• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many conservatives love Tulsi because they know she'll leech votes from Democrats.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone defending Tulsi needs to take a step back, retire your Hilary Hate and look at directly at what Tulsi does and says. She's been an oddity. About Syria and chemical attack being a false flag, backed by Indian nationalist, saying Dems want open borders and other right wing talking points.

And then there's her homophobia and defending Trump by saying Muller report proves no collusion and wait until end of September to move in favor of impeachment.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
lC6yycw.png

Tulsi sucks, but HRC never drops her grudges.

God, the Clinton team was repulsive.

This weird little slap fight the last few days feels like it came from another universe, just utterly bizarre.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
So many conservatives love Tulsi because they know she'll leech votes from Democrats.
She wouldn't really though.

I think they like her because she says and believes in things they agree with along with her running ads on Breitbart and regularly going on Tucker Carlson's show. If Republicans like her it's because she's going out of her way to appeal to them.

Anyone defending Tulsi needs to take a step back, retire your Hilary Hate and look at directly at what Tulsi does and says. She's been an oddity. About Syria and chemical attack being a false flag, backed by Indian nationalist, saying Dems want open borders and other right wing talking points.

And then there's her homophobia and defending Trump by saying Muller report proves no collusion and wait until end of September to move in favor of impeachment.
Hey, there's only so many times you get to relieve 2016 without the risk of it affecting an actual election. Let them fight the witch again while taking weird potshots at gay slang.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She wouldn't really though.

I think they like her because she says and believes in things they agree with along with her running ads on Breitbart and regularly going on Tucker Carlson's show. If Republicans like her it's because she's going out of her way to appeal to them.
Tulsi fits the Apartheid Welfare state social con/econ redistribution liberal mold that Trump pretended to be that makes up a lot of swing voters.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
The most true tweet ever written:

"Tulsi's one political skill is recognizing that if you criticize the DNC the faction of people who think that the DNC is the greatest barrier to progressive change in the US will project their own politics onto you irrespective of any and all evidence to the contrary"

God DAMN if that tweet isn't the most true shit in the world....

Thanks for linking that. Its 100% true in every way. It's odd to watch too. They should put that Tweet in the OP so everyone can see it.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
as much as i'd like to try a nuanced point out here and say that people can be in fundamentalist faiths while rejecting the more problematic aspects of it (christianity and islam), this is the first im seeing this and yeah. youre right i guess. bad look lol
Just to make this clearer for anyone not willing to read up:
Unlike Koviak, Ranson and others who left, Tulsi Gabbard chooses as an adult to remain in SIF, devoted to Butler. She can be seen worshiping Butler in two video clips recently uploaded by a SIF member at a September 2018 kirtan, or devotional chant, gathering in Hawaii.

Gabbard has repeatedly praised Butler, who also goes by Kris Butler, Jagad Guru, Srila Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa, and Srila Prabhupad. She first publicly praised him as her "guru dev" in a 2015 video. She also praised Butler's "wonderful spiritual practice" in a November 2017 interview with The New Yorker and claimed she had "never heard him say anything hateful, or say anything mean about anybody."

Gabbard praised Butler again in a New York Times article published this August. "He's essentially like a Vaishnava Hindu pastor," she said. "And he's shared some really beautiful meditation practices with me that have provided me with strength and shelter and peace."

But in a lecture to his disciples on December 24, 2004, an excerpt of which is embedded below, Butler referred to homosexuals as "demons," called the ACLU a "demoniacally motivated group," complained about "fags kissing," and mocked Kwanzaa as a "phony holiday" started by "some black prisoner felon."

Also, some more summary of this cult:
It espouses that people shouldn't feel emotions, as it brings them further from God. So, parents in this cult will discipline their children for showing too much emotion, for feeling happy, etc. They'd also be forced to take their kids out of school to be home schooled and indoctrinated in the cult. The cult basically worshiped the ground that this asshole Kris Butler walked on.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Also, some more summary of this cult:
It espouses that people shouldn't feel emotions, as it brings them further from God. So, parents in this cult will discipline their children for showing too much emotion, for feeling happy, etc.

that's really sad and explains a lot about how gabbard carries herself in debates

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Gabbard capable though is what I'm sceptical of. Say she's the Green Party nominee is she going to be as or more effective than Stein?

Or if she's not the Green Party nominee is she going to split the third party vote? Dunno if anyone has polled this.
I don't see how she could do worse than Stein, is my point. Stein is just as batshit as she is.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
lC6yycw.png

Tulsi sucks, but HRC never drops her grudges.

