• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Valentine's Day is upon us - luckily Netflix has our backs with a slew of new programming options to chill with.
somebody please love me

~ Recent Highlights~

Informer - Amazon

Sex Education - Netflix

Tidying Up with Marie Kondo - Netflix

February

Friday, 1

Hidden - Viaplay

Russian Doll - Netflix

Siempre Bruja - Netflix

The ABC Murders - Amazon

Great Performances - PBS - 9/8c

Tropical Cop Tales - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Saturday, 2

Bordertown - Netflix

Romance is A Bonus Book - Netflix

Sunday, 3

The World's Best - CBS - 10/9c

Monday, 4

Engrenages - Canal+

Man with A Plan - CBS - 8:30/7:30c

Independent Lens - PBS - 10/9c

Tuesday, 5

American Housewife - ABC - 8/7c

American Experience - PBS - 9/8c

American Soul - BET - 9/8c

Wednesday, 6

Get Krack!n - ABC Austrailia - 9pm

The World's Best - CBS - 8/7c - Time Period Debut

Friday, 8

Nailed It! Mexico - Netflix

One Day at a Time - Netflix

PEN15 - Hulu

Unauthorized Living - Netflix

White Dragon - Amazon

Live from Lincoln Center - PBS - 9/8c

2 Dope Queens - HBO - 11/10c

Saturday, 9

The Break - Netflix

Sunday, 10

Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj - Netflix

The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

Margaret: The Rebel Princess - PBS - 10/9c

Talking Dead - AMC - 10/9c

Ride with Norman Reedus - AMC - 12/11c

Monday, 11

Flavorful Origins: Chaoshan Cuisine - Netflix

American Dad - TBS - 10/9c

Tuesday, 12

Boomerang - BET - 10/9c

Miracle Workers - TBS - 10:30/9:30c

Wednesday, 13

Weird City - YouTube Premium

Otage(s) - Canal+

Nature - PBS - 8/7c

Thursday, 14

Zac & Mia - Hulu

Friday, 15

Doom Patrol - DC Universe

Larry Charles' Dangerous World of Comedy - Netflix

Lorena - Amazon

The Dragon Prince - Netflix

Umbrella Academy - Netflix

Proven Innocent - Fox - 9/8c

Saturday, 16

Ransom - CBS - 8/7c

Sunday, 17

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - HBO - 11/10c

Monday, 18

POV - PBS - 9/8c

Tuesday, 19

American Masters - PBS - 9/8c

At Home with Amy Sedaris - TruTV - 10/9c

Wednesday, 20

Survivor - CBS - 8/7c

The World's Best - CBS - 9/8c - Time Slot Debut

Secrets of the Dead - PBS - 10/9c

Documentary Now! - IFC - 11/10c

Thursday, 21

The Oath - Crackle

Flack - POP - 10/9c

Desus & Mero - Showtime - 11/10c

Friday, 22

Chef's Table - Netflix

Rebellion - Netflix

Suburra - Netflix

Workin' Moms - Netflix

Sunday, 24

When Calls the Heart - Hallmark - 8/7c

Hot Streets - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Monday, 25

Shadowhunters - Freeform - 8/7c - Final Season

The Voice - NBC - 8/7c

The Enemy Within - NBC - 10/9c

Tuesday, 26

Masterchef Junior - Fox - 8/7c

The Voice - NBC - 8/7c

World of Dance - NBC - 9/8c

Wednesday, 27

Gone - WGN America - 9/8c

Whiskey Cavalier - ABC - 10/9c

Thursday, 28

Better Things - FX - 10/9c

TBD

This Time with Alan Partridge - BBC One

~

January TV thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Hidden - Viaplay (Feb 1)

Nothing is quite what it seems in 'Hidden', where dark secrets, unsuspected identities and supernatural forces converge against the captivating backdrop of modern day Stockholm.

Russian Doll - Netflix (Feb 1)

"Russian Doll" follows a young woman named Nadia on her journey as the guest of honor at a seemingly inescapable party one night in New York City.

