• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So OLED might be an issue during the day. I presume the future top emission sets will improve OLEDs in this regard?

Btw for anybody wondering I won't be on the market for a new set for a few years so I'm not considering any TV on the market. I'm just trying to increase my knowledge on TV's as I've been out of the loop since 2014.

OLED is perfectly fine during the day right now.

Me_Marcadet

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask favour and apologises if this is considered a derail...after several posts and 1 2 1 msgs on ERA... I have had not one response. Feeling a little like game mode on a C7, dim and in need of an injection of metadata.

A simple quote or response will do...especially in regards to HD module testing... Tia

https://youtu.be/lTRWlS8D_ag
I see you (posted 1 day ago)
What do you want to know?

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
someone needs to get me the C9 release price so i can extrapolate the price by the time Endgame drops on itunes

Let me not really help you by telling you how fucking amazing Infinity War looks on my C8.

Its one of the first movies I watched on it and when I decided any flaw OLEDs might have are totally worth it.

Let me kinda help you by guessing with around what the C8 was back when IW came out with, so something like $2900 for 65" and $2150 for 55" if you go for a big retailer, actually much less if you go with online deals.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Let me not really help you by telling you how fucking amazing Infinity War looks on my C8.

Its one of the first movies I watched on it and when I decided any flaw OLEDs might have are totally worth it.

Let me kinda help you by guessing with around what the C8 was back when IW came out with, so something like $2900 for 65" and $2150 for 55" if you go for a big retailer, actually much less if you go with online deals.

thanks! this is exactly what im looking at. id probably do best buy with their warranty, so im probably close to 3k after taxes and stuff. i cant wait.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone with a Sony Bravia TV - how do I disable it so the "Set up your sources" screen doesn't keep coming up every time I turn off a Bravia select source (such as PS4 Pro or Apple TV 4K).

Odinson

Oct 26, 2017
Riverview, FL
Purchased a LG C8 65' last weekend. Noticed two vertical white lines appear on Saturday when I was watching a movie. Took it back to best buy and got an exchange. The new tv seems to be great so far but now I'm looking at the best insurance to put on it. Geek squad is expensive for what it is. Also looking at square trade which is cheaper and seems to cover the same things. Anyone have any experience with either one?

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of audio would you recommend?
I've been using my internal speakers with B7 for almost two years thinking it might be time to upgrade the audio to same level as picture quality.
I was hoping some sort of Soundbar would suffice but I keep reading about lag and issues, and some of them are super expensive.
The cheaper, the better.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
What kind of audio would you recommend?
I've been using my internal speakers with B7 for almost two years thinking it might be time to upgrade the audio to same level as picture quality.
I was hoping some sort of Soundbar would suffice but I keep reading about lag and issues, and some of them are super expensive.
The cheaper, the better.
Using TV speakers on a $2,000 display seems absolutely crazy to me. Buy a decent receiver and two speakers. Add a subwoofer, center, and rear speakers at your leisure/when you have extra cash.

If you must go soundbar for whatever reason, even the most basic soundbar will be a huge upgrade. The internal speakers on the B7 sound like a cellphone turned up all the way and dropped in an empty coffee can in comparison to almost anything.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Using TV speakers on a $2,000 display seems absolutely crazy to me. Buy a decent receiver and two speakers. Add a subwoofer, center, and rear speakers at your leisure/when you have extra cash.

If you must go soundbar for whatever reason, even the most basic soundbar will be a huge upgrade. The internal speakers on the B7 sound like a cellphone turned up all the way and dropped in an empty coffee can in comparison to almost anything.

What about the "Acoustic Surface" in Sonys A1? I used a soundplate for my old hdtv but stopped using it with my a1 because the sound was almost identical.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017

Wish I had the space and budget for proper setup, but I fear proper receiver will go above my budget alone.
I already have Hi-Fi Headphones (ODAC2 + Fostex TH-X00) so I understand the importance of good audio but kinda in a place I cannot afford anything huge.
Budget probably under $400, depending on the local pricing here, but even cheaper is better.
What worries me if I just buy some random soundbar there's audible lag..

