• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/politics/white-house-new-zealand-mosque-attacks/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Friday he does not regard white nationalism as a rising global threat in the aftermath of mosque terror attacks in New Zealand that left at least 49 people dead.

"I don't really," Trump said in the Oval Office after being questioned about whether he views white nationalism as growing. "I think it's a small group of people that have very, very serious problems, I guess."

That's right. According to the current President of the United States, white nationalists are simply a "small group of people with problems" but we need to build a wall around the country to be safe from Mexican rapists.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I mean, this really isn't surprising coming from him - he's not the target of any white nationalist nor does he care about anyone who might be.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
th

Says the one enabling the white supremacists.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
The minute we saw a rise in public racist clowning of black and ethnic minority people after his election win, we knew that WN would be on the rise.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's almost certainly rising though, right? I feel like there's no way we're not seeing more of these attacks.

I think you misunderstood my post. I am saying the threat of white nationalism has already become immense and immediate. The time to say it is "rising" has past. It has risen and we are suffering for it. It is here in full force.

Apr 16, 2018
He's correct.

There is no force in this world more powerful than white supremacy, and it's not "on the rise" just because people who ignored it before can no longer do so.

White supremacy has always been the status quo.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Always takes the wrong take.

Always. Without fuckin' fail.

If you'd ask him if the sky was blue, he'd get that wrong too.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Earlier this week: "You need to be Albert Einstein to fly a plane!"

Day after white nationalist terrorist attack: "There's no problem."

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
You can always count on Trump holding the worst possible position on any matter really, so none of this is really news anymore. I bet most people here can guess what he is going to say on any given matter before he actually comes out says it.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Like others have said, he's not wrong because when the POTUS is a white nationalist, it really has no other place to rise to.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
The trump supporters who appear only in threads where he discusses relatively trivial issues (like keeping daylight savings time) are going to be missing here.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
It's difficult for people who benefit from white nationalism to see it as a threat and not just the natural order reasserting itself.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know Trump is a shit and all, but the problem doesn't begin or stop with him. It's Republicans who also turn a blind eye to it or cover it up. Republican supporters who don't care if it's not a brown dude murdering white kids. It's Democrats who don't want to "divide the country" any further and want to "reach across the aisle". Democratic supporters who don't want to "rock the boat", who don't want to "play idpol".

In sum, it's white supremacy, and white supremacy is everywhere.