Siempre Bruja - Netflix (Feb 1)

A young witch takes us on a journey through time in between the past and present of the city of Cartagena, where she faces unknown challenges that will make her realize that once a witch, always a witch.

The ABC Murders - Amazon (Feb 1)

The series follows a killer, who uses the alias ABC, and strikes in a methodical pattern, leaving a copy of the ABC railway guide at the scene of each murder.

Based on the novel of the same name by Agatha Christie.

Tropical Cop Tales - Adult Swim (Feb 1)

The series follows two burnt-out city cops, Keymarion "Primetime" Weeyums and Demetrius "Meechie" Franks when they relocate to a tropical paradise for a relaxing twilight to their careers. Unfortunately, it is the most un-relaxing place on earth and their Captain is a champion shouter. Bring earplugs babe yeah?

Romance is A Bonus Book - Netflix (Feb 2)

The drama follows a genius writer and the youngest editor-in-chief in history at a publishing company who finds himself falling for a disgraced copywriter, not knowing that she fibbed to get a job at his company.

The World's Best - CBS (Feb 3)

The new competition series "The World's Best" debuts with host James Corden and judges Drew Barrymore, RuPaul Charles and Faith Hill.

The first-of-its-kind global talent competition features award-winning acts from every genre imaginable, from every corner of the planet. They not only have to impress the aforementioned American judges, but will also need to break through the "wall of the world," featuring 50 of the world's most accomplished experts from every field of entertainment. Only one act will ultimately be crowned "The World's Best."

American Soul - BET (Feb 5)

Inspired by the personal trials and professional successes of a young, ambitious and troubled impresario Don Cornelius. The drama series is an unflinching look at the entrepreneur, his Soul Train dancers, crew and musicians in an unforgiving Hollywood in the 1970's - how they work, play, rise and fall against the backdrop of Soul Train - "the hippest trip in America" and one of the most predominant television shows for African-American culture.

PEN15 - Hulu (Feb 8)

"PEN15" is middle school as it really happened. Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle star in this adult comedy, playing versions of themselves as thirteen-year-old outcasts in the year 2000, surrounded by actual thirteen-year-olds, where the best day of your life can turn into your worst with the stroke of a gel pen.

Unauthorized Living - Netflix (Feb 8)

In this Spanish drama series, a powerful Galician cartel leader who masquerades as an honest businessman is diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and he keeps this diagnosis a secret from his family as he attempts to select his successor.

White Dragon - Amazon (Feb 8)

The series follows a sheltered London professor, who tries to unravel the mystery behind his wife's sudden death. As he digs deeper, he's drawn into a web of conspiracy as he tries to find out the truth about the woman he loved.

Flavorful Origins: Chaoshan Cuisine - Netflix (Feb 11)

z5sUf1k.jpg

A new culinary series which explores the delectable and diverse world of Teochew cuisine and its unique history and variations.

Boomerang - BET (Feb 12)

A successful executive finds that his lifestyle choices have turned back on him when his new boss turns out to be a bigger deviant than he is.

A reboot of the 1992 American romantic comedy film of the same name, this updated version explores contemporary workplace dynamics, including the changing role of gender, office politics, relationships, and the conflicts between Generation X and Millennials.

Miracle Workers - TBS (Feb 12)

Based on Simon Rich's book, "What in God's Name," this seven-episode limited series turns the perception of heaven on its head while also making the case that humans are worth saving. Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi executive produce and star alongside Karan Soni and Geraldine Viswanathan.

Radcliffe plays Craig, a low-level angel responsible for handling all of humanity's prayers. Buscemi plays Craig's boss, God, who has pretty much checked out to focus on petty hobbies. To prevent Earth's destruction, Craig and fellow angel Eliza must answer a seemingly impossible prayer: help two humans, Laura and Sam, fall in love.

Weird City - YouTube Premium (Feb 13)

"Weird City" is an anthology set in the not-too-distant future metropolis of Weird. Told through the prism of sci-fi and comedy, each episode is an exploration of issues that pertain to present day life.

