• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's really puzzling. Trump knows full well that it's not a popular move, even among its staunchest supporters. Everything Trump does is to get his ego stroked and this doesn't do it. There's dozen other less litigious strongmen/wanabe dictators who could come to Washington to lick his ass and talk about how immigrants are ruining their respective countries.

On the other side, let's pretend that the Kremlin really controls Trump. Why aren't they keeping a low profile instead of putting a huge bullseye on themselves by creating a shitstorm? Is it a humiliation thing?

Can we just fast forward 20 years so we can have the insight to make sense of everything going right now?

That's exactly what it is.

Playing some overly-complicated long game with Trump would be stupid for Russia, because Trump is too stupid. He'd give the game up eventually. But certain use Trump to humiliate the US and irreparably damage our reputation with the world and our allies. And that's all Putin's ever wanted.

At this point, it isn't even a question that Trump is compromised. He is.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
It just looks like they can actually fake something together to get a win for the 2018 midterms. You wait, they will pull something off together that everyone loves on the Right.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I would think the military or Marshall's would be opposing the fuck out of this. He is an enemy of the country.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
On the other side, let's pretend that the Kremlin really controls Trump. Why aren't they keeping a low profile instead of putting a huge bullseye on themselves by creating a shitstorm? Is it a humiliation thing?

Russia doesn't expect to maintain control of our president beyond Trump. They just want to create as much chaos and damage as they can now. They don't want to control the current super power, they want to be the next superpower. It's easier to take out an enemy state than it is to gain complete control of an enemy state.

And look what it's done... This country is a complete mess on the inside. Outside of our borders our relationships will critical allies are damaged. Nato and every other country in the vicinity of Russia are probably on the edge of their seats not knowing if the United States will be there or not at a time of crisis. Putin is getting tons of free, positive propaganda material straight from Trump to boost his image further politically inside of Russia. Trump and Putin have probably crippled any trust we had in the worldwide intelligence community slowing down the exchange of intelligence. Crippled any trust our citizens had in our democracy and institutions. All without a traditional war and with the only shedding of blood caused by Putin's own hands. He's already won regardless if it gets better or worse for us going forward.

GeoMack

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really puzzling. Trump knows full well that it's not a popular move, even among its staunchest supporters. Everything Trump does is to get his ego stroked and this doesn't do it. There's a dozen other less litigious strongmen/wanabe dictators who could come to Washington to lick his ass and talk about how immigrants are ruining their respective countries.

Can we just fast forward 20 years so we can have the insight to make sense of everything going on right now?

I don't think Putin has the luxury of going slow at this point, he has a small window with Trump. He wants to continue to isolate the US, UK, Germany and France and strain relations as much as possible. Then let Trump think that invading Iran with Israel is a great idea, and he wouldn't interfere so long as the US doesn't interfere in Europe while he expands. The US gets involved in another endless and costly war in the middle east, builds up more hate against Muslims, stretches the military even more thin and economically we are at the tipping point deficit-wise thanks to the recent tax cut and trade war ramping up. Then the next president has their hands tied and can't just walk back all the damage. We may even find ourselves in an alliance with Russia as the last 2 "white and christian" nations.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to become absolutely convinced the Trump desperately wants to be impeached. I cannot figure out any other rational explanation as to why he continues to insist on having meetings with the biggest forgien advisary.

The problem is that the GOP is too fucking whipped and compromised to take the fucking giant flashing signs he is putting directly in front of them.

I guess the problem is I keep trying to find rational where there obviously isn't any. He is just a giant idiot with zero self awareness and the biggest ego and delusion of grandure that anyone on Earth has ever seen.

It is so disgraceful, ridiculous, cowardly, and treasonous the way Republicans continue to allow this absolute moron to lead our nation.

we will never be able to undo the damage he's doing to our country it's game over folks.

Oct 30, 2017
What irritates me more than Trump actually deciding to have this closed door meeting is HOW the United States government apparatus, with all it's security protocols and guidelines actually allows this? Was the private 2 hr meeting scheduled in advanced? Was it spontaneous? Was Trump like "hey I'm gonna step in here for a private 2 hr session with Putin" and everyone around him was like, "sure, cool".

I don't even fucking understand. What a massive failure of security and protocols. That should supersede Trump, or any President's whims.

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
What irritates me more than Trump actually deciding to have this closed door meeting is HOW the United States government apparatus, with all it's security protocols and guidelines actually allows this? Was the private 2 hr meeting scheduled in advanced? Was it spontaneous? Was Trump like "hey I'm gonna step in here for a private 2 hr session with Putin" and everyone around him was like, "sure, cool".

I don't even fucking understand. What a massive failure of security and protocols. That should supersede Trump, or any President's whims.

It was planned from the beginning as 1on1 private meeting with only Presidents and translators in the room.

There not being written or recorded (official) record is by the design since the beginning on Helsinki Summit planning.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Christ, arrest this Russian asset asshole already!