• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
If we have to get another 4 years of Trump to get a dem party that's actually worth a damn, then so be it.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Some of you really want Dem voters to turn into blind worshippers like Republicans

minorities have been voting for the lesser evil for a very long time. and have been vocalising it too. doesn't stop the vast majority of them from voting left

Oct 31, 2017
They could start showing this footage for your daily 2 minute hate. You already live in a hypernationalist, post truth (post reality?) pervasive surveillance society, so it would be the next logical step.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
This shit has been going on for some time and I do fucking have a lot of blame on the dems.

Omar has been taking in a tidal wave of racist abuse, and her allies: the supposed diversity party, the one that supports minorities and stands up to bigotry up till now let her up to dry.

This is fucking treachery, especially considering they piled on her too when it first started.

They were there to condemn her "bigotry" when the special interests wanted it, but when its targeting her, that concern is gone.

We know who the enemy is, that is clear: Trump and co, the problem is that we can't say the same about the allies.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
yep plenty of Trump supporters now straight up calling her a terrorist, she is gonna get hurt.

and TRUMP is the one who actually defends an Islamic extremist murderer MBS!!

fucking unreal.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yes? you expect anybody here (apart from Tump supporters) to vote for freaking Trump just because the democrats are fucking up?

People want them to be better, that's why people are critical. They are the closest to being the "good guy" in this age so people expect better.
Maybe they wont vote. Maybe they will discourage others to vote. Maybe maybe maybe.

I don't like maybe. I like victory.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they wont vote. Maybe they will discourage others to vote. Maybe maybe maybe.

"I don't like maybe. I like victory."
It isn't victory for minorities if democrats don't improve and stop being scumbags. Fuck that noise.

How many times have minorities been expected to vote for the democrats then getting forgotten because the democrats attempts to appeal to the right? Minorities are not a tool for them to use. They need to earn their trust.

Democrats aren't doing that, and this will only lead to Trump winning.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yes? you expect anybody here (apart from Tump supporters) to vote for freaking Trump just because the democrats are fucking up?

People want them to be better, that's why people are critical. They are the closest to being the "good guy" in this age so people expect better.

Going scorched Earth is not being critical. This is not getting them to better, it's dividing the party and depressing potential votes. If they are voting they're not using language which signals it to other groups in the party. They don't have to vote for Trump to let Trump win, all they have to is not vote, vote third party and convert others into doing the same.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

I don't like sucking up to spineless cowards just because they're better than the worst ever president.

Also, you should be blaming the democrats, not the people who don't feel inspired to vote for them because of their passiveness and refusal to improve.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Attacking anyone but Trump & co in this instance is garbage and reveals someone's true colors about who they truly think is the enemy.

'Cos Racism and Islamophobia is exclusive to Trump and co, amirite?
Anyone thinking that reveals someone's true colors.

Also, reminder that attaking Omar IS NOT EXCLUSIVE to Republicans. Attacking her reveals someone's true colors.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Going scorched Earth is not being critical. This is not getting them to better, it's dividing the party and depressing potential votes. If they are voting they're not using language which signals it to other groups in the party. They don't have to vote for Trump to let Trump win, all they have to is not vote, vote third party and convert others into doing the same.
And what will get them to do better?

People have said the same exact thing for years. Even before Trump and yet the democrats continue to be cowards and assholes. Go ahead and explain to me why this time is different.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
The tepid Democratic response is why we need to get rid of the moderate Democrats who are too afraid to come to the defense of marginalized minorities and tackle the real issues plaguing the US.

Don't ever think those Dems are your friend.

Thankfully, most of the 2020 Prez Candidates are coming to Ilhan's defense, and those who don't should be disqualified.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Take out the Muslim from ilhan and you will probably have way more democrats and liberals defending her. Both sides are full of islamaphobes it's just one side is really vocal about it.

The word islamapahobia seems to trigger alot of people and the left wing always try and move the discussions to something else if it gets bought up. Hits a bit close to home?

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking critical posts on a videogame forum are going to discourage voting more than Dems repeatedly throwing a black Muslim woman speaking truth to power under the bus on a national stage... some of y'all need to log off lmao

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
"Show me ONE piece of evidence that Trump is racist!".

Seriously, what is it going to take to have this cunt physically dragged out of the Whitehouse?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
that this issue divides the democratic party is a big problem and seeing where that divide is sounds pretty necessary to me

Divides like that mean Trump gets another four years. How does that help your agenda?

Fuck all that. Everybody here knows they will vote for the democrats when the time comes. That doesn't mean they can't be critical of these asshole letting trump and his people ruin Ilhan's life and even joining in. They need to be better, they need to treat minorities better and they should be aggressive om their Trump take down.

Bullshit. They detest loyalty the Dems and take the scorched Earth approach to anything resembling weakness the Dems show. I don't see them doing that to Leftist candidates. I agree they need to treat minorities better, as well.

The Dems are a wide spectrum, ranging from AOC to Schumer, that's why using "Dems" as a short hand isn't accurate, centrists, leadership or the establishment would be better categorising for what you're talking about. It's disingenuous to paint the entire party of "letting" Trump do anything. Yeah, some Dems are shitty with that like Schumer and Hoyer, you'll get no disagreement from me about them attacking Omar. Simply being aggressive against Trump isn't the sole answer, either, since Dems who do that get attacked by the media and the swing voters get enraged. They don't al have the luxury of having safe blue seat like AOC does.

Why is it that you're not applying "be better" to these other posters you're protecting? Is that something which only applies to non-Leftists? I've yet to see it addressed as such on this forum.

Then again I am not expecting the person who called Malcolm X a bad guy to understand.