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Last edited:

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
What about the "Acoustic Surface" in Sonys A1? I used a soundplate for my old hdtv but stopped using it with my a1 because the sound was almost identical.
Can't speak on the A1 as I don't own it. Always thought the acoustic surface was an unbelievably cool concept, but I can't imagine it sounds anywhere close to a decent soundbar/subwoofer combo, or a dedicated set-up.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't speak on the A1 as I don't own it. Always thought the acoustic surface was an unbelievably cool concept, but I can't imagine it sounds anywhere close to a decent soundbar/subwoofer combo, or a dedicated set-up.

It's very cool and imo sounds quite good.

Maybe someone in here was able to test it against a good sound system.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018

I'd imagine it's not as good but it might be good enough to use and not feel the need to spend hundreds buying a sound system. These Sony TV's are usually more expensive aren't they? So that could justify the extra cost if you're happy to use the TV as the speakers.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks! this is exactly what im looking at. id probably do best buy with their warranty, so im probably close to 3k after taxes and stuff. i cant wait.

I'm not sure if you have access to a Costco, but if you do I'd suggest looking for their warranty. I did some research on Best Buy's warranty as well, but it's between $349 and $600. Did some digging and found that Costco offers a Sqaretrade warranty on OLED's for like $100 if you're a member. Covers the same stuff and they'll even let you add it to sets you didn't buy there.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Wish I had the space and budget for proper setup, but I fear proper receiver will go above my budget alone.
I already have Hi-Fi Headphones (ODAC2 + Fostex TH-X00) so I understand the importance of good audio but kinda in a place I cannot afford anything huge.
Budget probably under $400, depending on the local pricing here, but even cheaper is better.
What worries me if I just buy some random soundbar there's audible lag..
I bought a pretty decent Yamah HTIB for 3-400 dollars and just swapped out the Left and Right speakers for some nicer ones. The subwoofer is my next upgrade, but even going from TV speakers to my current set-up felt like the audio equivalent of upgrading a 32 inch Westinghouse 720p display from 2008 to a 65 inch OLED.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine it's not as good but it might be good enough to use and not feel the need to spend hundreds buying a sound system. These Sony TV's are usually more expensive aren't they? So that could justify the extra cost if you're happy to use the TV as the speakers.

Oh i'm not really thinking it could compete with a sound system for a few hundred dollars, but it could be enough for most people. WIth most tvs even normal users realise the sound of their new hdtv is not that good and start looking for a better solution.

Oh yeah... i paid about 2.500 $ for my KDL55-A1 last year (+ a nice big gift card). That's not cheap or me but i love the tv. Very happy with it so far.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Oh i'm not really thinking it could compete with a sound system for a few hundred dollars, but it could be enough for most people. WIth most tvs even normal users realise the sound of their new hdtv is not that good and start looking for a better solution.

Oh yeah... i paid about 2.500 $ for my KDL55-A1 last year (+ a nice big gift card). That's not cheap or me but i love the tv. Very happy with it so far.
Yeah I should have clarified it's not competing. Someone like myself, I'd want more then your average sound from the TV but not like the idea of buying an expensive sound system. I also use headphones most of the time so it's not essential either.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Ughhh my parents recently moved to Saudi Arabia and was trying to get them an OLED from America and ship it over. Buydig and a few others do this.

Issue isn't shipping - it's warranty. I'm fucking scared with all of you talking about white lines in the display and all sorts of issues. :/

Buying a 77 inch oled is triple the price of the US
Damn.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
So a quick question. I'm just not interested in buying a big home theatre audio set up again like I had again. I've moved often over the last couple of years and while I plan to be in Vancouver for a couple of years more right now - I just realized what a headache it was having a bunch of speakers to pack up and the minimalist in me no longer is a fan of home audio.

