• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
donors: "if you move even two step to the left we cut your founds dry"
cue pelosi heavy sweating.

Getting democrats elected, not just in AOC's safe district but also in the Connor Lamb districts in the country, is Pelosi's job. If Trump is raking in money left and right and Pelosi fails to match that, then the lawmakers who don't make the twitter headlines every few days are gonna get flooded in 2020 and Pelosi would be right to sweat on that.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Getting democrats elected, not just in AOC's safe district but also in the Connor Lamb districts in the country, is Pelosi's job. If Trump is raking in money left and right and Pelosi fails to match that, then the lawmakers who don't make the twitter headlines every few days are gonna get flooded in 2020 and Pelosi would be right to sweat on that.

Trump has a solid base that will back him no matter what. Dems don't have it and it appears to be only getting worse as the left attacks itself. The right's attacks on the new progressives is only going to get worse. The left needs to stop playing into their hands.

The Dems need to figure out how to unify before 2020 or we will have another 4 years of Trump hell.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Only way Pelosi could be more direct is if she said "Fuck black voters, we statistically don't need them IF were able to convince the racists :)"

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So the answer is...placate the right in hopes it will cause them to vote democrat while browbeating the left for daring to be heard?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Pelosi just keeps shutting down AOC, Tlaib and Ilhan. How many times is this now where she's publicly shit on M4A?

Last I checked it has 108 cosponsors and almost every presidential candidate supports it, Nance.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
So the answer is...placate the right in hopes it will cause them to vote democrat while browbeating the left for daring to be heard?
The answer in Establishment Dems eyes is not to give a shit about voters, being the only trump alternitive basically means the left is stuck with them.

So they only pander to special interests, since those have a choice, plus they are corrupt enough that they cant say no to the money.

Oct 31, 2017

She said we need to "hold the center" of the extreme right. The "mainstream" is racist as fuck.

It's clear she's courting racists aka "centrists/moderates" more than anything.

She certainly isn't courting, protecting or upholding people of color by throwing Omar under the bus and being in the pocket of an apartheid state with so many human rights violations.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Actions speak louder than words, and its clear the party wants us to shut up and not have a voice.
She said we need to "hold the center" of the extreme right. The "mainstream" is racist as fuck.

It's clear she's courting racists aka "centrists/moderates" more than anything.

She certainly isn't courting, protecting or upholding people of color by throwing Omar under the bus and being in the pocket of an apartheid state with so many human rights violations.

Okay, I understand the situation a bit better now.

Thank you.

Oct 26, 2017
He's attacking Ilhan again:

Dems like Stoyer, Schumer, and Pelosi didn't load this gun and fire it but they helped provide the ammo. If they got ahead of this early and defended Omar by saying what she said was not anti Semitic or anti US they would be in a better position to defend her, but now what Trump is accusing her of are the same thing Dem leadership has as well.

Erpy

May 31, 2018

No, the answer is try to keep both the Biden base and the Bernie base on board, since both are required to take back power in 2020, and try to keep as much attention on the legislative agenda as Trump and the Twitterverse will allow.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Dems like Stoyer, Schumer, and Pelosi didn't load this gun and fire it but they helped provide the ammo. If they got ahead of this early and defended Omar by saying what she said was not anti Semitic or anti US they would be in a better position to defend her, but now what Trump is accusing her of are the same thing Dem leadership has as well.

yup, this is 100% correct.

"But the people who accused her of antisemitism did so in good faith!" I don't give a shit. TERFs deeply, sincerely, in good faith believe that trans women are a threat to the rights of "real" women, and white evangelical Christians deeply, sincerely, in good faith believe that they're being persecuted for their race and religious beliefs.

those aren't perfect analogies, of course - antisemitism is a real thing that can't be dismissed out of hand in the way that trans "bigotry" against cis women or "bigotry" against white evangelical Christians can - but the point is that sometimes even good-faith allegations of bigotry are just plain wrong, and treating them as valid is actively harmful to other marginalized groups, which is what happened here.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty cool of Twitter to let someone incite hatred and threaten the safety of a minority and do nothing about it.

Dead on.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

Someone wanna explain to me how using a phrase inextricably linked with 9/11 to complain about a conspiracy theory against him isn't much worse than they ever dreamed to smear Ilhan of when it comes to trivializing 9/11...

