• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Americans are fucking weird, who the fuck do you need protection from in your house? like seriously? if government wants you dead, you will be fucking dead. Ain't your pistol going to save you. Seriously keeping a gun mentality is engraved so deep in most people's mind that its nearly impossible to find a middle ground at this point.

listening to tucker carlson just make me want to punch him so hard.

whvb.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 9197

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's a piece of shit, and I won't be listening to this. Dude's a white nationalist who is great at making seemingly common sense arguments to indoctrinate people with conservative b.s., and there's a reason he's a favorite of racists.

On the gun thing, I picked up my third kid who had been accidentally shot by a parent doing something stupid the other night, and there's no way to defend yourself against that other than to take the gun away. Sick of it. Even if the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, there's no defending against moronic family members with guns.

BTW, for the next time you've got to defend against a Tucker Carlson talking point from an ignorant uncle or whatever: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/11/what-the-left-must-fight-against

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I'm not giving this piece of shit or shit network any clicks/views...plus I don't have to watch that video to know what it's going to be about/say.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Tucker Carlson reminds me of every frat kid that went to my college and was obsessed with blacking out from drinking and going hunting every weekend

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Americans are fucking weird, who the fuck do you need protection from in your house? like seriously? if government wants you dead, you will be fucking dead. Ain't your pistol going to save you. Seriously keeping a gun mentality is engraved so deep in most people's mind that its nearly impossible to find a middle ground at this point.

Yeah I never understood why people would think that they could actually defend themselves against the military, especially when it comes to the US military, if the government ever wants you dead.
Furthermore so many gun owners are untrained.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I never understood why people would think that they could actually defend themselves against the military, especially when it comes to the US military, if the government ever wants you dead.
Government presses a button. Drone flies overhead. Good luck with your walmart owned firearms. Crazy fantasy world gun nuts live in.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017

Psycho killers. Conservatives live in constant fear of Bad Guys that want to barge into their homes and murder them. Drug addicts looking to steal their stuff who will, at the slightest provocation, go feral and need to be put down like a rabid dog.

Oct 25, 2017
Government presses a button. Drone flies overhead. Good luck with your walmart owned firearms. Crazy fantasy world gun nuts live in.
They're lying when they say its for protection from the government. It's an artificial, canned response. The second amendment was written when the height of weapons technology was the musket. They know this.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Don't understand the obsession over defending themselves. How often are you really getting robbed or in a confrontation where an assault weapon would be okay to use?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
What is his connection between America getting "crazier" and "more chaotic" and guns? Is he expecting some wild wild west society to erupt soon?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone agree to go on this guys show anymore after this crap. I mean he is literally just trying to get this guy to slip up and say something that will prove Tucker's BS point, instead of actually arguing the facts.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Don't understand the obsession over defending themselves. How often are you really getting robbed or in a confrontation where an assault weapon would be okay to use?

According to TV and movies, it happens all the time. No one seems to realize that when you bring a gun into your home, the people it's most likely to kill are... the people living in your home.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
so that we don't live in a bubble. seriously i like to check other news channel time to time just to see if anything has changed. but its only getting worse.

I personally believe there's a difference between people sharing every little editorial a fox news host shares--I hated living with family members who watched nothing but glenn beck every single NIGHT at dinner for a while--and going "oh this bullshit happened."

like, idk, there are twitter accounts that exist just to get clout by quote tweeting bad people and going "look how bad they are." All it really does is spread their message around. Then there's a guy I follow who says "hey, this far right person just did x, here's documentation of that, here's why that's illegal, etc" and I think it's structured like a valid public service. I feel like this thread is just dunking and not really providing the public service of arming us with information on actual bad shit. Tucker's dumb ass opinions are pointless, sharing them does nothing. Tucker lying to the public and getting Stephen Colbert to repeat his lies even though the police report indicates everything Carlson said was a lie is a WAY bigger deal

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
According to TV and movies, it happens all the time. No one seems to realize that when you bring a gun into your home, the people it's most likely to kill are... the people living in your home.

To be fair, as a non American i often see shows where characters get surprised if they see someone they know having a gun at home.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

whvb.gif

Usually yourself, since statistics prove that someone is more likely to use it on themselves than an actual intruder. Hope Tucker's house is loaded with em.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
All I can do is laugh at how much fear mongering Tucker does. It's actually rather sad that people are so scared of life in this country they are convinced they need a gun for protection. But Tucker going on and on trying to get this dude scared is some funny shit. Lays it on really thick.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The military also comes from the general populace, and is usually made up of low income people. The odds that they'd follow orders to roll down the street and start killing people in their own country is hilarious. Even the most xenophobic patriotic super American is going to hesitate at indiscriminately slaughtering his fellow countrymen without just cause to do so. This isn't the 1700s when foreign troops from a distant king felt like they could do whatever they wanted in the colonies, and we've come a long way since Waco.

And then there's this weird conservative ideology where they go, "We love this country and everything is stands for," while also saying "But we're also prepared to kill everyone that runs it if need be!" The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

The only rational arguments for guns are 1. For home defense and 2. For hunting. The former should be limited to nothing more than a handgun, which can be sold after extensive courses in firearm safety and handling, as well as the necessary background. The latter should also have such training, but the rifles used for it should not be held in private hands, and instead should be logged before and after every single use.

Anything else should be outright banned.

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The fact he still has a career after Jon Stewart literally destroyed him on live TV is a travesty. He's a fool and a moron of the highest order.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
But what if a burglar tries to enter my house when I'm awake, the lights are on, and I have my weapon on me because I just got back from open carrying in order to get my Taco Bell without incident

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
It's just maddening to me that there are stricter standards for the sale and use of marijuana than guns. And that the people pushing for tougher restrictions on the former are often the same people advocating zero restrictions on the latter. It's just insanity.