• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, ok, sorry. Misunderstand your post.

And what central conceit is that? That Democrats needs do to more than use POC's as living props for diversity quotas while doing nothing to listen to them?

It's just your analogy is wrong. The guard can't stop the abuse. He can't do anything. There is no option for Pelosi to stop Trump. She can speak up more specifically, sure, but she can't actually do anything material beyond that. I know it's getting emotional in here, so I'll just drop it.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I am saying that you have to be like the horse of Troy. And then when you have won you change things. Now you are running at the gates with nothing in your hands and you will get slaughtered.
The only time that the tactic of Omar can work is when Omar get's killed (and that is beyond f*cked up) and you will get some sort of Martin Luther King moment. Also she is in government now and then you have to use different tactics to win. If she was someone like Martin Luther King then it would be very different. And she would gain much power from the people. Now she has to play it smart. And maybe she does and Pelosi and Omar has set out a strategy. But I very much doubt it.

Ilhan Omar isn't running for President in 2020. No one is running at any gates with 'nothing in our hands'. You sound like a fool.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Courting the center always ends up being circular bullshit.

Democrats crow about "fooling the white centrists and moderates" to get elected....

Then they get elected and refuse to enact progressive policy because "OMG IF PUSH PROGRESSIVE POLICY, THE WHITE MODERATE WE'LL SEE WE FOOLED THEM AND WELL NEVER GET REELECTED AGAIN"

So you get a Democratic party who capitulates to the right wing, doesn't do a goddamn thing for it's most faithful base bit is quick to blame them for not towing the line. The shit is endlessly aggravating.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
it's a world where at least the face of the DC doesn't throw one of her colleagues under the bus.

I mean sure I'd prefer Pelosi defend her, but this is a moment where Turmp wins either way. Pelosi is the vilified person on the left, and the right has tried painting the Democrats as Pelosi for a long time. Now they're doing the same with AOC and Ilhan. It's a win/win situation. Pelosi doesn't defend and the left eats itself. Pelosi does? Well that's also what they want, to be able to point to the left and say "See, Pelosi, Ilhan, and AOC are the democrats."

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Ilhan Omar isn't running for President in 2020. No one is running at any gates with 'nothing in our hands'. You sound like a fool.
Well thank you for name calling. Always nice and good argument to.
Why is it relevant if she runs for President? So is or isn't Omar standpoint important or not? The Democrats could stand behind Omar full 100% now and Trump would use it against the Democrats. And it will work 100%.
Why, because it will be turned into an antisemitic thing and POC and other religious groups will come over the Democrats, you see it happening here already . Even the media was already coming after her.
You can only change things when you have the power. And change can only come if their are more people in a party that want that change. That movement is more present on the Democratic side.
Both sides have conservative voices. But the Republicans outweigh that ratio by a big margin. Try to change when they are in power. Good luck with that.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I mean sure I'd prefer Pelosi defend her, but this is a moment where Turmp wins either way. Pelosi is the vilified person on the left, and the right has tried painting the Democrats as Pelosi for a long time. Now they're doing the same with AOC and Ilhan. It's a win/win situation. Pelosi doesn't defend and the left eats itself. Pelosi does? Well that's also what they want, to be able to point to the left and say "See, Pelosi, Ilhan, and AOC are the democrats."
Exactly. It is a perfect thing for Trump to have for the reelection in 2020. And he will exploit it.

Oct 29, 2017
Because they're completely divorced from reality.

Seriously I cannot fathom a world where Pelosi defending Ilhan means Trump backs off.

It's a question of "necessary but not sufficient". It is not sufficient for Pelosi to back her up for Trump to fuck off and do something else, but it is necessary. Why would he ever stop if he knows he's not going to get any pushback at all on it?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
trump/conservatives are going to attack either way, the best thing should be, again, not dancing at their rhythm.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
It's a question of "necessary but not sufficient". It is not sufficient for Pelosi to back her up for Trump to fuck off and do something else, but it is necessary. Why would he ever stop if he knows he's not going to get any pushback at all on it?

Pelosi doesn't equate to "pushback" in Trump's world. That's what I'm saying. Pelosi could go fucking hard on him every day of the week and it wouldn't fucking matter because she's Nancy fucking Pelosi. He would welcome a public Pelosi fight. A fight on words with her is never getting him to high tail it the fuck back to his corner to shut up. Her playing him for a goddamend fool in legislation might, but never with a fight like this.

trump/conservatives are going to attack either way, the best thing should be, again, not dancing at their rhythm.

