• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 11, 2017
Software

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I "slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum." Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

This fool is the president of the united states ffs. What a weird timeline.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
LOL. Damn.

Seeing that Bud Dwyer broadcast at 14ish definitely confirmed that nothing really phases me. I felt baddish watching the blood pump through the hole in his head and through his nostrils, and it stayed with me for a few minutes, and then nothing. Unlike julian, I have been desensitized to violence and it really saddens me.

That saddens me too. :(

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No trade deal with China. Govt about to reach longest ever shutdown with no end in sight. First negative year for stock markets in a decade. So much winning.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No, no.

It's useful to performatively discuss complex subjects.

This isn't one, so there is no value to performatively discussing it.

It's clearly more complex than you are implying. It may not be that complex to you or me, but people who aren't familiar with the legislative process in America may be confused as to why certain things aren't getting done. I think it's invaluable to have a place where someone can ask questions like "Why shouldn't the Dems budge on this issue" without being attacked as disingenuous or "transparent" (lol). If you and others aren't trusting of those posters who have questions, then you can choose to ignore them rather than cast a pall over discussion with antagonistic posts like "everyone who takes a both sides position should be banned".

As for the performative aspect of a discussion on this specific issue, just look to the numerous interviews NPR has done with administration officials that are really just thinly veiled lectures as to how badly Trump has fucked this up.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018

walter-11-t-052-5inch-x-3-64inch-x-7-8inch-cut-off-wheel.jpg

Put this in an angle grinder and you'll chew through steel like it's nothing. Boilermakers at the refinery use this to cut inserts in 1.25" steel plate. Box of 25 for a 7" grinder will set you back 135$ CAD on amazon.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I "slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum." Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

I'm confused... is he confirming he did that because even if he didn't he believed the Chuck would have said he did anyhow?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused... is he confirming he did that because even if he didn't he believed the Chuck would have said he did anyhow?

He's trying to play it off like he predicted Schumer would "lie" and avoided what he wanted to do just to make Schumer look bad. He's trying to make himself come off like a badass who played Schumer despite the fact that "bye-bye" still makes him look like a five-year-old regardless of whether or not he punched the table.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Well Schumer has used the term "temper tantrum" a few times already, so I think that's what Trump is referring to. However, it's not Chuck's fault that it's an accurate description, and that Trump keeps having them.

Also there's something about Donald Trump complaining about someone trotting out favorite soundbites (and complaining about someone lying) that just doesn't seem right.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Mark Knoller @markknoller

"I didn't pound the table. I didn't pound the table. That is a lie," says Pres Trump of @SenSchumer's description of his behavior in walking out of talks yesterday with Congressional leaders. "I don't have temper tantrums," he says. "All of that narrative is a lie."

Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie

Trump: "When I said Mexico would pay for the wall in front of thousands and thousands of people .... obviously I never meant Mexico would write a check."

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

He's touting the fact that he just got up and left without slamming anything.

He thinks this makes him look good?

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
No I agree. Pass the Senate bill, start the government, end of story. I'm talking about the bill that will fund fiscal year 2019.

I totally agree that the wal is a dumb, expensive, racist, useless symbol. And having one name our country look idiotic and dumb.

That said, choosing between not funding a symbol and getting help to people that need it, I'll go with the latter every time.

We already have a wall on the border in some parts anyways, this would just expand funds to that wall/fence, which would be nowhere near enough to do shit given how inept the government is currently.

in a normal world id agree but the GOP are the racist version of "if you give a mouse a cookie..."

funding the government shouldnt be a bargining chip for trump to get something unrelated EVERY FUCKING TIME

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017

Mark Knoller @markknoller

"I didn't pound the table. I didn't pound the table. That is a lie," says Pres Trump of @SenSchumer's description of his behavior in walking out of talks yesterday with Congressional leaders. "I don't have temper tantrums," he says. "All of that narrative is a lie."

Christina Wilkie @christinawilkie

Trump: "When I said Mexico would pay for the wall in front of thousands and thousands of people .... obviously I never meant Mexico would write a check."

"I don't have temper tantrums! I don't I don't I don't I don't I DON'T!"

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
What I love about the after-meeting press stints was

Dems come out and describe a VERY believable meeting, saying Trump acted exactly the same way Trump always acts in front of press and cameras.

GOP comes out, and says they have no idea what meeting the Dems were in.. that Trump acted incredibly uncharacteristically (well mannered) and after not getting what he wanted was calm and gracious and excused himself (after handing out candy)

Then hours later Trump goes to Twitter and personally tweets almost verbatim what the Dems said he said IN THE SAME MANNER they said he did..

hahahahahahahahahaha

it has to be possibly the most frustrating job in the world being a trump handler

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jeremy Diamond @JDiamond1

I asked Trump, who said he is prepared to declare a national emergency, when this emergency/crisis began.
"Oh, it began a long time -- ask President Obama," Trump said.
I then pointed out that he has been President for 2 years.
His response: "Look, look, you can all play cute."

Ben Jacobs @Bencjacobs

Trump just now at the White House: "I am a professional at technology"

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

That's what I find hilarious. He's been acting like they'r building this out of adamantium and it'll be totally invulnerable. I've got a saw at home I bought from Home Depot that would do the job.

They are gonna need $5.7B to build it and $10B to maintain it
Next presidents enjoy paying for these idiotic steel slats for the rest of eternity

More like 50 billion and that's probably low balling it under a competent government.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Trump says he finds China "far more honourable than Crying Chuck and Nancy."

Trump says he'd rather make a deal, but probably will end up declaring a national emergency: "Probably I will do it. I would almost say definitely." He adds: "If we don't make a deal, I would say it would be very surprising to me that I would not declare a national emergency."

Kristen Welker @kwelkernbc

When I asked @POTUS if the buck stops with him he tells me: "The buck stops with everyone."

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Trump clearly doesn't want to go to Texas. He's just stalling, rambling and raving beside the helicopter.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how much money they spent on this "research " to prove that:
1: You can cut through steel.
2: You can bust through concrete.

The thought of grown people spending money on common sense shit and probably being surprised at the results is hilarious.