• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

okay

Oct 25, 2017
This guy proclaims more fucking "National ________ week/month" than all the previous Presidents combined :P
He's does it so he can inflate the reported amount of legislation he has passed. This came a lot when he was almost at 100 days in office.
Every president does these. Go back to every November and you can find Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr. etc. all proclaimed November National Native American Heritage Month.

Here's one from Obama: https://www.nyharbor.va.gov/pressreleases/President_Obama_proclaims_November_National.asp

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he called her this during campaign season repeatedly. I think calling it racist is a stretch, ableit crude and not 'presidential.'
Using the word the way he does is racist though. Imagine if he kept referring to an Arab American or Latino opponent of his as Ali Baba/Aladdin or Speedy Gonzalez respectively?

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I'm hyped for the big news. Last time he left the country for an extended trip he got rekt with leaks.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the irony here is that the right started calling her that because they said she wasn't Native American, which was something she claimed (afaik it's true too) during her first run for Mass Senate. It's ridiculous and fitting that the GOP would use a derogatory term to say someone's gaming the system by claiming to be minority when they're not. Get fucked trump lol

Edit: didn't realize this had been answered like ten times already and in much more eloquent fashion

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 1/16th native american but don't have any roots or connections to my heritage, or associate with the culture in any significant way. Who are we to say if she does feel some identification to the culture? If she was taught and connected with her heritage, or was interested in the culture of it all? She can absolutely feel a connection and representation in my opinion, whether you think so or not.

I was just explaining the background to a curious person.

She can feel whatever she wants. It only becomes an issue if she is claiming minority status wrongfully in order to gain some advantage. Although accusations have been made, there is no evidence that she did benefit from it, and it appears she only listed herself as Native American a single time. So it's pretty much a non-story, but Trump of course keeps using it to attack her.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I reported it.

I imagine twitter gets a boatload of reports on every tweet he sends.

IceyD

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Using the word the way he does is racist though. Imagine if he kept referring to an Arab American or Latino opponent of his as Ali Baba/Aladdin or Speedy Gonzalez respectively?
He's being facetious because Warren is white, though, while claiming to be a minority Native American with some arbitrary percentage.

Trump is still wrong though, because I guess she didn't really benefit from claiming that minority status in law school ( if I'm reading the coverage on this right). He's being a wise ass and overplaying on some technicality, not mocking an actual native american.

Wouldn't surprise me if the dude is also racist though.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping the media will ask Sarah Huckabee Sanders "Do you consider what the President said to be offensive?" and watch her squirm around answering the question. Or better yet, ask him during one of his photo ops does he use other offensive terms in private to describe someone's race or ethnic origin.

The problem is not that Elizabeth Warren is native American or not native American....it's just the term "Pocahontas" is offensive to those of Native American descent. It would be like Trump using another offensive term about Hispanic origin towards Marco Rubio or calling Elijah Cummings a name that shouldn't be used period.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, tbf, he calls her that precisely because she is not Native American.

Doesn't make him any better though

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Poor John, it still won't work.

voqJvL.gif

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Well, tbf, he calls her that precisely because she is not Native American.

Doesn't make him any better though
I should have used the examples differently, but my point was the manner in which he's using the term is straight bigotry. As Airing pointed a few posts earlier, using slurs even when the target isn't of that particular groups, is still bigotry.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
He calls her that because she claims to be part Native American, at best she is something like 1/32 Native American, but the claim has not been definitively proven or disproven. In the past she claimed to be a minority in Association of American Law Schools directory, and Harvard Law School claimed her as a Native American professor as an example of a minority representation.

Clearly she is white and only has a very little amount of Native American in her, so I think her claim in the 90s to be a minority wasn't very honest. There have been accusations that she claimed to be a minority to get a leg up in her career. We have no way of knowing if she benefited from the claim at all. Anyway, after that came out it quickly turned racist as was used to attack her.

Fuck i hate assholes like this. Especially white people i know who are not remotely ethnically or racially Aboriginal getting status cards because the rules are so lax. For once, yeah, go ahead and make fun of her Trump.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
How does that even make sense? I Googled Elizabeth Warren expecting a Native American, but I got a very white looking woman. Is he really digging that deep for slurs to use that he has to use someone's ancestry?

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Scott Brown and his brownshirts started this nonsense. He got his clock cleaned in the MA senatorial election.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder what it would take for him to get banned on twitter? I mean realistically.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this is not new. He's been calling her that for a while now. Obviously racist but he gets away with it.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
I'm 1/16th native american but don't have any roots or connections to my heritage, or associate with the culture in any significant way. Who are we to say if she does feel some identification to the culture? If she was taught and connected with her heritage, or was interested in the culture of it all? She can absolutely feel a connection and representation in my opinion, whether you think so or not.

It's one thing to feel a connection there. It's another thing for you and your employer to claim minority status because you're 1/32 Native American.