• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That definition is so loose that the entire media can be counted as a Trump asset by laundering his views.
The definition isn't that loose. Tulsi is propped up just like Trump was on Russian state media. She's propped up by Russian bots. She sucks up to Russia, tried to block the Magnitsky act, sucks up to Assad in Russia's favor, says Russia bombing people is good, etc. Like, this isn't one or two things.

This is ignoring the fact that she was raised in a cult and still worships the piece of trash anti-lgbt hateful bigot cult leader and is someone a campaign does not want to be seen as defending, don't you think?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i made a joke about it in the other thread, but honestly i really wish bernie hadn't gone down the ARE TROOPS bootlicker route to defend her, because it's like King i need you to know that ARE TROOPS are literally war criminals

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
So after doing some research correct me if I am wrong. Tulsi has.

-Met with Assad when no other US politician would.
-Said chemicals weapon attacks were false flags and our intelligence services were not correct.
-Supports isolationist foreign policy much like Trump that cedes power to Russia and China.
-Has tried to discredit teh primary election as corrupt, further undermining peoples faith in elections.
-Is supported on Russian state TV more than any other candidate with her polling numbers
-Gets widespread support from alt right and racist organizations.
-Doesn't condem all these groups.
-Neo-Nazi groups have taken credit for helping fund her campaign.
-Takes up the position that liberals sensor certain groups, supporting the attack of freedom of speech.

Seems to me like Clintons only mistake is making it sound like she is a Russian Agent, when in reality it seems they have taken interest in her because she is in line with their thinking. She's either a useful idiot or taking up policy positions on their behalf much like Trump. Meanwhile, her own policies are appealing to some of the worst in our society and racist groups think she is the best democrat to represent their views and push their agenda.

you are right.

sometimes people are just awful. not everything is Putin's doing. Tulsi just... sucks.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you are right.

sometimes people are just awful. not everything is Putin's doing. Tulsi just... sucks.
I mean, Putin has been amplifying Tulsi through state media and bots. She's probably not directing that bit, but it is happening. Kinda like how she was endorsed by David Duke, she might not be OK with being endorsed by him, but she is doing the right things to be endorsed by David Duke which definitely makes her an asset for his agenda in his eyes.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

-Said chemicals weapon attacks were false flags and our intelligence services were not correct.
-Supports isolationist foreign policy much like Trump that cedes power to Russia and China.
-Has tried to discredit teh primary election as corrupt, further undermining peoples faith in elections.
-Is supported on Russian state TV more than any other candidate with her polling numbers
-Takes up the position that liberals sensor certain groups, supporting the attack of freedom of speech.

Seems to me like Clintons only mistake is making it sound like she is a Russian Agent, when in reality it seems they have taken interest in her because she is in line with their thinking. She's either a useful idiot or taking up policy positions on their behalf much like Trump. Meanwhile, her own policies are appealing to some of the worst in our society and racist groups think she is the best democrat to represent their views and push their agenda.

Yeah she's a right wing crank and frankly it's incredible she is in such a Blue seat.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I mean, Putin has been amplifying Tulsi through state media and bots. She's probably not directing that bit, but it is happening. Kinda like how she was endorsed by David Duke, she might not be OK with being endorsed by him, but she is doing the right things to be endorsed by David Duke which definitely makes her an asset for his agenda in his eyes.

I mean buddy if they're giving it to you for free you'd be stupid not to take it lol (this goes both ways I guess)

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie has a real blind spot for the people who supported him last time around. I get he wants to be loyal to the people who helped him in 2016, but you have to be smarter then that. Needs to learn when to cut bait.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
ITT, we learn that being an "asset" doesn't mean that you've signed a contract with a pen dipped in the blood of your countrymen.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Gabbard is also very friendly with Modi and Hindu Nationalists (who has also endorsed Trump.)

Does this mean Tulsi is a Modi asset?

To whatever degree that matters, yes.

Tulsi's carrying water for a lot of bad people, an asset to all of them.

Again, asset doesn't mean agent. It means "person of value." Tulsi's been consistently valuable to Putin, whose actions are a lot more relevant to us in the US than Modi's.

Sep 14, 2019
Can someone quickly summarize what's been going on these last several days? Been a busy and stressful week for me and haven't been paying much attention.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017

To add:
"Now we all need to put aside our partisan interests and recognize that finding the president of the United States not guilty of conspiring with a foreign power to interfere with our elections is a good thing for America."

Called the characterization that some of her Democratic opponents are in favor of open borders "fair."