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
He's attacking Ilhan again:

He has the Democrats locked on that one. The reason is very simple. The USA is tied way to hard to Israel. Any criticism on Israel is being called antisemitic. From the Democrat side as well the Republican side as well as the media. You just can't have a honest discussion about it.
It is a great point for Trump to have. And be sure he will benefit from it and he will hammer and hammer the point home.
The only thing Pelosi can do is silence these criticism against Israel from her own party and mostly from Omar. But Omar will not stop speaking and will have very good points (but naive) but will damage the Democratic party even more. And Trump is ready to make it happen.
And this will have collateral damage because it will cross over to the point what the Democrats are doing for POC. It is basically a win win win for Trump.
Imo the good thing to do is speak as little about the situation. Seize power again in the White House and Congress and then try to change things.
The Democrats in my eyes are not very smart, especially Omar. She doesn't win anything by speaking up now. It is the opposite she will loose with her tactic and Trump wins easily. Pelosi is right. But I fear the fire has started and Trump and Omar will make sure that it will be a big one very soon. It is perfect for Trump.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
He's picked up the scent that Pelosi will not go to bat for Omar.

He's gonna go HAM now.

Congrats Pelosi, you fucking did this.
Why would you expect Trump to not do this if Pelosi made a strong statement of support for her? His base is eating her words alive regardless of anything Pelosi does and he's reacting to that first and foremost. Plus she's muslim and a refugee, it's like the perfect storm for him.

Oct 29, 2017
Why would you expect Trump to not do this if Pelosi made a strong statement of support for her? His base is eating her words alive regardless of anything Pelosi does and he's reacting to that first and foremost. Plus she's muslim and a refugee, it's like the perfect storm for him.

Oh for sure, this was expected. Just frustrating as all hell for the top Dems to just completely trip over their own shoe laces with the "response" to this.

Omar may be in serious danger in the near future and these assholes aren't doing shit.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
He has the Democrats locked on that one. The reason is very simple. The USA is tied way to hard to Israel. Any criticism on Israel is being called antisemitic. From the Democrat side as well the Republican side as well as the media. You just can't have a honest discussion about it.
It is a great point for Trump to have. And be sure he will benefit from it and he will hammer and hammer the point home.
The only thing Pelosi can do is silence these criticism against Israel from her own party and mostly from Omar. But Omar will not stop speaking and will have very good points (but naive) but will damage the Democratic party even more. And Trump is ready to make it happen.
And this will have collateral damage because it will cross over to the point what the Democrats are doing for POC. It is basically a win win win for Trump.
Imo the good thing to do is speak as little about the situation. Seize power again in the White House and Congress and then try to change things.
The Democrats in my eyes are not very smart, especially Omar. She doesn't win anything by speaking up now. It is the opposite she will loose with her tactic and Trump wins easily. Pelosi is right. But I fear the fire has started and Trump and Omar will make sure that it will be a big one very soon. It is perfect for Trump.
Try to change things?
Your assuming the dems don't want the status qou, on the contrary they love it.
They are just as in bed with special interests.
They dont care about POC either, over the years, regardless who is in charge POC were always given the cold shoulder.

But go on, tell POC to quiet down because their issues will dealt with "later"

I'm pretty sure they'll be shushed down then too.

Here is the thing, why do people like these believe the party can't be reformed?
That it can't get any better, can't evolve or grow?
That this is just the "way it is".

The GOP took over the republicans and now they have a passionate, engaged base.

Dems are telling the left to vote out of obligation and remain out of touch as shit insisting things can't get better.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
There's also comparing sex to Vietnam shit that's far more offensive than anything they think Ilhan said.

Doesn't matter. Ring wing machine on fucking over drive and its on repeat on in the majority of middle aged white boomers houses. And they never forget to fucking vote and actually have the resources to donate to campaigns.

Outside of small bubbles, the right wing has been so successful at hammering Ilhan Omar that I wouldn't be surprised if the old school corporate leadership dems asked for her to resign already. They simply don't want her anywhere near the 2020 campaign as their looking for "heartland" votes.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you are implying that conservatives have some kind of standard, for a lot of them they can do no wrong because they are them.

Conservatives I've talked openly wish that Trump would just shoot Omar to "show those democrats how its done". It's so shocking and horrifying. What's worse is the glee on their face when they see my reaction which is followed by a hasty "don't worry, you're one of the good ones" despite me not being Muslim (I'm Burmese and currently Athiest with past Buddhist and Christian leanings) just makes everything seem hopeless to me.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Try to change things?
Your assuming the dems don't want the status qou, on the contrary they love it.
They are just as in bed with special interests.
They dont care about POC either, over the years, regardless who is in charge POC were always given the cold shoulder.

