• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Um. Totally not what I expected lol

But, does look adorable and love the music

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
April 1st?...
Came here expecting classic Turok. Am disappoint

It looks like a fun game though.

Last edited:

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Yeah no joke this looks good. Like a fun indie to download on my switch and play in bed at night. I don't have much faith in a has been franchise attempting a AAA game.
While I agree this looks fun, they could make a proper new Turok FPS without necessarily needing to go full AAA with it. It could be AA, indie even.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think this looks really neat, I'll give it a shot.

It was one of the finalists in the Universal Gamedev Challenge, in case you wondering how it came about.
Here's an article about the winners also:
And a video of the winning prototypes:

Now I'm curious if any of those other prototypes will turn into full games. Back to the Future: Time Anomalies sounds pretty cool.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
It worked well for Hitman/Tomb Raider/Deus Ex Go, can't remember any outrage about them.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Last edited:
OP
OP
LewieP

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It worked well for Hitman/Tomb Raider/Deus Ex Go, can't remember any outrage about them.
Well to be fair, all three of those were games that were receiving mainline full scale games when those mobile centric spin offs were being made.

But yeah I'm certainly not outraged about this, either.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
giphy.gif

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This game was created as part of this initiative
https://connect.unity.com/challenges/universal

As part of your submission, you will also need to submit one (1) "Pitch" video, introducing yourself, your team, your experience, and your vision. We want you to be able to share your knowledge and background with the greater Unity community, along with the narrative of your game that you're trying to tell. We also want to know about the creative ways you will leverage the entirety of Unity, such as the vast amount of content through the Unity Asset Store, creating together with features from Unity Teams, or sharing player experiences with Microsoft Mixer.

Your game design can be for any one of the five (5) properties listed in the contest: Battlestar Galactica™ (2004 tv series); Voltron The Legendary Defender (2016 tv series); Back to the Future™ film trilogy; Jaws™ (1975 film); and the classic Turok Son of Stone comic book characters. Do not include any actor likeness, third party brands, or the original soundtracks (OST) to your design elements.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Not what I was expecting, but it does look pretty cool.

I'd still love a sequel in the style of Turok 1, but i'll still check this out.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
"New Turok Game"

OH FU- what the shit?

I like the art style a lot, but this is not Turok, they should have just named it something else...

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
I mean if this helps fund a ps4 port of turok 1 and 2 wile also funding a turok 3 ex im for it