• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Is the military spending just because it's such an economic machine for the US that they keep funding it, basically if they cut spending, thousands of people would lose their jobs?
It's generic jingoism. He always defaults to "the troops!" as his go-to cheap pop.

Rolanderson

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to point out that the president of the United States is holding children hostage for 25 billion dollars in order to build a stupid wall.
Litterally turning into a super villain.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"and call for additional military spending to promote "peace through strength."

giphy.gif

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
But if you are Republican and say you support the troops it is just accepted.

Because our country is full of fucking idiots who can't think for themselves.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Infrastructure spending if good, at least.

Everything else, ugh. I love the irony that all this deficit spending if great but as soon as election time hits the GOP will attack Dems on the debt because they are the "fiscal conservatives."

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Infrastructure spending if good, at least.

Everything else, ugh. I love the irony that all this deficit spending if great but as soon as election time hits the GOP will attack Dems on the debt because they are the "fiscal conservatives."
What worries me about the infrastructure spending is how much he wants to privatize it. I don't see that going well.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
What's wrong with riding on Wells Fargo Highway? ;)

What are you, a tourist? No one takes Wells Fargo Highway, you take the All New Quesarito From Taco Bell Expressway, take Exit Merrill Lynch toward Downtown Featuring New And Improved Diet Coke Now Available At 7-11 And These Fine Retailers!

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If that's all he talks about, I'll be happy. I'm still not convinced he can get through it without calling the Democrats losers or airing personal grievances and basically making more of a mockery of the office.

Lurkyseas

Banned
Dec 31, 2017

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm no economist, but if Trump wants to build a wall so badly, maybe he could take some of that military money and put it towards that. Pretty sure America could take over a few Canadian provinces and half of Mexico with their military prowess right now if they really wanted to. The hell does he want a stronger military presence for?

Probably for attacking a country perhaps?

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"To emphasize his security concerns, Trump may point out family members seated in the gallery who have had loved ones killed by people who were in the country illegally or who migrated through one of the family unification channels."

Ugh, so a repeat of that disgusting display of exploiting a soldier's widow for political gain but with even more bullshit. I might just read a summary afterwards; I don't want to have to kick my television in.

Also, someone needs to explain to Republicans how you fund things because they really don't seem to see the connection here.

"Peace through strength" is one of the more chilling phrases throughout history. It only ever means stomping everyone else into the dust.

Last edited:

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Emphasize job skills over family connection? Goddamn this fucking ass clown really is taking his supporters for a raw dogging. Eat it Trumpers.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
my political junkie side wants to watch but i know better, i can hear the praise already and how this was his watershed moment of turn around something leadership moment in time, speech of a decade bs. on the flip the dems will probably make horrible use of their response time and look inept.

i'll tune back in the following day when hes off reality tv mode and back to running the usual shit show.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"Spend more on the military"

Of course. America's idiotic bullet-penis is the only thing Republicans ever want to spend money on.

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
These comparisons are so incredibly offensive to the surviving members of families that were decimated in WW2 under Hitler's genocide.

Can you please control your edgelord emotions and think before posting this trash? Thanks.

Because letting nazis and white supremacists roam around showing themselves is not irrespectful to tgem.

Fuck outta here with your bullshit.

"I support the troops" is one of the most pointless fucking sentences in the US vocabulary.

But the most effective.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
What money are we gonna use for infrastructure, they just passed a fucking tax reduction.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
To emphasize his security concerns, Trump may point out family members seated in the gallery who have had loved ones killed by people who were in the country illegally or who migrated through one of the family unification channels.

is at direct fucking odds with

The White House said this week that the president will strike a "bipartisan tone" in his speech, and urge for greater collaboration.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Good point. Gonna tell my folks not to tune in. I'll just read them a live blog out loud lol

You don't even have to do this. Going at least as far back as the later Bush 43 years, the SotU speech can be easily accessed online hours before its delivery.

Read it on your own time. It means you can get the gist of the administration's plans without sitting through 90 minutes of pauses and without dealing with Trump's awful oratory or face.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
You don't even have to do this. Going at least as far back as the later Bush 43 years, the SotU speech can be easily accessed online hours before its delivery.

Read it on your own time. It means you can get the gist of the administration's plans without sitting through 90 minutes of pauses and without dealing with Trump's awful oratory or face.
Don't forget all of those deliberate pauses for forced standing ovations as Republicans applaud uproariously at Trump's lies.