Ignoring the context which was I thought the poster I was replying to was following Malcolm X's teachings rather than MLK Jr's, but apparently doing that is calling Malcolm X a "bad guy." I welcome posters to quote Malcolm X to support their arguments, btw. Something I have yet to see, which is a shame - he had wonderful, charismatic speeches.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ilhan is a hero. Having to go through this massive disinformation, misinformation and outright lie filled PR campaign with next to no support from her own party is fucked. As a Somali Muslim woman she will get no leeway, benefit of the doubt or any sort of privilege from anyone. The Democratic party is trash tier.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
DNC leader Tom Perez after Trump's statement:

Here is the leader of the @dnc ..."Lead with our values" @TomPerez ... refusing to defend @IlhanMN —a Muslim Congresswoman who just had a target placed on her back by the President of the United States.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So muslims and minorities are supposed to conform for party unity but the party can bail on them when it's politically convenient.

Islamaphobia isn't their problem, just muslims.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
And what will get them to do better?

People have said the same exact thing for years. Even before Trump and yet the democrats continue to be cowards and assholes. Go ahead and explain to me why this time is different.

By acknowledging what difficulties ahead, planning meticulously long term and being promoted to leadership positions in the Democratic party. Being self destructive for short term gains isn't going to help anyone.

This is ignoring that how politicians act certain ways not because they want to but because the system and the people in it are difficult to reform. Those who ignore the rules become vulnerable and get isolated - thus, lose what influence they have. There are no simply answers here, or the Left would have figured them out long ago. You're underestimating what forces are against reforming the system, how deeply entrenched the bad actors are and how navigating politics is fucking hard.

They have Bernie Sanders and the Justice Dems now, that's the difference. That's the bedrock to build reform in the party.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Trump is trying to get her killed. In any decently run society, he would be in jail for that...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There are no allies. End of story.
I'm guessing your opinion differs from his later opinion but didn't Malcolm X change his perception of white people after visiting Mecca?

Is your opinion as hard-line as the statement? Wondering if it's more you can't rely on allies, or that there really are no white allies in the struggle of a minority. Not looking to disagree, just interested to hear your view as a result of the avatar and statement.

Last edited:

JohnPaulv2.0

Dec 3, 2017
It's shit like this that I point people to when they tell me that the media has a hate boner for Trump. Actions like this will directly result in violence. We are beyond the point of dog-whistles.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a time when it was tabooish to show those crashes casually.

Like, those Trumpters are watching murder in that attack ad.

Jesus christ.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Now that time has actually passed... I'm glad to see the actual progressive Dems protecting Omar. Incredibly disappointed that the goddamn chair of the DNC can't be assed to do the simplest fucking thing possible and condemn Trump equating Ilhan to the 9/11 hijackers. It's a no brainer that anyone who claims to not be racist should be capable of doing.

Pelosi had better have a proper statement tomorrow in response to Trump.

And to be fair and spread the blame, I'm not expecting any Republicans to condemn this though, even the ones who put up a pretense of not being racist down to not using dogwhistles... while still voting along party lines. Spineless cowards. If any do, I'll be shocked.

Edit: TRUMP PINNED IT?

Twitter needs to get on that, and now. Ban him.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing to be ashamed of. She simply isnt the best at choosing her words appropirately. Does she mean well yes, does she express it well? Not always . Its something she can improve on etc. Im not going to give her a blanket okay just because I agree with her political leanings.
Hopefully with time and experience she gets better at it. That apart obviously the conservative media and its response is another discussion.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how's that support from Pelosi coming along? I'm sure it will be any minute now that we'll be hearing of her support of Ilhan Omar.

Any minute.....

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
As a Kiwi who personally knew people killed due to Islamophobia in Christchurch, Trump is the biggest contributor and this is just more proof.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Divides like that mean Trump gets another four years. How does that help your agenda?

so be it. people always like to throw 4 more years of trump around in an effort to stifle discussion or to shift blame, in this instance onto the people within the party who stand with ilhan and expect their representatives to do the same. so to go with your hypothetical, if that causes some kind of divide within the party I, personally, have more of an issue with the other side of that divide that doesn't stand with ilhan, the side that not so quietly wants her gone, the side that as you've alluded to may be prone to switching parties to trump rather than hear grievances about how they handled situations such as these. that's where my issue is. so if standing with ilhan causes some divide within the party that somehow gets us 4 more years of trump (which, again, I think is a bullshit argumentative tactic to avoid engaging with the actual discussion of holding democratic representatives accountable when it comes to standing with ilhan) then so be it. the fact that you want people to waver on that because of some hypothetical scenario that trump could win next year instead of just doing the right thing in regards to what is literally happening right now is frustrating.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
so be it. people always like to throw 4 more years of trump around in an effort to stifle discussion or to shift blame, in this instance onto the people within the party who stand with ilhan and expect their representatives to do the same. so to go with your hypothetical, if that causes some kind of divide within the party I, personally, have more of an issue with the other side of that divide that doesn't stand with ilhan, the side that not so quietly wants her gone, the side that as you've alluded to may be prone to switching parties to trump rather than hear grievances about how they handled situations such as these. that's where my issue is. so if standing with ilhan causes some divide within the party that somehow gets us 4 more years of trump (which, again, I think is a bullshit argumentative tactic to avoid engaging with the actual discussion of holding democratic representatives accountable when it comes to standing with ilhan) then so be it. the fact that you want people to waver on that because of some hypothetical scenario that trump could win next year instead of just doing what's right in regards to what is literally happening right now is frustrating.
it's especially ironic because it's these centrists/corporate democrats and their milquetoast stances, clinging vehemently to the status quo that are responsible for the first 4 years of Trump.