• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Germany takes a tougher stance and is willing to endure the consequences.
Germany tried it's best to force the EU 27 to look for a unified solution for the refugee crisis. I didn't work, nobody outside of like Sweden wanted to take people in.

It's not Germany's responsibility to " endure the consequences" when it's gone above and beyond what almost literally anybody else did.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...inst-turkey-if-pastor-not-freed-idUSKBN1KZ25M

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is warning more economic pressures may be in store for Turkey if it refuses to release a jailed American pastor, a White House official said on Tuesday, in a dispute that has further strained relations between the NATO allies.

The White House official, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said "nothing has progressed" thus far on the Brunson case.

"The administration is going to stay extremely firm on this. The president is 100 percent committed to bringing Pastor Brunson home and if we do not see actions in the next few days or a week there could be further actions taken," the official said.

Further actions would likely take the form of economic sanctions, the official said, who added: "The pressure is going to keep up if we're not seeing results."

I don't really understand why they just don't release the Pastor. Your entire economy is at risk of collapsing.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017