• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
There is nothing to be ashamed of. She simply isnt the best at choosing her words appropirately. Does she mean well yes, does she express it well? Not always . Its something she can improve on etc. Im not going to give her a blanket okay just because I agree with her political leanings.
Hopefully with time and experience she gets better at it. That apart obviously the conservative media and its response is another discussion.
So her "not choosing her words correctly" warrants the Tweet from Trump and calls to arms against Muslims? FOH.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
"I call them in"
"I'll look forward to hearing from her"

Can't even maintain a sentence without a contradiction.
She's gonna allow them to go at her all weekend smh.

If this is the best Pelosi can do, she should resign the speakership immediately. Schumer and Pelosi are spineless cowards.

Oct 26, 2017
So Pelosi needs to hear from her before she'll condemn THAT tweet? As if there is a reasonable answer that will make that evil garbage from Trump acceptable.

Yeah... she's no ally. Don't expect her to back Omar.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So her "not choosing her words correctly" warrants the Tweet from Trump and calls to arms against Muslims? FOH.
obviously not. Trump is wrong. Everyone agrees on that. The tweet is a mess and puts her in danger and is wrong. However 9/11 is a sensitive issue and rightly so and words addressing it should have been chosen more carefully especially in a prepared speech.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't do much use but I reported the tweet. It's exactly rhetoric like this that happened during the Brexit campaign that ended with an MP being murdered in the street.

Also coming from Trump and a number of his post 9/11 comments is hilarious.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Says the person who intentionally posted a response by Pelosi about the NYPost, which is not what this thread was about.
This is honestly the worst thread on this forum.

Says the person who had previously posted

At least we won't have to deal with Omar's bullshit after next election.
You don't "bothsides" Obama and Trump.

Go fuck yourself Omar.

My goodness, I hope people start defending Omar now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So muslims and minorities are supposed to conform for party unity but the party can bail on them when it's politically convenient.

Islamaphobia isn't their problem, just muslims.

But you don't get it bruh, if we don't all unite behind these cowardly establishment Dems then the Republicans might win again and then bad things like Islamophobia and police brutality against black people might become institutionalised. Let's unite behind this party so we can end racism once and for all like we did when Obama was elected.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
But you don't get it bruh, if we don't all unite behind these cowardly establishment Dems then the Republicans might win again and then bad things like Islamophobia and police brutality against black people might become institutionalised. Let's unite behind this party so we can end racism once and for all like we did when Obama was elected.

Yes, it's not like reforming systemic issues like racism will be harder to fix while the Republicans control the government.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Let me be crystal clear: that post was about how you were ignoring Trump and his tweet. Do you get it now?

Of course you can do both but when people act like it was Dem leadership itself who sent the tweet while Trump's name goes unmentioned it's bullshit. The response should be in proportion. Look at how many pages has been spent on Democrats then Trump himself. Trump's an afterthought in this thread.

This bullshit has been growing on Era little by little too. The proportions of the response is way out of whack. Republicans do some heinous shit and maybe 1 or 2 replies condemn them then the next 10 pages is shitting on every Democratic politician in recent memory. And when you call them on this shit they hide behind "Oh, why don't you want us to healthily criticize our leadership though!?" MFER I'm all for criticizing our leadership, especially when they deserve it, but if you don't think we recognize the way every time the Republicans do something gross, 90% of you knuckleheads go full on Fox News tier "Well what about the Democrats doe!?" you are crazy.

You all deserve to be called out for this stupid crap, so get used to it.

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely horrifying. Really one of the more vile things he's tweeted. How's it's not enough to cause a ban on Twitter for hate speech is just bizarre.

Some of you really want Dem voters to turn into blind worshippers like Republicans

minorities have been voting for the lesser evil for a very long time. and have been vocalising it too. doesn't stop the vast majority of them from voting left

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

With regards to this thread, it's a completely valid point to criticize dems on not speaking out against this and also the abhorrent treatment of Omar these past few months.

You haven't listened to a word I've said.

Most likely because you manage to type so much and yet say so little of actual substance. It's exhausting.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This bullshit has been growing on Era little by little too. The proportions of the response is way out of whack. Republicans do some heinous shit and maybe 1 or 2 replies condemn them then the next 10 pages is shitting on every Democratic politician in recent memory. And when you call them on this shit they hide behind "Oh, why don't you want us to healthily criticize our leadership though!?" MFER I'm all for criticizing our leadership, especially when they deserve it, but if you don't think we recognize the way every time the Republicans do something gross, 90% of you knuckleheads go full on Fox News tier "Well what about the Democrats doe!?" you are crazy.

