• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
4 more years, based on the last bunch of posts here. Let's hope RGB can hold on that long.
you're a fucking idiot. Youve been bitching and moaning this entire thread about people daring to have their own representatives have standards in defending them.

People been dealing with conservative dickheads and regressive policies before 45 was even born, but your clown ass is sitting here spinning your head around like Trump is the end all be all to political normalcy. Yeah, once he's gone your terrible nightmare will be over, poor fucking you

You're so blind, it hurts. A democrat could take office in 2020 and you'll think order has returned and nothing else needs to be done anymore.

Go outside you fucking loon. It ain't just about you

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Out of curiosity, what do you suggest minorites who don't feel represented and feel letdown over the Democrats not supporting them do?

Just vote Dem because otherwise they'll have it even worse?
At a minimum, everyone who can vote should do so. You have two serious choices there. It may be more important than ever from 2020 onwards to not throw away votes on principle due to many States agreeing to have their EC vote with the national popular vote, if enough States are doing it. Or someone could do more, get more involved by emailing and calling Reps, showing up at town halls etc. Or they could hire lobbyists. Or they could run for Office themselves. At a minimum, vote the one that isn't GOP. There's an old saying about perfect being the enemy of good. Or do you believe most minorities would rather have 4 more years of Trump, Pence and GOP?

Trodimus

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
4 more years, based on the last bunch of posts here. Let's hope RGB can hold on that long.
It's tragic isn't it? Like it sucks that some politicians don't defend their own like Omar, but at the same time you really want to give Trump the supreme court because they don't pass some garbage purity tests? I fear for the future.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How fucking stupid are some people. Did they learn nothing from 2016? Obviously not. People didn't vote for Hillary for this or that garbage reason, now we have a criminal racist pathological liar who's bankrupting the country and loading the Supreme Court for decades. Now they're going to do the same again because *gasp* someone condemned Trump but it wasn't quite as strong nor as fast as they think it could have been, so 4 more years of Trump it is! Fuck off.

Look at this fucking loser throwing out "B-But four more years of Trump!" at the slightest hint of any criticism against Dems like he's fucking played this great trump card that no one can refute.

No one is falling for your threats "ally".

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How fucking stupid are some people. Did they learn nothing from 2016? Obviously not. People didn't vote for Hillary for this or that garbage reason, now we have a criminal racist pathological liar who's bankrupting the country and loading the Supreme Court for decades. Now they're going to do the same again because *gasp* someone condemned Trump but it wasn't quite as strong nor as fast as they think it could have been, so 4 more years of Trump it is! Fuck off.

You aren't owed our (POC) vote! I think you are really misguided here. Let me say it again- we do not owe you our vote.

When your sole selling point is that the Democratic establishment is not as bad as Trump, good luck getting minority turnout. We stayed home in 2016 because y'all ran a center-left shitbag with a history of racism. Moving forward we are going to need to see Dems actually advocate for our interests. Enough lip service. Either you are an actual ally or you can get lost.

This is great.

Jan 10, 2018
You aren't owed our (POC) vote! I think you are really misguided here. Let me say it again- we do not owe you our vote.

When your sole selling point is that the Democratic establishment is not as bad as Trump, good luck getting minority turnout. We stayed home in 2016 because y'all ran a center-left shitbag with a history of racism. Moving forward we are going to need to see Dems actually advocate for our interests. Enough lip service. Either you are an actual ally or you can get lost.

This is great.

Obamas offer was not atleast I'm not Hitler. None of the Democrats in the race have the "atleast I'm not Hitler" offer. The thought that minority groups can't be racist or sexist is rather amusing.

And let it be said from someone who had plenty of family members die because of someone who made the offer "I'm literally Hitler"... Don't take not being Hitler for granted.

Guillotines? Revolution? I'm talking about the last 20 years, not 18th Century France

Capitalism isn't a zero sum game. If it was then extreme poverty wouldn't have been reduced by such great numbers, the people who are escaping extreme poverty aren't crushing other people under them. Like, the very idea of Capitalism is that it's an expansive economic system that grows, which means most everyone benefits from the expansion of goods and wealth

The idea of infinite growth is crushing our planet and is already crushing the poorest. We don't have much time left.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Look at this fucking loser throwing out "B-But four more years of Trump!" at the slightest hint of any criticism against Dems like he's fucking played this great trump card that no one can refute.

No one is falling for your threats "ally".
LOL at calling this topic "the slightest hint of any criticism". I saw someone posting that because Gillibrand's tweet wasn't quite to their liking that she is effectively conceding, others attacking another candidate because he took 20 minutes to reply on Twitter. Trump is laughing his ass off about this, I guarantee it.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is great.

The majority of black voters chose Clinton over Sanders. Sanders had his own very ugly race problems (and still does). Framing this as a poc vs white issue where poc somehow represent the progressive wing of the party is ridiculous, when more poc identify as moderate.

Last edited:

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when just a year ago black people, particularly black women, were being praised by Democrats for being the reason Alabama won a senate seat?

