• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

@speakerpelosi:
As we visit our troops in Stuttgart to thank them and be briefed by them, we honor our first responsibility as leaders to protect and defend the American people. It is wrong for the President, as Commander-in-Chief, to fan the flames to make anyone less safe.

I think I like this? it's not what I'd like to see but I imagine a lot of older white people are nodding their heads

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018

@speakerpelosi:
As we visit our troops in Stuttgart to thank them and be briefed by them, we honor our first responsibility as leaders to protect and defend the American people. It is wrong for the President, as Commander-in-Chief, to fan the flames to make anyone less safe.

Wow, even when she finally has response, she wont even mention Illhan by name nor the rampant islamaphobia.

Essentially, "9/11 is sacred, please dont bring it up, or make "anyone less safe"

The woman has a smear campaign the size of a tsunami, adress it, back her up.

She was so eager to condemn bigotry when Aipac was threatened, but when people have already tried to kill muslims, all that passion is gone.
Coward.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

@speakerpelosi:

We keep telling people Pelosi ain't shit. She's been proving that over and over again. She's more concerned with protecting the status quo than she is with actual justice.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dan Crenshaw is a steaming pile of garbage. Fuck him and his dead eye. Grandstanding, holier than thou motherfucker.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

@speakerpelosi:

One of your members is in danger of being murdered by hateful bigots incited by the president of the United States, and you can't even mention her by name. Fucking yaas kween.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

@speakerpelosi:

Bullshit response that safely lets her condemn Trump's actions without addressing Islamophobia. Piss off.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Just post the Howard Stern clip of Trump bragging about Trump Tower being taller post-9/11

Not surprised, but still surprised. Srsly? (of course srsly, I know, I know, but... what)

That + Trump's own flatout lies about seeing Muslims celebrating on 9/11. Tho so many will buy that cos it suits.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

@speakerpelosi:

weak ass response, disapointed.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Dangerous goddamn animal. His supporters will of course not bother to watch the actual speech, and will just run with this.

Sounds like Omar just desires that we don't label all Muslims as terrorists, because a few extremists committed a terrorist act.

...Seems reasonable.

Not surprised, but still surprised. Srsly? (of course srsly, I know, I know, but... what)

That + Trump's own flatout lies about seeing Muslims celebrating on 9/11. Tho so many will buy that cos it suits.

Yeah...here's the clip. Check it out from 0:55.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi cares more about trying not to rock the boat for the "moderates" than actually defending a member of her caucus who now has her life in danger.

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is an ignorant take. I follow most political threads, not just AOC/Ilhan threads, and his views have been consistent across any subject from what I've seen of his posts. Concerns about the party fracturing can be and have been discussed in many topics outside of Ilhan topics.

Other people also have opinions and go as far as demanding representatives stand behind Ilhan no matter what or they wont get a vote. How is that any less of qualified for being labeled as an "arbitrator?" With everyone throwing around opinions its dubious to only want to shutdown his voice.
I wish democrats were as unified as republicans

Well, the party has been trying to fracture itself the moment they threw Omar under the bus and joined the Republicans in smearing her.

As to dem voters, they care about unity, but when it comes to Omar....

At least we won't have to deal with Omar's bullshit after next election. You don't "bothsides" Obama and Trump. Go fuck yourself Omar.

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's just unbelievable how trump keeps doing insane things everyday and we just go "oh wow" and move on to the next thing. It's easy to understand how terrible people came into power throughout history.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Pelosi has managed to completely ignore the victim in this whole situation. Like, that was deliberately done with that tweet.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder who was the young staffer that spliced this together? Trump obviously didn't do it himself.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wow they totally go all-in in this culture war hm? Don´t even pretend anymore of UNITY and ONE AMERICA hu? This is worse than Goebbels propaganda. Trump and his stooges attacking other political leaders with lies and tailored videos. That is clearly madness and everyday he can continue in this office the more democracy will get damaged in the US until no one gives a fuck anymore.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I decided to finally take a peek at the old site and see if there was a thread on this and I am genuinely sorry that I looked.

Evilore himself is defending Trump and people are cheering Trump on for this bullshit. Not only that there is some poor idiot there who is defending Omar, but they are being labeled a "Terrorist Apologist" for it. That place is a fucking cesspit.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
You posted so much, every time, all the time, in threads related about Omar about how we should 'unite' as if you want people to always obey your directive about what level of criticism is acceptable when directed towards the Dems themselves on how they treated her.