You all deserve to be called out for this stupid crap, so get used to it.

It's getting to the point where they're just waiting for an excuse to let loose on the Dems, whatever failure they made becomes irrelevant since the whole point is to simply poke the Dems while the GOP go unscathed. The Dems have a whole boatload of corruption and bad leadership to dig into, but they'd rather waste time on bullshit then genuine reform. The Dems are getting attacked on the left and the right and the left wonders why the Dems aren't as influential in politics as they should be.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.

With regards to this thread, it's a completely valid point to criticize dems on not speaking out against this and also the abhorrent treatment of Omar these past few months.

If that was all the thread was about it wouldn't be as heated as it is.

Most likely because you manage to type so much and yet say so little of actual substance. It's exhausting.

You're dooming your own politicians to failure with this mindset. More of the Left needs to get politically accumulated to how it works, or regardless of what they do the voters need to be able to recognise when to be stealth or up front because politics has certain rules to follow or you won't be in office for long. You think it's exhausting? It's not fun for this end, either.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's not like reforming systemic issues like racism will be harder to fix while the Republicans control the government.

Ah yes, I forgot that the most effective way of showing minorities that you are dedicated to reforming systemic issues like racism is by repeatedly throwing minorities under the bus under the guise of preserving decorum and civility.

Just go "Well what are you gonna do, the other guys are even worse than we are!" and that'll convince them to vote for you and if they don't you get to be all patronising and chastise minorities for not showing up to the polling stations.

It's win-win!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bullshit. They detest loyalty the Dems and take the scorched Earth approach to anything resembling weakness the Dems show. I don't see them doing that to Leftist candidates. I agree they need to treat minorities better, as well.

The Dems are a wide spectrum, ranging from AOC to Schumer, that's why using "Dems" as a short hand isn't accurate, centrists, leadership or the establishment would be better categorising for what you're talking about. It's disingenuous to paint the entire party of "letting" Trump do anything. Yeah, some Dems are shitty with that like Schumer and Hoyer, you'll get no disagreement from me about them attacking Omar. Simply being aggressive against Trump isn't the sole answer, either, since Dems who do that get attacked by the media and the swing voters get enraged. They don't al have the luxury of having safe blue seat like AOC does.

Why is it that you're not applying "be better" to these other posters you're protecting? Is that something which only applies to non-Leftists? I've yet to see it addressed as such on this forum.
First off who am I protecting? People who hate what the democrats are doing?

All that text for something that could be solved if the leadership of the democrats could stop acting like a fucking spineless coward. If pelosi can't change how the party is handling things then that's on her. Not on the people who keep being promised change that never comes. They want people to respect and vote for them then they need to start delivering, not caving in for Trump and his fucking supporters.
By acknowledging what difficulties ahead, planning meticulously long term and being promoted to leadership positions in the Democratic party. Being self destructive for short term gains isn't going to help anyone.

This is ignoring that how politicians act certain ways not because they want to but because the system and the people in it are difficult to reform. Those who ignore the rules become vulnerable and get isolated - thus, lose what influence they have. There are no simply answers here, or the Left would have figured them out long ago. You're underestimating what forces are against reforming the system, how deeply entrenched the bad actors are and how navigating politics is fucking hard.

They have Bernie Sanders and the Justice Dems now, that's the difference. That's the bedrock to build reform in the party.
You are such a naive person honestly. These people need to be forced to change, they won't change by themselves. The more people are critical of them the sooner they realize they need to fix their shit.

Also go ahead and tell me how Malcolm X or his teaching is bad or how that makes him a bad guy (yes you said that). People asked you last thread to explain yet you ran away. Go ahead, I am sure everyone who posted in that thread is curious.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Duration Pending): Rationalizing racist attacks over multiple posts and previous severe infractions
The reality is

"Some people did some things"

Is a career ending soundbite. Yes, Resetera is 'woke', yes we know the context, but that soundibte is enough to get centrists, lefists, and right wing infuriated. Because believe it or not, that soundbite is damaging. No, you do not become an islamaphobe for criticizing it. No, you are not racist or sexist. That soundbite is enough to end any career. Especially when her allies, Democrats, won't defend her. Especially when it's enough to be taken out of context and to create a damaging video like this.

