• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Bevin wound up uniquely unpopular because he, as a state politician, got actual blame for issues like fucking over teachers that congresspeople usually get away with by doing more indirectly. Bevin also got none of the credit for things like anti-choice judges that make R senators popular with their base. Then, Bevin also injected himself into every second of everything like a wannabe Trump and acted like a crass asshole that it was impossible for his potential voters to ignore. He layered a bonus Trumpian effect atop the normal trump effect and made tons of people who otherwise voted straight R vote for beshear.

McConnell will get more credit for appointing religious extremists to lifetime judgeships, less blame for ruining the lives of his constituents, and will not constantly be on the news making incredibly dumb unforced errors that annoy the fuck out of people. He's probably still safe unless our candidate turns out to be an absolute campaign beast and the economy completely dies in 6 months.

Watch this space.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Dale @ddale8

11:37 PM: Bevin had been down at least 15 points
11:41 PM: Bevin had been down 17 points
12:15 AM: Bevin might've been down 20 points

Going to bed, very excited to see what Bevin was down when I wake up​

BJSjTFU.jpg

Tua6ltE.jpg

wvMneVd.jpg

12:58 AM - Nov 6, 2019

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I really don't think McGrath is a good campaigner - hoping someone beats her in the primary.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit Fouts won Warren again.

Why do people keep electing that old racist fuck? Man I feel gross just living NEAR Warren.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I told my wife it feels like Washington is socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. Vote yes on pot and gay marriage, vote no on new taxes.

If King county does not come out in huge support of a initiative, they will never pass. Hell, the car tabs only got 56% no in king, it needed to be at 65-66% to have a shot.

We can only hope that the legal challenges the bill is about to face take it down.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Sports betting legalization hanging on for dear life in Colorado. Going to come down to what the margins are in Metro Denver, maybe.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you VA-ERA and KY-ERA for your votes that contributed to the significant wins by the Democratic Party.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Kind of expected going in the Dem flip would happen but I'm glad I helped make that happen, even just a little.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Roland Garros

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 9, 2019

I really think that's a beat-up. If you examine the results, Republicans did quite well. Bevin was always in trouble because he pissed a lot of Kentuckians off, both D and R. And he barely lost. Also, Kentuckians have a habit of electing Democratic candidates. Since 1931, there's only been 4 Republican governors.

I don't see tonight as a rejection of Trump at all.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia just doesn't exist, as expected.

He's crowing about southern states too which would most likely go for him again anyway but slimmer than in 2016 and he doesn't even consider the pendulum swing in the other states that where swing. He still doesn't get it because he got lucky in 2016 and his bubble and fake internal poles have him convinced. Please proceed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NoVA managed to kick out the only remaining Republican within their delegation!!!!:

The sweep completed a dramatic political conversion, from red to blue, of a Southern state on Washington's doorstep.

Both of Virginia's U.S. senators, a majority of its congressional delegation and all three statewide officeholders are Democrats. The state was carried by Democrats in the past three presidential elections. Republicans have not won a statewide contest since 2009.

And the last Republican in the Northern Virginia delegation, Del. Tim Hugo, lost to Democrat Dan Helmer.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
VA resident here. I just looked it up, and it seems like every single Dem I voted for won their race.

This state still has its fair share of problems, but I'll admit today made me feel a bit better about it. Thanks to everyone else here that helped make today happen.

Virginia is blue.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Congrats to Virginia tonight! I would have voted but there was nothing in my district. I wish MN was more blue aside from the cities, everywhere else is purple or red. Makes me nervous for 2020 with Trump and MN Republicans pushing for MN to flip red. I realize it hasn't flipped red in like 50 years, but my district only won Democrat by like 3 points.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Not surprised that Gossett lost, especially after reading that article. Seems like he felt he could just coast on his accomplishments in the past (Civil rights leader etc.)

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I really think that's a beat-up. If you examine the results, Republicans did quite well. Bevin was always in trouble because he pissed a lot of Kentuckians off, both D and R. And he barely lost. Also, Kentuckians have a habit of electing Democratic candidates. Since 1931, there's only been 4 Republican governors.

I don't see tonight as a rejection of Trump at all.

46 posts, no avatar

"his rallies are huge" in the post history

😂

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Virginia Democrats finally flipped both houses of the legislature after being a clear majority blue state for a decade or so (yay gerrymandering and low blue voter turnout).

Maybe we can actually legalize weed now like other sane states.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
In an important bellwether for 2020, Democrats won pretty big in southeastern Pennsylvania. The Philly suburbs went even bluer than the 2018 midterms. A third-party candidate endorsed by Elizabeth Warren won a long-held Republican city council seat in Philadelphia. Delaware County, home to many working-class whites, was a clean sweep for the Democrats.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am glad Dems are back to remembering local races. Federal shit is important but nothing will impact you more day to day than local shit

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Did my part for VA-76. Voted against Chris Jones not because he's a Republican, but because he's a lying scumbag who screwed over our non profit health care providers, refused to pass background checks after the worst mass shooting in HR history, and tried to pass himself off as an independent on medicare even though he voted against it several times. Almost got a family member killed. Party line asshole, good riddance.

source.gif

Roland Garros

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 9, 2019
46 posts, no avatar

"his rallies are huge" in the post history

😂

🙄

If you think I'm a secret Trumper, you're woefully mistaken. I'm pessimistic because I was all in on Hillary and woke up on November 8 thinking I was about to see the first female president crowned. I was fucking devastated, and vowed never to get carried away again.

So I absorb a mix of equal conservative and liberal media and so far, I'm drawing the conclusion that us anti-Trumpers have plenty to be concerned about.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Curious to see the turnout numbers compared to registered voters in KY. Will be an indicator whether we're capable of unseating McConnell or not

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NRA scared about the impending Democratic takeover of Virginia, trying to claim that Bloomberg bought the VA election:

Billionaire Michael Bloomberg bought this election, and Virginians will soon live under his rule. He despises our right to self-defense and he despises our freedom. Your @NRA will not back down. Get ready to STAND AND FIGHT in 2020.

FAIRFAX, Va.– The National Rifle Association released the following statement on the 2019 election results:

"As if Gov. Northam's legacy of ineptitude wasn't enough, Virginians are about to experience life under a distant tycoon's thumb. Candidates who proudly accepted Bloomberg's cash—and every voter they misled—will soon realize the cost of being beholden to a Manhattan billionaire who despises Virginians' right to self-defense. Fortunately, many NRA-backed candidates in Virginia, New Jersey, Kentucky and Mississippi prevailed over their Bloomberg-funded opponents. As the battle continues, so does the NRA's defense of the Second Amendment rights of all Americans."

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just an update, they did the recanvass here in Kentucky today and there were no changes to the vote count. Bevin concedes