here?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
So are there any accounts by federal workers on how they feel about all this? Are they blaming Trump or the Dems for not giving him his wall? Anyone personally know or are a federal worker here?
I have no data but most federal workers either live in the big cities or in DC. I'll let you extrapolate from that.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I work with two who are actively working and not getting paid. Both of them are conservative or have been in the past, both blame Trump and think the wall is stupid.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fed worker. Most of my co-workers are pretty fucking pissed at Trump, including a few who have previously taken less critical stances. And I always was, so no change on my end.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If it were like previous shutdowns, it probably would've been split down the party lines and Trump's approval numbers wouldn't be tanking - they would just be in a holding pattern like always.

The key difference this time around is that Trump (and people on Trump's side) are moronically downplaying the effect of the shutdown, whether trying to say it's "mostly democrats" that are affected, or saying that the wall "matters more than the Yosemite giftshop being open."

Trump's present-day base - by this point, a collection of people with shockingly low amount of empathy for others - was only ever going to erode when it was personally affected by his presidency. Up until the shutdown, I had thought that meant that the only way his core support would deteriorate would be when the economy finally started to go south, since that core would finally be affected by ridiculous policies like ludicrous tariffs. But now, enough of his own base is affected in some direct or indirect way by the shutdown that it's like he's shot himself politically in the foot.

He's trying to deflect blame of the shutdown while also saying it's not really having a significant impact - some of his stupidest followers that are not yet affected by the shutdown still eat up that doublespeak, but it's showing to be enough of a wake-up call to other followers that are being personally affected. They probably would have been able to be convinced that it was the democrats' fault if they stuck just to that message (they have ridden this far on the MAGA train, after all), but being told that the shutdown doesn't really matter is proving enough to wake some of them up.

The Letter C

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2018
believe trump was already offered 25Billion of wall funding for permanent DACA citizenship in 2017, and he declined that. Why would we accept a worse deal than that?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wicked Witch of the West is none too happy about Trump's proposal. Making it sound like he's naturalizing every undocumented immigrant here.

Steve not a fan, either.

Steve King @SteveKingIA

A Big Beautiful Concrete Border Wall will be a monument to the Rule of Law, the sovereignty of the USA, & @RealDonaldTrump. If DACA Amnesty is traded for $5.7 billion(1/5 of a wall), wouldn't be enough illegals left in America to trade for the remaining 4/5. NO AMNESTY 4 a wall!

The MAGA crowd are blaming Kushner. Same thing happened in Jan/Feb 2018 when there were talks of a DACA proposal.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Steve not a fan, either.

Steve King @SteveKingIA

A Big Beautiful Concrete Border Wall will be a monument to the Rule of Law, the sovereignty of the USA, & @RealDonaldTrump. If DACA Amnesty is traded for $5.7 billion(1/5 of a wall), wouldn't be enough illegals left in America to trade for the remaining 4/5. NO AMNESTY 4 a wall!

The MAGA crowd are blaming Kushner. Same thing happened in Jan/Feb 2018 when there were talks of a DACA proposal.

How can they be upset when Trump negotiated the deal with himself?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer. It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer. It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!

So as part of his negotiation, he just threatened to kick out all illegal immigrants. This is going SWELL!

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
At this point all I can think is that trump has one of his companies planning on building this wall or funnelling it to himself in some way , he probably has a debt of 5.3 billion he needs to pay off .

Window

Oct 27, 2017
"Amnesty will only be part of a much bigger deal"

I wonder what deal Trump has in mind.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
At this point all I can think is that trump has one of his companies planning on building this wall or funnelling it to himself in some way , he probably has a debt of 5.3 billion he needs to pay off .
He just needs a few more Russian real estate deals where he walks away with millions over value for a home that nobody actually ever uses. Oh wait, too many eyes are on him now. That's too bad.