Co-created by Jordan Peele and Charlie Sanders and with an all-star cast including Ed O'Neill, Rosario Dawson, Michael Cera, Laverne Cox, and LeVar Burton, Awkwafina, Yvette Nicole Brown, Auli'i Cravalho, Steven Yeun, Gillian Jacobs, and Mark Hamill.

Doom Patrol - DC Universe (Feb 15)

"Doom Patrol" is a re-imagining of one of DC's most beloved groups of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol's members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities - but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence - and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.

Picking up after the events of "Titans", "Doom Patrol" will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Larry Charles' Dangerous World of Comedy - Netflix (Feb 15)

9eR6Kf9.jpg

Legendary comedy writer and director Larry Charles travels the world in search of humor in the most unusual, unexpected and dangerous places.

Lorena - Amazon (Feb 15)

From Executive Producer Jordan Peele, this four-part docuseries investigates the events of 1993, where Lorena Bobbitt sliced off her husband's penis after years of abuse. John and Lorena Bobbitt's stories exploded into a 24-hour news cycle. She became a national joke, her suffering ignored by the male-dominated press. But as John spiraled downward, Lorena found strength in the scars of her ordeal.

Umbrella Academy - Netflix (Feb 15)

On the same day in 1989, forty-three infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before. Seven are adopted by Sir Reginald Hargreeves, a billionaire industrialist, who creates The Umbrella Academy and prepares his "children" to save the world. But not everything went according to plan. In their teenage years, the family fractured and the team disbanded. Now, the six surviving thirty-something members reunite upon the news of Hargreeves' passing. Luther, Diego, Allison, Klaus, Vanya and Number Five work together to solve a mystery surrounding their father's death. But the estranged family once again begins to come apart due to their divergent personalities and abilities, not to mention the imminent threat of a global apocalypse.

Based on the comic by Gerard Way.

Proven Innocent - Fox (Feb 15)

The series follows an underdog criminal defense firm led by a fierce and uncompromising lawyer, who was wrongfully convicted in a sensational murder case that made her an infamous media obsession, a household name and a national cause célèbre.

Flack - POP (Feb 21)

"Flack" is a one-hour dramedy set in the fast-paced and cut-throat world of celebrity public relations. Equal parts hilarity and heart, "Flack" reflects the brutal reality and complexities of modern life where problems can go viral in an instant.

Anna Paquin stars as Robyn, an American PR executive living in London who's an expert at her craft but a complete self-saboteur when it comes to her personal life.

Desus & Mero - Showtime (Feb 21)

The first ever weekly late-night talk show on Showtime will feature popular TV and podcast personalities Desus and Mero speaking off the cuff and chatting with guests at the intersection of pop culture, sports, music, politics and more.

Workin' Moms - Netflix (Feb 22)

The series follows four friends — a friendly PR executive, a no-nonsense psychiatrist, a nervous IT tech, and an optimistic real estate agent — who meet in a mommies' group and share a bond as women attempting to balance careers and childrearing.

The Enemy Within - NBC (Feb 25)

In this fast-paced, spy-hunting thriller, Erica Shepherd is a brilliant former CIA operative, now known as the most notorious traitor in American history serving life in a Supermax prison. Against every fiber of his being but with nowhere else to turn, FBI Agent Will Keaton enlists Shepherd to help track down a fiercely dangerous and elusive criminal she knows all too well. For Keaton, it's not easy to trust the woman who cost him so much. While Shepherd and Keaton have different motivations for bringing the enemy to justice, they both know that to catch a spy... they must think like one.

Gone - WGN America (Feb 27)

The series follows the story of Kit "Kick" Lannigan, survivor of a famous child-abduction case, and Frank Novak, the FBI agent who rescued her. Years later, Novak recruits Lanigan to join a special task force dedicated to solving abductions and missing person's cases. Paired with former Army intelligence officer John Bishop, Lanigan uses her intuitive wit and martial arts skills to solve cases and bring victims home.

