• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, people are trying to lighten Tulsi being a Russian asset which weakens what the Russian story. Hillary is telling us what we need to know.

Tulsi is a Russian Asset. That's the correct terminology. Hillary as Sc. of State is well aware of the fine grain meaning. Tulsi is a disingenuous politician who is either letting herself be manipulated or exploiting the oxygen it gives her for personal political gain. She supports Russia and Syria in direct and indirect ways, is a cult member - an avowed homophobe and an extremely odd person who demonstrates almost no liberal qualities or ideas and is at best a carpetbagger. I would not be surprised to discover she's knowingly taking help from foreign or domestic bad-actors, but it's irrelevant to the term "asset" and the term is appropriately applied, albeit unhelpfully in this climate. The irony of the asset accusation being used to activate and amplify the asset is not lost on me and won't be on Putin and the agencies he's applying to this. It's not paranoid. it's well documented and I can shelve that information and carry on encouraging people to vote and encouraging candidates to not play into this trash.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We absolutely did fall into a trap in 2016. But I don't want to go there again.

In any case, the takeaway should be this- that our democracy has some flaws, which Russia is actively exploiting, yes, so the answer is that we need to make structural changes. Abolish the electoral college, pack the courts, and grant DC and Puerto Rico statehood. Regulate social media platforms and break up tech monopolies. Overturn Citizens United. That would go a long way towards negating foreign interference.
Ah, victim blaming. Wonderful.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Tulsi is a Russian Asset. That's the correct terminology. She is a disingenuous politician who is either letting herself be manipulated or exploiting the oxygen it gives her for personal political gain. She supports Russia and Syria in direct and indeirtect ways, is a cult member - an avowed homophobe and an extremely odd person who demonstrates almost no liberal qualities or ideas and is at best a carpetbagger. I would not be surprised to discover she's knowingly taking help from foreign or domestic bad-actors, but it's irrelevant to the term "asset" and the term is appropriately applied, albeit unhelpfully in this climate. The irony of the asset accusation being used to activate and amplify the asset is not lost on me and won't be on Putin and the agencies he's applying to this. It's not paranoid. it's well documented and I can shelve that information and carry on encouraging people to vote and encouraging candidates to not play into this trash.
Yeah, I was pretty sure you were trolling with your first post in this thread, and now I'm certain.
Nope.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Nathan Robinson has a good take in The Guardian. I agree with him- Tulsi is bad in many ways and not deserving of support, but was right about Hillary.
All these people seem to be doing is calling Russian meddling and those that care about it "paranoia". Isn't that the point Clinton was making? People like Tulsi not only don't care, they actively deny it and don't care if they get boosted by bots and the like that are obviously Russian?

Like there isn't even really any substance to the article that I can see. Like what exactly are you agreeing with other than, Russia is all in Dem minds and had NOTHING to do with Clinton's loss. I mean we know it did, at least a bit.

Even the article admits Tulsi is a trash Democrat and the only point seems to be is to shit on Clinton about her stance on Russia influence.

"I wish Clinton would do something better with her free time". Yeah well I wish Tulsi would do better as an actual politician and not be bolstered by Russians and White Supremacists. There.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Nathan Robinson has a good take in The Guardian. I agree with him- Tulsi is bad in many ways and not deserving of support, but was right about Hillary.
Lol wtf is this garbage?

But it was typical Clinton. Paranoia about Russian influence has been ubiquitous among the Clinton set since 2016, in part because it helps to explain how the loss to Donald Trump wasn't really Clinton's fault. Liberals in the media like Rachel Maddow openly admit to having an obsession with Russia, and end up seeing the hands of Vladimir Putin on everything

There's no paranoia, the Russians reached out to help Donald Trump by hacking his political foes which Trump sought out. Even the GOP Senate admits this. Multiple times.

Hillary was right then and right now as has been evidenced multiple times in this thread.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Tulsi is not right about anything and people tacitly supporting her just to slam Hillary just shows how "feelings over what you see in front of you" dominate everything now.

Even that article says nothing but pushing aside evidence, And have you even watched Maddow's recent content about why Russia did what they did? Backed with documented evidence of this to show why Maddow is so interested in Russia?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi is not right about anything and people tacitly supporting her just to slam Hillary just shows how "feelings over what you see in front of you" dominate everything now.

Even that article says nothing but pushing aside evidence, And have you even watched Maddow's recent content about why Russia did what they did? Back with documented evidence of this to show why Maddow is so intreasted in Russia?

No one was right about Hillary

Not during Benghazi, Not during the Email Scandal, not during her entire life of Public service. The hate and boogeyman tactics against her is manufactured and now that she has been exonerated of wrongdoing multiple times over for all the scandals she has been accused of those who don't like her should reexamine how they came to those conclusions.

I know I did

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, victim blaming. Wonderful.

How many times has America done regime change in another sovereign nation? Or even installed their own puppet governments? America is a victim in the sense that an armed robber who has their own gun turned against them is a victim... Russia is using our own tools and systems against us.