Taking that quote is bad faith. That is understood. Not understanding it? Tell that to the average person. The average person lives and feeds off sound bites. Not everyone is as woke as everyone on resetera.

This is disastrous tbh. No, this doesn't mean I'm appeasing the right. It means that I understand what words mean to the lay people. To the people who don't have time to discourse over what words mean.

Trumps video is terrible. It paints a target. It's fucked up. But it takes advantage of a soundbite. It takes advantage of the fact that the majority of Americans aren't ear-to-the-ground as resetera is. Not everyone is as smart as we believe we are. Not everyone has time to understand the context of what is said. They see a video, they see what a person says, and that's it. Will they search for deeper context? Alot of times, no. This is levels of "Deplorables" from Clinton, where that soundbite will be taken out of context.

This is not islamophobia. This is not racism. This is not sexism. This is reality. Look at how the hardline democrats are not defending her. It would be career and political suicide.'

This is all IMO. Of course. But well.. it's a career ending soundbite. This will be used ad hominem for the future. From her political opponents, both dems challenging her seat and republicans. Because, believe it or not, 9/11 is still a sticking point for many americans. Many, many Americans.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Lmao, can't believe we still have posters saying this has nothing to do with islamophobia and racism.

We have actual muslims in this thread saying it does. But of course our opinions don't matter.

Oct 25, 2017
This is not islamophobia. This is not racism. This is not sexism. This is reality. Look at how the hardline democrats are not defending her. It would be career and political suicide.'

This is all IMO. Of course. But well.. it's a career ending soundbite. This will be used ad hominem for the future. From her political opponents, both dems challenging her seat and republicans. Because, believe it or not, 9/11 is still a sticking point for many americans. Many, many Americans.
ydcNVWL.gif

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Pelosi said bullshit like "I won't call out someone until I call them in" is well, bullshit. But it's speaking. Democrats pockets are lined. They can't cross that line. That's why you only have the 'potential' candidates defending Ilhan and not any actual Democrats in office. Pelosi, Schumer, they're practically silent. They won't defend this. They're playing the political game.

Oct 31, 2017
Lmao, can't believe we still have posters saying this has nothing to do with islamophobia and racism.

We have actual muslims in this thread saying it does. But of course our opinions don't matter.

Islamophobia is so normalised in western societies, across every part of the political and social spectrum that people literally don't see it. Hence we get threads full of liberals nitpicking her every fucking word , holding her to a ridiculous standard which they don't apply to others and engaging in endless handwringing, and then claiming its not because of Islamophobia while they repeat far right talking points about her.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
She's clearly a huge threat for them so she this only proves she has been effective. She seems smart and probably realizes this as well. Hope she laughs it off and continues

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

It's political suicide because of how many Americans are Islamophobic due to nearly two decades of blaming terrorism on the Muslim community.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's political suicide because of how many Americans are Islamophobic due to nearly two decades of blaming terrorism on the Muslim community.

This is true. America is fucked up and well, it's not gonna change. Not for a long, long, long while. Trump got elected for fucks sake. He's been separating families. The majority of America Ok with that fact. The majority of america does not give a fuck about families being separated and peoples live being ruined.

So for the majority of Democrats to not stand up for Ilhan...it's not an excuse, but they're making a calculated point. It may be racist, but it's one so they don't lose any potential and any clout that they currently have. We are in dangerous times. We have to watch our words. We have to appeal to any and all Americans. Because the majority of America is alright with what's going on right now. Otherwise we would have riots and violence against those in power.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Bernie has already defended her.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1116855482038272000

Warren has already defended her.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1116859387199533057

Beto has already defended her.

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1116892621115461632

Castro has already defended her.

https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/1116900307995377665

Pete Buttigieg has already defended her.

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1116905331219685376

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pelosi and Schumer have not. Potential Candidates and ostensibly minor democrats have. Hell, Bernie is more of an independent. Either way, 6 defenders are minority when there are a hundred+ democrats.

