• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I don't know how many of you listen to Sam Seder's show, but he had an anonymous caller ring in, who came across as incredibly articulate and credible, almost to the point of being an insider, who claims that there is no way ISIS prisoners will be released by the Kurds, and will simply be executed. I mean, it makes perfect sense from a tactical viewpoint to do that, and even if you accept them as the scourge they are, that is a terrifying number of deaths already.

This is pretty good. Esp the parts about the resignations.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
"Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial and/or religious groups from a given territory by a more powerful ethnic group, often with the intent of making it ethnically homogeneous.[1][page needed] The forces applied may be various forms of forced migration (deportation, population transfer), intimidation, as well as genocide and genocidal rape."

The area is inhabited by Kurds since centuries. Moving 3.6 million people in that are would totally change the ethnic composition of that area even assuming that genocide won't happen.

Not even disscusing the huge potential for conflict for the land there. It would be a new Israel-Palestina type of issue in an already high risk area.

Plus nobody asked the 3.6 million people if they want to live in an area they never were.
Thanks for clarifying. What you are saying makes sense, but syria's liberation needs to start somewhere. In my mind a syrian was a syrian and I just naively assumed kurdish and arab syrians considered each other on the same side of this tragedy. I wish they would all just work together. In my mind 4 million refugees going back to liberate their country bit by bit sounded better than what seems to be the reality. Oh well

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for clarifying. What you are saying makes sense, but syria's liberation needs to start somewhere. In my mind a syrian was a syrian and I just naively assumed kurdish and arab syrians considered each other on the same side of this tragedy. I wish they would all just work together. In my mind 4 million refugees going back to liberate their country bit by bit sounded better than what seems to be the reality. Oh well

Imagine 100.000 people moving in your neighborhood suddenly under the protection of the neighbor country's army who attacked you (bomb and guns don't attack just "terrorists"). How do you think you will get along with them?

This is not a liberation war, it's an occupation one, by Turkey in a limited area. The rest of Syria is still in the same shit.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
YPG has allegedly attacked the Turkish city of Akcakale this morning. Numerous dead including civilians. This will be the hottest this war has gotten since in a decade.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
The best option for the YPG given the unlikelihood Turkey will stop will most likely be to continue to bombard them and use guerrilla warfare to force Turkey into a ceasefire when its no longer feasible for Turkeys economy to maintain land in Syria.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
One of the biggest obstacles in this war so far has been the level of misinformation. Seems not only Turkey and the YPG, but many groups are using either false information, old footage as new footage, etc as propaganda.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
One of the biggest obstacles in this war so far has been the level of misinformation. Seems not only Turkey and the YPG, but many groups are using either false information, old footage as new footage, etc as propaganda.

All because the US had to elect a tv personality with no political experience as president. No other candidate would have pulled the troops in such a drastic way.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what information is credible, honestly. I know it's most probably a propaganda machine but when everyone I grew up with takes it at face value it's also difficult to ascertain how much of the Turkish stance is a lie.

Oct 25, 2017
Turkey has also killed and injured civilians over the last 24 hours. Information is obfuscated on all sides. The only known truth is that this is an imperialistic ethnic cleansing effort by Turkey.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
I have no idea what information is credible, honestly. I know it's most probably a propaganda machine but when everyone I grew up with takes it at face value it's also difficult to ascertain how much of the Turkish stance is a lie.

Given his attacks on the intelligencia and journalism, i feel for the Turks who grow up under this regime. Not to mention euro turks who help keep Erdogan in power.

Oct 25, 2017
The best option for the YPG given the unlikelihood Turkey will stop will most likely be to continue to bombard them and use guerrilla warfare to force Turkey into a ceasefire when its no longer feasible for Turkeys economy to maintain land in Syria.
Turkey will win , the geography is mostly flatlands, the YPG bet on the US protecting forever and lost that bet.

it's tragic really

Sep 12, 2018
You're right. And obviously there are more differences, one being the populace has at least a chance to flee. It's just that my mind immediately went there when an allied organization was denied air support and are basically being handed over to the agressors by a western force.