I'm going to compromise and get a sound bar. I know it's the beats headphones of home audio, but it's an upgrade on tv audio and matches my decor / layout. Here are 3 questions I have:

1) Any recommendations for a soundbar to go with my Sony 65" XBR900F?
2) Does ARC pass audio from TV HDMI inputs to soundbar and vice versa - aka, can I plug my PS4 Pro into HDMI2 on my TV and the audio to be sent from TV to the soundbar? Any issues with ARC that would lower sound quality then plugging PS4 Pro direct into soundbar? I want to figure out how many HDMI slots I need on my soundbar if I have 1 HDMI HDR spot (if soundbar takes up the other) and 3 devices I want to use HDR/Dolby Vision with - Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X.
3) Does BRAVIA Sync work through the soundbar - i.e. if I plug my PS4 Pro into HDMI slot on soundbar and turn it on, will it turn on my soundbar and TV? (I got rid of my harmony remote control).

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Purchased a LG C8 65' last weekend. Noticed two vertical white lines appear on Saturday when I was watching a movie. Took it back to best buy and got an exchange. The new tv seems to be great so far but now I'm looking at the best insurance to put on it. Geek squad is expensive for what it is. Also looking at square trade which is cheaper and seems to cover the same things. Anyone have any experience with either one?

Geek Squad is the only one that covers burn in, and are usually pretty great at replacing the TV.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Samsung N660 and LG SK9Y, is there difference between them worth 200€?
299€ for Samsung and 499€ for the LG. Don't really have use for Atmos unless games support it.

Oct 28, 2017
I may be seeing things but it looks like VUDU updated the HDX encodes for the Matrix trilogy to match the latest release. I happened to check them out last night and they don't appear to have that green filter slathered all over everything anymore. Anyone else here own these titles on VUDU who could confirm? Anyone that would care to at least? LOL

Think 2001 was updated too because it looked SO good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where this idea of OLEDs needing pitch black rooms came from lol.

OLED will give you the best picture quality even in normally lit rooms.

Just go to a store, which are usually way brighter than normal at home conditions, and OLEDs still look fantastic in that super bright store.

And yes, if you want the best movie viewing condition then a pitch dark room is the best, just like in the movie theater, but this also applies to LCD, its not really an OLED thing.

OP
OP
Bumrush

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
So a quick question. I'm just not interested in buying a big home theatre audio set up again like I had again. I've moved often over the last couple of years and while I plan to be in Vancouver for a couple of years more right now - I just realized what a headache it was having a bunch of speakers to pack up and the minimalist in me no longer is a fan of home audio.

I'm going to compromise and get a sound bar. I know it's the beats headphones of home audio, but it's an upgrade on tv audio and matches my decor / layout. Here are 3 questions I have:

1) Any recommendations for a soundbar to go with my Sony 65" XBR900F?
2) Does ARC pass audio from TV HDMI inputs to soundbar and vice versa - aka, can I plug my PS4 Pro into HDMI2 on my TV and the audio to be sent from TV to the soundbar? Any issues with ARC that would lower sound quality then plugging PS4 Pro direct into soundbar? I want to figure out how many HDMI slots I need on my soundbar if I have 1 HDMI HDR spot (if soundbar takes up the other) and 3 devices I want to use HDR/Dolby Vision with - Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X.
3) Does BRAVIA Sync work through the soundbar - i.e. if I plug my PS4 Pro into HDMI slot on soundbar and turn it on, will it turn on my soundbar and TV? (I got rid of my harmony remote control).

Check out the Sonos Beam: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/beam.html and wireless sub: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sub.html

They're over priced but they sound good enough and they will fit in with your décor (they come in either black or white and fit that "minimalist" look).

OLED will give you the best picture quality even in normally lit rooms.

Just go to a store, which are usually way brighter than normal at home conditions, and OLEDs still look fantastic in that super bright store.

In abnormally bright rooms, a high peak nit LED will pop a lot more than OLED. The thing is, 99% of people rarely - if ever - watch in an abnormally bright room.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Check out the Sonos Beam: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/beam.html and wireless sub: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sub.html

They're over priced but they sound good enough and they will fit in with your décor (they come in either black or white and fit that "minimalist" look).

In abnormally bright rooms, a high peak nit LED will pop a lot more than OLED. The thing is, 99% of people rarely - if ever - watch in an abnormally bright room.

Yea, the problem is that some people think an abnormally bright room means a normal room with the lights on, or a normal room during the day lol. Which is absolutely not what an abnormally bright room means. Very few people have rooms that bright, cause even in super bright stores like Costco or Best Buy, the OLEDs look amazing and you can tell by how normal people react when they see one, even if they are right next to high nit LCDs.

