• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
I think Trump will be better to run against in 20. If Trump resigns or is removed he will be portrayed as a martyr with Pence looking like the sensible, level headed alternative ( he's not, he's an asshole esp. to lgbt community). I want the entire right to get tossed out.
Dems will be running against Trump in 2020 regardless of who the actual nominee is

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love the fact that he's losing it.

Nixon was a crazy narcissist drunk and there were concerns that he could try to activate the US military on US soil and/or nuke other countries in his relatively minor madness.

We're way past that.

I like the fact that he's losing it and at the same time it's terrifying.

If there were an actual Deep State, he'd be dead. Not advocating that, I would actually oppose it. What should actually happen is that the Congress has a conscience, LOL.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nice to know the alt right from the forum.

Lots more are still quiet.

NeoGAF had multiple Russian actors with accounts (unsurprising since it was the second highest volume referrer to Hillary's web site). Most of them probably came here, and that's a whole other thing than the legit American 'Reich' crowd.

The (mostly) silent minority.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nixon was a crazy narcissist drunk and there were concerns that he could try to activate the US military on US soil and/or nuke other countries in his relatively minor madness.
If we're speaking entirely of their characters and excluding their actions, Trump is more terrifying than Nixon.

Nixon was an introvert with paranoia, but he was still somewhat introspective. Trump is entirely delusional, and has no sense of reality.

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
And you think that the right will cease to exist? LMAO, we are just rising, around the world btw.

The right of the USA is a thing of its own, i see this sentiment of a right rising and the pendulum swinging to the right worldwide in american conservative circles but the whole thing is nonsense. Mention to a dude from the Lega Nord of italy about american enviromental policies and he will probably be disgusted, a national front voter from france will be apalled at the idea of private healthcare and education(the american conservative idea of it at least), and lets not even get to northen european right wingers and their tax policy, it will make even the most centrist in the USA shiver.

The only thing in common the right has around the world right now is a populist rethoric coupled with a protectionist answer to problems with a large dose of nationalism.

I dont know about the rising of the right in the united states, but theres no worldwide rising of the right as an american would understand it.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
SOMEONE GET JA RULE ON THE PHONE I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The only thing in common the right has around the world right now is a populist rethoric coupled with a protectionist answer to problems with a large dose of nationalism.

I dont know about the rising of the right in the united states, but theres no worldwide rising of the right as an american would understand it.

The racism though. That's the common language between them.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Goddammit, every Star Wars gif or pic I wanted to post has already been done...
4bTw.gif

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Don't get it twisted, when Trump is defeated they will say he was just a usefull idiot and throw him under the bus.

They already live in their own reality, there will be no moment of clarity or contrition.

Some complementary hand-wringing and then one the cameras are off they will congratulate themselves and carry on as usual

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
The racism though. That's the common language between them.

Not even, i think the british ire on immigration is mostly aimed at the polish(not saying conservatives there are fond of brown people, i think its just not a mayor focus) and im pretty sure the five star movement in italy didnt make immigration a thing in their campaign in comparrison to Lega Nord at least.

And even if the right worldwide unites under their hate of some people, how to deal with them varies so much its just hilarious. It goes from having complete surveillance on them to taking their passports away, to just shipping people back (to countries they werent born in)

Such a mess.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Seems pretty funny to many, but I can see some heads roll. I know it is not your preferred method of execution, but I can seriously imagine that hindering the president of the United States to do his job can be seen as an offense worthy of a death penalty.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seems pretty funny to many, but I can see some heads roll. I know it is not your preferred method of execution, but I can seriously imagine that hindering the president of the United States to do his job can be seen as an offense worthy of a death penalty.

It's not. Nothing in our laws provide for that.

The chances of that happening are zero.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
It's not. Nothing in our laws provide for that.
I wouldn't be that sure, I can see judges that without a second thought punish that as high treason. It is an unprecedented crime commited on the most petty person in the universe. I am not even in the slightiest surprised Trump sees this as (high) treason - that classificitaion was even the first that came to my mind.

High treason is criminal disloyalty to one's government. Participating in a war against one's native country, attempting to overthrow its government,

Also, the guy says he is part of the resistance, how can that not be seen as pleading guilty of high treason?

Last edited:

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
And you think that the right will cease to exist? LMAO, we are just rising, around the world btw.