Yeah, nobody cares about Muslims.
That much is sadly obvious.

We have the last Genocide on Euro soil and people think it was against Christians or Jews and when you tell them it was against Muslims you get disbelief.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Imagine 100.000 people moving in your neighborhood suddenly under the protection of the neighbor country's army who attacked you (bomb and guns don't attack just "terrorists"). How do you think you will get along with them?

This is not a liberation war, it's an occupation one, by Turkey in a limited area. The rest of Syria is still in the same shit.
I understand. Still weird to think that Syrians turning back to their homeland is such a negative when in any other case the idea would be celebrated. Syria has been a mess and handled so terribly for so long. I also find it incredibly hypocritical that Assad has been getting support again.

I hope turkey is as they're claiming trying to only rid the kurds who endanger their national security so thst the refugees can 'start' their journey back home from the border north. I wish to believe

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
People that'll be flying jets into football stadiums over the next 20 years aren't going to worry about the nuance of who voted for which political party. When you're in a democracy, you own the good and the bad. And this shit, unfortunately, is blood on the hands of every American citizen.

Which is why extremism is wrong. Democracy is about choice and not everyone agrees with that choice, in fact more people voted against Trump. Our party is trying to take Trump and the GOP down as we speak, but no to extremists we're all bad, as if we had a system with the strength to stop Trump from doing this. Trump's action here affects everyone, the Middle East, the Kurds he betrayed and the innocent American blood shared in the future.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Can someone verify if this video is real or made up by turks? I thought they where fighting Kurds this seems to be an army of the World Federation.

Steeven

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone verify if this video is real or made up by turks? I thought they where fighting Kurds this seems to be an army of the World Federation.

I don't know the source of the video, but it is known that the SDF attracted foreign fighters who wanted to fight ISIS. Not as many as ISIS did, but still.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
I don't know the source of the video, but it is known that the SDF attracted foreign fighters who wanted to fight ISIS. Not as many as ISIS did, but still.

These lads seem to be Christian or non muslim. Aren't the turks and Kurds muslims? They seem to be fighting against the turks in this video? SDF? I don't know much as you, but they have YPG on their emblem.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Can someone link me to an unbiased reliable source regarding information about what's been going on in Syria/Turkey/Kurdistan the past decade? I had a professor who was from Syria years ago and he had talked about it some but I'm looking to get a better grasp to avoid being ignorant any longer.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Erdogan has the EU by their balls and honestly it's impressive. Opening the gates for the refugees to enter Europe would cause a massive chaos unprecedented in modern times.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Why are the Armenians in Turkey supporting the Turkish army will they go into prison if they don't show support?
A Dutch friend sent this to me. I don't understand it why is no one backing the Kurdish brothers? I only hear talking, but no action is being taken.

Can someone link me to an unbiased reliable source regarding information about what's been going on in Syria/Turkey/Kurdistan the past decade? I had a professor who was from Syria years ago and he had talked about it some but I'm looking to get a better grasp to avoid being ignorant any longer.

You won't be able to find a unbiased reliable source. I'm neutral in this conflict and even I'm biased at times. I have the luck that I can understand a few languages so checking them over and over.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are the Armenians in Turkey supporting the Turkish army will they go into prison if they don't show support?
A Dutch friend sent this to me. I don't understand it why is no one backing the Kurdish brothers? I only hear talking, but no action is being taken.
Anyone speaking out against this in Turkey would probably get absolutely fucking dogpiled (not just by Erdoğan'a base) right now.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone speaking out against this in Turkey would probably get absolutely fucking dogpiled (not just by Erdoğan'a base) right now.
Yeah this happens if you dare to criticize the Supreme Leader.

