• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia Election Results (ENDED, DEMOCRATS FLIP BOTH CHAMBERS OF VA GENERAL ASSEMBLY, DEMOCRATIC TRIFECTA OF VA NOW REALITY):

Kentucky Election Results (ENDED, DEMOCRAT ANDY BESHEAR WINS):

Mississippi Election Results (ENDED, ONLY DEMOCRATIC LOSS):

POLITICO ELECTION RESULTS PAGES (The Politico results page for Kentucky and Mississippi lets you look at county-level results.):

Last edited:

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How were the polls for Kentucky?
Beshear was usually ahead until it tightened in the last week. I don't think Kentucky polling is super precise however.

Unless you meant "polling places" in which case mine seemed busier than usual but most of what I've heard anecdotally is that turnout was muted.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, fuckery abound in Virginia:

Voters again given wrong ballots in competitive Stafford County

November 5, 2019 at 4:06 p.m. EST

Some Stafford County residents have voted in the wrong races two years after similar issues led to legal challenges in a tight Virginia General Assembly contest.
Voters in six Stafford precincts were given the wrong ballots early Tuesday, Commissioner of Elections Chris Piper told reporters. The issue was fixed within the first hour of voting, according to Piper. But any votes cast in the wrong district will count in those races, as they did in 2017.

In 2017, one race involved in similar ballot mix-ups around Fredericksburg was so close it ended in a recount; Democrats tried unsuccessfully to block Republican Robert Thomas from taking office.

The Democratic candidate in that race, Joshua Cole, is now running against Republican Paul Milde III, who beat Thomas in a primary earlier this year. Milde campaign manager Dustin Curtis said they are "deeply disturbed by the ballot irregularities" but are "continuing to gather facts before considering legal options."
The mistake also impacted voters in two less competitive districts. Several districts in the area divide precincts, and voters have had issues getting the right ballots for years.

All 140 seats in the General Assembly are on the ballot, and voters also are weighing in on local races for county supervisor and prosecutor seats.

Voters at several Prince William County polling places told reporters they had gotten ballots misprinted with the same choices on both sides. A local election official said the issue was "being handled" but could not say whether or not those ballots would be counted.

Jenny Meyer said she and her husband tried to vote around 11:10 a.m. at Rippon Middle School in Prince William and could not because of the mistake.

About a dozen people were waiting around, Meyer said, hoping to be able to vote. She was told by poll workers that the machines rejected the defective ballots and that they should wait for new ones to arrive. But after an hour, she and her husband gave up and left.

"I enjoy voting, it's a big deal for me, so I'm a little upset — shocked, really," Meyer said.

She was able to vote later in the afternoon; a poll worker told her the correct ballots arrived at the precinct around 1:30 p.m. She was told about three dozen people left Rippon Middle School without voting although most returned later.

One Richmond precinct ran out of ballots early in the morning, due to a mix-up in population counts. The issue was resolved within 15 minutes of notification, registrar J. Kirk Showalter said, and affected only voters in the 9th Senate district, not the competitive 10th Senate district. He added his "utmost apologies" for anyone turned away and said "we hope they will go back and vote."

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did my part in VA 94. Hopefully we can avoid another lottery pick election outcome.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Please don't let Bevin win. He is destroying this state.
It'll be even worse if Cameron wins Attorney General. Bevin would have done much worse if Beshear hadn't sued him into oblivion.

Current returns:
Bevin - 53.1%
Beshear - 45.0%

6% reporting

100.6k total votes tallied so far
973.7k total in 2015

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Voted for Beshear but I expect Trump (supported candidate Bevin) to win.

Expecting another embarrassing low turnout this year too. Too many folks think odd number years don't matter and it leads to this

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Voted for Beshear but I expect Trump (supported candidate Bevin) to win.

Expecting another embarrassing low turnout this year too. Too many folks think odd number years don't matter and it leads to this

Things are getting better, they used to think the non-Presidential years didn't matter up till last year, though didn't help us in the Senate.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Politico results page for Kentucky and Mississippi lets you look at county-level results.

Aug 12, 2019
Did my part in KY, though I'm not hopeful based upon how much R support around the state that seems to still vote for Bevin despite hating him with a passion.

Aug 12, 2019
Saw a story saying 31% was expected to turnout. Slightly up from 2015's 30.7 percent lmao. Kentucky dooms itself

You're so right. Barely anyone votes in this state in anything and many of the people who do vote don't even pay that much attention to anything besides the ads on TV...

Doesn't help the state has fuck all for job opportunities or even attractive places to live for young people, so this is just not going to fundamentally change any time soon.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being so invested in your team and ideology that you vote for someone you hate rather than someone who would try to make your and other people's lives better.

Poor Kentuckians deserve better.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine being so invested in your team and ideology that you vote for someone you hate rather than someone who would try to make your and other people's lives better.

It's worse than that, sadly.

Bevin was elected in 2015, and his only, literally only, campaign promise was to repeal the very popular Medicaid expansion passed by outgoing, very popular Gov. Beshear (current candidate's dad). The people who voted for him were interviewed after he won and a typical response was, "Yeah, he said he was going to repeal Medicaid and my family would be financially ruined if that happened, but we're just going to hope that he doesn't."

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

With such piss-poor turnout, they deserve exactly what they're getting. When 2/3 people in the state are too goddamn lazy to get off their ass and vote, then of course people like Bevin and Moscow Mitch remain in power.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Voted in VA today. Can't deal with the anxiety of staring at these all night, so I'm just going to check in intermittently and hope for the best.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
It's worse than that, sadly.

Bevin was elected in 2015, and his only, literally only, campaign promise was to repeal the very popular Medicaid expansion passed by outgoing, very popular Gov. Beshear (current candidate's dad). The people who voted for him were interviewed after he won and a typical response was, "Yeah, he said he was going to repeal Medicaid and my family would be financially ruined if that happened, but we're just going to hope that he doesn't."

The shitty thing is Trump eventually approved the rollback. So, yeah, they failed the followup election that would have let them keep healthcare. But I guess they owned the libs so it'll all be worth dying bankrupt in a ditch.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
With such piss-poor turnout, they deserve exactly what they're getting. When 2/3 people in the state are too goddamn lazy to get off their ass and vote, then of course people like Bevin and Moscow Mitch remain in power.

I agree. People have been complaining about Republicans like Bevin & McConnell fucking up states like Kentucky hard & making shit bad for them, but won't put in the effort to get up & vote Democrat.

I don't feel sorry for them. This is coming from a progressive voter who lives in Southeastern Virginia in Hampton Roads.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My wife just said they called it for Daniel Cameron (R, Attorney General) in Kentucky.

Goddammit.