Yet people keep underappreciating, undervaluing, and ignoring the concerns raised by these same people...and gasp, even blame them when they dare want to be more than congradulated for helping win elections. When they actually demand more for issues that matter to them, "allies" throw the 2016 election at their feet, blame them for it, and say they are being stupid or divisive for speaking up.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

"You"? I'm not running for President. How's Trump, Pence and the SC working out?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The idea of infinite growth is crushing our planet and is already crushing the poorest. We don't have much time left.

You can still grow an economy while reducing ecological impact and reduce usage. In 20+ years the majority of our "meat" will be grown in a lab or be created by plant production. Solar will be the cheapest form of energy within the next decade, as well as wind.

That's why you invest in renewables, reduce plastic usage, invest in alternatives to current consumption that doesn't harm the envrionment. Or have regulations and laws that force companies to do so.

Expanding the economy means growing value, growing value doesn't mean you have a linear growth of use of resources, which you can easily see in how our modern economy and production functions.

Last edited:

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guillotines? Revolution? I'm talking about the last 20 years, not 18th Century France

Capitalism isn't a zero sum game. If it was then extreme poverty wouldn't have been reduced by such great numbers, the people who are escaping extreme poverty aren't crushing other people under them. Like, the very idea of Capitalism is that it's an expansive economic system that grows, which means most everyone benefits from the expansion of goods and wealth
20 years? Do you know ANYTHING about why we PoC have ANY of the limited rights that we do? It ain't because of economic interests of the power elite; it was because we were about to burn this motherfucker down.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when just a year ago black people, particularly black women, were being praised by Democrats for being the reason Alabama won a senate seat?

Yet people keep underappreciating, undervaluing, and ignoring the concerns raised by these same people...and gasp, even blame them when they dare want to be more than congradulated for helping win elections. When they actually demand more for issues that matter to them, "allies" throw the 2016 election at their feet, blame them for it, and say they are being stupid or divisive for speaking up.

You know what's funny? I see those charts and I think to myself: white people need to get their shit together.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
At a minimum, everyone who can vote should do so. You have two serious choices there. It may be more important than ever from 2020 onwards to not throw away votes on principle due to many States agreeing to have their EC vote with the national popular vote, if enough States are doing it. Or someone could do more, get more involved by emailing and calling Reps, showing up at town halls etc. Or they could hire lobbyists. Or they could run for Office themselves. At a minimum, vote the one that isn't GOP. There's an old saying about perfect being the enemy of good. Or do you believe most minorities would rather have 4 more years of Trump, Pence and GOP?

I like you say this when this topic is about Ilhan Omar, a refugee from Somalia who did get involved, did run herself, and won a seat in congress to promote change. Then when she spoke out and was targeted by the POTUS, rallying his vile base to kill her, your response to people demanding the rest of the Democrats to support is to tut-tut and pretend it's them that they don't understand what Trump and the rest of the GOP stand for.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, everyone here will vote for democrat come the presidential nomination. Shockingly, I can both criticize them AND still proudly vote for them! But sure, let's do it your way, work hard, get elected, than I too can be a target for political assassination while the party I gave my loyalty to quietly and eagerly throws me to the wolves! Brilliant!

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
20 years? Do you know ANYTHING about why we PoC have ANY of the limited rights that we do? It ain't because of economic interests of the power elite; it was because we were about to burn this motherfucker down.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

what "listen to black women" should mean in practice:
  • literally listening to black women
  • formulating policies and messaging to address their needs
  • championing black women in elected office, both before and after they get elected
what liberals actually tend to mean by it:
  • listening only to black women who agree with their preexisting political views
  • using black women as diversity props
  • throwing black women under the bus the instant they become politically inconvenient
  • invoking the percentage of black women who vote for Democrats as a shield against criticism from the left
  • totemizing rhetoric that paints black women as magical, uniquely selfless creatures who are here to "save us" or "save America"

Jan 10, 2018
You can still grow an economy while reducing ecological impact and reduce usage. In 20+ years the majority of our "meat" will be grown in a lab or be created by plant production. Solar will be the cheapest form of energy within the next decade, as well as wind.

That's why you invest in renewables, reduce plastic usage, invest in alternatives to current consumption that doesn't harm the envrionment. Or have regulations and laws that force companies to do so.

Expanding the economy means growing value, growing value doesn't mean you have a linear growth of use of resources, which you can easily see in how our modern economy and production functions.

We have roughly 11 years to prevent what capitalism is supposed to do. So I hope you are right.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The majority of black voters chose Clinton over Sanders. Sanders had his own very ugly race problems (and still does). Framing this as a poc vs white issue where poc somehow represent the progressive wing of the party is ridiculous, when more poc identify as moderate.

Where did I mention Sanders in my post? He's one of the politicians that POC have to hold accountable for representing us. I have plenty of issues with Bernie on POC issues, particularly black issues.

