• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
"dreamers"? Are you fucking kidding me? Let me see, who constantly shut down DreamAct? Gop bitch.

Fuck off.

Dream Act with instant green card plus all other progressive agendas or no deal. I said it before but the best deal is a no deal. Don't have Dems move an inch.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
There shouldn't be any discussions on compromises until the government is open. You can't send a message to Trump that this is a viable way to get what ever he wants.

Manu Raju
McConnell, who has said repeatedly only bills with support of Trump and Dems can end shutdown, says he will hold vote on Trump proposal - even though Dems are rejecting it. "Everyone has made their point—now it's time to make a law. I intend to move to this legislation this week"
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1086735588886228992

Now this bitch right here...

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Nothing is worth legitimizing/financing a dubious racist wall project. Nothing
I'm sorry, I value tangible policy over battles of symbolism. Republican rhetoric surrounding the wall would be immediately undermined by the much more damaging, racists, anti voting laws having the rug pulled out from under them.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
What is even more sad is that republicans don't support this either. They are just bluffing knowing that dems will not accept it.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

Manu Raju
McConnell, who has said repeatedly only bills with support of Trump and Dems can end shutdown, says he will hold vote on Trump proposal - even though Dems are rejecting it. "Everyone has made their point—now it's time to make a law. I intend to move to this legislation this week"
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1086735588886228992

To be fair, this will work with that all important 30% that seems to control the fate of the country. When they see that the Democrats have voted "No" against something, they'll get all angry, and totally forget about McConnell not even bringing up previous bills for votes. They'll only see that the Democrats shut something down.

So if you're terrified of making sure 30% of the country is on your side, this is how you do it.

I don't think the Republicans are at all concerned with getting re-elected, they know they've lost the other 70% of the country, perhaps permanently, and don't seem to care at all about that. Just this 30% is all that matters to them. You only act this way when you know the house is on fire and you're packing your suitcases to abandon it. No one with any long terms plans for a sustained political career would go along with this. They're all getting ready to flee.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
@above;

The base will ALWAYS be there. Regardless of trumps tic-tac-toe. The rest of the country, via polls, knows that this is Trumps own created issue.

What is even more sad is that republicans don't support this either. They are just bluffing knowing that dems will not accept it.

who are they bluffing?

This is the most dumbasted game of poker i've ever seen. Its like everyones cards on on the table. Trump/GOP have nothing, but they're trying to out bluff the rest of the table.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Isn't this DACA deal a downgrade from what was brought up last year? I think that deal was a path to citizenship for Dreamers.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They should offer 5 billion in wall money for passing HR 1, making DC a state and giving PR a binding referendum on statehood. I'd take that deal. Damn good deal.
HR1 alone is probably a big enough long term win for Dems to be worth it, but legit statehood measures for territories would be huge too.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
As a daca recipient, go fuck yourself you traitorous coward.

I know I wasn't born here but I'm more american than anyone in trumps family can ever be. Shove the deal up your ass

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
@above;

The base will ALWAYS be there. Regardless of trumps tic-tac-toe. The rest of the country, via polls, knows that this is Trumps own created issue.

who are they bluffing?

This is the most dumbasted game of poker i've ever seen. Its like everyones cards on on the table. Trump/GOP have nothing, but they're trying to out bluff the rest of the table.
Just bluffing in the sense that republicans support this. They don't and they know damn well it wont be law. They are trying to spin this as being the dems fault.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
never trust someone that only brings up stuff important to you when they want something

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I'm sorry, I value tangible policy over battles of symbolism. Republican rhetoric surrounding the wall would be immediately undermined by the much more damaging, racists, anti voting laws having the rug pulled out from under them.
I'm not sorry, forever, irretrievably destroying America's standing on an international scale, and legitimizing terroristic extortionist tactics as a successful negotiation maneuver is not worth any conceivable counteroffer. If the Dems cow to this because they're groundlessly insecure about their standing, they forever cede the nation's corridors of power to the fascists.

It's fucking depressing as hell to have to explain this on a so-called "liberal"/"progressive" site. I guess I can only be thankful some of you folks are not representing me in the government. Smdh

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
never trust someone that only brings up stuff important to you when they want something
This. The fact that Trump suddenly cares about our "nation of immigrants" image should be a sign to anyone with a brain that he's desperately trying to butter people up and act like he's reasonable and empathetic to get something he wants. Liberal politicians, journalists and citizens need to internalize the lesson that Trump is an untrustworthy mook who will burn anyone who makes a deal with him any chance he gets.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
This. The fact that Trump suddenly cares about our "nation of immigrants" image should be a sign to anyone with a brain that he's desperately trying to butter people up and act like he's reasonable and empathetic to get something he wants. Liberal politicians, journalists and citizens need to internalize the lesson that Trump is an untrustworthy mook who will burn anyone who makes a deal with him any chance he gets.
Folks still trying to give him a chance this late have picked a side. dude needs to be handled like he already got the knife in your back

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this just a watered down BRIDGE Act that already failed to get votes before?
It's a mess of old proposals that didn't have the votes all clumped together. And fuck off with 'temporary' protections.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the fact that WH is even considering doing an "amnesty" regarding Imigrants only show they are desperate. I hope Dem stands their ground and not give an inch. like most of us think, dont give in to terrorist demands

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the fact that WH is even considering doing an "amnesty" regarding Imigrants only show they are desperate. I hope Dem stands their ground and not give an inch. like most of us think, dont give in to terrorist demands
They're not actually considering it. They're trying to turn their tumbling polls around.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I almost had a heart attack. First time I read the title, I thought the deal was already agreed to @_@

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Some of the takes here are fully playing into the hands of President Shitbag's third rate-strategist advisors.

"Tender the offer of protection as TEMPORARY, to start out. That way, you reframe the negotiations as "temporary vs permanent protections", rather than the legitimacy of a wall and our tactics to get it themselves."

I swear, never thought I'd consider Dumbass Donald playing a dimension of chess above that of any Era poster, let alone a whole bunch of them. I'm going to choose to chalk it up to mental fatigue over the recent Buzzfeed controversy.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this shows they have nothing else.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been said, but "temporary"? He's an idiot.

Some of the takes here are fully playing into the hands of President Shitbag's third rate-strategist advisors.

"Tender the offer of protection as TEMPORARY, to start out. That way, you reframe the negotiations as "temporary vs permanent protections", rather than the legitimacy of a wall and our tactics to get it themselves."

I swear, never thought I'd consider Dumbass Donald playing a dimension of chess above that of any Era poster, let alone a whole bunch of them. I'm going to choose to chalk it up to mental fatigue over the recent Buzzfeed controversy.

Haha - that's actually a great point.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
He's not getting his racist wall. If he doesn't realize that towards end of February, his approval rating will be 25/75 with millions of starving people violently rioting.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember last year when we were promised a hearing on DACA in the senate, good times Mitch. What a dumpster fire of a deal, it basically gives Democrats nothing of substance in exchange for the exact same thing that Trump has been asking for since he started the shutdown. This shit's on you GOP, you're not getting anything without making some substantial concessions yourself

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

You really think these racist mother fucking pseudo-Nazis are going to offer permanent protection? I want what ever you're smoking.

Also Dems are very unlikely to budge on any kind of wall deal until the government is reopened first.

I know the Dems have been weak in the past, but Christ it won't be that easy dude.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Just bluffing in the sense that republicans support this. They don't and they know damn well it wont be law. They are trying to spin this as being the dems fault.

Yeah but Mr.Waternoose said that he doesn't care if they have to capture all of the kids to make power for the city. Live on TV.