Bernie, Beto, Warren, Castro, Buttigieg are NOT the majority of democrats. Every Democrat should've rallied ASAP in her defense. They didnt'.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
How dare you come along with evidence and facts when people are trying to blame everyone but Trump for stuff.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It will expose peoples own islamaphobia, so they redirect the discussion to something else. They did the same thing with the new zealand mosque attacks which was clearly motivated by islamaphobia, but the left wing hijacked the discussions to use stuff like white nationalism and gun control(not saying these where not a factor) to attack the right wing.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SMH at the moderates that ARE STILL critcizing Omar after everything that has happened. Why'd you rather side with Trump on this one?

10 years from now, I bet the moderates are ginna be the same people that will make "Who here used to vote Democrats but is now a Republican" threads.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Says the person who had previously posted

My goodness, I hope people start defending Omar now.

Can't find that post by Suiko, did they get it deleted somehow?? Cause wtf at that garbage if they did post that.

Pelosi drops the ball (yet again) on this issue and his response is to say "FUCK YOU OMAR".......the fuck is it with Pelosi fans. Omar is literally getting death threats/getting smeared in propaganda for pointing out the truth and Dem. "leadership" does nothing/even adds to it. They're literally helping to endanger her life when they could be doing the right thing instead. Come on, Suiko.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi and Schumer have not. Potential Candidates and ostensibly minor democrats have. Hell, Bernie is more of an independent. Either way, 6 defenders are minority when there are a hundred+ democrats.

Bernie, Beto, Warren, Castro, Buttigieg are NOT the majority of democrats. Every Democrat should've rallied ASAP in her defense. They didnt'.

You're moving the goal post when you dismiss seeing several presidential candidates (including prominent candidates) defending Omar.

(The Dem leadership still sucks for not immediately defending Omar.)

Oct 27, 2017
You're dooming your own politicians to failure with this mindset. More of the Left needs to get politically accumulated to how it works, or regardless of what they do the voters need to be able to recognise when to be stealth or up front because politics has certain rules to follow or you won't be in office for long. You think it's exhausting? It's not fun for this end, either.

I suppose I should have been more specific. What's exhausting is your singular and pointlessly verbose message of how the left needs to learn to politic™ better and this is how the real world works.

And then when confronted with some of the truly more bizarre things you use to justify this - like the aforementioned Malcolm X post (which is hard to forget) - there's nary a response.

So please, don't lecture me and other posters about dooming our politicians because we expect (and often demand) better from them. It's patronizing and aggravating as fuck.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Everybody needs to stop discussing anything but Trump's tweet which incites violence. Anything else is distraction. Deal with Trump, then look at the rest. TRUMP is the source of the problem here.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're moving the goal post when you dismiss seeing several presidential candidates (including prominent candidates) defending Omar.

(The Dem leadership still sucks for not immediately defending Omar.)

You're right, the dem leadership does suck.

Potential candidates are just that. Dem leadership are those that have been playing the political game for years. Dem leadership, which should stand up for one of their own immediately, are choosing to stand down. Cowards? Sure. Playing the political game? Sure.

There is a rising heat. You have those that immediately try to stand against it, but they just burn. Those that understand how to deal with it, are more conservative with their words. Pelosi and Schumer are no fools.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Everybody needs to stop discussing anything but Trump's tweet which incites violence. Anything else is distraction. Deal with Trump, then look at the rest. TRUMP is the source of the problem here.
Unlike you others are capable to discussing issues in a more multi faceted manner and this particular issue highlights the problem with "our" party and is barely a footnote in the general utter awfulness of the gop.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I should have been more specific. What's exhausting is your singular and pointlessly verbose message of how the left needs to learn to politic™ better and this is how the real world works.

And then when confronted with some of the truly more bizarre things you use to justify this - like the aforementioned Malcolm X post (which is hard to forget) - there's nary a response.

So please, don't lecture me and other posters about dooming our politicians because we expect (and often demand) better from them. It's patronizing and aggravating as fuck.

But don't you see? We're the real problem for criticizing how Pelosi and Schumer contribute to this mess. We need to be silent and only acknowledge how awful the right-wing is on this when everyone knows how awful the right-wing is on this.

It's so transparent that Itchy and some others just want to stifle discussion that goes in on why Dem. leadership is fucking up here. They've continued to fuck up here. Numerous times in a row. This isn't a hard thing to do yet they keep doing it. And Schumer even compared Omar to the fucking Nazis.
Like come the fuck on man.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You're right, the dem leadership does suck.

Potential candidates are just that. Dem leadership are those that have been playing the political game for years. Dem leadership, which should stand up for one of their own immediately, are choosing to stand down. Cowards? Sure. Playing the political game? Sure.

