• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She is a vile awful human being who props up dictators and mass murderers and peddles in alt-right conspiracy theories while lashing out at gay people. It's really embarrassing to have her in my political party.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi continuing to carry water for Assad's narrative? Who woulda thunk.
She just keeps doing this shit, so I really can't see how people can write it off as coincidence.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
whats up with this lady and Syria though?

like ... she knows how this looks right?

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
And some people think I'm crazy for liking Kamala over her lol. Always knew Tulsi was on some bullshit. But people like TYT signal boost her because she supported Bernie that one time.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
And some people think I'm crazy for liking Kamala over her lol. Always knew Tulsi was on some bullshit. But people like TYT signal boost her because she supported Bernie that one time.

Kamala has her own dirt, but holy shit, the only thing that would make Tulsi a more likely Russian plant is for her to reveal a tattoo of Putin on her ass.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I read through the Bellingcat article. I do wish that a more major news outlet would verify this, because I have never heard of this news source before in my life. So lets assume that every bit of information in this article is true. I'm not an expert on weapons, so I'm not going to bother questioning what Bellingcat is dishing here for the sake of argument.

For starters, lets look at the first statement made on Gabbard's website: "There is evidence that both the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad as well as the armed opposition groups aligned against him have used chemical weapons (CW) during the Syrian war."

This statement basically says two things: one, that Assad has used chemical weapons against his people. I fail to see how she is being an Assad apologist with a statement like that on her website as literally the opener of what she talks about. Secondly, that opposition groups against Assad have also used chemical weapons. Bellingcat never disputes this claim. Gabbard is skeptical of two particular attacks that happened 4 years initial reports of chemical weapon use in Syria by the Assad regime.

Now, lets say for the sake of argument, that relying on this Postal guy is really stupid and that the information here is discounted even by Postal himself. This still doesn't really get into the crux of the argument that Gabbard is making here. The crux of what she is saying isn't that Assad is a great guy and we should leave; it's that we should be more skeptical of initial reports about these kinds of situations and actually investigate instead of firing missiles based on social media reports like Trump is doing. Will we not learn the lesson of going into Iraq based on lies of weapons of mass destruction?

Beyond that, I continue to remain apprehensive of supporting more wars with the aim of regime change. Is there a single example post-WWII of it actually working for us? Maybe South Korea counts? But every situation after has backfired in horrid ways, for both those in the US and for those we were trying to "help". Why not let Syria choose her future for herself?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I read through the Bellingcat article. I do wish that a more major news outlet would verify this, because I have never heard of this news source before in my life. So lets assume that every bit of information in this article is true. I'm not an expert on weapons, so I'm not going to bother questioning what Bellingcat is dishing here for the sake of argument.

For starters, lets look at the first statement made on Gabbard's website: "There is evidence that both the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad as well as the armed opposition groups aligned against him have used chemical weapons (CW) during the Syrian war."

This statement basically says two things: one, that Assad has used chemical weapons against his people. I fail to see how she is being an Assad apologist with a statement like that on her website as literally the opener of what she talks about. Secondly, that opposition groups against Assad have also used chemical weapons. Bellingcat never disputes this claim. Gabbard is skeptical of two particular attacks that happened 4 years initial reports of chemical weapon use in Syria by the Assad regime.

Now, lets say for the sake of argument, that relying on this Postal guy is really stupid and that the information here is discounted even by Postal himself. This still doesn't really get into the crux of the argument that Gabbard is making here. The crux of what she is saying isn't that Assad is a great guy and we should leave; it's that we should be more skeptical of initial reports about these kinds of situations and actually investigate instead of firing missiles based on social media reports like Trump is doing. Will we not learn the lesson of going into Iraq based on lies of weapons of mass destruction?

