• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Peter Baker
Trump cancels trip to Davos citing government shutdown, which would suggest that he expects it to still be going on at least another 10 days.
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1083427720988712960

Justin Sink
presidential travel is really tricky during shutdowns - the white house is without key people to do advance logistical work
https://twitter.com/justinsink/status/1083427830355116032

Edit:

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1083434357421948928

kylecoley182

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very calm, I didn't smash the table. I didn't, but I should have. - Trump

I like how he says he's very calm, but then said he should have smashed the table LOL. He can't help but contradict things seconds later, he's that stupid.

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If Democratic President or VP announced that they have absolute right to declare a national emergency GOP would be at the walls of White House to set it on fire on basis of President doing over reach and striving for authoritarian abuse of power.

Jake Sherman
NEW … Hill press corps just sat down w @VP … "The president believe he has an absolute right to declare a national emergency under his authority as president of the United States." He said Trump has not made a decision, but will get this done "one way or another"
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1083436337158602764

Julie Davis
"No wall, no deal," Pence says in briefing at the Capitol. Repeatedly thanks congressional Rs for "standing strong" & says Democrats are stonewalling in negotiations.
https://twitter.com/juliehdavis/status/1083437088601710593

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if the governing party was this strong on climate change or medicare lol... the GOP wants to shut down the government for something so stupid .

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If this dumbass can just declare a national emergency from his ass over something as pointless as the wall with no blowback, does this mean the next democratic president can do it for shit thats actually desperately needed?

Last edited:

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how any minority can speak positively about Trump. Especially at this farce of a roundtable meeting. Seeing these people give their accounts in some thin veiled attempt to make trump look good is sickening.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so insane to me that this is what his hard stance is on. He really just wants this to be his legacy. If they were this hellbent on fixing healthcare, the water in flint, or even the trade deals he could actually do something positive.

This is just pure buffoonery.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's so insane to me that this is what his hard stance is on. He really just wants this to be his legacy. If they were this hellbent on fixing healthcare, the water in flint, or even the trade deals he could actually do something positive.

This is just pure buffoonery.

Kinda shines a light on even the democrats. Why hasn't ANYONE been that strong on Flint, climate change, healthcare and such.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Mark Knoller @markknoller

Pres shown contraband being smuggled into the US, including weapons and drugs, interdicted by US Border Patrol.

"If we don't have a barrier, a wall, we will never solve the problem of illegal entries and smuggling crossing into US, says Pres Trump. "The Democrats' position of no barrier/no wall is indefensible," he says.

Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews

NOW: Watching video of POTUS at the border w/ customs officials, but they are pointing to some drugs and weapons found at *ports of entry*.

So a wall or barrier would not affect the smuggling of those things.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what, guys? Trump is doing this whole government shutdown thing so he can campaign for 2020. He hates his job, this is one of the ways he can stop doing it. He loves campaigning but he hates his job so he's shut down the government to go out and campaign. He doesn't give a shit about his wall.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Pres shown contraband being smuggled into the US, including weapons and drugs, interdicted by US Border Patrol.

"If we don't have a barrier, a wall, we will never solve the problem of illegal entries and smuggling crossing into US, says Pres Trump. "The Democrats' position of no barrier/no wall is indefensible," he says.

Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews

NOW: Watching video of POTUS at the border w/ customs officials, but they are pointing to some drugs and weapons found at *ports of entry*.

So a wall or barrier would not affect the smuggling of those things.

How did they catch those super fast powerful cars that are so much better than cop and ICE cars?

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how any minority can speak positively about Trump. Especially at this farce of a roundtable meeting. Seeing these people give their accounts in some thin veiled attempt to make trump look good is sickening.

I have a Mexican-American cousin that's full on trump fanboy that's posting shit about Obama shutting down the government for 17 days to get Obamacare funded.

Our grandma was what he would consider an "illegal"

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
The hell is that shit inside of them? Sawdust?
Since nobody wanted to give you a real answer, it looks to be wood. The slats aren't solid steel, they're wood with steel wrapped around them. If I'm wrong someone can correct me but that's what it looks like and nobody else was offering. I imagine that would make it even easier to get through than if they were solid, jfc what a joke

Good, so it takes what, 3 generations for people to forget they're immigrants?
Wasn't there some dickhead talking about the wall a few weeks ago who's own mother was a Mexican immigrant?

Oct 28, 2017
Since nobody wanted to give you a real answer, it looks to be wood. The slats aren't solid steel, they're wood with steel wrapped around them. If I'm wrong someone can correct me but that's what it looks like and nobody else was offering. I imagine that would make it even easier to get through than if they were solid, jfc what a joke

Wasn't there some dickhead talking about the wall a few weeks ago who's own mother was a Mexican immigrant?

Wouldn't surprise me, Mexicans(-Americans) can be very interesting at times, to put it very nicely.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
How many GOP voters didn't think Trump was serious about the wall again?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So if steel slats can just be cut down... what's the scrap metal value of that steel, would someone just cut it down and sell it for scrap?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I contacted my local GOP office and asked for a reimbustment due the shutdown hurting the local economy. They told me that I would need to call the White House. I of course then asked if that meant that it was Trump who was responsible for the shutdown. The response was "No. That's not what I meant. You should call they uh uh uh". They hung up the phone before answering.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So if steel slats can just be cut down... what's the scrap metal value of that steel, would someone just cut it down and sell it for scrap?
Now I'm imagining this incredible scam of cutting down parts of the wall to sell the pieces as scrap back to the United States to repair the wall.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can you say that maybe you might think about declaring an emergency? Don't emergencies have urgency to them?

Seems like an easy legal challenge