That email is ridiculous for the assertion that Bernie had "very few accomplishments." He's well-known for working with Democrats and Republicans alike in Congress, and he's often known for not putting his name on bills that he played a hand in. His reasoning is that by having Republicans on the bill, it would increase the chances of the bills being passed. He has been responsible for many bills. It's simply dishonest to say that he has done very little. God, you know, I will never have respect for Hillary and her campaign team. I dislike Tulsi, but I dislike Hillary even more, so I say, let them fight. Hopefully they can cancel each other out, and good riddance.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I don't see how she could do worse than Stein, is my point. Stein is just as batshit as she is.

She'd probably need to get started soon apparently the Green Party has had several debates already and she'd need to decide in the near future if she's gonna hang in and remain a Democrat (and run for her seat in Hawaii again).

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Tulsi claims she's taking her campaign all the way to the convention which would eliminate her from being able to run on the Green Party ticket. Whether she is being honest remains to be seen.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
God, the Clinton team was repulsive.

This weird little slap fight the last few days feels like it came from another universe, just utterly bizarre.

You think Team Bernie didn't hold grudges?

Why are you confused why this? Do you know who Tulsi is?

Is Gabbard capable though is what I'm sceptical of. Say she's the Green Party nominee is she going to be as or more effective than Stein?

Or if she's not the Green Party nominee is she going to split the third party vote? Dunno if anyone has polled this.

In the past she shut down Jimmy Dore trying to convince her to run third party, she sounded sane in that conversation that how much Dore has lost it.

That email is ridiculous for the assertion that Bernie had "very few accomplishments." He's well-known for working with Democrats and Republicans alike in Congress, and he's often known for not putting his name on bills that he played a hand in. His reasoning is that by having Republicans on the bill, it would increase the chances of the bills being passed. He has been responsible for many bills. It's simply dishonest to say that he has done very little. God, you know, I will never have respect for Hillary and her campaign team. I dislike Tulsi, but I dislike Hillary even more, so I say, let them fight. Hopefully they can cancel each other out, and good riddance.

Frankly, it's bizarre you'd hate a liberal over a conservative in this situation. I'm not saying you have to like Hillary, but Gabbard would be far worse in power. As well as the fact Hillary isn't running in this election, while Gabbard is. Gabbard is worse than Hillary in eery conceivable measure, you're taking Bernie's loss too personally.

Last edited:

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You think Team Bernie didn't hold grudges?

Why are you confused why this? Do you know who Tulsi is?

In the past she shut down Jimmy Dore trying to convince her to run third party, she sounded sane in that conversation that how much Dore has lost it.

Everybody holds grudges, but Clinton and her people are next level petty.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Everybody holds grudges, but Clinton and her people are next level petty.

I don't see any of them refusing to vote for the Democrats over it, while Team Sanders employed two people who did that and rehired them for this election (Nina Turner and Briahna Joy Gray). Thats next level, not framing Bernie as though he has smaller accomplishments.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
??? again, not the same thing. I have just as much criticism for the sorts of people who fixate on the anti-LGBT positions she doesn't even hold anymore when she holds hawkish political stances right now. Not to mention a huge number of these same people couldn't give less of a shit about some of their favorite generic democrat's bigotry against queer people less than five years ago.

Is She?

There so many things you can get this woman on and you pick the worst fucking arguments i swear to god

IT'S MY TIME TO SHINE

lol, talk about white washing shit.

Now, 99% of the time Jacobin is a joke, but this is actually a decent article regarding Tulsi

1) She fucking met with Assad while he was gassing his own people. She keeps parroting Russian/Syrian talking points.

2) Supports gay rights? She's been constantly supporting and openly been anti-LGBT for years. And this isn't "I support Civil Union but not Marriage" 90's "anti-LGBT" that people love to throw around, this is straight up bigotry. She keeps saying she's changed (but has been on record of not actually having changed personal views, see below), but there is nothing indicating she has actually changed her mind outside of the fact that being an open bigot in the Democratic party, which she is only a member of because Hawaii's GOP party is DOA, is politically suicide.

Early in her career, Gabbard took after her father. She opposed abortion and supported a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman. After Honolulu Magazine emailed her father to ask about his former ties to a conservative Hare Krishna splinter group for a 2004 profile, it was Gabbard who replied angrily, accusing the magazine of "acting as a conduit for The Honolulu Weekly and other homosexual extremist supporters of Ed Case [her father's opponent]."