Beyond that, I continue to remain apprehensive of supporting more wars with the aim of regime change. Is there a single example post-WWII of it actually working for us? Maybe South Korea counts? But every situation after has backfired in horrid ways, for both those in the US and for those we were trying to "help". Why not let Syria choose her future for herself?
Uh, how does that make her an Assad apologist? Let me help with that. This is the second paragraph from her website:
However, I remain skeptical about two particular CW attacks, one at Khan Sheikhun on April 4, 2017, and the other at Douma on April 7, 2018. Both attacks occurred in towns under the control of al-Qaeda-linked opposition forces. Both attacks resulted in multiple civilian casualties, and both were immediately blamed on the Assad government. However, there is evidence to suggest that the attacks may have been staged by opposition forces for the purpose of drawing the United States and the West deeper into the war.
That's false-flag conspiracy logic for the benefit of the Assad regime and the only "evidence" for it is a complete nutter who should not be listened to or promoted at all and the only one who benefits from this is Assad. As why else promote this? Which benefits? Assad.

That she nonetheless adnits that Assad does use weapons at the start doesn't change any of this in any way, that she's discounting the existence of other attacks and supporting false-flag conspiracy theorist, which I noticed you completely danced around here by focusing just on her first paragraph and ignoring where she goes conspiracy theorist pretty blatantly.

Like, saying her point is "be skeptical of initial reports" is a hell of a euphemism and downplaying of what she's saying here. 'Cause yeah, skepticism CAN be a good thing. Emphasis on can be. But if you're skeptical of "initial reports" one should be even more skeptical of false-flag conspiracy theorists of all things.

'Cause yeah, I can't get over that fucking downplaying and slight of hand you tried here to defend her. People should be skeptical?

Okay fine let me play along with that for a moment. In this case, why should people be skeptical of THESE attacks in particular, which Gabbard specifically singled out as people should be skeptical of? What reason does she give and why is that reason good enough to be skeptical? 'Cause note, unlike what you're trying to frame it as, she's not telling people to be skeptical in general, but in regards to these attacks in particular, and after the first paragraph that's what she goes on and on and on about. Not some general healthy skepticism, or any such thing, but going on and on about s false-flag conspiracy theory about these attacks in particular. So why should people be skeptical of then and if so, if that's worthy of being "skeptical" why does it suddenly make sense to not be skeptical and favor false-flag conspiracy theories instead, as if those aren't things one should apply even more scrutiny then usual towards?

Because I couldn't help but notice you let that whole part, what the thread is actually about, slip past your gaze somehow, and I don't much appreciate that. I appreciate it even less while you yourself are parroting false-flag conspiracy theory talking points like "don't trust initial reports" as if that's a perfectly normal thing to do and treating everything as fine and dandy while knowing full well what you're doing by using that phrase, initial reports, to make them sound shady and inaccurate, when no they aren't sbd just leaving out/ignoring the part where she's promoting FALSE FLAG CONSPIRACY THEORIES instead. I don't appreciate that at all, because unlike the way you're trying to frame it, she's not just promoting some kinda healthy skepticism or anything, but telling people to ignore facts and support conspiracy theorists instead, and I for one don't much appreciate her doing that or you trying to gloss over that and trying to frame it as just healthy skepticism when it's so much more than that and much worse than that.

But let's try this again, and let me give you the benefit of the doubt, that you somehow managed to miss all that, the main breadth of the piece there she's promoting a false-flag conspiracy theory. How do you feel about that and do you think it's something she should be doing?

And before you try it again, yes, she did say certain attacks Assad us indeed responsible for, and that's good. And then right after that she goes into a false-flag conspiracy theory, and that's bad. That she starts off acknowledging that he's responsible for certain other unnaned attscjs dies not suddenly make that go away or become okay. She still goes into a false-flag conspiracy theory all the same.

So let's try this again: how do you feel about Gabbard promoting a false-flag conspiracy theory here, which she is explicitly doing quite blatantly, and do you think that's something she should be doing or not? And no, any "I don't know about that and am going to avoid talking about false-flag claims" ain't going to cit it considering thide are the actual breadth of the piece, what the majority of the page in the website is about, and you can't talk about it at all eithouy talking about those false flag claims (not in good faith anyway). So how do you feel about that and do you think that's something a candidate and a current member of Congress like Gabbard should be doing?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck off Gabbard. I forgot about this Assad enabling fuck.

