• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
The value of an American promise is basically nothing now.

Sadly, our track record for following through with people in the Middle East that have proffered us assistance, from fighters to translators and drivers, has been historically abysmal.
Syrian Kurds have left a huge amount of blood in those sands to help in the routing of ISIS, thousands upon thousands of lives in the democratic force, and we're leaving them to die.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely heart breaking. The Kurds don't deserve this. I cannot blame them at all now if they hate us. We are so the bad guys.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tragic. All the lives lost and one of the greatest experiments in modern democracy left to die.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Turkey attacking? (I know "why", I want to know what's their excuse)

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Elections have consequences. Not that I think most american voters care one bit about their allies abroad, tbh.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Question - why is turkey invested in kurds not in Turkey? I thought their issue was kurds wanting their own state.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Question - why is turkey invested in kurds not in Turkey? I thought their issue was kurds wanting their own state.

Because the Kurdish state crosses not insignificantly into Turkish land, because a large portion of Turkeys population is Kurdish. And so Turkey considers the entire Kurdish state a threat.

kurdistan-map.png

That and the conflicts between Turkey and Kurdish groups have a death toll of around 40,000 so it's not some minor disagreement.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So Turkey, Syria, and Russia team up together. Sounds like a nice, healthy way to start a story. Surely, no atrocities are about to happen.

Classing PKK/YPG as terrorists when they have been doing everyone else's work fighting IS. It's absurd and absolutely fucking vile that we are leaving our allies to be demolished.

Well, we know where the next generation of terrorists are coming from in 10-20 years. :) Thanks US.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Is there nothing we can do to prevent this tragedy? What the fuck? Where is congress in all this?

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Republicans" this "GOP" that, "Trump's presidency", stop using those words to separate yourself from the reality that these actions represent every american.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
im fucking shaking with anger right now. those poor people...congress needs to override this NOW

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
So how did this happen?

The furor over the decision to pull U.S. troops out of northeastern Syria began late Sunday night with a poorly conceived White House statement about an ominous telephone conversation between President Trump and the Turkish president.

The results have been rapid and remain unpredictable — and, in the view of critics, amount to the abandonment of America's Syrian Kurdish allies to a massive Turkish military assault.

As allies and regional actors try to unscramble the president's conflicting statements, Erdogan's government has remained on message, insisting that the invasion is a certainty and that its target, the SDF, is an imminent threat to Turkey's national security.

Sabah, a Turkish newspaper that is close to Erdogan's government, published a report Tuesday describing how the battle might unfold. It said Turkish armed forces would wait for the full withdrawal of U.S. troops before commencing any operation. Warplanes and howitzers would pound enemy positions, and then Turkish troops would enter Syria from several points along the border, east of the Euphrates River.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Congress can't override it really. Trump isn't technically doing anything he's actually not doing anything which is the problem. And as CiC that's his right.

yes actively telling our military not to interfere. Thats wrong. Those people are dying cause of this action.

fuck his right!!! those are innocent people

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Russia and Assad easily get that land back and Turkey kills a bunch of Kurds.

How many times does Trump need to be called on his bluff before he realize nobody believe his threats anymore?