• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Cody and the gang just keep on delivering. Was afraid they weren't going to go into all Maher's other bullshit, but they touched upon most of it. They could make several shows worth of dissecting it all, though.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
"Lack of consequences for the powerful make people feel powerless"
This all day

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Maher is such slime.

The bit about giving Milo a segment and then trying to take credit for him being de-platformed is vile. I could watch people dunking on Maher all day.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think I became aware of Bill around the time of his famous argument with Ben Afleck over Islam, and I was confused as to why people thought he was a reasonable person......because he seemed like a wanker.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I basically just watch Maher's "New Rules" segment that people will post on YouTube soon after it airs to see what hot takes he will have. I used to tune into his show religiously, but his turn to shit over the last few years has just soured me to him.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't seen this youtube channel before, but I like his Charlie from It's Always Sunny type energy.

Also get fucked Bill Maher.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
This was a fantastic episode. Beyond excised clips, I actually haven't watched Maher in full ever. Despite people lumping him in with the likes of Colbert and Jon Stewart, he came off vastly more unsympathetic and pompous to me, characteristics that have since become more and more highlighted.

Bill Maher is everything that makes centrists useless.
Excellent way to put it. I have nothing but suspicion for any supposed progressives who still consider Maher an authority. He's a smug douche who gets off on looking down on everyone, oppressed or otherwise.

I think I became aware of Bill around the time of his famous argument with Ben Afleck over Islam, and I was confused as to why people thought he was a reasonable person......because he seemed like a wanker.
I'm still pissed that that episode still gets contextualized as Affleck "losing it"/"getting owned", when it was right for him to be baffled and incredulous at the blatant xenophobic and Islamaphobic bullshit the show was eager to pass off as a tolerable stance. Then after that was the shit like the Milo interview, using the N-word, etc. I came to be more and more astounded with each passing day that people who would cape for the dude exist in abundance.

Oct 26, 2017
B-but he's a liberal! He supports gay rights! He wants to legalize weed! He wants free health-care!

(until he doesn't cuz he feels they will negatively affect his life)

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had seen most of how bad Bill Maher but even that "they bring that desert stuff to our world" islamophobia escaped me.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This was amazing, gonna check more of this channel out.

back to Bill Maher, rich idiot getting paid way too much to spout his idiot opinions.