The less she talks about Syria, the better

Bellingcat are good people, and have spent years debunking the Russia/Syria propaganda machine. They've done such good work, that the Russians have become actively hostile towards them. MH17, Ukraine, Syria, you name it.

Oct 27, 2017
Her inability to clarify and resolve her Syria baggage is more concerning to me than any of the actual statements. Like, where is the strategy for handling this? I don't see it. Seems like it would be pretty easy to establish yourself as the one who wants actual hard concrete evidence unlike the Iraq War that her main primary opponent voted for, but here we are. I'm assuming she can't be bothered because she doesn't have a chance and barely has a campaign.

Last edited:

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, how does that make her an Assad apologist? Let me help with that. This is the second paragraph from her website:

That's false-flag conspiracy logic for the benefit of the Assad regime and the only "evidence" for it is a complete nutter who should not be listened to or promoted at all and the only one who benefits from this is Assad. As why else promote this? Which benefits? Assad.

That she nonetheless adnits that Assad does use weapons at the start doesn't change any of this in any way, that she's discounting the existence of other attacks and supporting false-flag conspiracy theorist, which I noticed you completely danced around here by focusing just on her first paragraph and ignoring where she goes conspiracy theorist pretty blatantly.

Like, saying her point is "be skeptical of initial reports" is a hell of a euphemism and downplaying of what she's saying here. 'Cause yeah, skepticism CAN be a good thing. Emphasis on can be. But if you're skeptical of "initial reports" one should be even more skeptical of false-flag conspiracy theorists of all things.

'Cause yeah, I can't get over that fucking downplaying and slight of hand you tried here to defend her. People should be skeptical?

Okay fine let me play along with that for a moment. In this case, why should people be skeptical of THESE attacks in particular, which Gabbard specifically singled out as people should be skeptical of? What reason does she give and why is that reason good enough to be skeptical? 'Cause note, unlike what you're trying to frame it as, she's not telling people to be skeptical in general, but in regards to these attacks in particular, and after the first paragraph that's what she goes on and on and on about. Not some general healthy skepticism, or any such thing, but going on and on about s false-flag conspiracy theory about these attacks in particular. So why should people be skeptical of then and if so, if that's worthy of being "skeptical" why does it suddenly make sense to not be skeptical and favor false-flag conspiracy theories instead, as if those aren't things one should apply even more scrutiny then usual towards?

Because I couldn't help but notice you let that whole part, what the thread is actually about, slip past your gaze somehow, and I don't much appreciate that. I appreciate it even less while you yourself are parroting false-flag conspiracy theory talking points like "don't trust initial reports" as if that's a perfectly normal thing to do and treating everything as fine and dandy while knowing full well what you're doing by using that phrase, initial reports, to make them sound shady and inaccurate, when no they aren't sbd just leaving out/ignoring the part where she's promoting FALSE FLAG CONSPIRACY THEORIES instead. I don't appreciate that at all, because unlike the way you're trying to frame it, she's not just promoting some kinda healthy skepticism or anything, but telling people to ignore facts and support conspiracy theorists instead, and I for one don't much appreciate her doing that or you trying to gloss over that and trying to frame it as just healthy skepticism when it's so much more than that and much worse than that.

But let's try this again, and let me give you the benefit of the doubt, that you somehow managed to miss all that, the main breadth of the piece there she's promoting a false-flag conspiracy theory. How do you feel about that and do you think it's something she should be doing?

And before you try it again, yes, she did say certain attacks Assad us indeed responsible for, and that's good. And then right after that she goes into a false-flag conspiracy theory, and that's bad. That she starts off acknowledging that he's responsible for certain other unnaned attscjs dies not suddenly make that go away or become okay. She still goes into a false-flag conspiracy theory all the same.

