• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Article subtitle: "I think a lot of people would vote for her over Trump," Mike Cernovich said. "MAGA people." Ann Coulter is considering it.

If you were wondering why you were getting gigantic amount of pushback about her if you were only hearing about her for the first time yesterday, this is why.

Also worth noting that Tulsi's twitter account and right wing media are very much in sync in trying to portray Elizabeth Warren as Hillary 2.0, claiming that she's being "coronated".

For more on why she's really not someone who should be representing the Democratic party here's a takedown coming from Jacobin of all places- https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party

MIAMI — Among some conservative pundits there was one clear winner of Wednesday night's Democratic primary debate: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, the longshot antiwar Hawaii congresswoman.

More than any other Democratic candidate, Gabbard has developed a favorable presence in right-wing media. She's made appearances from time to time on Fox News shows like Tucker Carlson Tonight, and her unorthodox candidacy has attracted praise from those farther to the right as well. Gabbard has been controversial; she has apologized for holding homophobic views in the past, including onstage during the debate, and she has been heavily criticized for meeting with the brutal Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad and for questioning whether his regime carried out chemical weapons attacks. But on Wednesday night, she appeared to cement her status as the very online right's favorite Democratic candidate.
Breitbart News devoted a lot of its debate coverage to Gabbard, writing several articles about her. Breitbart writer Joel Pollak livestreamed his exchange with Gabbard in the spin room after the debate, the only candidate who got that treatment.

"The Drudge straw poll has you winning by far," he asked her. "What was it that carried it for you?"
Gabbard's sister tweeted from Gabbard's account during the debate that the moderators were ignoring the candidate — "It's clear who MSNBC wants to be president: Elizabeth Warren. They're giving her more time than all the other candidates combined. They aren't giving any time to Tulsi at all." Breitbart News wrote the tweet up and tweeted, "The slow-motion coronation has begun."
Mike Cernovich, the "new right" social media personality, tweeted on Wednesday night about the increase in Google searches for Gabbard, writing "Tulsi Gabbard was breakthrough star of the night."

"It's hard to explain but she has a good energy, a certain dignity to her that's absent in the rest of the field," Cernovich said in an interview on Thursday. He said he found her views on foreign policy appealing, and said he knew many who felt even more warmly towards her. "I think a lot of people would vote for her over Trump," he said. "MAGA people." Despite this, Cernovich said Gabbard hadn't done any outreach to his cohort.
Right-wing commentator Ann Coulter, who tweeted "Go Tulsi!" after Gabbard tussled with Ryan over Afghanistan onstage during the debate, said she watched the debate with a liberal and a moderate on Wednesday and all three preferred Gabbard over the rest of the field. "It's really astounding that Tulsi is the only Democrat running frontally and unambiguously as anti-war," Coulter wrote in an email, calling the Democrats "as relentless a war party as the Republicans at their worst. Only more feckless." Asked if she would consider voting for Gabbard either during the Democratic primary or even in the general election against President Trump if she won the nomination, Coulter replied "possibly both."
According to a Fox News source, Gabbard is scheduled to appear on Tucker Carlson's show on Thursday night.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
Cool.

(Edit: conservatives are obviously just trying to find a wedge narrative)

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
isn't tulsi pro medicare for all?

very weird to see people on the right champion her to defeat trump or w/e

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Gabbard is legitimately bad. Once virulently homophobic and badmouthed same-sex marriage as recently as 2015, even though she tries to make it sound like she changed long before that. Assad devotee. Opposes "nation building" (okay, cool) but has no problem actually dropping bombs.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i kept making this dumb point last night during the debate: she looks like a deepfake AI experiment

like she triggers some uncanny valley shit for me

OP
OP
Kirblar

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's also pro-going on Fox News and complaining that Obama isn't being tough enough on "Radical Islam".

Being on the left economically does not mean you are on the left socially. This is a combo that exists in large numbers here (see: upper left corner) but doesn't have an overt political presence despite being about ~25-30% of the population because of the two party structure. However it's something you see all over the place in Europe, where the parties running on Nixon's apartheid welfare state platform are around all over the place.

The only reason she's a Democrat is because you can't get elected as a Republican in Hawaii.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
"Anyone but Trump" right?