Days before she sided with impeachment
"The Hawaii representative maintained that impeachment will only deepen the "hyperpartisan divides," and argued that most people will only see it as another politically-motivated move by Democrats to oust Trump.

Prior to the release of transcript, Gabbard had similarly warned Democrats against launching an impeachment inquiry, saying such a move would be "terribly divisive.""

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean buddy if they're giving it to you for free you'd be stupid not to take it lol (this goes both ways I guess)
It does go both ways. Tulsi puts out Putin's talking points for free, which causes Putin to help her for free. There's a loop there. Which, whether she's trying to be or not, makes her an asset.

yall are genuinely funny with this dogshit
You really happy with Bernie associating himself with this piece of trash? I suppose it really doesn't matter what Bernie does for some people. At least not all Bernie supporters are that blindly loyal ITT.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
There's also the part about them grooming her for a third party run which implies much more than just being a useful idiot.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's also the part about them grooming her for a third party run which implies much more than just being a useful idiot.
Nah, the grooming is the bots and Russian State media prop up. Basically giving her free advertising so that she has the support and wacky base to run third party.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
It does go both ways. Tulsi puts out Putin's talking points for free, which causes Putin to help her for free. There's a loop there. Which, whether she's trying to be or not, makes her an asset.

You really happy with Bernie associating himself with this piece of trash? I suppose it really doesn't matter what Bernie does for some people. At least not all Bernie supporters are that blindly loyal ITT.
ill continue to criticize bernie when he actually does something bad. his gmo labeling stance and position of drug decriminalizing are dumb. he's running smooth otherwise

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
You're the one who said "thank you Bernie" for something he really shouldn't have said.
the only thing wrong with him saying this is that the gain he gets in respect from the tiny sliver of tulsi-adjacent people really isnt worth upsetting the russia-crazed wing of the dem party. its not expedient for him at all but since when has sanders given a fuck about expediency

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the only thing wrong with him saying this is that the gain he gets in respect from the tiny sliver of tulsi-adjacent people really isnt worth upsetting the russia-crazed wing of the dem party. its not expedient from him at all but since when has sanders given a fuck about expediency
"russia-crazed"

That's certainly an interesting way of putting investigations into our elections being compromised by a hostile foreign power.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
no one will remember the name Tulsi Gabbard in 2 months.

It would've been 2 weeks without bases HRC.

and Putin would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for Hillary "loses to Trump" Clinton

This is counter to my experience, where people I know I have started talking her up lately. She's been on the rise in the extremely Bernie circles I know.

Same group has also all started shittalking Warren.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
"russia-crazed"

That's certainly an interesting way of putting investigations into our elections being compromised by a hostile foreign power.
yeah no one doubts that happened but you've taken a cyber-security threat and made it into some dumbass new-wave McCarthyism that you wont see for what it is for at least another 15 years when they make documentaries about it

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
the only thing wrong with him saying this is that the gain he gets in respect from the tiny sliver of tulsi-adjacent people really isnt worth upsetting the russia-crazed wing of the dem party. its not expedient for him at all but since when has sanders given a fuck about expediency
Neither expedient or correct. On top of throwing up the troops signal.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

He could have just not commented. He's adding to the narrative that we ought not pay attention to stuff like this when we absolutely should be.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah no one doubts that happened but you've taken a cyber-security threat and made it into some dumbass new-wave McCarthyism that you wont see for what it is for at least another 15 years when they make documentaries about it
Oh so the past and potentially future election tampering across multiple fronts is just "a cyber-security threat"

ok

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
He could have just not commented. He's adding to the narrative that we ought not pay attention to stuff like this when we absolutely should be.
honestly man. i wish he didnt say shit. tulsi people are tiny and irrelevant and him sticking up for her is some dumb nice-guy bernie shit that he really doesnt need when running for prez

"It exists. But only for the people I don't like."
hey genius, the issue is ads and bot activity. not compromised politicians

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I mean nobody should be talking about Tulsi. She was headed for irrelevancy and wasn't going to qualify for the next debate.

If she had been allowed to falter and drop out organically and had run third party she'd have looked like a sore loser.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
honestly man. i wish he didnt say shit. tulsi people are tiny and irrelevant and him sticking up for her is some dumb nice-guy bernie shit that he really doesnt need when running for prez

imo you should be more concerned about the whole "she was a troop how dare anyone impugn the character of a troop" aspect of it, which i mean is pretty par for the course for american politicians but is also one of the worst aspects of american politicians

Status
Not open for further replies.