• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't I ever think of ways of scamming right wing idiots? I could probably retire in my 30s with one good scam like this.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Brianna Sacks @bri_sacks

The $20million Build the Wall campaign is getting refunded. @gofundme is refunding everyone (~330,000 people) who donated because, according to a spokesperson, Brian Kolfage broke the original promise of the campaign to give the money back if they didn't reach their goal pic.twitter.com/3HDAzTqrgf

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh dude, who wants to go in with me on creating a Trump version of SNL? Conservatives would pay for that shit.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

Brianna Sacks @bri_sacks

The $20million Build the Wall campaign is getting refunded. @gofundme is refunding everyone (~330,000 people) who donated because, according to a spokesperson, Brian Kolfage broke the original promise of the campaign to give the money back if they didn't reach their goal pic.twitter.com/3HDAzTqrgf

Finally some good news

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
3. Our highly experienced team is highly confident that we can complete significant segments of the wall in less time, and for far less money, than the federal government, while meeting or exceeding all required regulatory, engineering, and environmental specifications.
giphy.gif

So many folks gettin' scammed by this guy. On a Go Fund Me that's two percent funded.

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
Wow, who would have predicted that the donations to this GFM campaign would have slowed down so much. Wasn't it 10 mil after a couple of days? It's only at 20 million after 25 days. Weird.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC

Brianna Sacks @bri_sacks

Hahahaha, holy fuck, that's amazing. Though I wouldn't feel the least bit sad if this dude ran away with thousands of racist assholes' money.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, who would have predicted that the donations to this GFM campaign would have slowed down so much. Wasn't it 10 mil after a couple of days? It's only at 20 million after 25 days. Weird.
That's pretty much every crowdfunding campaign. There's typically a big initial rush as news of it spreads around, a significant dropoff over time, then another bump just before the end.

Though it looks like GFM is refunding everybody, which will make the whole thing moot.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Oh wow, it got to $20 million? Impressive. Stupid, but impressive.

Also, they're not authorized to build ANYTHING, let alone a wall, on land owned by the federal government so.....lolwut?

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
lol dude started a straight up shell company to embezzle the funds into hahahahahaha not even attempting to be slick!!! hahahahaha tax free haven also hahahahahaha oh shit....

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This surprises me none, and most people that would have donated will likely support this move because they are fucking morons. Just last week on facebook I saw someone share the video about the couple who raised money for that homeless guy and pocketed it. The whole thread was full of supporters and the one person who posted the real fraud story was laughed out of there.

Its a shitty realization that there has never been a better time to be a con man.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
How much does it cost in processing fees to refund $20 million?
Whatever the going rate is multiplied by 330k backers. It's pegged to them and not the dollar amount. Whatever the final value is Gofundme isn't going to be paying for that and that's fine. These people lucked out to not get extra screwed while this shut down is in effect.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude can't legally do it.

Stupid people giving him money.

Stupid racist people giving him money.

Dude might be shit but grift away, my man. You're only hurting your fellow assholes who want a wall.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Brianna Sacks @bri_sacks

BAHAHAHA

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
"We're just getting started."

No, you're not. The donations have slowed a huge amount. And the notion that every donor is going to "proactively elect" for their money to go to this sham company is ridiculous, so they'll end up with less money.

And LOL at them thinking they're just going to go and start building. Is this team of advisers going to source the equipment and materials? Is Sara Carter going to drive a big-rig to deliver them to the border? What the FUCK are they even talking about?

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I just read an article that said that go fund me will be returning the donations. I can't find the article now, it was in my Google feed and is gone.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
usually there is no processing fee on a refund.

the bigger question is, are they doing this out of their own pocket? It sounds like he still has all of the funds. So are they going to pursue action against him.
I'm too lazy to look up GFM rules, but maybe there's a settlement period, especially for not yet funded things? So maybe they hadn't actually some or most of the money to him yet?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall (go to the most recent update from 10 minutes ago, January 10th, 2019).

There is more at the update, if you're curious, but this gets the point across. I added the bold for emphasis. Note that Erik Prince is involved. Also note, the remainder of the update identifies that people need to opt in to this change of plans, or else their donation will be refunded (thanks for pointing this out, Dracil).

So, this is the pivot y'all were expecting. Homie is gonna take money for himself and pay a bunch of friends and vultures and that money is gonna go poof, if you were to ask me.

I wish I could have thought of this scam first.

Taking all that money from those racist rubes would have felt unbelievably good.