• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Switch_TsumTsum_1200x675.jpg

Platform : Switch
Release date : Out now worldwide
Players : 1-4 local or online
Price : 49.99$

Tsum Tsum Festival is a party/mini game collection that allows to you do dope-ass shit like ride egg carton roller coasters or play insane air hockey with your favorite Tsum Tsums. It also includes a non-F2P version of the ever popular Tsum Tsum puzzle game. All games are playable online and local. Daily challenges. Group challenges. Amazing style all around with pumpin music. Fire shit.

Tsum-Tsum-thumbnail-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

172766_7.jpg

That's it. Why are you still reading this when you could be having a god damn festival with all your favorite Disney characters in cylinder form. The fuck is wrong with you?

D1-noscale.jpg

This game is honestly a much better option than you might expect

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How many minigames are there total? And do the modes vary, or is it literally just choosing one of a handful of minigames to play and nothing more?

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many minigames are there total? And do the modes vary, or is it literally just choosing one of a handful of minigames to play and nothing more?

I believe there's 10 total. Each mini game aside from puzzle has a versus, cooperative, and challenge option. (Puzzle is just missing co-op. You can still do vs and some other stuff exclusive to it).

Depending on the game, the difference between vs and co-op can be pretty massive. For instance, in air hockey vs is more like standard air hockey. Where as cooperative is more like Breakout where you're trying to break bubbles.

Challenge is pretty much just for posting scores online. Each mini game also has missions to complete that are continuously updated. Some are more solo oriented where as some require the entire playerbase to chip in.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My fiance is a big Disney fan and has been waiting for this but is thinking of waiting until the price comes down some. It seems a bit light on content for a $60 title.

Also, the hardware bundle Japan got is fantastic looking. It would be great if at least the joycon would be released separately but I imagine it's doubtful.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My fiance is a big Disney fan and has been waiting for this but is thinking of waiting until the price comes down some. It seems a bit light on content for a $60 title.
This is where I'm at. I LOVE Disney, and I played the heck out of the Tsum Tsum mobile game and love the shorts and general merch. But 50 USD for a game like this seems pretty steep. 10 minigames sounds incredibly sparse.

OP
OP
Durden

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Also, the hardware bundle Japan got is fantastic looking. It would be great if at least the joycon would be released separately but I imagine it's doubtful.

This is where I'm at. I LOVE Disney, and I played the heck out of the Tsum Tsum mobile game and love the shorts and general merch. But 50 USD for a game like this seems pretty steep. 10 minigames sounds incredibly sparse.

Just keep in mind the game's a good deal more packed than I expected, in content and charm. There's a ton of challenges to complete, a ton of Tsum Tsums to unlock, and so far most of the mini games seem highly replayable to account for all of that. If you get into the puzzle mode, that's a whole 'nother ball game that can eat so many hours of your time.

Definitely don't think it's a bad call to wait for a price drop, but my girlfriend picked this up using her gold points for a discount and I have been genuinely suprised in how well it seems to pull it's weight in price. Especially if you have some local friends that are into it. I expected it to be a pretty one-and-done type of deal, but it's pretty rad.

I will say though if you adore Tsum Tsums this game seems to be a must have eventually. It really taps into what makes them fun. If you are a big fan of them and this game gets down to 20-30$ or so and you still don't have it, snag it.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
When I first saw the trailer this was one of the highlights of the direct for me. But when I saw the price I was thinking I can wait. I didn't see any reviews yet it either.