An abnormally bright room will be bad for any TV anyway, the high nits from the LCD will just try to compensate for terrible viewing conditions.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've discovered this and it's hurting my soul looking at these prices. A 65 is just too small for the distance in my setup but omg the prices of 77 inch OLEDs are making them complete no buys for me. ;_;

Yea, with OLED the price goes up exponentially the bigger the screen gets.

I think the 88" 8k OLED they are releasing this year will be well over 10k.

OP
OP
Bumrush

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, the problem is that some people think an abnormally bright room means a normal room with the lights on, or a normal room during the day lol. Which is absolutely not what an abnormally bright room means. Very few people have rooms that bright, cause even in super bright stores like Costco or Best Buy, the OLEDs look amazing and you can tell by how normal people react when they see one, even if they are right next to high nit LCDs.

An abnormally bright room will be bad for any TV anyway, the high nits from the LCD will just try to compensate for terrible viewing conditions.

Yup...my buddy lives in a high rise with floor to ceiling windows behind the couch. An INSANE view, but hell for TV viewing. You need every last nit on his X900F to see the screen in the day time.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's the new 'burn in' for sure.

Not related to your post, but if you've ever experienced a surround sound system in the home, you will know that as good as the A1's speaker is, you aren't on the same planet sound-wise as even a basic multi-speaker system. Same goes for any sound bar.

Space should be the only consideration as you don't need to spend a fortune on a 5.1 set-up. Well space and significant others.

I don't understand people paying thousands for a TV then using the in-built speaker, I really don't. Audio is as important.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I used to have a soundbar with wireless rear speakers that I stopped using after getting the a1 as it sounded better.

I have been considering rewiring my sub though to use with it but it seems kinda pointless as the lows are already pretty good. Not sure if the additional space is worth it.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup...my buddy lives in a high rise with floor to ceiling windows behind the couch. An INSANE view, but hell for TV viewing. You need every last nit on his X900F to see the screen in the day time.

I can't even imagine how that room looks like when the sun is shining directly into it lol.

Is there no way for him to install something to cover the windows like curtains? Cause I think even an X900F will struggle in that scenario if the windows are not covered at all.

OP
OP
Bumrush

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine how that room looks like when the sun is shining directly into it lol.

Is there no way for him to install something to cover the windows like curtains? Cause I think even an X900F will struggle in that scenario if the windows are not covered at all.

He has curtains, but when people are over, the view is more important than the TV.

This is not uncommon though. For the folks in here, AVS Forum, etc, we would prefer watch TV in a sensory deprivation chamber (even in day, I like to watch in pitch blackness) but many humans in the viewing public (i.e. my wife, parents and in-laws) prefer to watch TV with the lights on and windows open, even if it means direct sunlight

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
He has curtains, but when people are over, the view is more important than the TV.

This is not uncommon though. For the folks in here, AVS Forum, etc, we would prefer watch TV in a sensory deprivation chamber (even in day, I like to watch in pitch blackness) but many humans in the viewing public (i.e. my wife, parents and in-laws) prefer to watch TV with the lights on and windows open, even if it means direct sunlight

Yup that's why I went with X900F over the OLED (I returned my LG OLED).

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm also curious about the Acoustic Surface.

I don't have the A1 I have a A9 and it sounds good for what it is. It doesn't hold a candle to a real sound system though. Not even close. I would say it is just about on par with a mid range soundbar. Not a high end one though when it comes to output however. It's better than any of the E series LG OLEDs with the built in soundbar. It has solid EQ settings as well starting at 125Hz, 250, 500, 1kHz, 2, 4, and 8. The 2 subs on the A9 are ok for what they are. You aren't getting super low by any stretch but again decent for what it is.

The A1 you can hook a sub up to though so that is a nice feature. Overall it's very clean and has a pleasant high mid range. Not really worth comparing to my actual sound set up because not much is going to touch what I'm running.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the A1 I have a A9 and it sounds good for what it is. It doesn't hold a candle to a real sound system though. Not even close. I would say it is just about on par with a mid range soundbar. Not a high end one though when it comes to output however. It's better than any of the E series LG OLEDs with the built in soundbar. It has solid EQ settings as well starting at 125Hz, 250, 500, 1kHz, 2, 4, and 8. The 2 subs on the A9 are ok for what they are. You aren't getting super low by any stretch but again decent for what it is.

