• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Truly the visionary that the Democratic party needs right now. Holding the government hostage in order to earn concessions from the other party is a cowardly way to govern.

But Gabbard said Sunday that both parties are guilty of being unyielding, adding that both sides are displaying an "unwillingness to actually just sit down and work through the details that each side is putting forward, knowing that neither side is going to get everything they need."

Both Democrats and Republicans have "completely hardened their positions and are unwilling to come together and work out the differences," she said, pointing out it's not an isolated problem.

She said the problem is "an unwillingness to just say, 'Hey, here's my position. Here's yours. Let's figure out how we can work out the differences that we can, putting forward the best solution for the American people.'"

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/20/gabbard-democrats-republicans-shutdown-1116066

Oct 27, 2017
She's technically right, but I'd actually respect the republicans if they caved. I'd lose any remaining respect I had for the dems if they did, though.

Last edited:

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
"unwillingness to actually just sit down and work through the details that each side is putting forward, knowing that neither side is going to get everything they need."
What are the Dems saying they NEED to reopen the gov't? I only see one side making demands before they'll allow people to have their lives back.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I am really happy that Tulsi ran for President. The greater attention on her may just be the thing that gets her knocked out in a primary. Stuff like this certainly won't appeal to a significant amount of Dems.

OP
OP
Officer Big Mac
Oct 28, 2017
I am really happy that Tulsi ran for President. The greater attention on her may just be the thing that gets her knocked out in a primary. Stuff like this certainly won't appeal to a significant amount of Dems.

Shes certainly trying to ride the fence. I wouldnt be surprised if this run for president is just a way to boost her national profile in order to pick up some conservative gig elsewhere be it private or public.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
both sides are displaying an "unwillingness to actually just sit down and work through the details that each side is putting forward, knowing that neither side is going to get everything they need."

Everything the Democrats want: an open government

Everything Trump wants: steeped in racism

Does she think that pandering to the like 8 percent of Democrats that blame both sides is going to win her some primary votes?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She really playing this "both sides" shit?
FOH. Working hard to torpedo her already slim primary chances

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Supporting Sanders does not make one automatically progressive.

Gabbard was never progressive, she holds Conservative views on many issues.

She's only a Democrat because that's the only way to win in Hawaii

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who both sides this should be shunned. She's just digging her hole deeper and it's probably time to just kick the dirt on top of her political career. No place for this shit if you're trying to progress the Democratic Party and still cant see how the GOP has the ability to bad faith argue at the drop of a MAGA hat.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just another Russian agent trying to stir shit up and sew chaos.

Nah. Standard Stationary Carpetbagger. Already in town, but just watching which way the wind blows and adjusting her pitch on the fly. Sees no path to get all the dem support, so trying to grab some of the shy Trump supporters and regretful dullards. Possibly not even trying for the presidency but just increased relevancy for TV, her State position and endless trash.

I wasn't seriously suggesting a Sander/Gabbard ticket btw, just trying to create the political equivalent of a Pineapple and Natto pizza with extra Hakarl baked right into the crust.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Dems: "Open the government"
GOP: "GIMME EVERYTHING NOW OR ELSE"

Yes truly just need to "come to the table" and "sit down" and "negotiate" and "work out" a "deal" or whatever other fake phrase you want to use to pretend this isn't a transparent hostage situation.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
She could have blamed the shutdown on homosexual extremists.

giphyu0jnq.gif

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If the government wasn't shutdown she would have a point about across the aisle talks of immigration reform. You can't compromise with someone holding the government hostage. It wouldn't matter if all Trump wanted was a ham sandwich. Wrong is wrong.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
How much longer will the dems hold out? Feels like they'll cave soon.
It would take Nancy to cave. That won't happen. The House has already passed legislation to reopen the government. Nancy isn't going to let a bill giving Trump his wall have a vote unless there are extraordinary concessions (permanent DACA, UHC, etc). Trump & Co would get eaten alive by their base if they traded the things that could actually get a deal from the Dems. He painted himself into a corner and they know it.