• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Dwjw3QcWwAEKN1y.jpg

How much wall funding was in the bill you unanimously passed Mitch?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Cryin Chuck told his favorite lie when he used his standard sound bite that I "slammed the table & walked out of the room. He had a temper tantrum." Because I knew he would say that, and after Nancy said no to proper Border Security, I politely said bye-bye and left, no slamming!

So, Chuck's favorite lie and standard sound bite is "slammed the table & walked out of the room, He had a temper tantrum".

Weird. I guess Dumbass Donald does this pretty frequently.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
lol, literally just the same image.
If his argument is "you guys would approve if Obama did it" then he has nothing.

What kind of point was he trying to make? LOL

I mean, if Obama did it he wouldn't have shut down the Government or made it his entire legacy as President. The man went to battle to try and bring better health care.....such a horrible thing to do.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Maybe today he'll be next to the wall when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and he won't see them - he'll be hit on the head with 60 pounds of the stuff.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Mitch forgets his Senate voted in favor of a budget just a few weeks ago that didn't have border funding in it.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when there are no follow up questions. First, Mexico's paying for the wall.. now he never said they would. Now they aren't paying directly, the wall is being funded by the USMCA deal. The one he apparently knew about 2 years ago before it was even pitched. The one that still hasn't passed Congress. So at this point, it's nonexistent.

So, if he declares a national emergency and takes funds from the defense department, then taxpayers are definitely paying for the wall. Not Mexico directly. Not Mexico indirectly.. Taxpayers.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
What I love about the after-meeting press stints was

Dems come out and describe a VERY believable meeting, saying Trump acted exactly the same way Trump always acts in front of press and cameras.

GOP comes out, and says they have no idea what meeting the Dems were in.. that Trump acted incredibly uncharacteristically (well mannered) and after not getting what he wanted was calm and gracious and excused himself (after handing out candy)

Then hours later Trump goes to Twitter and personally tweets almost verbatim what the Dems said he said IN THE SAME MANNER they said he did..

hahahahahahahahahaha

it has to be possibly the most frustrating job in the world being a trump handler

Lmao. I still see some conservative people on Facebook blaming Democrats though. Like fuck off.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, surely this tactic will get democrats to vote for the wall

That's not the point. The point is to try their best to paint the Dems as to party that's holding shit up. To rile up their base more and to make it more viable to spin the blame against them. That's really their only way they can pressure them at this point.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not the point. The point is to try their best to paint the Dems as to party that's holding shit up. To rile up their base more and to make it more viable to spin the blame against them. That's really their only way they can pressure them at this point.

I know. They tried it tuesday as well.

It's not working.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please stop saying wall. Its so annoying how trump has won that narrative. Its a fence. Same type of one we already have but just extending/upgrading it some. Wont even be enough funding to cover the whole border at 5 billion.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
So this same idiot who claimed to have negotiated peace with North Korea cant even negotiate a budget with his own government. He's about to declare a national emergency because he isn't getting his way. And he wants us to believe he is a master negotiator? Lmao.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They are gonna need $5.7B to build it and $10B to maintain it
Next presidents enjoy paying for these idiotic steel slats for the rest of eternity
Try multiplying that by ten. Or twenty.
5.7 wouldn't even build the access roads to get to the place where you would build a wall.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017

Jim Sciutto
Here you go: WH counsel's office is prepping legal justification for national emergency, including advising WH to ramp up talk of a humanitarian & security "crisis". WH lawyers say the more the term is used, the more citations they will have in filing legal defense -CNN reporting
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1083408081332117504

How... how does that even work? Can you say something untrue over and over and then cite yourself? It just sounds like a loopy legal version of Trump's own "everyone says", when the only person who says anything is him.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

Jim Sciutto
Here you go: WH counsel's office is prepping legal justification for national emergency, including advising WH to ramp up talk of a humanitarian & security "crisis". WH lawyers say the more the term is used, the more citations they will have in filing legal defense -CNN reporting
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1083408081332117504

I really don't know what it says about America that a major political party that is supposed to represent fiscal responsibility and rule of law now relies on the strategy, "If you tell a lie enough, it becomes true." And a big chunk of the voting population falls for it.