The A1 you can hook a sub up to though so that is a nice feature. Overall it's very clean and has a pleasant high mid range. Not really worth comparing to my actual sound set up because not much is going to touch what I'm running.

Thanks for answering.

What sound system are you using?

JakeG4

Oct 25, 2017
So after my 5 year old Sony KDLW6 crapped out on me earlier this week, I've finally, down to necessity, decided to take the leap and buy a LG B8. I got a decent deal on it and I'm picking it up on Thursday. I honestly can't wait to get it not just for gaming on, but just watching shows in general. I guess the next thing to do is pick up a PS4 Pro to really make the most of it.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017

Seconding this. I just set up a Beam for a client a weekend ago: it took like 10 minutes. Sounded much better than I expected, and I didn't even do the "wave your phone around the room to calibrate" thing.

Also this. My great room gets very bright sunlight from the west, and there's only so much I can do with outdoor shades/indoor curtains before it starts affecting the aesthetics of the room. A bright LCD was my compromise to get visible picture during the worst days, and very good quality at night (with bias lighting, etc.) If I watched everything in the matte-black painted theatre room, it'd be a different story.

Last edited:

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm looking to get a new tv around the $1000 range. I've heard some pretty great things about the Vizio P series (65"). Does anyone here have this TV? How do you like it?

Oct 28, 2017
So after my 5 year old Sony KDLW6 crapped out on me earlier this week, I've finally, down to necessity, decided to take the leap and buy a LG B8. I got a decent deal on it and I'm picking it up on Thursday. I honestly can't wait to get it not just for gaming on, but just watching shows in general. I guess the next thing to do is pick up a PS4 Pro to really make the most of it.

That is going to be an amazing upgrade

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Out of curiosity, what is recommended as a good pixel response time? Is funny reading about how it may be too low on OLEDs, I've got the opposite issues on my Samsung MU7000 with 80% at 8.4ms and 100% at 20.7ms. Leads to painfully obvious trails with movement on plain backgrounds:

examples said:
_SAkNkVt_s7bggYFLbcrQq6PdFCihbHJMlaSxngvKN760DZIJ9S1_rnR4BG8VkPYwZyecGoT_P0QOFLHSu9sbCDBG7Xs6gnM8i_AjJyeAao04AhQChuJyUi0x8_caQe8G33-AIIpHUCSRWleV1xWuzvb2aTlfzz_WeaZTf6XHkXrw7MNi6Xs3i_cgu_CWYKdux5KzpWJmTYomFq3b4QGhPHnvXyqMvVQesMWEUbZ3QTmju4dQonM5mfPixOzh0bte_gtpC8Zm86JCLZEhwoWEEMdL8dtv8FFJQx3ohkZMaon8QnyGDJKMPOF5YYAv-VCd2UMzkrKQahAlM_zesFPR78p83vetMmQmATkwvHGyQOd6KI2Gg36DBJowPwzAU0SP4Il_FluQY6tcyoSLnjdhmESvmB8ju9lem4wbxlgA_lJcby6BEgndmgLt0Vs2gepgdvrKVO5ARDifKv4RHm5PZuE6DEcf8fyCAWPahn6-CBxTsWvtiRxkMlJrKWkVwpgRp4XzfHhQX4nB613BQF-JC4xj-vf70QY2uZQhyhHHL1GGk4t-TldCRNX9CaQoPxmLQTET9Y_XybvAdivYghrFIde1dAR2YPJcA-DsAKuDbeptCNqpnLEs-Pp7V-NwMInj7dOZIjgL58790t0nUQhETCOitnEc3g=w1080-h515-no