The same year, she used her platform as a state representative to testify against civil unions, calling the claim that they were different from same-sex marriage "dishonest, cowardly, and extremely disrespectful to the people of Hawaii," who had voted in favor of Constitutional Amendment 2 in 1998, empowering the legislature to withhold marriage from same-sex couples.

"As Democrats, we should be representing the views of the people, not a small number of homosexual extremists," she said at the time.

3) She's only well known because she backed Sanders, and in 2016 Sanders didn't have many allies in the Democratic party because, shockingly, when you spend your entire campaign calling the party your running for corrupt who are trying to sabotage your campaign you don't get that many friends. So when you don't have many friends, you take the ones you can get.

4) The alt-right fucking loves her for obvious reasons from the examples I stated above with her very right wing social conservatism and Islamophobia. She has advertisements on fucking Breitbart, goes on Fox News all the time to talk to her friend, Tucker white supremacist Carlson

Yet the starry-eyed anointment of Gabbard has obscured the more unsavory aspects of her politics — so unsavory, in fact, that White House adviser Steve Bannon has reportedly spoken well of her. From her vigorous opposition to the Iran nuclear deal to her obsession with "radical Islam" to her love for the far-right Indian leader Narendra Modi, Gabbard is far from the progressive hero many assume her to be.

And if you think her views have "changed" and she has done some type of "progressive" progress? She admitted in an interview that her personal views have not changed.

Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory — the military. It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government "imposing its will" on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)

5) She's not actually anti-interventionist. Her concern for "expansion" of the US armed forces into places like Syria/Iraq are out of concern for US soldiers, her compassion stops there. She's on record for being against the Iran deal (hmmmm I wonder why)

Another reason Gabbard started receiving applause from the Right was her very public skepticism of the Iran deal.

The Obama administration may have continued much of the Bush approach to the "war on terror," but it at least recognized the value of diplomacy. Not Gabbard, however, who told Fox News she was "cynical" toward the pact, and agreed with host Greta van Susteren that it was akin to Neville Chamberlain's infamous Munich agreement with Hitler in 1938.

But Gabbard is less discerning when autocrats aren't motivated by "radical Islam." In November 2015, she traveled to Egypt as part of a congressional delegation and met Egyptian dictator Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, part of an effort to strengthen US-Egypt relations. Sisi may be a blood-soaked tyrant who's killed hundreds of Egyptians and imprisoned many thousands more, but as Gabbard made clear at the time, he's tough where it counts.

"President el-Sisi has shown great courage and leadership in taking on this extreme Islamist ideology, while also fighting against ISIS militarily to keep them from gaining a foothold in Egypt," Gabbard said, urging US political leaders to "recognize President el-Sisi and his leadership" and "stand with him in this fight against . . . Islamic extremists." Some of the Sisi government's fantastic accomplishments in this fight include killing a group of Mexican tourists and quite possibly torturing and murdering an Italian PhD student.

Huh, strange that she keeps meeting with fucking dictators who are murdering their own people when it's about "Islamist Extremism"

Not to mention her love of Modi

But most appalling was his role in the 2002 anti-Muslim riots in the western state of Gujarat, which left one thousand people dead, nearly eight hundred of whom were Muslims. Modi was the state's chief minister at the time and has long been accused of allowing the riots to happen, with a former senior police officer testifying in 2011 that Modi said the night before the riots that Muslims needed to be taught a lesson.

Despite all of this, Gabbard has been one of Modi's most prominent boosters in the US. "He is a leader whose example and dedication to the people he serves should be an inspiration to elected officials everywhere," she said of Modi in 2014.

When a congressional panel was held in April 2014 on "the plight of religious minorities in India," with witnesses testifying about the mistreatment of Muslims, Gabbard said she didn't "believe the time of this hearing is a coincidence" and that it aimed to "influence the outcome of India's national elections." Gabbard voted against House Resolution 417, which criticized India's record on religious violence and called for specific measures to guarantee religious freedom in the country, explaining that its passage wouldn't help US-India relations. Yet two years later, Gabbard introduced a similar resolution that covered neighboring Muslim-majority Bangladesh, saying she was "particularly concerned over issues of religious freedom, and specifically, attacks against minority Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, and others" in the country.

And if you think her views have "changed" and she has done some type of "progressive" progress? She admitted in an interview that her personal views have not changed.

Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory — the military. It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government "imposing its will" on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, it's bizarre you'd hate a liberal over a conservative in this situation. I'm not saying you have to like Hillary, but Gabbard would be far worse in power. As well as the fact Hillary isn't running in this election, while Gabbard is. Gabbard is worse than Hillary in eery conceivable measure, you're taking Bernie's loss too personally.

I don't like corporatist neoliberals and I don't like American conservatives. Let's just say I dislike them both, and I'll leave it at that.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I don't like corporatist neoliberals and I don't like American conservatives. Let's just say I dislike them both, and I'll leave it at that.

You may dislike both but its clear you're hating one more than the other here. You think President Hillary would be bad (from your perspective), President Tulsi would be Trump 2.0. Please stop with this "neoliberal" silliness.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
You may dislike both but its clear you're hating one more than the other here. You think President Hillary would be bad (from your perspective), President Tulsi would be Trump 2.0. Please stop with this "neoliberal" silliness.

It doesn't really matter. A President Clinton is not happening, nor is a President Gabbard. Both of them are sending out unneeded noise. It's stupid drama.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I think a key difference here is Democrats won't be running a candidate this time around with Hillary's unfavorables.

Gabbard would be more dangerous as a third party candidate than Stein. She's a sitting democrat and has alot of loyal bernie supporters at her back, Ninja Turner, Yang, and Beto have all defended her on twitter.

It doesn't matter how popular the democratic nominee is because her message is that any democratic is bad, the DNC is corrupt, and the primary was rigged.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Why did Jack, ceo of twitter like this tweet

5kTk0Jz_d.jpg

more proof he is asshole?

I sense a pattern
CiW4sXk_d.jpg

this might tell us why he doesn't ban trump or republicans on twitter who are outright bigoted, seems to be Jack Dorsey follows the Glenn Greenwald world of thought

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

5kTk0Jz_d.jpg

I sense a pattern
CiW4sXk_d.jpg

this might tell us why he doesn't ban trump or republicans on twitter who are outright bigoted, seems to be Jack Dorsey follows the Glenn Greenwald world of thought
He maxed out his donation to Tulsi. He is indeed the problem.

Nov 1, 2017
Serving ones country abroad shouldn't mean they're entitled to free passes. The person can still be full of shit and deserved being called out as such.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It doesn't really matter. A President Clinton is not happening, nor is a President Gabbard. Both of them are sending out unneeded noise. It's stupid drama.

Of course the context matters when we're discussing your opinion of both of these people. It was a theoretically exercise, which you're dodging because we both know who'd be worse as president. Then again, I may be misreading you - perhaps you do think Tulsi being president would be more viable than Hillary. This was political theatre made to knock Tulsi out of the race long term, and sabotage her political career. I don't think doing that was a waste of effort. The sooner Tulsi retires from politics the better.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

5kTk0Jz_d.jpg

I sense a pattern
CiW4sXk_d.jpg

That makes me curious, how many of Nina's political opinions match Tulsi's? This is concerning, since Nina is closer to Bernie than Tulsi is.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

So now Crooked Hillary is at it again! She is calling Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard "a Russian favorite," and Jill Stein "a Russian asset." As you may have heard, I was called a big Russia lover also (actually, I do like Russian people. I like all people!). Hillary's gone Crazy!

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary doing us all a service by letting us know what other bottom-feeders stand in solidarity with everyone's favorite cultist

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Bracing myself for disappointment over Warren and Bernie's response to the whole Russian asset Tulsi debacle when/if they're forced to address it, while also desperately hoping they come through. 😩

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Bracing myself for disappointment over Warren and Bernie's response to the whole Russian asset Tulsi debacle when/if they're forced to address it, while also desperately hoping they come through. 😩
Warren hasn't gone negative on anyone yet, so I don't imagine she will go negative here even if she should.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine telling the person who lost to a Russian agent in the last election not to publicly voice concern about another individual being utilized by Russia in the next one.
Yeah, the endless posts calling this "fear mongering" or "McCarthyism" feels tone-deaf when Donald Trump is president.

less

Oct 25, 2017

I'm hoping for Warren to at least not issue any comment.

I'm afraid Bernie will support Tulsi even though it would be better for him to say nothing.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Serving ones country abroad shouldn't mean they're entitled to free passes. The person can still be full of shit and deserved being called out as such.
One may even make the argument that military service is just as much an indicator of poor character as good character, considering what the organization is responsible for in the past two decades.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
"Ichthyosaurus, post: 25615174, member: 51260"]
Warren should be ok, Bernie will likely ignore Tulsi like he always does then take a photo with her.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.