There is a rising heat. You have those that immediately try to stand against it, but they just burn. Those that understand how to deal with it, are more conservative with their words. Pelosi and Schumer are no fools.

Do you think Bernie Sanders won't be the nominee because he defended Omar? Elizabeth Warren? Any of the other potential candidates who have either already defended Omar or may defend her in the future?

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

Trump's rhetoric didn't just appear out of thin air. Trump didn't elect himself president. It's absolutely valid to focus on passive democrats and moderates who encouraged this behaviour or allowed it to happen. Everyone on this forum knows Trump is shit and people who still need convincing will just end up banned one way or another, so just repeating "Trump is racist" over and over again is a waste of energy.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
You are such a naive person honestly. These people need to be forced to change, they won't change by themselves. The more people are critical of them the sooner they realize they need to fix their shit.

What's ironic about this paragraph is that I've been trying to help the Left do that ever since I started posting here yet they're not interested in doing anything like that. You want that change but are unwilling to accept that working within the system means doing things in the system. Many people don't have the slightest idea how to fix their shit and have no interest in learning how. They certainly don't want to spend time thinking about the logistics about building an army of Justice Dems and making sure they survive to tell the tale in congress.

Also go ahead and tell me how Malcolm X or his teaching is bad or how that makes him a bad guy (yes you said that).

Can you quote that? I'd be more than happy to delve into why I said things but it's been weeks so I don't remember the exact phrasing. However, I did clarify that later in another thread.

People asked you last thread to explain yet you ran away. Go ahead, I am sure everyone who posted in that thread is curious.

I'm sorry, was I supposed to stick around for the toxic dog pile by 10x people? No thanks. And you wonder why I get defensive sometimes, Christ. Get some self awareness. I would have gladly sat around talking about Malcolm X, but that was neither the time or place for a genuine conversation on the subject.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The right-wing in general is the major problem here. Them and centrists who help propel these issues. But it's disingenuous to act like Trump/the right is all that's at fault here. Dem. leadership are actively not doing anything to help Omar (numerous times) and on occasion, they've given the right-wing ammo to attack her with. It's disgusting given her life is literally at stake because of this propaganda. Dem. leadership can be criticized for a lot but this is the most egregious in recent memory because it just keeps happening.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Bernie Sanders won't be the nominee because he defended Omar? Elizabeth Warren? Any of the other potential candidates who have either already defended Omar or may defend her in the future?

Was he the nominee in 2016? No? Ok then. It's easy to say "X will be the nominee" but it was also easy to say "Trump will surely never be elected". It's a fools game to pretend you know more than everyone else. We don't.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
The reality is

"Some people did some things"

Is a career ending soundbite. Yes, Resetera is 'woke', yes we know the context, but that soundibte is enough to get centrists, lefists, and right wing infuriated. Because believe it or not, that soundbite is damaging. No, you do not become an islamaphobe for criticizing it. No, you are not racist or sexist. That soundbite is enough to end any career. Especially when her allies, Democrats, won't defend her. Especially when it's enough to be taken out of context and to create a damaging video like this.

Taking that quote is bad faith. That is understood. Not understanding it? Tell that to the average person. The average person lives and feeds off sound bites. Not everyone is as woke as everyone on resetera.

This is disastrous tbh. No, this doesn't mean I'm appeasing the right. It means that I understand what words mean to the lay people. To the people who don't have time to discourse over what words mean.

Trumps video is terrible. It paints a target. It's fucked up. But it takes advantage of a soundbite. It takes advantage of the fact that the majority of Americans aren't ear-to-the-ground as resetera is. Not everyone is as smart as we believe we are. Not everyone has time to understand the context of what is said. They see a video, they see what a person says, and that's it. Will they search for deeper context? Alot of times, no. This is levels of "Deplorables" from Clinton, where that soundbite will be taken out of context.

So their silence in the face of severe Islamaphobia should be accepted because they fear for their political careers?
You are describing cowardice.

These people are supposedly in their jobs to represent and defend the people that voted for them, the dems platforms of standing up to bigotry and descrimination is what got them their job, so when that bigotry and discrimination rears its ugly head and they turn around and say "sorry, my job is too important", then they dont deserve their jobs in the first place.

Dems deserve the outrage threy get and more, if you run on diversity and combatting bigotry, you stick by it.