Whiskey Cavalier - ABC (Feb 27)

"Whiskey Cavalier" is a high-octane, hour-long action dramedy that follows the adventures of tough but tender FBI super-agent Will Chase (codename: "Whiskey Cavalier"). Following an emotional breakup, Chase is assigned to work with badass CIA operative Francesca "Frankie" Trowbridge (codename: "Fiery Tribune"). Together, they lead an inter-agency team of flawed, funny and heroic spies who periodically save the world (and each other) while navigating the rocky roads of friendship, romance and office politics.

Last edited:

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The Walking Dead
American Dad
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Desus & Mero (maybe)

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
This month seems pretty sparse for exciting new shows outside of Russian Doll (which is getting pretty high praise from critics) and maybe Umbrella Academy and Miracle Workers.

More time to catch up on older shows is always welcome though!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Maybe The Russian Doll and The Umbrella Academy

I think Gone is just season one of the show, which aired early in Europe and just finished in Canada in late 2018. I watched it all...it was okay.

I'll probably also watch TWD, since I've seen most of it. I still have all of the first part of this season to watch, though, and simply haven't felt like it at all.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Patrol
Umbrella Academy

Might check out The Enemy Within. Sounds like a good premise atleast.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Awww, I ❤ You rats, don't worry!

Will Watch:
Russian Doll - The reviews have sold me on it after being mildly interested from the trailer.
Miracle Workers - Steve Buscemi is literally God. How can I not watch this?

Might Watch:
Siempre Bruja - Haven't seen enough of it from the trailers to be sure
Umbrella Academy - If it reviews well

This month seems pretty sparse for exciting new shows outside of Russian Doll (which is getting pretty high praise from critics) and maybe Umbrella Academy and Miracle Workers.
Watch The ABC Murders
More time to catch up on older shows is always welcome though!
Wait, nvm. Watch The Good Wife you coward.

(also, I forgot to mention an interesting Euro show or two 🤐 ... well at least one of them look like shit but it's a genre that's underrepresented)

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Russian Doll and Umbrella Academy, if that. I Still havent finished Kingdom and Sex Education and they are shorties >_<

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Russian Doll, Umbrella Academy, and Doom Patrol.

I'll keep my ear open for word on Miracle Workers and White Dragon.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon putting out some really good looking stuff ...also, Expanse S3 streaming on the 8th

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Great op. Embargo for umbrella Academy is tomorrow but I can confirm the show is legit(watched the whole season)

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Really want to watch Russian Doll.
I'll give Umbrella Academy a shot also.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Russian Doll - Netflix

The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

Doom Patrol - DC Universe

Umbrella Academy - Netflix

Desus & Mero - Showtime - 11/10c

Suburra - Netflix

Thank god for a sparse month. I'm mostly caught up as well.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a nice, quiet month to catch up on some things along with the new.

Russian Doll
Umbrella Academy
Weird City
Documentary Now!
Better Things

I quite liked The ABC Murders, it's a different kind of Poirot than expected but still pretty good. And Kingdom is an excellent show from last month worth visiting if anyone hasn't yet, it sort of just ends, not like a finale but more like a middle point of a season, but everything before that is near-perfect.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Will be in for:
Weird City
Russian Doll
The Umbrella Academy
Doom Patrol

I won't watch them right away though since I'm behind on so much. Really want to get around to Kingdom and Sex Education.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I binged almost all of Russian doll tonight and I have to wake up in like 5 hours! I didn't intend to but it's so fantastic. Fantastic acting, wonderful dialogue, amazing soundtrack, humor is top notch and when it goes for emotion it nails it. I was looking forward to the show but it still managed to catch me off guard with how good it is. Everyone should add it to their Feb list if they haven't already