So let's try this again: how do you feel about Gabbard promoting a false-flag conspiracy theory here, which she is explicitly doing quite blatantly, and do you think that's something she should be doing or not? And no, any "I don't know about that and am going to avoid talking about false-flag claims" ain't going to cit it considering thide are the actual breadth of the piece, what the majority of the page in the website is about, and you can't talk about it at all eithouy talking about those false flag claims (not in good faith anyway). So how do you feel about that and do you think that's something a candidate and a current member of Congress like Gabbard should be doing?
Thanks for the response.The main reason I danced around the main point of the article, as you say, is because I have no way of verifying if it is true, since I'm not a weapons expert. This is why I said in the second sentence of my original post that I wished a more major news outlet would verify the claims Bellingcat is making here, since I've never heard of them before. If NY Times, Washington Post, etc. bring this up, then I will obviously take it substantially more seriously, as that means its not just some citizen journalist saying this. And I imagine it wouldn't exactly take long, either.

My response to it being a false flag conspiracy is that, Tusli Gabbard isn't just some random person. She's on the committee of foreign affairs of the House of Representatives, and has been on it for years. She would know a lot more about this details of our foreign policy and what's happening in other countries than me. Her questioning our reports of this nature isn't coming from an uninformed place or position. Now, if she's being dishonest here, then major news outlets will highlight discrepancies on her statement here that support what Bellingcat is saying, and I'll gladly eat crow.

Regardless of all that, though, I still don't see why we should be getting involved in Syria. It seems like a waste of our resources that won't help the people we're trying to help.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of all that, though, I still don't see why we should be getting involved in Syria. It seems like a waste of our resources that won't help the people we're trying to help.

Please don't say this, or go there. The indifference of the west over the gas attacks is something I still can't get over. Over 400,000 dead and a war criminal still rules over the country. The same war criminal that Gabbard, despite all the UN fact finding evidence, decided to legitimise and meet in 2017

Jun 17, 2019
Holding this opinion unironically is so incredibly disgusting.
No it isn't. They both suck, but Biden is universally awful, while Tulsi has at least some good domestic policies, and she won't be exporting American imperialism and starting wars, even if her rationalization comes from dipshit Assadist conspiracy theories.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't say this, or go there. The indifference of the west over the gas attacks is something I still can't get over. Over 400,000 dead and a war criminal still rules over the country. The same war criminal that Gabbard, despite all the UN fact finding evidence, decided to legitimise and meet in 2017
I completely understand where you're coming from. I used to think that the US should get more heavily involved in spreading democracy and fighting against the interests of larger foreign governments like Russia and China. Assad is a horrible war criminal that will spend eternity in hell for what he has done to his people. However, I cannot think of an instance of us fighting for regime change and it actually being successful, with the exception of WWII with replacing Japan's governmental system and replacing Germany's, and sort-of with S Korea (since there are problems with N Korea existing also). I can also understand being against meeting with Assad; he's a brutal dictator, right? If that is the case, then I would suggest reflecting on how FDR met with Stalin, Hoover met with Hitler, JFK met with Khrushchev, Nixon met with Mao; all of those foreign leaders were horrid despots responsible for countless death and strife. Yet that willingness for diplomacy has allowed for varying levels of peace and prosperity to occur. Yes, it doesn't always work; that meeting with Hitler didn't really help at all. But the willingness needs to be there and also needs to be consistent if we are to truly accomplish the goal of a peaceful world. At least, that is what I think.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do not say it lightly that I would sooner vote for Trump than I would vote for her. Takes a special kind of idiot to side with Assad after everything that has happened in the last 9 years.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it isn't. They both suck, but Biden is universally awful, while Tulsi has at least some good domestic policies, and she won't be exporting American imperialism and starting wars, even if her rationalization comes from dipshit Assadist conspiracy theories.
Yes, it absolutely fucking is. "Biden would start wars, Tulsi wouldn't" is straight up "Hillary the Hawk, Donald the Dove" bullshit completely repackaged. She is absolutely NOT an anti-imperialis as she was blasting Obama on Fox News in his second term over not being more aggressive in the middle east.

If having a massive bigot in charge of the country is a tradeoff you'd be willing to make in exchange for getting more government benefits, that's horrific.

Oct 25, 2017
Just like it was Ukrainian flase flag that shot down the passenger airliner, right?