All that said, we should take direct action to call out and negate Russian interference, of course! It has had a drastic and negative effect on us in just a few years. We should act on this. But in a measured way. Not like Clinton did, one of the most unpopular public figures in the country inserting herself into the 2020 race (and likely prolonging Gabbard's run, she will successfully fundraise off of this).

Lol yup, no public sentiment that could be exploited there. Good plan!

Foreign actors are using tech platforms to influence public sentiment. Why wouldn't we take steps to regulate those platforms and harden them against this kind of campaign? It's the most obvious solution. Warren is campaigning on this, even.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many times has America done regime change in another sovereign nation? Or even installed their own puppet governments? America is a victim in the sense that an armed robber who has their own gun turned against them is a victim... Russia is using our own tools and systems against us.

All that said, we should take direct action to call out and negate Russian interference, of course! It has had a drastic and negative effect on us in just a few years. We should act on this. But in a measured way. Not like Clinton did, one of the most unpopular public figures in the country inserting herself into the 2020 race (and likely prolonging Gabbard's run, she will successfully fundraise off of this).
And there it is. You don't care because you think we deserve it. Not all of us are like you and feel guilty or responsible for things that occurred that we had no control over and could not influence.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

What a ridiculous article.

Bullshit like this is what happens when the Democrats fail to educate the public about the Mueller report and fail to educate the american public in general about 2016 and then rely on hoping that 2020 corrects itself.

And some of you liberals on this site actually wanted to wait for 2020 and not make an effort to inform and educate the public because "moderates" and Trump's deplorable base don't care.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? No, that's not OK.

By this "we had it coming" line of thinking, people who are incarcerated for crimes deserve to be subjected to crimes themselves. And that's an incredibly fucked up lens through which to view perps and victims.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
What a ridiculous article.

Bullshit like this is what happens when the Democrats fail to educate the public about the Mueller report and fail to educate the american public in general about 2016 and then rely on hoping that 2020 corrects itself.

And some of you liberals on this site actually wanted to wait for 2020 and not make an effort to inform and educate the public because "moderates" and Trump's deplorable base don't care.
Didn't the Mueller report prove Russia was fake and Trump didn't collude? That's what I read on facebook...

I blame Mueller though for not taking a more bolder stance than saying " I can't say he didn't collude or obstuct justice, because it's not my job to do anything about it".

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Foreign actors are using tech platforms to influence public sentiment. Why wouldn't we take steps to regulate those platforms and harden them against this kind of campaign? It's the most obvious solution. Warren is campaigning on this, even.
A lot of people are going to intentionally not read the part where you say that we should negate and call out Russian interference.

update: NYT corrects reporting

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the Mueller report prove Russia was fake and Trump didn't collude? That's what I read on facebook...

I blame Mueller though for not taking a more bolder stance than saying " I can't say he didn't collude or obstuct justice, because it's not my job to do anything about it".

Yeah what a wimper

And clearly he wasn't only scratching the surface of the malfeasance in that 400 page report

Also this....

Last edited:

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Tulsi accused Hillary of being part of a secret cabal keeping her down1
The author in that article wasn't saying Tulsi was right about that. He was saying she was right about that Clinton represents an old way of thikning that should be ignored. Clinton represents a form of leadership that wasn't helpful for the country.

The author points out that while Tulsi is right in this aspect don't take this to mean she has good ideas in other ways because she is more of warmonger and even more accepting of torture than her public persona suggests.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And there it is. You don't care because you think we deserve it. Not all of us are like you and feel guilty or responsible for things that occurred that we had no control over and could not influence.

I'm not going to clutch my pearls and feign some kind moral outrage. I look at it from the perspective of someone who opposes American interventionism, and who always has. American intervention has been a net negative in the post-WW2 world. No, my motivation is outcomes. Russia intervention produced a terrible outcome by shifting the country in the direction of fascism, so I think we should take steps to counter it before things get any worse.

Wait what? No, that's not OK.

By this "we had it coming" line of thinking, people who are incarcerated for crimes deserve to be subjected to crimes themselves. And that's an incredibly fucked up lens through which to view perps and victims.

Show me the lie in what I said?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck lol

Gj NYT

Honestly if this was a misquote in a podcast we the public had also messed up in not noticing this ourselves.

And I'm saying this from the perspective of seeing blowups on gaming side that had a tonal shift a day later as people listened directly to podcasts and pinned down the time stamp that demonstrates written articles were wrong.

NYT definitely messed up but it's surprising we didn't catch on after several days of this drama.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Should have listened to the sourced podcast i suppose

Surprised Hillary sat on the false quote instead of correcting it

I suppose she was smart to hold off

Nothing she said afterwards would have changed anything.

They would then claim she was wrong instead of tone policing her if she corrected the media
You'd still have people falling on their swords on the Russian Asset angle. The grooming was their only deflection. And there's no doubt the GOP have been grooming Tulsi with her breitbart and fox news connections.

She groomed herself. If this wasn't a 30+ dem Hawaii seat she would run as a Republican.

She tics all the boxes

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I look forward to Bernie now coming out and saying he doesn't think the GOP is grooming Tulsi either, just to further this shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.