Of course I want the Dems to be united, don't you? You're not going to beat Trump or the Republicans with a shattered left who are divided on issues like this. Deescalation between sub-groups is crucial to heal and lower tensions so when the time comes they're still on the mindset of being up to 11 emotionally and saying screw Democrats to anyone in earshot (this has been an issue since '16) isn't helping this process, it's maintaining the escalation. What's missing here is not that I want to obey my orders, it's to have an open mind to listen to what I have to say and accept that it's not in a bad faith. This is a massive barrier I've encountered on this forum between the Leftists and everyone else. Even in this paragraph your first instinct is to think in binary terms when I'm offering more than that in my arguments. Which comes back to unity, why would people believe you'll vote for Dems when you couldn't be bothering showing signs that you'll listen to people in the same party who you disagree with?

When the criticism entails agreeing with the Left or Republicans and no in between, yeah, I'm going to call that out as bullshit and erasing the Democrats (who are too often seen as collaborators or identical to Republicans, when all they've done is suggest maybe Omar needs to word her statement a bit better). It gets exhausting and it's not a recipe for genuine dialogue between groups.

In fact, you posted about 'unity'so much that despite your claim that you're okay thar people are criticizing the Dems over how they treated Omar, what you really want seem to be for people to not say anything about it at all, as it seems like right now ANY criticism towards the Dems are so quick to be pointed as BREAKING THE UNITY by you.

Regarding posters reactions benefit of a doubt is really running out for me in relation to whether you're unaware of how aggressive in your "critiques" or this is simply projection over how you know they're going overboard but are pretending to ignore the implications as admitting this people are not offering genuine criticism is a blow many posters on the left can't afford to their reputations on the forums. I've emphatically posted with depth, grey areas and occasionally testing black and white view points with variety and in good faith but I continuously get reacted in pure binary ultimatums for political questions few people know all the answers to. You're doing it right now with this paragraph.

what you really want seem to be for people to not say anything about it at all, as it seems like right now ANY criticism towards the Dems are so quick to be pointed as BREAKING THE UNITY by you.

Framing my arguments wrongly as agree with me or shut up when that's rarely how I engage. This encapsulates all my arguments about criticism of the Dems as being a non-starter when that wasn't what I was arguing at all, aside from extreme circumstances.

Breaking the unity is another subject which we're clashing over, when unity is a strength in politics. Everyone does this, you're doing this right by building solidarity with Leftists posters in here. But when it comes to Democrats, this isn't a concern - despite the fact many of my opponents engage in scorched earth tactics at a drop of hat and you're asking me why I'm concerned about unity? Why wouldn't I be? The country is at stake yet your framing this as though we're all calmly discussing quaint concerns over a cup of tea when that's far from the case with these discussions. So of course I'll occasionally defend myself when it gets overwhelming, anyone would.

What's truly amazing here is that I agree with plenty Leftists have to say on the Democrats, how the system needs reform, regarding white supremacy entrenched through America and the racial injustices being perpetuated by the system. The main crux of the debate is how we go about fixing those problems, which is too regularly seen as defending this system when I'm just acknowledging the boulder in our path that people are ignoring.

Added bonus by saying condescending stuff like 'you're helping Trump here!' or by saying like you know what's best for Omar and that you have her best interest at heart and how anyone disagreeing with you is supporting Trump or hurting her. Fuck that kind of rhetoric is aggravating. You seem to always want to dictate how people are feeling and responding.

First off, I'm not the only one in these conversations who believe disagreeing with opinions is helping the GOP. Plenty on the Left act like this, as well, yet I don't see you berating them for it. What gets me about this response is that you think the left is blameless for emotional manipulation here when they do to a vastly higher level than I ever have. Now, I'm saying everyone does this but plenty do and again, not a word from you on this. Just business as usual. But when you think a centrist does it, then it becomes unacceptable.

How we got here is tactics. Do you consider every political fight/argument to be fought with scorched Earth solution? Because I don't.

Frankly, I found your patronizing, grandstanding, and posturing to be really tiring and unnecessary. You always seem ready to do this in each and every thread about her. What makes you the sole arbiter of acceptable level of criticism towards the Dems over how they treated her anyway?

Ok, I haven't been doing this in every thread about Omar, while I have been in a few I haven't posted in all of them. I'm just a single person with an opinion, and I'm not the only person on this forum with that point of view. I never said my opinion should be the sole point of authority on this subject yet conveniently I never hear you commenting on why you think your side has all the answers but anyone who isn't a leftist should obey without question.

There's plenty of judging going on here, that's just human nature and everyone does it.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

@speakerpelosi:

I've defended Pelosi in the past, but I'm on my last straw here with all these dinosaur ass democrats. The collective inaction of the democrats after taking the house in January, combined with Pelosi's mind boggling reluctance to even mention Ilhan Omar's name is just pitiful.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, even when she finally has response, she wont even mention Illhan by name nor the rampant islamaphobia.

