• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I really don't know what it says about America that a major political party that is supposed to represent fiscal responsibility and rule of law now relies on the strategy, "If you tell a lie enough, it becomes true." And a big chunk of the voting population falls for it.
What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening.

Reminder: that was Trump, not Orwell.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017

Clown is probably declaring an emergency in Texas.
I know this has been pointed out before but it still amazes me his own messaging is incongruent with what he's trying to do. He's trying to justify his campaign promise that 'Mexico will pay for it' by saying they are paying for it (through the trade deal). But he's saying all this during a time when he's demanding we fork over $5 billion to pay for it.

If Mexico is paying for it (through the deal) then show the receipts and when that money is accounted for, use that for the wall and stop holding the country hostage.

Also just lmao that the wall/fence can be cut through because of course. The upkeep costs on this thing if it's ever built are going to be astronomical.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
He's opening Pandora's box if he really declares national emergency.

At this point it feels like his only real out that doesn't make him look like a total loser to his base. Much the same it also means he doesn't have to actually do anything. Just declaring there is a emergency at the border before raving for the next few years to stir up his base.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point it feels like his only real out that doesn't make him look like a total loser to his base. Much the same it also means he doesn't have to actually do anything. Just declaring their is a emergency at the border before raving for the next few years to stir up his base.
and it's not like he cares what happens in 4 years if a democratic prez abuses it-- he'll be in jail by then.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
and it's not like he cares what happens in 4 years if a democratic prez abuses it-- he'll be in jail by then.

Something similar basically happened with the opiate crisis except he barely talks about it at all anymore except when he tries to link it to evil immigrants or to shit on other minority groups. The "win" and the PR associated with it was all he wanted, not the work to actually fix the problem.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

"We want our pay! We want our pay!"

Federal workers gather at a union-organized anti-shutdown rally in Washington, DC.

(via @kailanikm)

ABC News abc

"We want our pay—now!" union members chant at rally outside AFL-CIO headquarters calling for an end to the protracted government shutdown. https://abcn.ws/2D1RPhC

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I love the way that all the things happening at the border are such a terrible nightmare that they need to declare a state of emergency, but The Huckabeast hasn't even bothered to do press briefings for the last several months.

You'd figure if there was a constant, pervasive problem that required a state of emergency, they'd be providing consistent updates about it.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just dumbfounded.

They had the full govt for 2 years and now when the house changes over it's a "humanitarian issue" and is the Democrats fault.

Part of me jumped to the idea that this is his way of 'breaking them in' - asserting his dominance - and I don't think that idea's entirely off the table but I also think that this is Trump, and he could be diverting attention away from elsewhere because of some soon-to-be revealed development into investigation of his organization's less than pristine activity. Stamping in your heels is a pretty major mood though but then again (again) this is Trump, so I don't think he understands the word 'no' if it's not parsed through a court order.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

Federal workers gather at a union-organized anti-shutdown rally in Washington, DC.

(via @kailanikm)

ABC News abc

"We want our pay—now!" union members chant at rally outside AFL-CIO headquarters calling for an end to the protracted government shutdown. https://abcn.ws/2D1RPhC

Just the beginning. If this extends into tax season, everyone is going to go ballistic.

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

He's probably talking about how good he felt when they shot MLK.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
LOL. Running out of the room to go and sulk after mommy tells you "No" is definitely throwing a temper tantrum.

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
Great quote. I hope these border people know that they are signing their own pink slips. If the wall goes up, think they still need everyone? Fired.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
correct. national emergency at this point is solely optics. his ego will not allow this shutdown to end without progress being made on the wall, even if it's all smoke and mirrors.

in fact a national emergency is almost win win for him. He gets to say he saved the shutdown from the obstructionist Democrats, AND that he's fighting the evil democrat agenda of open borders, AND that activist judges are ruining the country. I mean it's only his hardcore supporters that will eat this all up.. but those are pretty much the only ones Trump caters to at this point.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's good that Dems don't retreat.
I just hope that the public perception doesn't shift from the fact that this is entirely Trump's and the Rep's fault to "it's the Dem's fault, because they don't agree to the payment".

I don't think anything will change in this regard. The Democrat supporters already know it's Trump's fault. Anyone on the fence but who has critical thinking skills also knows it's Trump's fault. So really, it's just the 30% for which there is no hope who just scream louder that it's not Trump's fault, and totally the Evil Democrats that somehow control the Presidency.... Somehow.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I hate to post off topic in this thread where we're showing who knows the pronunciation of medieval and the superiority one obtains by knowing that information

but I think this Trump guy is no good.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

OMG, the GOP need to get on board with impeaching this fucker who isn't doing the basic duties of POTUS, ffs. This is absurd. WTH does Davos have to do with the Mexican wall? Govt is about to be on the longest shutdown ever, still no China trade deal ("trade wars are easy"), stock markets first down year in a decade, this clown is hopeless and the GOP are enabling it. Ryan already ran away with his tail between his legs, Mitch is hiding in his shell, Flake flaked out. That party cannot govern.

P.S. "I shut down the Govt to get my demand. They are the intransigent ones..." GTFO.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

(via @kailanikm)

ABC News abc

Good. I hope their grievances reach far and wide.