The most damning thing besides the sat imagery showing the smoke of artillery fire, Assad's use of barrel bombs and starvation as weapons of war, is that Russian drones targeted hospitals treating gas victims and coordinated airstrikes for Assad and Russian aircraft of facilities treating victims of the gas attack.

People who carry water for Assad are vile people and shouldn't have a seat at the political table.

Jun 17, 2019
Yes, it absolutely fucking is. "Biden would start wars, Tulsi wouldn't" is straight up "Hillary the Hawk, Donald the Dove" bullshit completely repackaged. She is absolutely NOT an anti-imperialis as she was blasting Obama on Fox News in his second term over not being more aggressive in the middle east.

If having a massive bigot in charge of the country is a tradeoff you'd be willing to make in exchange for getting more government benefits, that's horrific.
Biden is an imperialist. Obama was an imperialist. Obama's military interventionism resulted in fucking slave markets popping up in Syria. Sorry that I actually give a damn about people in other countries, lib.

Neither of them should be president, but Biden is probably the worst option (and doesn't exactly have the cleanest record himself when it comes to racial and gender politics either) and you are also bending over backwards to apologize and deny liberal imperialism.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's no wonder that libertarians love her.

Frankly she'd almost be worse than Trump since she isn't a blathering idiot yet is still a Russian puppet.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's not a fake imperialist, and supporting Biden is excusing segregationist apologist, so yknow.
She is. Sorry that reality doesn't align with the bullshit image she puts out that some buy into because she supported Bernie in 2016.

"In short, when it comes to the war against terrorists, I'm a hawk," Gabbard said. "When it comes to counterproductive wars of regime change, I'm a dove."

It's a point she's repeated again and again. Responding to questions from Honolulu Civil Beat in 2012, Gabbard said that "the best way to defeat the terrorists is through strategically placed, small quick-strike special forces and drones — the strategy that took out Osama Bin Laden." She told Fox in 2014 that she would direct "the great military that we have" to conduct "unconventional strategic precise operations to take out these terrorists wherever they are." The same year, she told Civil Beat that military strategy must "put the safety of Americans above all else" and "utilize our highly skilled special operations forces, work with and support trusted foreign partners to seek and destroy this threat."
Before she became a progressive darling for endorsing Sanders, Gabbard became a conservative darling for relentlessly hawking the idea — later popularized by Trump — that Obama's foreign policy was failing because he refused to use the term "Islamic extremism," or some variation of it.

From 2014 onward, Gabbard appeared regularly on Fox News to lambast the Obama administration for avoiding the phrase. In one interview, she told the host that "the vast majority of terrorist attacks conducted around the world for over the last decade have been conducted by groups who are fueled by this radical Islamic ideology," a statement that may be technically true due to the violence and instability plaguing Middle Eastern countries, but is wildly misleading considering that non-Muslims make up the vast, vast majority of terrorist perpetrators in both Europe and the United States.

In the wake of the Charlie Hebdo shootings in January 2015, Gabbard complained on Fox News that by "not using this term 'Islamic extremism' and clearly identifying our enemies," the administration couldn't "come up with a very effective strategy to defeat that enemy." She told Neil Cavuto that "this isn't about one specific group," but about "this radical Islamic ideology that is fueling this," and that it needed to be defeated "militarily and ideologically." She characterized Obama's refusal to "recognize" the enemy as "mind-boggling" and "troubling."

And it wasn't just on Fox. Gabbard took her message to any network or outlet that would have her. On CNN, she called Kerry's refusal to use the term "unfortunate and disturbing." In an interview with the Hill, she stressed that radical Islam was at the heart of the problem, necessitating "a simultaneous ideological strategy" to defeat terrorists.

The Right was smitten. Breitbart ran article after article trumpeting her criticisms, and former US representative Allen West praised Gabbard for "dar[ing] to challenge Obama."

In February 2015, Gabbard had the chance to question Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency Vincent Stewart. She asked him (while clearly fishing for a particular answer) about the debate over "how this ideology, how this motivation, must be identified" and what "common elements" existed among different Islamic terrorist groups, including ISIS, al-Qaeda, and Boko Haram. She then went on Fox and reported that Stewart had "identified very clearly that it is this radical Islamic ideology that is fueling" these groups.

