• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Hours after the press conference where he dazzled everyone by not being a total fucking idiot.

The United States will be powerfully supporting those industries, like Airlines and others, that are particularly affected by the Chinese Virus. We will be stronger than ever before!

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
8d2.jpg

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This has been the rhetoric on Fox news so it's not surprising. Also, he's a fucking racist asshole.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Man I totally should have made a bet on this, I would have won. What an obvious racist ass move

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Ah so that's why that was trending. It has an official name. I don't get conservatives. Well, I do get them lol.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Well the hoax angle didn't work so time to turn to racism. It's the GOP way. Keep them angry at anybody but them.

May 30, 2018
Ebola= River in Congo
Zika= Forest in Uganda

Interesting that it's okay when it originates from Africa, but xenophobic if it is anywhere else

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This situation would be no different than if Hillary won in 2016 or if Biden wins in 2020. Just picking between two conservatives...... /s

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate driveby in a sensitive thread. History of similar low effort posts.
But China told me it was the Italian Virus.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Its a perfect, racist diversion of blame, his supporters can get behind. And even still he has a responsibility to prepare a country and keep them safest. Which he's fully failed at, and only wants to reassure the economic interests

Last edited:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Its a perfect, racist diversion of blame, his supporters can get behind. And he even still has accountability to prepare a country and keep them safest. Which he's fully failed at, and only wants to reassure the economic interests

Because it works.

Need to distract his base from one of his colossal fuckups?

Bring racism into it somehow.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Is this his retaliation to recent claims in China that the virus actually originated in a US lab?

Which sounds like fake news albeit I read it on the BBC this morning.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Anything bad happening in your life, here's a way you can blame it on the Mexicans/the Muslims/the Chinese/etc.. That's the gameplan, that's how he got into office

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
He had about a 3 tweet stretch there where his interns took over that made him seem like a normal and decent person.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ebola= River in Congo
Zika= Forest in Uganda

Interesting that it's okay when it originates from Africa, but xenophobic if it is anywhere else

Asian people have been physically harmed due to the racist rhetoric going around, so please tell me how calling the disease the "Chinese coronavirus" does anything but hurt more people. Don't you dare drive-by this.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Ebola= River in Congo
Zika= Forest in Uganda

Seems like it's current conduct to name it without a place person or thing.
"Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the WHO, said the organisation was mindful to prevent "stigmatising" names.

He said: "Having a name matters to prevent the use of other names that can be inaccurate or stigmatising.
"
""It also gives us a standard format to use for any future coronavirus outbreaks."

The WHO added via Twitter: "Under agreed guidelines between WHO, the @OIEAnimalHealth & @FAO, we had to find a name that did not refer to a geographical location, an animal, an individual or group of people, and which is also pronounceable and related to the disease".

According to experts, the name of a disease is instrumental during an outbreak.

Speaking to TIME Magazine, Wendy Parmet, a law professor at Northeastern University, said if scientists name a disease after its country of origin, perceived stigma may make people hesitant to come forward."
www.express.co.uk

Coronavirus named: What does COVID-19 stand for? Coronavirus meaning

CORONAVIRUS infections have passed three million worldwide, as the COVID-19 pandemic shows its first signs of slowing in some countries, while others remain at risk. What does COVID-19 stand for?

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
He's just casting about for something or someone to blame. It's meaningless bullshit, but I see even here people lap it up.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This is what Asian Americans and this country as a whole are going to be dealing with, and people really come here with this "well actually, this outbreak started in China so..." nonsense.

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
I remember telling my trump supporting friend during 2016 that today, it's mexicans, but the moment he's able to, he'll throw us chinese under the bus too. That's just how racism and donald trump works.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
And that is how he can use fear to get reelected. People will just focus on the fact that it came from China, and if Trump plays with that angle, fear will make independants side with him.

May 30, 2018
Asian people have been physically harmed due to the racist rhetoric going around, so please tell me how calling the disease the "Chinese coronavirus" does anything but hurt more people. Don't you dare drive-by this.

It is racist rhetoric, my point is nobody gave a shit when it was directed towards Africans, which is par for the course

Dec 31, 2017
Stupid. The epicenter is now the west. Much of Asia already has it under control. So let's not go down this road.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

This is what Asian Americans and this country as a whole are going to be dealing with, and people really come here with this "well actually, this outbreak started in China so..." nonsense.

less of a dogwhistle and more of a shock collar for racists at this point

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now he can say a wall is needed more then ever to keep out the Chinese virus. To galvanise his brain-dead base to blame the opposition for the lack of progress on this and putting the US at risk.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017

My wife is Asian and I am legit worried for her to go out in public. This is exactly what we don't need right now.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they said that. The entire government is composed of lying fucks like Trump.
They have: https://bitterwinter.org/de-sinicizing-the-virus-how-ccp-propaganda-is-rewriting-history/

Secret documents instruct Chinese diplomats and agents to call COVID-19 "Italian virus," claim it did not originate in Wuhan, and promote Xi Jinping as the heroic leader who defeated the virus.

According to the report, embassies have been instructed to "raise doubts" in the public opinion, suggesting that perhaps the virus originally came to China from abroad. The same article mentions that the Chinese embassy in Tokyo has started promoting the use of the expression "Japanese virus" to designate COVID-19 (although this was denied by Japanese media), and that other Chinese sources mention an "Italian virus" or an "Iranian virus."

The CCP goes even further. It asks the world to "say thank you to China" for its allegedly perfect reaction to the virus. The CCP-controlled media keep explaining that democratic countries could not have taken such decisive measures against measures as China did, because Western-style democracy limits the powers of the governments. This should prove, once again, the superiority of the Chinese non-democratic system.

See also this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...-us-army-brought-coronavirus-to-wuhan.175098/

No one's calling them racists for this shit though.