"You"? I'm not running for President. How's Trump, Pence and the SC working out?

I came out and voted for your awful 2016 candidate in the general election. Even though black turnout was depressed, we still voted for Clinton over Trump by the highest margin of any demographic.

Are you trying to blame black America for Trump, Pence, and the Supreme Court?

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We have roughly 11 years to prevent what capitalism is supposed to do. So I hope you are right.

I never said capitalism is responsible for reducing climate change, I've been very vocal that that requires central government and planning to force a reduction in carbon emissions. But that doesn't mean there aren't opportunities for companies to get ahead of the game in terms of potential markets in the future that use the idea of a low-carbon economy as their core driving force.

My point is growth in the economy can happen with less people, and those people can produce far more "value" than what the previous generation could with a larger number of people and more resources.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Point is, if you want the support of PoC, which Democrats usually always get, then you should be prepared to cede to their demands. That's the contract. They give you their votes, you give them what they want, in this case, defending the leaders representing their interests (Omar, Tlaib, and AOC).

If you're going to threaten them with "you better vote the right way or else you'll get 4 more years of Trump and then you're on your own", well, don't be surprised when voter turn out is depressed like in 2016. Trump is not a bludgeon for you to browbeat PoC into doing and saying what you want.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL at calling this topic "the slightest hint of any criticism". I saw someone posting that because Gillibrand's tweet wasn't quite to their liking that she is effectively conceding, others attacking another candidate because he took 20 minutes to reply on Twitter. Trump is laughing his ass off about this, I guarantee it.

You know there's more to people anger at the establishment democrats than what you have posted but I should have expected such casual dismissal of legitimate issues from someone who is playing the "You minorities better shut up and sit down or else we'll have four more years of trump!" card.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Point is, if you want the support of PoC, which Democrats usually always get, then you should be prepared to cede to their demands. That's the contract. They give you their votes, you give them what they want, in this case, defending the leaders representing their interests (Omar, Tlaib, and AOC).

If you're going to threaten them with "you better vote the right way or else you'll get 4 more years of Trump and then you're on your own", well, don't be surprised when voter turn out is depressed like in 2016. Trump is not a bludgeon for you to browbeat PoC into doing and saying what you want.
I feel like we can just end this thread with this. But this point is flying through so many heads. >.>

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyway Gillibrand is trash, there's plenty of choices who had good responses to mediocre, but still substantial, responses.

Good: Bernie, Warren
Mediocre but in some ways acceptable: Beto, Buttigieg, Harris

We can do better than someone like Gillibrand. It was an easy moral victory and an easy PR victory. If she couldn't even realize that, what hope does she have in the general?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway Gillibrand is trash, there's plenty of choices who had good responses to mediocre but still substantial responses.

Good: Bernie, Warren
Mediocre but in some ways acceptable: Beto, Buttigieg, Harris

We can do better than someone like Gillibrand.

She isn't running but a great should go to AOC.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017

This shit should be bannable.

People like you are the the exact fucking reason we're tired of fucking democrats. Why don't you get this mad at Democrats for constantly dropping the ball about fucking minority issues?

You're part of the fucking problem.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
What do you think would get more people out to vote, though: a candidate that inspires confidence in people and makes an attempt to address the systematic issues that keep getting ignored, or another milquetoast candidate--satisfied with the eternal tug of war of maintaining the status quo--that makes people wonder why they should even vote to begin with?

The Democratic party's saving grace and tagline should not have to be, "At least we're not the GOP". Being the lesser of two evils clearly isn't enough to address the voter apathy that led to Trump being made president.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
You know there's more to people anger at the establishment democrats than what you have posted but I should have expected such casual dismissal of legitimate issues from someone who is playing the "You minorities better shut up and sit down or else we'll have four more years of trump!" card.
I never said anything like that. You are doing casual dismissal seconds after complaining about it.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where did I mention Sanders in my post? He's one of the politicians that POC have to hold accountable for representing us. I have plenty of issues with Bernie on POC issues, particularly black issues.

You mentioned:

Seemingly blaming "you", whoever that may be, for electing Clinton as the candidate. That lead me to believe you weren't happy with that choice, and the choice was pretty clearly Sanders/Clinton. I find it strange you say black voters stayed home in 2016 because of that "center-left shitbag", when they were the ones that gifted Clinton the nomination. Black voters only stayed home compared to 2008 and 2012, when voting for the first black president. I do not believe the black vote was the issue in 2016.

How do you want to improve on that in 2020? There's a diverse field of primary candidates.

Jan 10, 2018
If your voting hinges on a fellow forumdweller saying "well atleast its not Hitler", you really should consider to get into politics instead.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Always with the "you better vote for Democrats because the GOP is worse/4 more years of Trump" line to bludgeon PoC with. It is so fucking tiring.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never said anything like that. You are doing casual dismissal seconds after complaining about it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lmao this thread went to shit because some people REALLY can't deal with democrats ever being criticized by people who are going to vote all democrat all the time anyway.