Best thing in this case would have been to copy what the right does for Trump shit. Point the finger back and have some righteous indignation. I'm not denying Pelosi should be part of that united front, but let's not think just her doing it somehow would make Trump high tail it away. In fact in the world where the Dems are united and do get them to back of Ilhan it's not a world where Pelosi's the loudest. Or it's a world where the Republicans haven't delighted in villifying her for years.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
He's attacking Ilhan again:

If only pelosi hoyer and Schumer had an ounce of common sense they would realise that Ilhans statements were not antisemitic and not directed towards Jews like the media likes to narrative manafacture, dem leadership has been painted in a corner. They have to agree with trump on antisemitic part and disagree on anti American part thus convoluting their entire response

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Aaand we're back to blaming black people and muslims for Trump's rising buffoonery and the dems cowardice.

The onus is never on the white people who voted for him, and always on minorities who are barely afforded rights and respect from their own fucking party.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Well thank you for name calling. Always nice and good argument to.
Why is it relevant if she runs for President? So is or isn't Omar standpoint important or not? The Democrats could stand behind Omar full 100% now and Trump would use it against the Democrats. And it will work 100%.
Why, because it will be turned into an antisemitic thing and POC and other religious groups will come over the Democrats, you see it happening here already . Even the media was already coming after her.
You can only change things when you have the power. And change can only come if their are more people in a party that want that change. That movement is more present on the Democratic side.
Both sides have conservative voices. But the Republicans outweigh that ratio by a big margin. Try to change when they are in power. Good luck with that.

Democrats are not poweless and I'm not sure why we re discussing this as if this was the agreed upon reality.

They give up flexing that power by chasong mythic centrist majority and appearing to the "centrist" party. Republicans love centrist democrats. They play by the rules and like to vote for bipartisan bills! :)

Democrats not standing behind Omar and shaming the President/Republicans for inciting violence don't really deserve the office of President, to me.

I'm not sure what you are saying in the last two sentences.

Oct 25, 2017
White folks go out and actually for vote for Trump and continue to celebrate for the next two years: "What can we do to make ourselves more appealing to the white supremacist demographic?"

Black folks merely voice concern about the Dems despite continuing to vote Dem almost exclusively every single time: "Booooooooooo! You don't understand politics. Shut the fuck up and let us get to work trying to please racists otherwise the racists will win"

Good stuff moderates, how long you reckon you can keep that con going?

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Democrats are not poweless and I'm not sure why we re discussing this as if this was the agreed upon reality.

They give up flexing that power by chasong mythic centrist majority and appearing to the "centrist" party. Republicans love centrist democrats. They play by the rules and like to vote for bipartisan bills! :)

Democrats not standing behind Omar and shaming the President/Republicans for inciting violence don't really deserve the office of President, to me.

I'm not sure what you are saying in the last two sentences.
Democrats are powerless imo at the moment. They can't change anything at the moment.
The Democrats has also many many ties with Israel. You have such a big bond that anything someone will say will be downstruck.
Trump knows this very well and wants those Jewish voters. He is also creating chaos by knowing that the Democrats can't fully support Omar and he also knows that it will open the wound of what did the Democrats ever done to POC for the votes that the POC have given them. So that is a second win for Trump. The Democrats are in a lose lose situation. And Trump knows it. Either the Democrats are starting to be critical to Israel but then they will lose the Jewish votes and support and also the financial benefits the Americans get from the Jews. Or they do nothing and try to downplay it. In that case they will be called hypocrits by POC and religious groups. And they are less likely to vote for them.
My view is that you have to seize power and then make the changes. Now they are trying to keep all the voters. Because they want to win.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats are powerless imo at the moment. They can't change anything at the moment.
The Democrats has also many many ties with Israel. You have such a big bond that anything someone will say will be downstruck.
Trump knows this very well and wants those Jewish voters. He is also creating chaos by knowing that the Democrats can't fully support Omar and he also knows that it will open the wound of what did the Democrats ever done to POC for the votes that the POC have given them. So that is a second win for Trump. The Democrats are in a lose lose situation. And Trump knows it. Either the Democrats are starting to be critical to Israel but then they will lose the Jewish votes and support and also the financial benefits the Americans get from the Jews. Or they do nothing and try to downplay it. In that case they will be called hypocrits by POC and religious groups. And they are less likely to vote for them.
My view is that you have to seize power and then make the changes. Now they are trying to keep all the voters. Because they want to win.

And us POC need to be silent and just be glad that we are not represented? We need to be glad watching someone being a target of actual assassination? You do know this is the exact opposite on how you gain a base right? You don't gain a base by constantly insisting that nothing can be done, but vote for us anyway!

Oct 25, 2017
Either the Democrats are starting to be critical to Israel but then they will lose the Jewish votes and support and also the financial benefits the Americans get from the Jews.

So why don't you and your fellow moderates lecture Jewish voters on the evils of switching their vote to Neo-nazis and threaten them with 4 more years of Trump? 🤔

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Can't change anything? Powerless? The Democrats have the house and can have the election, if they motivate people. Another centrist limp noodle is a surefire way to crash and burn, as Trump will just attack them as mercilessly as any other Democrat but that centrist candidate will find that the support of "moderates" is extremely fickle.

