• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A bit disappointed The Crown s3 won't hit until 2019. It's been a nice series to dip into over the holidays the last 2 years. I guess this month is just Counterpart and catch-up for me, and whatever Fuller House I watch under duress.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been mostly watching Grey's Anatomy. I'm on Season 12 and feel as if the show should have ended at the end of Season 11, or at least make Season 12 a "mini-season" to finish off some arcs.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Patriot Season 1, easily one of the best things I've watched this year. I didn't realize it would be so funny, even though it definitely has a somber mood throughout. The sheer amount of stuff the main character has to deal with is ridiculous, and he just keeps chugging along while dying a little bit more inside. First time seeing Michael Dorman before, and his facial expressions are great. He does a lot without saying much. The supporting cast is really great too.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Caught up on Nightflyers. So far it has been solid, if not spectacular. Still waiting on the show to really hook me or have a standout episode.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Room 104 Season two:

Episode 1 - Predictable and lame. Skip.

Episode 2 - Neat concept but unsustainable at 30 minutes. Skip.

Episode 3 - Bizarre and endearing. Watch.

Episode 4 - what. the. fuck.

Episode 5 - Not enough time spent developing the relationship for any of it to work. Also predictable. Skip.

Episode 6 - A little overlong, but also fun and sweet. Watch.

Episode 7 - Strange, implausible premise with a basic and predictable execution. Skip.

Episode 8 - Been there done that. Also, not scary and incoherent plot. Skip.

Episode 9 - Sweet, at times touching, but with an underwhelming ending. Watch.

Episode 10 - A tad derivative, though still fun. Watch.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for the new Poirot series from BBC

It's a really interesting choice to go with Malkovich as Poirot, the recent batch of Christie (And Then There Were None, Ordeal by Innocence, The Witness for the Prosecution) from auntie beeb have all been uniformly excellent and this is from the same writer (Sarah Phelps).

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
now-apocalypse.jpg

God bless Gregg Araki

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Castlevania Season 2 on Netflix, really good from the story line, animation, and voice cast. Dracula, Carmela, and Issac in particular stood out for me.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
A random addition to December:

The Patrick Dempsey starrer on Epix "The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair" is being bundled up over three nights, three each night, over December 17-19.

From Lesley Goldberg of The Hollywood Reporter:

Text: "Patrick Dempsey's Epix series 'The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair' will be burned off in December, airing 3 episodes a night 12/17-12/19 starting at 11 p.m. "

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

The Patrick Dempsey starrer on Epix "The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair" is being bundled up over three nights, three each night, over December 17-19.

Text: "Patrick Dempsey's Epix series 'The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair' will be burned off in December, airing 3 episodes a night 12/17-12/19 starting at 11 p.m. "

K

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

It already aired in the UK, Australia and I believe France. Kind of weird to burn this off so unceremoniously because I thought it was not that bad.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Counterpart is back. Looking forward to that Sabrina special too. I just finished up Homecoming which I ended up liking a lot. The scenes with Heidi and Walter were so good. I think it wrapped up the main story well. I also started up Sorry For Your Loss on Facebook after seeing it pop up on some year-end critic list. Only watched an episode so far, but I'll watch more. I like these half-hour dramas. I still need to get to My Brilliant Friend, Little Drummer Girl and Patrick Melrose before the year's over.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
ORIGINS is just a terrible show. I was looking forward to a good sci fi show, but this aint it. Cool concept but just some dreadful characters and actors. I had watched this other Youtube show because it sounded fun, I think it was called Thirtysomething. That was a misfire as well.

yeah im just starting episode 2 and already the characters are all annoyingly stupid as fuckkkkk. I thought Nightflyer was pretty bad and stupid but sweet jesus, Origin is already hitting all the cliches of a space horror movie. At least the budget is pretty damn good.

God I'm hoping for something to top the scene from the first season that I can't post a gif of because it would get me banned so hard.

Just imagine this but uncropped and widescreen so you see the other Josh Hutcherson.

sweet jesus that show was soooo amazingly awesome. I just hope season 2 is just as ridiculous.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I have Hulu now because of the 99 cent deal, so I finally decided to watch 11.22.63. And honestly I don't like it that much. They've changed practically everything from the book so far. The show so far seems very heavily focused on Oswald, which honestly I thought was the least interesting part of the book. Watching him go back in time and try to make a life for himself was the best part, and they're either glossing over parts or accelerating it rapidly. This is one of my favorite books, but I honestly don't know if I'll even be able to get myself to finish the show.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Nooo what have you done to hot Benedict Cumberbatch? (The film looks solid though)

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Room 104 Season two:

Episode 1 - Predictable and lame. Skip.

Episode 2 - Neat concept but unsustainable at 30 minutes. Skip.

Episode 3 - Bizarre and endearing. Watch.

Episode 4 - what. the. fuck.

Episode 5 - Not enough time spent developing the relationship for any of it to work. Also predictable. Skip.

Episode 6 - A little overlong, but also fun and sweet. Watch.

Episode 7 - Strange, implausible premise with a basic and predictable execution. Skip.

Episode 8 - Been there done that. Also, not scary and incoherent plot. Skip.

Episode 9 - Sweet, at times touching, but with an underwhelming ending. Watch.

Episode 10 - A tad derivative, though still fun. Watch.

Episode 11 - Not much story, but it's funny and stars the wildly charismatic Mahershala Ali. Watch.

Episode 12 - After school special about rape. Skip.

Overall, just like the first, season two was a mixed bag with half the episodes being worthwhile and the other half being total bores. If there's another season, I'll probably only watch the episodes that people recommend and skip the rest.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Finiahed Voltron's final season (season 8) on Netflix. I nearly had a tear.

Watching Happy! on Netflix now. I can finally watch this crazy show since I missed it on Syfy. Twisted, but amazing direction for a pulpy action series.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
The final (third) season of Fortitude came out on December 6th in the UK, four episodes total. I guess like five people watch this show since I heard nothing about it 10 days ago. I'm waiting until it goes on Amazon Prime in the US.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fortitude/

Yeah, the last season flew way, way under the radar in terms of lead-up. Really curious how this thing ends, I really like it.

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Anyone watching Escape at Dannemora? I just caught up. I've loved it so far. Been impressed with Ben Stiller's direction. The performances are top notch and the show really takes its time to nail all the neat little details.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Runaways Season 2, though it was an improvement over the 1st season. I'm glad they decided to release the season at once this year, although there doesn't see to be a lot of buzz surrounding it.

Started Patriot Season 2 on Amazon and Dark on Netflix.