• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
I'd rather the candidates not waste time talking about it while campaigning in the primaries. Leave it to the congressional dems.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Well while I'm not against giving up on impeachment I do find just giving on seeing info we paid for as disturbing.

I'll never vote for a quitter like this.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Everyone who was accurately calling out russiagate(who were not partisan trump hacks just trying to protect him of course) as a transparent media and political distraction should have some patience. There are people who have invested a lot of themselves into this collusion thing for various reasons.

I am at the point where i am not going to mock anyone on that train, that was only fun for about a day. If people want to see the full report to fully let go of this nonsense, that's fine. Its not like its not coming out(they said april? can anyone correct me if i'm wrong?), so we won't have to deal with it for much longer.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
im actually pretty interested in the obstruction Tulsi, but thanks

honestly this is one of the fascinating things about the report and investigation: it uncovered a lot of corruption in the Trump administration (which we know because of the folks who pled guilty to charges that resulted from the investigation), and a lot of folks who talk a big game about corruption, or government transparency, or whatever, seem completely uninterested in seeing the report.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for this homophobic turd to be primaried and lose her seat.

Wonder if she'll run as an independent to be this cycle's Jill Stein.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The fair lighting with flowing wind just to film some video acting like your above the partisan bickering is nauseating

Oct 28, 2017
I dont know much about her so forgive my ignorance but nothing in that video seems wrong or incorrect. What am I missing?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Just more evidence that she's more of a contrarian and opportunist than someone who actually takes a principled stand against corruption and injustice when it's right out in the open. Remember: Tulsi is not your friend.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
giphy.gif

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
just to be clear, you guys think the report is miss representing Mullers findings and think there is still a chance of Trump going down for collusion or other crimes? Because if you do, I think you're efforts are miss allocated, the real fight is 2020 now, that is where all your energies should be.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
The only thing Tulsi is good for is easily spotting the self-proclaimed progressives who aren't worth talking to when they support her and Bernie in the same breath.

Finalrush

Dec 7, 2017
just to be clear, you guys think the report is miss representing Mullers findings and think there is still a chance of Trump going down for collusion or other crimes? Because if you do, I think you're efforts are miss allocated, the real fight is 2020 now, that is where all your energies should be.
No, the report has evidence for obstruction (as Barr stated) and very likely many more damning details.

That's what we're trying to get. There's also a possibility Barr misrepresented the findings (not having enough evidence is not the same as no evidence). Maybe he didn't. We won't know unless congress can get the full report.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

do you think it wouldn't be beneficial to have a 200 page report full of dirt and details on the crimes that trump's close associates pled guilty to?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I think we can make a full determination once the American people have access to the report.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's almost like everyone that seems to have questionable ties to Russia has constant shit takes on anything related to Russia.

There's potentially a huge amount of damning information which perhaps didn't rise to the level of criminal charges out of Mueller, but could paint as clear as day the picture of Trump being compromised in any number of ways. Nobody should lose sight of 2020, but the idea that this fuckery can stand is asinine. No, we shouldn't just let this go.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Barr has no credibility, covering up Republican administrations is what he does.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Barr memo is strictly accurate in that Mueller concluded his investigation into Russian interference and obstruction of justice and did not find the evidence necessary to bring a criminal indictment on the collusion question and deferred judgement on the obstruction question. That leaves room for a whole range of things from "actually this was a huge misunderstanding, you can relax now" to "people did some bad shit but I couldn't bring a charge because those things weren't strictly illegal or I didn't have enough evidence to prove it in court". And re: obstruction, even if a court would agree with Barr's opinion that a president by definition cannot commit the crime of obstruction of justice by using his presidential powers, that doesn't mean it can't be an abuse of his office. Why in the world would we want to memory hole everything we've learned in the past two years without seeing the report simply because of a top-line conclusion of "no indictments"? I don't think it was likely that the Russia investigation would sink him even in the worst-case scenario, but finding the truth is kind of important and we shouldn't ignore corruption just because there are other things that need attention, too.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
do you think it wouldn't be beneficial to have a 200 page report full of dirt and details on the crimes that trump's close associates pled guilty to?

No I think you guys are heartbroken right now and are grasping that something will come out of this report, and just setting yourselves up for more heartbreak. I absolutely believe the report should be public, but I'm worried all of you hoping for something that likely isn't as clear cut as you all are hoping for. What's the best that will happen, he's not getting impeached.

At this point it actually seems like this whole thing has made him MORE popular. It's kinda scary.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
No I think you guys are heartbroken right now and are grasping that something will come out of this report, and just setting yourselves up for more heartbreak. I absolutely believe the report should be public, but I'm worried all of you hoping for something that likely isn't as clear cut as you all are hoping for. What's the best that will happen, he's not getting impeached.

Why are you giving Barr any credibility?

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
The thing is that no one has seen the report. All we have is a short interpretation (that includes no more than 4 partial sentences quoted from the full 300+page report) which was written by a partisan who believes the president should be above the law. He even came out to clarify that what he wrote shouldn't be interpreted as a "summary" of the report. I think people are right to be skeptical until the full report is out.

More over, I do not see why one cannot be invested in the 2020 election and advocate for more transparency in this regard.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

At this point it actually seems like this whole thing has made him MORE popular. It's kinda scary.

what do you think we'll all mix a big batch of kool aid after the report comes out?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

i mean, i literally never expected any actual charges of collusion, but I think it'd be good to be able to cite a report on all the times people in Trump's administration broke the law, which they literally did and several have even pled guilty to doing.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you giving Barr any credibility?

Seriously, the guy wrote a 19 page memo about why the special counsels investigation was bullshit. That a President cannot obstruct justice.

Then decides, on his own, that the President didn't obstruct justice. After one month on the job and "reading" a 400 page report... in 48 hours.

Why do we give this guy an ounce of credibility?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Because if he outright lied or misrepresented the report, we'd already be hearing from Muller or a reporesentative. Barr can't burry it, as Muller is still a feee citizen who could call him out if he miss represented the report.

Mueller isn't Comey, he's not going to say anything. It's not in his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.