• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Spend all this money on our military just to sit on our ass while our allies bleed. Fuck. This is the worst thing trump has done and that's a steep hill to climb.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And didn't trunp loosely state that turkey or whomever else knows better to attack them because we could blow them up? Or he'd destroy turkey's economy again?
You have to read between the lines in that tweet. He didn't say that he'd hurt Turkey's economy if it attacked the Kurds. He said he'd attack their economy if Turkey did "anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider off limits". He won't balk at them bombing the fuck out of the Kurds and engineering a humanitarian crisis. All part of the plan.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
we need to send the military and push Turkey out. Congress needs to pass a resolution NOW. those poor people.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Chilling.

It is absurd for the YPG but the PKK *is* a terrorist organization.

Not even Turkey recognizes PKK as a terrorist organisation. Army recognizes them as a legit political party and an illegal rebel group. That's why they negotiate peace and ceasefire with them all the time. You can't negotiate with terrorists, Turkish Constitution bans that shit.

Not to mention they recognize Ocalan as de facto party leader and make official visits to his prison cell to make those negotiations.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Trump was always going to get a lot of innocent people ruined and killed if he was voted in, just another great example of it.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
God I fucking hate the US state so fucking much. This is not the first time they've betrayed the Kurds and it will not be the last.

The only mass democratic project in the middle east is about to be barbarically wiped out because a mentally deficient orange charlatan with a god complex wills it so. This is an atrocity.

Then the next president will take office, wait on it long enough for more corpses to pile so that the disaster capitalists can swoop in when the situation is at its worst. AmeriKKKan defense contractors need those bonuses I suppose

I'm sure republicans will pen a strongly worded letter

Nope, just a mildly worded 'I'd really rather you didn't' sealed in kisses and delivered by a congregation of the senate's finest republican bootlickers and lapdogs, and repackaged by Fox to make it look like they have a spine.

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Congress is out of town until next week. Also it's too late at this point.

Oh so he waited until congress couldnt do anything about it?!

FUCK THAT FUCKING FUCK CUNT MOTHER FUCKER. Fucking people are dying...fuck i fucking hate him. i hate anyone who supports him and i fucking hate anyone who voted for him. FUCK

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so he waited until congress couldnt do anything about it?!

FUCK THAT FUCKING FUCK CUNT MOTHER FUCKER. Fucking people are dying...fuck i fucking hate him. i hate anyone who supports him and i fucking hate anyone who voted for him. FUCK
Pretty much. His next move is to withdraw us from the open skies treaty to please Papa Putin

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Like others have said, this is something Erdogan has been itching for for a while. That they were ready at a moments notice tells you that the only thing preventing them from doing it until now was the United States' stance on the matter.

Erdogan speaks with Trump on the phone and then boom, they attack immedietly. Fucking disgusting.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This could actually be what steamrolls impeachment. it shows hes unfit for office. 100%

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
This is a signal that should be heard all around the world, by the way. The US has done dirty to its allies in a number of occasions, but never this badly or this publicly.

Anybody trusting on America for their security should start moving towards self-sufficiency at full speed.
Wouldn't the more likely outcome for such countries be to align themselves with other superpowers to guarantee security in exchange for...well, whatever China/Russia ask for?

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
It will be incredible if this doesn't go into a domino of conflicts in the long term now that US has lost any kind of respect they had left.
Taiwan is far too much for China to chew on without rocking the world's economy and Russia is in no shape to pull another stunt, but frankly, a lot of countries in rough neighbourhoods should be really concerned.

This will trascend Trump. America is no longer a rock.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure we (UK) had hundreds of special forces in the area fighting alongside the Kurds. Makes you wonder if the US coordinated fully with UK authorities to get them out of harm's way beforehand. I mean, on the grand scale of things they make up a small number of people, but dropping bombs on UK soldiers could escalate things somewhat.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Prob gonna get warned for this. .but fuck it.

i hope he dies. I hope he dies tomorrow. fuck him. fuck his existance. fuck anyone who voted for him. Im purging anyone even remotely supportin gtrump out of my life as of today. im done. fuck this shit.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan is far too much for China to chew on without rocking the world's economy and Russia is in no shape to pull another stunt, but frankly, a lot of countries in rough neighbourhoods should be really concerned.

This will trascend Trump. America is no longer a rock.

Yeah, I wasn't talking specifically about Taiwan and Baltic's but there are a lot of regions around the world where there is that one tougher crazier neighbour ready to go to war like Turkey here.

massivekettle

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Trump's withdrawal orders are ridiculously shortsighted, but why aren't Europeans rushing to fill the gap instead of complaining about the US' withdrawal?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
is there nothing we can do about this?!

Congress can, but they won't. The House might eventually actually impeach Trump, but the Senate is Republican controlled and will likely not impeach him. Yes, even after this shitty move by Trump.

As long as the Republicans hold power our government is broken, and at the mercy of the treasonous criminal idiot Trump.

Short of Congress actually doing their job, our only other course of action is to revolt and overturn our government. Which won't happen because too much of America is apathetic to things outside our borders.

In short, no, we really can't do anything of any consequence. :(

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure we (UK) had hundreds of special forces in the area fighting alongside the Kurds. Makes you wonder if the US coordinated fully with UK authorities to get them out of harm's way beforehand. I mean, on the grand scale of things they make up a small number of people, but dropping bombs on UK soldiers could escalate things somewhat.

Trump had a phone call with Erdogan. Erdogan told him to stand aside. Then the announcement came. This all happened in a very short time. If there are indeed UK forces there, then they'd better have moved out very quickly.

Prob gonna get warned for this. .but fuck it.

i hope he dies. I hope he dies tomorrow. fuck him. fuck his existance. fuck anyone who voted for him. Im purging anyone even remotely supportin gtrump out of my life as of today. im done. fuck this shit.

Pretty sure that kind of statement is okay here. You just can't say that you're going to do it yourself; that's a big no-no, and you'd risk a knock on the door from the Secret Service. They don't take that kind of thing lightly.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Trump's withdrawal orders are ridiculously shortsighted, but why aren't Europeans rushing to fill the gap instead of complaining about the US' withdrawal?
Missing quite a bit there. British and French special forces were already there assisting the Kurdish. Trump sold them out too, even if they can retreat.

America pulling out was giving Turkey the green light to bomb the Kurdish. The horse has bolted out. No country will come to their support now because it's a non starter.

No, to fulfill the same role as the US, that is to act as buffer between Turkey and Syria, and to safeguard ISIS prisons.
There's no buffer anymore. Turkey is already moving in and bombing the front lines. The only thing preventing this was American presence. Once done away, Turkey was free to move in.

Last edited:

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Sickening, with my usernam I have gotten a lot of wonderful Kurds reach out to be over the years, despite not being Kurdish myself.

What is going on is despicable