Essentially, "9/11 is sacred, please dont bring it up, or make "anyone less safe"

The woman has a smear campaign the size of a tsunami, adress it, back her up.

She was so eager to condemn bigotry when Aipac was threatened, but when people have already tried to kill muslims, all that passion is gone.
Coward.

After the last debacle this is a huge victory.

Went from a -98 to a solid -4 on the decency scale.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

@speakerpelosi:

This is some weak and generic boilerplate stuff.

At times like this I am reminded of the pendulum that swings on Era with regards to Pelosi's perception between "Ugh" and "Yass Queen".

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I decided to finally take a peek at the old site and see if there was a thread on this and I am genuinely sorry that I looked.

Evilore himself is defending Trump and people are cheering Trump on for this bullshit. Not only that there is some poor idiot there who is defending Omar, but they are being labeled a "Terrorist Apologist" for it. That place is a fucking cesspit.

Ok you made me curious so I looked.

That place is a bizarre thing now. Total right-wing shithole defending Trump and attacking the 'left'. So weird to see it become that. My first time seeing posts by Evillore leading the charge too. A few usernames I recognize as well. It's like they all fell to the influence of chaos or something.

Oct 30, 2017
When did Pelosi switch from the confrontational and strong speaker to this passive, meek loser?

There is no semblance of cohesion or unity in the Dem party. This attitude of not rocking the boat is going to blow up in our face next year. It's become really fucking pathetic.

Oct 27, 2017
I can only recommend that people don't go to gaf, regardless of the morbid curiosity to see what it's like nowadays. It's trash, and we should be above talking about it.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018

That place is a bizarre thing now. Total right-wing shithole defending Trump and attacking the 'left'. So weird to see it become that. My first time seeing posts by Evillore leading the charge too. A few usernames I recognize as well. It's like they all fell to the influence of chaos or something.
the good part is that you notice poor activity across the board, the most active threads are a handful with posts 3 5 minutes ago while the rest have either gaps of 40 minutes and half or even an entire days worth of inactivity.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

The place is now a safe haven for racism and hate. And Evilore fully sanctions all of it out what I can only assume is spite. Its fucking pathetic.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
the good part is that you notice poor activity across the board, the most active threads are a handful with posts 3 5 minutes ago while the rest have either gaps of 40 minutes and half or even an entire days worth of inactivity.

Youa re 100% right. The forum is dying. Not even the right wing shills who flooded the site can save it. Thank god.

Oct 27, 2017
When did Pelosi switch from the confrontational and strong speaker to this passive, meek loser?

There is no semblance of cohesion or unity in the Dem party. This attitude of not rocking the boat is going to blow up in our face next year. It's become really fucking pathetic.
What? This is who she's always been. The number of people here who shouted down anyone that didn't want her to run the House again was stupidly high because while yes she will do a good job keeping dems united in the house, she will never be an agent for the kind of change so many on this site want. She's a politician. A great one. And that is definitely not a compliment.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
That tweet by Pelosi seems weak. She didn't even mention Omar by name and claims the central issue is "sacred memory of 9/11". Huh? The central issue is Trump is a fucking racist and a fascist.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

@speakerpelosi:

Lookout, shes got a cottonball!

Disgusting response to this entire thing. Democratic leadership is horse shit. Lots of folks arent going to bother to vote because of shit like this. Things are already bad. Not saying me. But i can see that a giant group realizes that their own party gives no fucks about them..

Feel shame for supporting pelosi. Fuck her and her clapping.

She will still be tweeting about civility when trump starts tossing children in ovens. All of them need to go.

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet by Pelosi seems weak. She didn't even mention Omar by name and claims the central issue is "sacred memory of 9/11". Huh? The central issue is Trump is a fucking racist and a fascist.
She's a politician. She's not going to outright side with Omar after Omar said something in a way that Pelosi knows pissed off a lot of liberal voters. Pelosi is all about Pelosi remaining in power. So instead she leads with an incredibly weak attack on Trump that no one will even remember an hour after reading it. She's nothing if not predictable.

Trodimus

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
What trump posted was ridiculous and offensive, however Omar talked about 9/11 in a wildly dismissive fashion. Pelosi is right to attack trump and avoid defending her, its political poison to associate with her right now and we need to beat trump in 2020.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What trump posted was ridiculous and offensive, however Omar talked about 9/11 in a wildly dismissive fashion. Pelosi is right to attack trump and avoid defending her, its political poison to associate with her right now and we need to beat trump in 2020.

No. Omar, once again, is exactly right. There is no reason to "both sides" this situation when someone's life is literally in danger, and not only is the President of the United States fanning the flames, Dem leadership has no intention on helping her.

If it's political poison to agree or associate with Omar, more people need to be poisoned.