• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt even the supreme court would go for it if for no other reason than it would set precedent for a Dem president to do the same for other issues.

Well, unless the Supreme Court agrees that laws that apply to Republican Presidents are automatically illegal when Democrat Presidents take power. There's at least on Frat Partying, Beer Liking Judge that will probably agree to that.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
In this hypothetical case, I'd watch it every morning just to put myself in a good mood.

LOL. Damn.

Seeing that Bud Dwyer broadcast at 14ish definitely confirmed that nothing really phases me. I felt baddish watching the blood pump through the hole in his head and through his nostrils, and it stayed with me for a few minutes, and then nothing. Unlike julian, I have been desensitized to violence and it really saddens me.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
This shit is wild. America is going to pay a dire price this time for electing this moron. A lot of families are suffering no pay behind this shit and things are just going to continue to deteriorate.
Forget that, the people who inspect things like seafood and dairy are currently not at work haha. Airports have no TSA. Will a wave of poisonings be what re-opens the government? Will it be a fucking explosion? Let's find out together I guess.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When has the government been shut down for years or even months? You get a federal job young, sit on it for 20 years, draw a full pension, then go into a private sector job if you really want to bank. You don't risk losing that over a loose cannon that won't be around that long.
trump said he may shut down government for years

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused on why they keep him around when he's clearly not on the same page as most of their cast broadcast journalists.
So that whenever people say "Fox News is fucking propaganda with nothing but weird cultists hosting shows" republicans can say "No, no. There are plenty of great journalists working over there. Shep Smith, for example." and then change the subject without naming more.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, basically just articles about how Trump is winning after last night and/or Dems are pathological liars

I'd say the majority is:

"The 'media' treated Trump very unfairly. Most of them even decided he was going to lie before his speech!!!"
"So did he lie?"
"Next up on fox, how illegal aliens are taking over our schools"

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't skim through 15 pages, so I'm not sure if this was posted or not but:

Employees of the U.S. Coast Guard who are facing a long U.S. government shutdown just received a suggestion: To get by without pay, consider holding a garage sale, babysitting, dog-walking or serving as a "mystery shopper."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...overnment-shutdown/ar-BBS26NU?ocid=spartanntp
So this is where we are now. These are the things employers are suggesting to get through the shutdown. Amazing.

I'm sure those things are going to pay your rent/mortgage/car payment/credit card payment/utilities/medical bills/child care/groceries etc

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Didn't skim through 15 pages, so I'm not sure if this was posted or not but:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...overnment-shutdown/ar-BBS26NU?ocid=spartanntp
So this is where we are now. These are the things employers are suggesting to get through the shutdown. Amazing.

I'm sure those things are going to pay your rent/mortgage/car payment/credit card payment/utilities/medical bills/child care/groceries etc
There was a thread about this today.

And yeah it's pretty obtuse to think these people can live off having yard sales (in winter no less) and jobs normally given to teenagers. That'll really rake in the dough; not sure why everyone isn't selling every possession they own just to pay the rent.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I don't know nothin about nothin, but isn't this just Trump using his powers to stop th demos doing anything for as long as possible, including investigations?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I don't think he's that smart.

He might have got an idea from a lackey, like Stephen Miller. Or misheard/misunderstood what they said and went in his own direction with his stupid idea. Of course, assuming he got this in his head it's not going to work because he's improvising like crazy and doesn't know how anything works.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I don't know nothin about nothin, but isn't this just Trump using his powers to stop th demos doing anything for as long as possible, including investigations?
If someone told him that would work, they're more of an idiot than Trump.

Of course Trump would jump on such an idiotic suggestion. Won't work obviously but hey!

Kodiak33

Oct 30, 2017
Forget that, the people who inspect things like seafood and dairy are currently not at work haha. Airports have no TSA. Will a wave of poisonings be what re-opens the government? Will it be a fucking explosion? Let's find out together I guess.

TSA is still working...for free. They will get back pay, but it doesn't help if you're living paycheck to paycheck.

Deleted member 35217

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
My hope is that he goes on his photo op today. Let's the shutdown continue through the weekend to own the longest shutdown. Then reopens the government early next week and tries to use a knowingly doomed executive action to save face with his base.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I "slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum." Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how many who maybe tepidly voted for Trump that work in the federal government, affected by this shit, actually see this as Trump's fault and vote the other way come 2020. He's gotta be making some damn fine enemies in this fight.

Jun 7, 2018
Does trump realize that the border isn't flat land? What would he do about the canyons and mountains? People could literally hang glide over the wall.

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I "slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum." Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

This tweet is a tantrum in of itself.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been a good boy! Honest, daddy!

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

so this confirms he slammed the table

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Every day feels like slamming your head into the wall with this moron.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lmao! This dude acting like a kid who got rowdy with his mother but got shook when his father walked in from work.

Papa, I didn't slam the door. I just put my bag down and it pushed the door close hard. I wasn't yelling at mom, I know she has a ear affection and I just forgot that was 3 months ago.