• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who still supports this asshole is either uneducated and not bothering to follow current events, or a proud traitor to the United States of America.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
How long until Trump announces a bounty on this person? And would he do it by tweet or executive order?

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I would hope the guy getting the order would fulfill the oath to defend the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic, but given how many military personnel fall in line it would be a roll of the dice.
there is no check or balance. if the president says go, they go. you are fired if you would disobey that order. in an emergency you can't have people second guess themselves.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IT'S... TREASON...THEN.... AHHHHRRGHHHHHHHH *flies at you with red lightsaber*

tenor.gif

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to take a look at The_Donald to see how that cesspit is handling all this...

"Yes, pretty much confirms that Trump got all the leakers. "I am double crossing the most powerful man in the world, but on my break I thought I'd write an op-Ed about it". Give me a fucking break. How stupid do they think people are?"

Of course this is what they think.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
there is no check or balance. if the president says go, they go. you are fired if you would disobey that order. in an emergency you can't have people second guess themselves.

The Woodward quotes and this op-ed suggest that staff members have divided executive power as they see fit, and follow just the 'least bad' orders. Again, the president asked for Mueller to be fired last year, and asked for Assad's head on a stick.

That would probably get him impeached even by Republicans.

The Woodward quotes and this op-ed suggest that Republicans will tolerate anything as long as they they get their rubber stamp for conservative policy. They describe Trump as amoral, but what is more amoral than keeping this corpse of a presidency smiling, animated, and waving?

Imagine the "this is fine" dog in front of a podium.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So listen, I just had this nightmarish idea pop in my head.

What if Trump just grabs the nuclear football and holds the united states hostage until he's given the head of that anonymous source? What if he just fucking snaps and does that? Just wrestles the nuke ball out of the handlers hands, screams at a camera "NO TREASON, NO COLLUSION, GIVE ME THAT MANS HEAD OR I'LL START A NUCLEAR WAR"
I'd like to believe he'd be immediately tackled. While the people around him are horrific people in their own right, they *believe* that they're good. Threatening to start a world-destroying nuclear war is not good under any definition.

This is almost certainly a nonsense scenario, though.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why doesn't he just quit. Get rid of the stress dude, just quit.
He's not done fucking us over for him and his billionaire friends. Part of me thinks that he's going to pass as much shitty legislation as he can to make money for his pals and when the heat gets too close he resigns because of some "evil media smear job". this is probably the best outcome, though fixing his bullshit will take years and years.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish that Someone ambas recorded Trump while he is making this hilarious tweets

David Addison

Oct 28, 2017
We're all going to laugh at this in 20 years, right? .......right?
Of course. In the postapocalypse, the Wal-Amazon CloudManager AI will automatically pump us full of sweet, synthetic dopamine whenever we feel unpleasant, such as when we look back on the Trump Administration, or when we have to eat a live human being to keep from starving.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Wouldn't it be gutless to give into demands to turn over sources? I'm pretty sure that the NY Times has a pretty full gut if they are not.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I just read the OP ed and holy crap there was talk of invoking the 25th. Hooolllyyy shiiitttt.

I always suspected that some members of the admin stayed there as damage control and now its completely confirmed.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
In many ways, the Republican party is already dead. It's the Trump Party now.
No. It hasn't changed. Trump is saying and doing the things the Republican constituency voted him in to do. It's not the party of Trump. The Republican Party supports and enables Trump. You can't separate the two, and Republicans don't deserve to be let off the hook by passing the blame onto a new entity. This is all on them.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I just read the OP ed and holy crap there was talk of invoking the 25th. Hooolllyyy shiiitttt.

I always suspected that some members of the admin stayed there as damage control and now its completely confirmed.
Do you have a link?

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
"Turn him/her over to the government at once"

Are you kidding me? This is literally outta dystopian fiction. How long before Trump starts setting up huge screens everywhere with his tweets on a fucking loop

That's just the thing, this comes, JUST like the desires for protest bannings, or firing Mueller, or any number of things he WANTS or wants someone to do or not do...is shown to be ignored on the regular. He's becoming decoupled from the levers of power he even had the inkling to understand in the first place (note how he thinks like a mobbed-up private business owner and doesn't "get" what the POTUS can and cannot do from day one).

Hell, much of his mewling demands may be some desperate grab at feeling powerful, a feeling that is leaving him as one by one his confidantes rat him out, his loyalists go to jail, his ability to order things to happen slip away, and a certain "ex"-KGB gent gets very very disappointed with him.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here we go, conspiracy time. Trump team fabricates a "resistance" boy. They jail a NTY reporter AGAIN (Judith Miller went to jail for refusing to name sources in the Plame affair. the source was... Hey, it's Scooter Libby who was just pardoned for obstruction, perjury, and lying to the FBI by Trump... hmm...). NYT ultimately names source. Source is insulated with air-tight alibi. WH builds public case against NYT for faking the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.