Nah. To almost everyone around the world - and I mean literally everyone with half a brain cell to scrape together - the alt-right is a joke. We laugh at you. You're worth less than nothing to society. I mean this very sincerely, by the way - your views and actions are absolutely consequence-free to the vast, vast majority of humanity. Outside of insular social media, your values are regarded with the respect they deserve; that's none. You're such crackpots that you're not even treated as worth getting angry about. You're a joke we've all heard before. The punchline of an increasingly progressive society. That's why you're so angry, because you're getting your asses kicked.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Nah. To almost everyone around the world - and I mean literally everyone with half a brain cell to scrape together - the alt-right is a joke. We laugh at you. You're worth less than nothing to society. I mean this very sincerely, by the way - your views and actions are absolutely consequence-free to the vast, vast majority of humanity. Outside of insular social media, your values are regarded with the respect they deserve; that's none. You're such crackpots that you're not even treated as worth getting angry about. You're a joke we've all heard before. The punchline of an increasingly progressive society. That's why you're so angry, because you're getting your asses kicked.

7lZwLKc.jpg

That is some ether right there

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't be that sure, I can see judges that without a second thought punish that as high treason. It is an unprecedented crime commited on the most petty person in the universe. I am not even in the slightiest surprised Trump sees this as (high) treason - that classificitaion was even the first that came to my mind.

High treason is criminal disloyalty to one's government. Participating in a war against one's native country, attempting to overthrow its government,

Also, the guy says he is part of the resistance, how can that not be seen as pleading guilty of high treason?

US treason laws define treason as colloborating against the US with a country that we are at war with and nothing else.

You should be outraged at Trump far more than the OP ED author.

Try again.

Deleted member 29806

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
US treason laws define treason as colloborating against the US with a country that we are at war with and nothing else.

You should be outraged at Trump far more than the OP ED author.

Try again.
Maybe in a sane world you only get indicted for rebellion or sedition.

But that doesn't mean Trump will (successfully) go for a treason conviction.
  1. The accused supported an enemy of the United States or undermined the United States without necessarily supporting a specific enemy;
  2. The accused had the specific intent to betray one's country; and
  3. The accused must have committed an "overt act" of treason (in other words, an active attempt to commit treason and not just mere intent).
OK, don't know if the enemy of the United States must actually be a sovereign state, but Trump already named at least one other enemy of the state.

Anyway, preventing tariffs being put on China makes them economically more powerful and as a result militarily more powerful (It is not like they aren't worrysome news about China's mititary lately). Don't even know what decisions may have been prevented regarding North Korea. Decisions that the president might have seen absolutely necessary for the security of the US.

Even if only a handful of Trumps stuff gets indicted for rebellion (maybe convicted) that is a can of worms I sure don't want to see opened.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike the guy.

But his tweets are horribly entertaining.

I'm trying to picture Theresa May randomly attacking the media or protesters or posting BREXIT MEANS BREXIT at random points during the day but...

Embarrassing for America.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Guys I hate to say it but I'm just gonna have to: I think Donald Trump is not a very good president, and I would prefer that he wasn't president

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny and depressing but I do worry the way Trump tweets etc. that some nut job will take it to heart and go after one of the good people, I half think that's what Trump wants when he wakes up every morning.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike the guy.

But his tweets are horribly entertaining.

I'm trying to picture Theresa May randomly attacking the media or protesters or posting BREXIT MEANS BREXIT at random points during the day but...

Embarrassing for America.
Replace "Theresa May" with "Boris Johnson" and it's scarily easy to picture him tweeting incoherently.

Hops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid, Spain.
Rising? This sounds so impotent... and desperate.

Nice to know the alt right from the forum.

The right of the USA is a thing of its own, i see this sentiment of a right rising and the pendulum swinging to the right worldwide in american conservative circles but the whole thing is nonsense. Mention to a dude from the Lega Nord of italy about american enviromental policies and he will probably be disgusted, a national front voter from france will be apalled at the idea of private healthcare and education(the american conservative idea of it at least), and lets not even get to northen european right wingers and their tax policy, it will make even the most centrist in the USA shiver.

That's /s right?

Right? lol

Go back to your basement.

It astounds me to no end that the leader of your movement is a mentally stunted narcissist.

Enjoy your moment in the limelight, I guess. Lol.

Ok, so let me understand this. Being right wing or conservative is the same as being alt-right?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ok, so let me understand this. Being right wing or conservative is the same as being alt-right?
Well let me ask you this.

Do you support Republicans and their political agenda? Because if you support racists then yeah you are definitely a racist, but I guess that technically doesn't make you alt right.

If you support Trump as well? Then yes you are 100% alt right. There is no defending that.

Status
Not open for further replies.