• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to Slicer Dyster for noticing this. Feel free to take your bets.

They're hiring A LOT of people to work on this, so it's presumably a fairly large project.

Source: https://turtle-rock-studios.workable.com/j/0F4BEAD0D8

Interesting. I wonder what happened to the "new franchise" they were using as the basis for a co-op dark fantasy FPS, published by Perfect World and scheduled to launch this year (according to the original announcement in late 2016).

Oct 25, 2017
It could be a new Counter-Strike I suppose. There is definitely the question of whether they'd want to work with Valve again. There was an 8 year gap between Counter-Strike Source and Global Offensive. GO's been around since 2012

I don't really see only Bioshock multiplayer as a fit, seeing as Infinite ditched multiplayer, and I'm not so sure they're making a game in the franchise anytime soon.

I doubt it's Call of Duty, so unless it's something else very weird like an FPS SOCOM revival, I don't think it'll be anything huge

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
They are taking over development duties on the community focused UT4 while Epic's internal focus has shifted towards the Fortnite brand instead.

I don't actually know if this is true or not but it actually makes sense to me

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I wonder what happened to the "new franchise" they were using as the basis for a co-op dark fantasy FPS, published by Perfect World and scheduled to launch this year (according to the original announcement in late 2016).
They still have some job postings up for their "new IP", which I assume is that.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I don't really see only Bioshock multiplayer as a fit, seeing as Infinite ditched multiplayer, and I'm not so sure they're making a game in the franchise anytime soon.

They are making a new Bioshock, it's been leaked by a kotaku article (along with a dozen other pieces of evidence including job postings, shareholder conference call answers, and developers moving around).

Now whether it'll have multiplayer is a more dubious proposition. I could see 2k desperately looking for GaaS possibilities for all future titles, so some sort of shared experience might be seen as viable for Bioshock.

It's also just on how narrow the field is. You need a property that would be on UE4 and entrusted to a developer who is competent, but just came off of a publicly negative product. Being relegated to just the MP portion of a primarily single player franchise kind of fits .

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe Epic is putting that Fortnite money to use and giving Unreal Tournament 4 a proper development team.

Jan 4, 2018
I joked about it being an Unreal title earlier in the thread, but in all honestly I could see it. Anyone know what the current state of Unreal Tournament is? If Paragon died for Fortnite then surely Unreal Tournament is just a corpse at this point. I could also see some of the character design for Evolve bleeding into the Unreal universe. Plus, Unreal fits the description of a globally known competitive FPS running on Unreal Engine. And Quake Champions seems like it's doing pretty well for itself right now, so I think it's proof that there's still a market for arena shooters.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Somehow I feel like this might be using a mobile IP. Clash of Shooters? Mobile Strike Royale?

If not I sure hope it's L4D3 at last. (Yes yes I know, competitive kinda rules that one out.)

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
if Turtle Rock does L4D3 I don't think any video gaming news could make me happier, ever

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's hope they made nice with Valve and Left 4 Dead 3 is in the works. From Turtle Rock's perspective, I'm sure they'd like to follow up Evolve with a surefire hit...

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
For me, I preferred Left 4 dead more than L4D2.
Atmosphere, characters.... I can't quite put my finger on it, but it felt better.

There I said it.

Them going back to their original blockbuster would be freaking amazing.