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I watched the first two of Russian Doll. I was iffy on it after one because of the way the first episode ends....it doesn't really give you a reason to continue. The second episode is a lot stronger IMO. There's more small mysteries built up beyond the initial premise and know I want to know more.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just caught up with the three episodes of The Passage. They were good enough to keep me interested, I like the idea of the vampires being
telepathic
I haven't read the books so I can't make any comparisons. The only bigger complaint I have is how they rushed things in the pilot with Brad changing his mind.
Oh and one more observation, the male lead looks like a little older and bigger Chris Pratt lol. Don't why I mention it, maybe it distracts me too much. ;p

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The brand is strong - curious to see Desus and Mero return on Showtime

Umbrella Academy is my most hyped show for this month

All the positive reviews mean I will check out Russian Doll

Weird City has me intrigued

Still need to finish Punisher and The Little Drummer Girl

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TWD
Russian Doll
Maybe Umbrella Academy. Not feeling too excited about it.
Informer - I'll probably get to this later on.

I'm finishing up You and Sex Education next week. You especially is a trashy riot and a lot funnier than I thought it would be - I love Peach Salinger! Gives me a nice Dexter and Revenge kind of kick.

SWoS

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Watched all of Russian Doll last night. Fantastic story and has a really good pace. Give it a chance, it has real depth which you don't get to see until a few episodes in.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Oh damn, a new season of Documentary Now! after almost 2.5 years? Episodes are pretty hit and miss, but you got to admire the work Bill Hader and Fred Armisen put in to it. Truly terrific actors. Hopefully more stuff like 'Juan Likes Rice & Chicken' and 'Globesman'.

As for the rest:

Russian Doll
The Dragon Prince
American Dad
Umbrella Academy
Weird City
PEN15
Whiskey Cavalier
and yes also The Walking Dead again, even if I don't understand why I still bother anymore.

Unsure about Doom Patrol. I was really surprised by all the praise the DP episode got in Titans. I thought it was the worst one of the show.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
I'll get a sit on the post and ask for some recommendations on comedy or supernatural/occult series. Couldn't watch anything on january bcs of exams, but i'm planning to take a look at Russian Doll and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel this month.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
2 episodes in and the final season of Broad City has been really funny. NY - community charging stations, but shitty plumbing.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started Halt and Catch Fire a couple of days ago. It's pretty good. Never really cared for Lee Pace in anything, but now i see it. The whole cast is fantastic.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Finally started Halt and Catch Fire a couple of days ago. It's pretty good. Never really cared for Lee Pace in anything, but now i see it. The whole cast is fantastic.

Halt and Catch Fire is the best! The whole cast is absolutely fantastic, especially Scoot McNairy, Mackenzie Davis and Toby Huss.

This show is a delight from beginning to end, and seeing the characters evolution throughout its four seasons is so great. Reaching the end of the show really made me feel like I was about to lose old friends. You're in for a treat!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Has there been any reactions/reviews for Hanna, thought it was supposed to launch today on Amazon Prime. Haven't seen any reviews or anything. Amazon Prime site just says 'Coming Soon'.
Maybe it will go live after the Super Bowl match.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any reactions/reviews for Hanna, thought it was supposed to launch today on Amazon Prime. Haven't seen any reviews or anything. Amazon Prime site just says 'Coming Soon'.
Maybe it will go live after the Super Bowl match.

The first episode is going up early tomorrow after the Super Bowl, but the full season isn't dropping until March.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This show is a delight from beginning to end, and seeing the characters evolution throughout its four seasons is so great. Reaching the end of the show really made me feel like I was about to lose old friends. You're in for a treat!

Yeah the characters really seem to be the focus of the show, and have had a lot of growth on the first season alone, which i finished already. Looking forward for more.

schwifty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I binged 12 Monkeys S1-3 this week. What a ride.

It reminded me of Fringe in so many ways.

schwifty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure.

How? Asking because i adore Fringe and never gave 12 Monkeys a second look until your post lol
Maybe that's a bad comparison, but I love Fringe and this show has a Fringe vibe, but might be closer to Legends of Tomorrow (minus the humor).

For starters the actor for Charlie is a main character in 12 monkeys. The story line is pure time travel so in that regard it reminded me of Fringe. Although Fringe is mostly alternate universe stuff. Just give it a shot.