But go on, tell POC to quiet down because their issues will dealt with "later"

I'm pretty sure they'll be shushed down then too.

Here is the thing, why do people like these believe the party can't be reformed?
That it can't get any better, can't evolve or grow?
That this is just the "way it is".

The GOP took over the republicans and now they have a passionate, engaged base.

Dems are telling the left to vote out of obligation and remain out of touch as shit insisting things can't get better.
Ok no problem if you want the issues be heard now. But don't be surprised if you don't win an election again.
You can win and then push full on and debate these things and make changes. Now you are just making sure you give Trump all the chances to win again.
Which party do you think is the most open to the changes that you want?
In my mind it is the Democrats. If that is your opinion to, then you are basically hurting them at the moment.
Yes I already said that the Democrats have these special interests but imo there are many more fractions who sees things differently on their side (like Omar). And can change the policy more if they are in power.
But now you are basically running in an ambush. You think your tactics (your morals are good) are good but it will have the opposite effect of what you want.
You see the crossover now already with POC questioning why they should vote for the Democrats. And Voila win win win Trump.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok no problem if you want the issues be heard now. But don't be surprised if you don't win an election again.
You can win and then push full on and debate these things and make changes. Now you are just making sure you give Trump all the chances to win again.
Which party do you think is the most open to the changes that you want?
In my mind it is the Democrats. If that is your opinion to, then you are basically hurting them at the moment.
Yes I already said that the Democrats have these special interests but imo there are many more fractions who sees things differently on their side (like Omar). And can change the policy more if they are in power.
But now you are basically running in an ambush. You think your tactics (your morals are good) are good but it will have the opposite effect of what you want.
You see the crossover now already with POC questioning why they should vote for the Democrats. And Voila win win win Trump.

POC are currently having their head bashed in by a maniac with the boot while the guard who can stop them won't. Then, that guard demands you make sure he keeps his job because his replacement will give the maniac boots with cleaves. And you're thinking this is how politics should work.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
He's picked up the scent that Pelosi will not go to bat for Omar.

He's gonna go HAM now.

Congrats Pelosi, you fucking did this.

What? If Pelosi did go to bat for her he'd go just as hard. They already villainized Pelosi more than almost anyone else. If she was out there defending fervently he'd keep going. They want to paint the face of the Democrats as Ilhan, AOC, and Pelosi.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
POC are currently having their head bashed in by a maniac with the boot while the guard who can stop them won't. Then, that guard demands you make sure he keeps his job because his replacement will give the maniac boots with cleaves. And you're thinking this is how politics should work.

Can they stop him? No.

Oct 29, 2017
What? If Pelosi did go to bat for her he'd go just as hard. They already villainized Pelosi more than almost anyone else. If she was out there defending fervently he'd keep going. They want to paint the face of the Democrats as Ilhan, AOC, and Pelosi.

Trump backs off if he knows he's losing, even when he pretends he's not backing off. He just mumbles nonsense and shuffles away from the topic and finds something new to tweet about.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Comical. The old way of Democrats doing nothing until they won was a BIG SUCCESS last presidential election.

Hilarious stuff Bliman.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I love how that's your immediate response. They can't so don't even try. Sorry POCs everywhere! Just continue to suffer because even lifting a finger is just too much effort and we can instead try getting racists in our pocket again instead!

Aight. I meant that your central conceit is wrong there. Nothing else. Stop putting words in people's mouths, that's kinda how we get into this situation.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was talking to the person you quoted, Bliman, their wishy washy bullshit, roll over until we win and fuck POC posts.

Oh, ok, sorry. Misunderstand your post.

Aight. I meant that your central conceit is wrong there. Nothing else. Stop putting words in people's mouths, that's kinda how we get into this situation.

And what central conceit is that? That Democrats needs do to more than use POC's as living props for diversity quotas while doing nothing to listen to them?

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I am saying that you have to be like the horse of Troy. And then when you have won you change things. Now you are running at the gates with nothing in your hands and you will get slaughtered.
The only time that the tactic of Omar can work is when Omar get's killed (and that is beyond f*cked up) and you will get some sort of Martin Luther King moment. Also she is in government now and then you have to use different tactics to win. If she was someone like Martin Luther King then it would be very different. And she would gain much power from the people. Now she has to play it smart. And maybe she does and Pelosi and Omar has set out a strategy. But I very much doubt it.