But Gabbard had heavily distorted what Stewart actually said. While he did call ISIS "a radical ideology that must be countered with a moderate ideology," he also pointed out that the common elements that had produced such groups were "ungoverned states, weak government institution, economic instability, poverty."

This was par for the course for Gabbard, who regularly used her TV appearances to brush off, even mock, alternative explanations for terrorism. After Kerry gave a speech at Davos stressing the importance of acknowledging the various drivers of extremism — noting that some extremist fighters "are lured by basic, material considerations" like "the promise of regular meals, a paycheck," while others are motivated by the chance "to escape boredom" and "be lured by a false sense of success" — Gabbard tore into him on CNN.

"This is completely missing the point," she said, calling it a "huge mistake" to think "that somehow, okay, well, look if we give them $10,000 and give them a nice place to live, that somehow they're not going to be engaged in this fighting." She cited Osama bin Laden as an example, a "multi-millionaire who left his mansions, went and lived in the desert because of this radical ideology." She reappeared on CNN a month later, denying that "if we just go in and alleviate poverty, if we go in and create jobs and increase opportunity," it would help solve the problem.

Naturally, it wasn't long before she appeared on Bill Maher's program, where the two bonded over their mutual distrust of "Islamic extremism" and their disagreement with Kerry's comments. After agreeing with Maher that it was "crazy" Obama didn't want to use the two magic words, Gabbard reiterated her point: "Give them a big house, give them a skateboard, send them on their way. You think that's going to solve the problem? It's not."

Gabbard's insistence that economic factors play no role in fostering extremism, and in fueling ISIS specifically, is belied by the facts. The group pays its recruiters thousands of dollars, and Hamas officers have explicitly outlined how the promise of money has drawn Gazans to ISIS. "Those in Syria often send pictures back home showing large banknotes to lure others out," one officer told journalist Sarah Helm.
Just like when she flipped on LGBT issues when she sought a more prominent House position, she flipflopped on the Iran deal in 2017.

Then there's 2015, the year of the Iran deal itself. Steve Bannon's Breitbart loved quoting the representative about her dire concerns over the agreement. The National Review also loved her for having "taken the administration to task over its recent rapprochement with Iran." She went on Fox News and appeared to agree with Greta Van Susteren that the deal was akin to the infamous Munich Pact.

When Iran's political rivals in the Gulf snubbed Obama at a planned Camp David summit in protest of the Iran Deal, Gabbard explained that their concern was "the same concern we all share." At the same time the pro-Israel lobbying group AIPAC was strategizing and spending tens of millions of dollars to defeat the agreement — to the point where Obama sent two of his aides to speak at that year's AIPAC conference to offer a counterpoint to its anti-Iran Deal programming — Gabbard was one of the speakersat the conference. (The content of the speech is nowhere to be found). Granted, it's a long list of speakers, but you won't find any other current Democratic front-runners who appear on it.

Gabbard will also stand out on the Democratic debate stage for having attended Netanyahu's fear-mongering March 2015 speech to Congress against the Iran Deal. At the time, Netanyahu's speech was viewed as a combination of personal insult to Obama, unprecedented foreign interference in US government policy, and an act of wrongheaded, aggressive foreign policy.

Dozens of Democrats boycotted the speech, including Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Raúl Grijalva, Keith Ellison, Barbara Lee — and again, even Beto O'Rourke. But Gabbard attended, afterwards releasing a statement saying that the speech "made clear that there is disagreement over how best to achieve" a non-nuclear-armed Iran, and that she was "cynical" that a "negotiated solution to this problem remains within the realm of possibility."

Two months later, Gabbard voted for the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015. It was a Republican-favored piece of legislation that gave the GOP-controlled Congress more power to derail the agreement, and was opposed by Obama, partly for that reason and partly for its potential to damage negotiations with Iran. Among other things, the bill introduced the requirement of mandatory presidential certification of Iranian compliance every ninety days, which Trump has continually dangled like a blade on a pendulum over Iran's leadership after taking office.