xv7U8Yb3LFwANY1bfRWPJ8RhTf3GqDK2-QYpM3yYtEXN8wCU-04ZzayhPSgyuDwkf7dItaTdTDGP0pqWY-y0wNWa20CrHELLMhoG5MXKfQbZptsfM6XEWWklXZCkr7z7rygRBNgvWzJFYhcnu2sgFDBsa7gvVYctfdkP68GX90PxHHmcNzY0z6aPguLyv9P5UVxugtyPCPKPZI7So0ck5EWRVMQst0QXdDLRRD7oFetRTWnIe3FEvg5LAZE0Soc1iub72MmgZAZ6S37QXAXAPJ5MzmiXynWuYpSqKDQx81hckzQOdOkbKDzqflBfc-SIsWHjhDfKs8zqcKXRyji3fDvbgcAnic4_FE23alVEK6AK3mLJ1mCwm7ISZhWLbp2PnsWD9_1ss20aFy1jwjqF48-YRs3ewkRCcVfmmoWBHmk-sGTPSYdR2g1puBKS56YKQqEEeGv4m_1CgAs8ZaJK7VrB99uQbCyCyjgwPUptYxD2S8dlkWpTLy2OkGRXdOSAoE4Kr8GxlRZG1LLzy4R9iLA1iPw6Pwp-CVscIlSHLPtIlqLbr8tU08tap398vVZa5bk7ewzccVZyFQjvqJ8i-joxPz_zYr-aDXTgYdn37mXisTlzj1I4zavTutWShoClj89BO-vJfM1LBmy7UrSxBhew3lHGSpk=w1080-h418-no

INksPksWZ5LOmBRie6WX9M_FtCu8gBUpJMnZ8DVNPke896eM1pk2Vrjka_mengsfdWI_XG-uFV6N6V0S85aSLtaQ_McSU11FtYYtAmIi8zhpka9n9dX7USk3OMYRFC1oRlK4oB5RA__RPR92o0XsTBg1tJCkjK4yN5QSsjdjOTLExTQ3lGBEA7Q6MPSiKFSYjezuiGdp7VY2r9P6XRL07_UOXiUPsrZisLKHNJHpOOLZ5jcX4U5layq3aqIafzSutz_EsA3C_9FHHgHpPkhD2IwLT3lAns8nUPiBO1zn12r1nasXPWH44bPUGr9ooduLvLleK_ohDXLjp-YD0qFvTxthqgowoxEl8PXScvcFguqly0Rr5ST8EWpzbjxh3EbTuDZnt7_FBrKkxlteUniBRlJ7gB6-Ot4myZKIaXe5xd__sA6zE2adih4DZdIPHA9M7wqsWYbUd8gqKYjwrG5CBm8Oqz7HD6cYSoysjHCfBfMPVoOngS6NHz1ugpJLNlDINYdHYWSekLmwCmba1qjg6UmBb5v9MjmkFxTj_mfNLSYZ7x_3nhCUc92xpz8L9ygA43barx0YMNhKNiR_smQY7ERAXc8sakWdEcovcen0IvToQocS3IVMbAX7HqxShzs03OIjEDp8MRclU2ALXLF5p2N25N4f5Ro=w1080-h430-no

Is a bit weird to have my TV be blatantly worse than my Switch's screen in this regard...

Oct 30, 2017
Last week I replaced my 32 inch KDLXBR4 that I've had since 2007 with a 55 LGC8. Wow. It's an incredible upgrade. The only "problem" is that now I'm feeling the need to upgrade my receiver to allow 4k pass through get a PS4 pro, chromecast ultra etc. It's a bit of a rabbit hole in terms of consumerism.

Do people prefer to use a TV's built in apps or a dedicated streaming device? For now the TV's apps are snappy but I'd imagine that in a few years the external device will be better and easily upgradable.

OP
OP
Bumrush

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Last week I replaced my 32 inch KDLXBR4 that I've had since 2007 with a 55 LGC8. Wow. It's an incredible upgrade. The only "problem" is that now I'm feeling the need to upgrade my receiver to allow 4k pass through get a PS4 pro, chromecast ultra etc. It's a bit of a rabbit hole in terms of consumerism.

Do people prefer to use a TV's built in apps or a dedicated streaming device? For now the TV's apps are snappy but I'd imagine that in a few years the external device will be better and easily upgradable.

I tend to use my Apple TV more but the on-board Netflix app is convenient and excellent