"Opening a wound" doesn't mean that people will stay home on election day just because the ring wing media is trying to have Omar assassinated. An incumbent with a good economy simply should not have Trumps favorability numbers.

If the Democrats run a strong, confident voice who isn't trying to avoid criticism from Trump (which is impossible) that is far better than any "Trojan horse" and "change only when in power".

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
And us POC need to be silent and just be glad that we are not represented? We need to be glad watching someone being a target of actual assassination? You do know this is the exact opposite on how you gain a base right? You don't gain a base by constantly insisting that nothing can be done, but vote for us anyway!
And then they wonder why the left doesn't vote and proceeds to shame them anyway

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
No you have to push when you have power. Then you make the changes. Unless you think your base is big enough to win. And I think that you have a difficult one here because you either lose the Jewish voters or can lose the Muslims and POC. It is up to them how to deal with that. I think they will try to keep from spreading the wound further and try to keep the POC onboard. But they will say little about the situation about Israel and the Muslims. Also don't forget that Muslims still have a very bad name. And I don't think that America is ready for that change in the case of the Muslims. There is a to hard a connotation for the moment also thanks to Trump.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah all Jews support Israel. /s

Stop generalizing. Not every Jew support Israel.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No you have to push when you have power. Then you make the changes. Unless you think your base is big enough to win. And I think that you have a difficult one here because you either lose the Jewish voters or can lose the Muslims and POC. It is up to them how to deal with that. I think they will try to keep from spreading the wound further and try to keep the POC onboard. But they will say little about the situation about Israel and the Muslims. Also don't forget that Muslims still have a very bad name. And I don't think that America is ready for that change in the case of the Muslims. There is a to hard a connotation for the moment also thanks to Trump.

And so in the name of realpolitik, establishment democrats will continue to bash her name publicly because they can't lose votes!

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
And so in the name of realpolitik, establishment democrats will continue to bash her name publicly because they can't lose votes!
I am afraid so. I agree with Omar by the way. But her strategy is damaging what she wants to accomplish.
You can only change things when you are in power. That is the way it is. Then it is when you make the changes. Unless you can build your base big enough.
Do you think you can build a base large enough with his issue, and without losing many along the way?
It is a sad thing and it takes much longer this way. But I think it is the only way. Unless God forbid something happens to Omar then it is a whole different ballgame.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am afraid so. I agree with Omar by the way. But her strategy is damaging what she wants to accomplish.
You can only change things when you are in power. That is the way it is. Then it is when you make the changes. Unless you can build your base big enough.
Do you think you can build a base large enough with his issue, and without losing many along the way?
It is a sad thing and it takes much longer this way. But I think it is the only way. Unless God forbid something happens to Omar then it is a whole different ballgame.

Ok, so what's Schumer's excuse for bashing Omar while simultaneously saying Geoge W. Bush needs to be forgiven?

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Ok so you're not a moderate, answer the question please.

Why don't Dems have a duty to appease disillusioned black voters but they do have to worry about offending Jewish voters?
Simple. Money and the ties with Israel and religion. They take the black voters for granted because those voters don't have another choice then vote for the Democrats (so they think), Jews do. Trump is trying to change that by pointing to the jobs he created for black Americans.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
She will have to be hurt or worse for anyone to care what she has to go through every day in office, and really, all of her life.

She stands up strong, but everyone has their limits.

She doesn't deserve this. No one deserves this.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the numbers. But I thought that most Jews support Israel. Isn't that so?
Seems I was wrong.

But let's say that yes most Jews support Israel. I doubt this would be that big of a deal as you are making it out to be. When you factor in the other minorities like Latin Americans, Native Americans, Muslims and Black Americans, losing the Jewish vote (even though there is a chunk that doesn't support Israel) shouldn't make them lose. What they lost will be regained through other minorities.
Edit: just to be clear, I am talking about Democrats not trying to be better for minorities.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019

Yeah I had seen that. But that confirms everything that I have said before. They are trying to keep everyone on board. The Jews, POC. They are to scared to defend her because she touches very touchy subjects. Which I have explained before. And because she is a Muslim. They know that the most Americans are still scared of Muslims. So in a way it is always about opportunistic behaviour. That is politics.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had seen that. But that confirms everything that I have said before. They are trying to keep everyone on board. The Jews, POC. They are to scared to defend her because she touches very touchy subjects. Which I have explained before. And because she is a Muslim. They know that the most Americans are still scared of Muslims. So in a way it is always about opportunistic behaviour. That is politics.

So yeah, your response is to sneer at us while protecting the white people's fragile feelings because you know we must vote for you for the right to breathe therefore we're expendable.