Biden is an imperialist. Obama was an imperialist. Obama's military interventionism resulted in fucking slave markets popping up in Syria. Sorry that I actually give a damn about people in other countries, lib.

Neither of them should be president, but Biden is probably the worst option (and doesn't exactly have the cleanest record himself when it comes to racial and gender politics either) and you are also bending over backwards to apologize and deny liberal imperialism.
And there it is. Supporting an Assad propagandist to own the libs.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
"Why won't you liberals give Tulsi and peace a chance?" /completely disingenuous Russia apologists across the web

Jun 17, 2019
She is. Sorry that reality doesn't align with the bullshit image she puts out that some buy into because she supported Bernie in 2016.

Just like when she flipped on LGBT issues when she sought a more prominent House position, she flipflopped on the Iran deal in 2017.

And there it is. Supporting an Assad propagandist to own the libs.
"She should never be president" = supporting her. Who would've guessed.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long before we find out she has a curious campaign finance stream from abroad? She's running as a spoiler to ravage the mess of candidates as was obvious from her debate performance which didn't even make the pretense of selling herself - just attacking others.

Maybe she really is just that person - I've never encountered anyone who supports her who wasn't also a troll or Hillary conspiracist.

Is anyone here a real fan who can explain her appeal?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long before we find out she has a curious campaign finance stream from abroad? She's running as a spoiler to ravage the mess of candidates as was obvious from her debate performance which didn't even make the pretense of selling herself - just attacking others.

Maybe she really is just that person - I've never encountered anyone who supports her who wasn't also a troll or Hillary conspiracist.

Is anyone here a real fan who can explain her appeal?
Well, she's got some sketchy campaign finance practices for sure-

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's in this only as a spoiler.
The problem is that she's going to be used to attack whoever the nominee is from the "left", just like chucklefucks like Michael Tracey did before they couldn't keep up the act anymore and started writing for places like The Federalist, pied-pipering as many as they could with them.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily we have a wide variety of candidates that are much better than her to choose from.

Oct 27, 2017
Always found her appearances on Intercepted to be very strange. At least she doesn't seem to stand much of a chance in 2020.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baseless Conspiracy time: one of her largest recent individual donors is Blue Owl LLC - itself a bizarrely enigmatic and mysterious tech startup :

Insurance experts have no clue what it's actually doing but the company itself claims to be focused on Data Science, Mobile Engineering and this one stood out like a sore thumb - "behavior design"

Again I got nothing but it sounds a lot like Trump's unusually competent Data mining associates at Cambridge Analytica. Blue Owl is connected to State Farm but is a separate business that seems to be oddly opaque.

Edit. Bizarre unrelated State Farm detail:

1993, Todd Hindin filed a lawsuit against State Farm for allegedly keeping a list of prominent Jewish lawyers referred to within State Farm as the "Jewish Lawyers List". Any claims made by clients of these attorneys were automatically forwarded to State Farm's fraud unit, purely on the basis of the religion and national origin of the lawyers. These claims would then be neither settled nor paid. State Farm initially claimed that this was not a matter of discrimination, but of coincidence. However, Dr. Frank Taylor (an experienced economist on retainer for the Appellants) discovered that despite the fact that the population of the states involved had Jewish populations between 2-5% of the total population, the list was composed of nearly 80% religiously or ethnically Jewish lawyers. Individuals who had worked for State Farm, including former Divisional Claim Superintendent Ron Middler, testified that the list was indeed used to discriminate against ethnic minorities. State Farm paid out $30 million to Todd Hindin and his clients for discrimination on the basis of religion and national origin.[36]

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What's with her and being this apologetic for Assad?
As far as I can tell what has actually happened here is after the last debate Anderson Cooper asked her about Assad and she clearly didn't have a prepared answer ready and when he pressed her all she had was "My Brothers and Sisters in the military" and frankly it made her look dumb.

Now she is doubling down as if she has some overarching agenda and it's making her look dumber.

Last edited:

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shes a homophobic dictator loving possible Russian shill. The fact that weird Mariananne Williamson is sucking up spotlight has allowed her to actually look like a serious candidate.