• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Trump was furious with Sessions for recusing himself for months. There's no way he's not upset about this.

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland
Could we please, please not have endless Trump threads. He's a terrible person but the last place became almost unbearable because it was cluttered with threads about every move he made. Maybe there should be an official Trump thread where all the terrible things he does can be discussed?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Could we please, please not have endless Trump threads. He's a terrible person but the last place became almost unbearable because it was cluttered with threads about every move he made. Maybe there should be an official Trump thread where all the terrible things he does can be discussed?
There's a grand total of 2 Trump threads, including this one, on the first three pages (as far as I went back); 3 if you include the Mueller thread. Considering he is the President of the country most users on this site are from, I don't think that's unreasonable.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Why is it unbearable? Just ignore the threads. There are even ways to filter out threads with browser extensions if it bothers you that much.

BL00DIEDHELL

Oct 27, 2017
England
I wonder how possible it would be to have a politics area, separate from the off topic section. Sometimes when it gets a bit much just thread titles about the shitty things Trump's done piss me off. Admittedly that's a me problem, but to separate the rest of off topic from the political shit seems like a good compromise IMO.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how possible it would be to have a politics area, separate from the off topic section. Sometimes when it gets a bit much just thread titles about the shitty things Trump's done piss me off. Admittedly that's a me problem, but to separate the rest of off topic from the political shit seems like a good compromise IMO.
There's a hangout, but I think there's too much going on for just one thread. I'd be totally fine with a separate forum though.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If only so many Americans wouldn't have elected him President of the United States of America, we wouldn't have to talk about Trump at all. If only...

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Nah. That was discussed in the discord. It creates unnecessary fragmentation, and many news items are hard to separate from politics.

BL00DIEDHELL

Oct 27, 2017
England
There's a hangout, but I think there's too much going on for just one thread. I'd be totally fine with a separate forum though.

Ah yeah, I should check it out. I like to keep up to date with what's going on, but God damn sometimes it gets overwhelming.

Nah. That was discussed in the discord. It creates unnecessary fragmentation, and many news items are hard to separate from politics.

Ahhh I see, I'm not part of the server so I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up!

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland
Well, for a start there's already a thread about Mueller. Secondly, I said the last place, not this place became almost unbearable with the endless Trump threads. The majority of them were basically nothing more than people saying how much they hate Trump. That's fair enough, but having numerous threads with nothing but people telling each other how much they hate Trump is pointless. So I'd suggest 1 trump thread which covers all his silly shit seems like a fair solution.

Oct 25, 2017
If only so many Americans wouldn't have elected him President of the United States of America, we wouldn't have to talk about Trump at all. If only...

Fox News feels the same. I bet a part inside them wanted Clinton to win so they would have something to complain about for 4-8 years.
Same with the GOP Congress. They could have just spent 4-8 years doing the same shit they were doing to Obama, only way worse because "Clinton is Devil"
But when they got Trump, they realized "oh shit, we don't know what we're doing". I mean, a lot of these Tea Party fuckers were elected solely on stopping Obama with no idea how to actually govern.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Well, for a start there's already a thread about Mueller. Secondly, I said the last place, not this place became almost unbearable with the endless Trump threads. The majority of them were basically nothing more than people saying how much they hate Trump. That's fair enough, but having numerous threads with nothing but people telling each other how much they hate Trump is pointless. So I'd suggest 1 trump thread which covers all his silly shit seems like a fair solution.

The problem with putting everything into a single thread is that only people who follow in the thread get informed of new news and anyone else will just miss it.

Oct 25, 2017
Outside Perth Scotland
Nobody is going to miss any news about Trump's shenanigans. Everything he does is headline news. I don't want to go on about the last place but it became a mess of almost completely redundant Trump threads. It would be a shame if this place went down the same route.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Literally everything about this investigation has pissed Trump off and made him go off, and the lawyers seriously expect us to believe that he's "unphased" about this.

Also, I wonder what the odds are of pardons.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
no

keep the Trump threads

stay out of them if you don't like them

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not everything said by or about Trump merits a thread, but a Trump megathread is not a great idea either - there's a lot of threadworthy news about him.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to thread complain too, but I do think that there can be some consolidating with Trump threads in general where we aren't making threads about every rumor about him or fart the guy makes. But unfortunately he is the most important person in the world right now in terms of news and politics and we do have to accept that there is going to be a lot of news about him.

#bothsides
#middleground

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to thread complain too, but I do think that there can be some consolidating with Trump threads in general where we aren't making threads about every rumor about him or fart the guy makes. But unfortunately he is the most important person in the world right now in terms of news and politics and we do have to accept that there is going to be a lot of news about him.

#bothsides
#middleground
Eh. I'm sure there'll be some locking of redundant threads. I'm sure that if people are still posting in the charges thread after a thread with arrest comes out, for example, the charges thread will probably be locked.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Please keep discussion focused on the topic at hand. If you feel a thread is redundant, feel free to use the report function to contact moderation.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so tonight I learned Trump's lawyer is actually named TY COBB.

Its so appropriate its not even funny.

Mj1108

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly there are people that will hear this from his lawyer and believe it hook, line and sinker.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly what someone in his situation would want to convey. Confidence and a lack of mental distress. If he was truly unworried, he wouldn't be saying a thing or commenting on how he feels. Unworried pople don't talk in a situation like this. They stay calm and unworried.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
This is exactly what someone in his situation would want to convey. Confidence and a lack of mental distress. If he was truly unworried, he wouldn't be saying a thing or commenting on how he feels. Unworried pople don't talk in a situation like this. They stay calm and unworried.

Exactly, if he was so unconcerned, he'd have done everything to avoid obstructing the investigation & throw personal attacks on those leading the investigation. He's thus far done everything in his power to appear guilty in an investigation that was designed to not be about him but whether or not Russia meddled with the election.

Last edited:

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump tries to get rid of Mueller it will turn a 70% chance of getting ousted to 100%. He's dumb, but his babysitters aren't dumb enough to let him do that. Maybe they'll shake some keys or give him a Snes Classic.

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
Until the 5 AM Monday tweetstorm, er, storms in. Calm and collected right up the asshole and straight into his lawyer's face. XD Which, let's be frank, he deserves it.

Ryan_09

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Between this news, Mario, and Stranger Things 2... it's been a wonderful weekend. C'mooon Monday!

Hopefully this news placates the "nothing will happen"-folks a bit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Trump may actually believe this. He seems to have received loyalty from those under him over the years, as he has mostly come away from lawsuits without suffering terrible losses and escaped being charged on clear cases of fraud over his decades in New York (though they finally got him with the audacious Trump University). There's also the chance his lawyers advised him that he can just pardon whoever is charged.

Something tells me that once Mueller gets his men they're going to be singing.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump tries to get rid of Mueller it will turn a 70% chance of getting ousted to 100%. He's dumb, but his babysitters aren't dumb enough to let him do that. Maybe they'll shake some keys or give him a Snes Classic.
A substantial number of Republicans will vocally support Trump and attack any Republican political figure that criticizes him. And Trump continuing to be President under "normal" circumstances is necessary for Republican lawmakers to advance their agenda. Faced with impeaching Trump and upsetting the crazies, or with supporting him and maybe pleasing the crazies by maybe enacting some of their agenda, they will support him. It's the only choice where they probably don't have to deal with a primary revolt, split votes, or poor turnout.