(I refuse to vote for Tulsi Gabbard at any juncture, she's a trashfire, but if she does end up getting the nom, I wonder if "anyone but Trump" people will hold to that or reveal that being anti-LGBT and Islamophobic and willing to bomb innocent brown people is okay.)

She didn't raise her hand when asked about who would consider single payer IIRC, so it doesn't matter.

OP
OP
Kirblar

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Anyone but Trump" right?

(I refuse to vote for Tulsi Gabbard at any juncture, but if she does end up getting the nom, I wonder if "anyone but Trump" people will hold to that or reveal that being anti-LGBT and Islamophobic and willing to bomb innocent brown people is okay.)
If Tulsi were to win the nomination it'd be "abandon ship on the USA" time.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Gabbard is legitimately bad. Once virulently homophobic and badmouthed same-sex marriage as recently as 2015, even though she tries to make it sound like she changed long before that. Assad devotee. Opposes "nation building" (okay, cool) but has no problem actually dropping bombs.

She was a supporter of conversion therapy until recently, too. Garbage candidate, garbage person.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gabbard had the balls to call out Saudi Arabia last night and for that I am grateful. I dont know much else about her other than a quick wiki read. It would be nice to get more politicians that want to stop coddling Saudi however.

She was a supporter of conversion therapy until recently, too. Garbage candidate, garbage person.
FUcking gross.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the only reason we're talking about her is because Tim Ryan was the one person dumb enough to get owned by her and signal boost her.

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017

She was on Rogan a 2nd time and the Assad thing was brought up/clarified. Here's the snippet: https://youtu.be/x68SWpl43xI

OP
OP
Kirblar

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/307106-bannon-set-up-trump-gabbard-meeting

Ah, this old chestnut too.
Donald Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon contacted Tulsi Gabbard to arrange Monday's meeting with the president-elect, according to a source close to Bannon.
"He reached out to her, not vice versa," the source told The Hill on Monday.
Many in the media raised their eyebrows when the news broke that Trump was meeting at Trump Tower Monday morning with Hawaii's Democratic congresswoman.
D-HAlHHWwAMK6-e.jpg:large

Ben Collins @oneunderscore__

New from me + @bpopken:

Trolls from 4chan and Reddit targeted online polls following first Democratic presidential debate

They tried to boost Tulsi (genuine support from 4chan) and de Blasio (trolling from Reddit's r/The_Donald).https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trolls-target-online-polls-following-first-democratic-presidential-debate-n1023406 …

3:56 PM - Jun 27, 2019

"Mommy"? Can they not.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gabbard had the balls to call out Saudi Arabia last night and for that I am grateful. I dont know much else about her other than a quick wiki read. It would be nice to get more politicians that want to stop coddling Saudi however.

She's only against Saudi Arabia because she hates Muslims in general.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
Never trust a Republican, especially when they're telling you which Democrat they'd definitely consider maybe voting for possibly.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait til she is primaried in Hawaii.

She does have a legitimate primary opponent in Hawaii state Senator Kai Kahele from the Big Island. He's very progressive, is also a military vet (but not a hawk like Tulsi Gabbard is), and has a very good base on the Big Island to start with. Hoping he can turn it into votes on the rest of the Neighbor Islands, Tulsi barely gives us folks at home the time of day.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
At least on my social media, she seems to be the new darling of under-informed former Ron Paul supporters.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Trump would sooner give up charred steaks slathered with ketchup before Gabbard would ever get the nomination, so her being garbage is as irrelevant as her campaign. Conservatives look rather dense latching onto her in order to divide Democratic voters.

OP
OP
Kirblar

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least on my social media, she seems to be the new darling of under-informed former Ron Paul supporters.
Ron Paul types are social conservative isolationists, so that makes sense.
Claiming this as a MAGA moment is a shit attempt to assassinate her candidacy
Yes, it's just an accident that Steven Bannon, Mike Cernovich and Ann Coulter are all fans. Clearly, this means nothing and there's nothing about her they're reacting to that they find a shared worldview in.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
She's the only Dem candidate I would never vote for. If she would win the nom, I would sit out next election.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly fuck her. I would never vote for her - even in the final election. She has said shit that clearly indicates her conservative agenda.

"iM a dEmoCRat"

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Who gives a dry fart what Ann Coulter is considering, unless it's her retirement? She's useful for orienting your moral compass in the opposite direction that she's pointing, and that's it.