• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was very surprised with Both the remasters on PC. I got my review copy of T2 from NightDive expecting it to be rough. Was pleasantly surprised.

They were also very pleasant with me when I told them that I accidentally made my video review public before the embargo lmao.

Both games are amazing on PC. I expect nothing less from this port too, I hope

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I was very surprised with Both the remasters on PC. I got my review copy of T2 from NightDive expecting it to be rough. Was pleasantly surprised.

They were also very pleasant with me when I told them that I accidentally made my video review public before the embargo lmao.

Both games are amazing on PC. I expect nothing less from this port too, I hope

Thanks for the impressions. I never know what to expect from re-releases like these.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice that these are getting console ports. I'm still such a sucker for both of these games and would love to see them come to more platforms, heres hoping!

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I've got T2 on GOG and in my opinion it isn't as fun as I remember. Still happy to see it's coming out on XB still

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$20 Each?

Kind of steep for those with no interest in the franchise. Not saying it's an unfair price for the work done necessarily, but I expect these to see more success as a Games with Gold or Game Pass title, particularly because of the pricing.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even imagine what it would be like to play Turok 2 at over 15 fps. Not thrilled with the $20 price tag, though.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
Really looking forward to revisiting these games! I have wonderful memories (that I'm sure time has aged kindly), especially of Turok 2 multiplayer. My friends and I would play where one person was a raptor and hunting everyone else - I think we played in a level called Fish in a Barrel? Wonder if these remasters will have multiplayer...

*EDIT* Yes, Turok 2 will have multiplayer! Might have to get the old band back together!

Seems like these two games were the highlight of the franchise. I remember renting Turok 3 and being hugely disappointed - and Turok: Rage Wars... what a disappointment! My buddy and I played it so much, but could never finish it on co-op. We could never understand what was happening. I didn't find out until years later that the game shipped with a bug that literally made it impossible to finish it on co-op.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
$20 Each?

Kind of steep for those with no interest in the franchise. Not saying it's an unfair price for the work done necessarily, but I expect these to see more success as a Games with Gold or Game Pass title, particularly because of the pricing.
Why would anyone with no interest in the franchise buy these in the first place?

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should have bundled both for that price IMHO.
If you are a fan of the originals, you have to imagine that there's a lot that went into remastering these. This isn't just a port. While I wish they would have done a bit more work to textures and models, it certainly doesn't harm the experience. Everything else is just too good.

Oct 26, 2017
I am so tempted to pick both up on Steam, but would rather wait for a console/Switch version. Loved both games to bits back in the day. Turok 2 still has one of the best soundtracks of the N64 generation. River of souls and Death Marshes are just outstanding pieces of music.

Any Xbox owner who wants to experience a bit of shooter history can't go wrong with them. At the very least get Turok 2 as it is by far the better game than 1. Even though I have a sweet spot for Turok 1 regardless of its many shortcomings.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone with no interest in the franchise buy these in the first place?

I know for me I love playing remasters of games that I missed during their heyday in addition to remasters of games that I already love. I suspect largely Turok fans will already play the Turok remasters, but I think remasters act as a second breathe of life for a game.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turok 1 or Turok 2?
I can't decide.
Also a double pack at a discounted price would be tempting.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I know for me I love playing remasters of games that I missed during their heyday in addition to remasters of games that I already love. I suspect largely Turok fans will already play the Turok remasters, but I think remasters act as a second breathe of life for a game.
Hm, fair enough. I just think of Turok being niche enough that are solely aimed at people who played them back in the day.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These remasters are primo quality.

They really highlight the design quality of the original games without all of the distracting technical hiccups.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome!

Only played a little bit of Turok on N64. Always wanted to properly visit these entries (guess 3rd and onward is trash, anyways).
I LOVED the 2008 version, btw

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm intrigued but do they have "modern" control options? I tried to revisit Goldeneye the other day and it was a nightmare.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm intrigued but do they have "modern" control options? I tried to revisit Goldeneye the other day and it was a nightmare.
A modern as "modern" sounds I wager. The PC controls were on point, so I'm hoping they can get dual sticks right for a single stick console game.

These games don't hold up that well. Not surprised that its just one console.
Fake news. Also, what is this post even lol

Did you even play the PC remaster? If not, stop thread-shitting

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
This is awesome, ill def pick up the original for 20 bucks. Going from an N64 controller to an xbox controller is gonna be sweeeet

Deleted member 34711

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I 100%'d Seeds of Evil remastered last month, enjoyed every minute of it. QoL improvements and hardcore mode are awesome.

I want to them to put out 3 and Rage Wars.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fully in for these. This is a remaster I can get behind (ie games released over TWENTY YEARS AGO). Such a nostalgia blast!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming the descriptions on the Xbox site are ripped straight from the N64 release in 1996?!

Completely 3-D Virtual World
Run, jump, climb in any direction in a fully 3D world, with the ability to independently look and aim your weapons up, down, or sideways.
Intelligent Enemies Programmed for Ferocity Variable aggression profiles make each enemy behave uniquely.
14 Monstrous High-tech Weapons From the Grenade Launcher, Plasma Pulse Rifle and Alien Weapon, to the Quad Rocket Launcher and, the mother of all guns, the Atomic Fusion Cannon!
Advanced Interactive Backgrounds with Particle Technology
Cobwebs sway. Bubbles form rings on the water's surface. Bullets ricochet. Trees explode into flames and crash to the ground. Waterfalls boil with foam.
Bionically Engineered Dinosaurs Razor-toothed Raptors. Artillery-packing Triceratops. Alien Infantry and a Laser-Guided T-Rex. Following your every move with head-tracking technology.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
This is going to sound dumb but I hope this means that the last 2 achievements in Turok on steam become available. I'm really curious to see what they are....

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Did this ever get officially announced?

Here are some screens

Turok

Turok 2