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/w...-20-people-arrested-for-terrorist-propaganda/

Istanbul — Turkish police arrested more than 20 people on charges of "terrorist propaganda" on Thursday over their criticism of a military offensive launched against Kurdish forces in Syria.

The head of opposition news site Birgun, Hakan Demir, was detained for "inciting the people to hatred and enmity" after it reported there had been civilian casualties in the offensive, which was launched on Wednesday.

Police arrested 21 people in the Kurdish-majority city of Mardin in southeastern Turkey for "terrorist propaganda", according to state news agency Anadolu.

3bdelilah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They deserve all they get if this is true

Edit: 46 injured, 2 dead including a syrian infant. Don't know if there are more.
I know you mean that YPG deserves all the shit they get if the attack is true, but your post almost reads like the civilians from Akcakale deserve it. (Which I know you didn't mean to say.)

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem

Are you sure? I have connections in Turkey and I follow everything closely. And comments like yours make me think if you're sure on the subjects you talk about or just say something?
This guy is saying what he wants he is the biggest anti-erdo person that there is in the country. I haven't heard or read in any official statement that he is charged with something at the moment.

First turk victim doesn't sound good ypg seems to be just randomly shooting. Not sure about the source, but I think both sides are lying.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/operation-...baby-boy-victim-of-pkk-ypg-terrorists/1609202

Oct 25, 2017
canada

• Explaining the PKK's Mobilization of the Kurds in Turkey: Hegemony, Myth and Violence by Cengiz Gunes
  • Kurdish Question in Turkey by Dogu Ergil
  • Kurdish Problem by Michael M. Gunter
  • Racialization of Kurds by Murat Ergin

Oct 25, 2017
canada
YPG is aiming at Civilians and Press now.
I think they throw everything they have so they can scare the people in Turkey.
Mardin, Nusaybin a Kurdish populated village in Turkey.
I embedded the links it might be NSFW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYsN8qn7vg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T722sIDyaT8

Really wish Canada or someone would set up a peacekeeping force or SOMETHING. There was NO reason justifying this new conflict. Rojava would have stayed a semi autonomous nation within Syria but no, Erdogan knows theyre weak after years of fighting ISIS and picked this moment.

Damascus and Russia (besides that meeting with Lavrov) have seemingly little interest in this atm? Though I believe Rojava holds a large portion of the oil reserves like Erbil does.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Really wish Canada or someone would set up a peacekeeping force or SOMETHING. There was NO reason justifying this new conflict. Rojava would have stayed a semi autonomous nation within Syria but no, Erdogan knows theyre weak after years of fighting ISIS and picked this moment.

Damascus and Russia (besides that meeting with Lavrov) have seemingly little interest in this atm? Though I believe Rojava holds a large portion of the oil reserves like Erbil does.

I don't understand why America or the European union declare a war on Turkey. They can't beat that many country.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I don't understand why America or the European union declare a war on Turkey. They can't beat that many country.

Who is Turkey allied with? If we declare war on Turkey we're fighting their allies too. If its Russia then well... yeah it's never happening.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
I also think some people are unaware of it, but look at how many bases they have in Iraq.
If Kurds want a country they have to fight, but the Barzani family is allowing everything while the Talabani family is doing nothing to stop them either.

Who is Turkey allied with? If we declare war on Turkey we're fighting their allies too. If its Russia then well... yeah it's never happening.

I don't know I don't think erdo has any allies if I have to believe Resetera and the internet.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Armenians are no friends of Kurds. Kurdish tribes were actively involved in Armenian genocide, assisted Hamidian Brigade, I don't think they completely buried their hatchets. They also pick CHP, Ataturk's party whenever they want to be involved with politics instead of HDP, aka "voice of the minorites"

Biggest support for Kurds always come from Alevi minority. Every time government violently oppresses Kurds, Alevis always come up and take a stand loudly. Both in Senate and by press. That's why their worship places always are harassed during such operations.