• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that's a bad comparison, but I love Fringe and this show has a Fringe vibe, but might be closer to Legends of Tomorrow (minus the humor).

For starters the actor for Charlie is a main character in 12 monkeys. The story line is pure time travel so in that regard it reminded me of Fringe. Although Fringe is mostly alternate universe stuff. Just give it a shot.

Thanks. I will.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Russian Doll last night.

Have to say I really enjoyed it, considering I watched the whole thing in a day and I normally don't go through series like that . The episode length and pace were really good and left me wondering how things would progress episode to episode.

Really funny and insightful at times.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Wished it showed off the actual episodes but oh well.

A pretty decent commercial for The Handmaid's Tale season 3:

and the actual trailer:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
A lot of those new shows look like cop/legal procedurals which I avoid (and medical ones too).

Guess I'll be catching up. True Detective S3. Deadly Class (SyFy) has started good. Maybe I'll get to The Punisher on Netflix, and Travelers S2.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
First episode of Hanna was alright. At least so far it doesn't have much of the pulsing, harsh kind of style the movie had, but it still seems like a story that's well suited to a season of TV. Curious to see what the rest is like.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First episode of Hanna was alright. At least so far it doesn't have much of the pulsing, harsh kind of style the movie had, but it still seems like a story that's well suited to a season of TV. Curious to see what the rest is like.
The style of the film was probably my favorite part. Well I'll give the show a chance when the season is released.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I thought the first episode of Hanna was solid. It's been a minute since I've seen the movie, so I don't really recall how stylistically it differs from it. Pretty much setting up things before the action really heats up, some nice scenic shots and a couple of action beats.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Has there been any reactions/reviews for Hanna, thought it was supposed to launch today on Amazon Prime. Haven't seen any reviews or anything. Amazon Prime site just says 'Coming Soon'.
Maybe it will go live after the Super Bowl match.
Loved it. Surprisingly has some heart but I'm a sucker for action and the guy from altered Carbon is a good lead....so there's that.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked, nearly loved the Hanna pilot. It does struggle a tiny bit with Hanna's motivation initially, but it fixes that pretty quickly. Great start to the series, can't wait to see the rest in March.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Finally finished watching Season 1 of YOU and holy shit what an incredible show and such a rollercoaster. I really can't recommend it enough. It gets better and darker and more twisted with each and every episode. To think I'd been putting it off thinking it looked like a cheap CW show or something, it's one of the best shows I've watched in a long time.

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Weird City and Wayne on Youtube look really good. Might be finally time to try that Premium service out.

It is ÂŁ11.99 a month here in the UK though which is pricey.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Did anyone check out The Passage? I liked the book (the first one, at least - 2nd was allright, 3rd drags a bit) but seems like the series deviates quite a bit from the book structure?

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished watching Season 1 of YOU and holy shit what an incredible show and such a rollercoaster. I really can't recommend it enough. It gets better and darker and more twisted with each and every episode. To think I'd been putting it off thinking it looked like a cheap CW show or something, it's one of the best shows I've watched in a long time.

Yeah it's pretty good, but the girlfriend managed to annoy me by the end. A different actress might have been a better fit.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to do this, not that anybody cares but me. Light month.

Friday, 1
Tropical Cop Tales - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Sunday, 10
The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

Monday, 11
American Dad - TBS - 10/9c

Friday, 15
The Dragon Prince - Netflix

Sunday, 24
Hot Streets - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Thursday, 28
Better Things - FX - 10/9c

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definites:
Engrenages - Assuming I find a way to watch it. Had no idea season 7 was already on the cards. One of the most criminally underrated shows around.
The Dragon Prince - I think the show is just fine, but my kids love it, so I'll absorb it through osmosis.
Desus & Mero - Glad these two have an even bigger platform.

Maybes:
Russian Doll - People are saying a bunch of nice things about it so I might get around to it.
The Umbrella Academy - Adore the comic, hope it translates well to TV.
Doom Patrol - very, very skeptical this will work, but if it's not a trash fire I'll give it a look. Actually if it is a trash fire I might give it a look too.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PEN15 is really good. It nails that pre-9/11 era how I remember it pretty well as a kid and it's awkward and weird in all of the right ways. The AOL Instant Messenger episode made me old as hell though.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
HBO dates...
HBO has set premiere dates for the new seasons of Veep and Big Little Lies along with the debuts of miniseries Chernobyl and comedy series Los Espookys. The premium channel also said at during its TCA panel today that it will air Leaving Neverland, the controversial Michael Jackson documentary that shook up Sundance, on March 3-4.

Season 7 of Veep, which was delayed by star Julia Louis-Dreyfus' cancer diagnosis, will bow on Sunday, March 31. The sophomore season of Big Little Lies, which adds Meryl Streep to the A-list retuning cast of Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern and Zoe Kravitz, is set for June but didn't get a firm date.

Chernobyl, the five-part miniseries about the 1986 nuclear tragedy in the Soviet Union, will premiere in May, and the mostly Spanish-language comedy series Los Espookys premieres in June. Neither has an exact date.

Chernobyl dramatizes the story of one of the worst man-made catastrophes in history and of the brave men and women who made incredible sacrifices to save Europe from unimaginable disaster. Jared Harris, Stellan SkarsgĂĄrd and Emily Watson star.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Hey all

So I've been hearing some interesting things regarding The Man in the High Castle. People have been mentioning the scifi aspect of it but I am curious how often it is focused on? Is it just in the background or quite a big plot point?

Cheers

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all

So I've been hearing some interesting things regarding The Man in the High Castle. People have been mentioning the scifi aspect of it but I am curious how often it is focused on? Is it just in the background or quite a big plot point?

Cheers

It's more an alternate history show for its initial two seasons with some light sci-fi as the main driving force of the story. But in its third season the sci-fi side does start to come into play a lot more, with the next season potentially going full on into it!

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone check out The Passage? I liked the book (the first one, at least - 2nd was allright, 3rd drags a bit) but seems like the series deviates quite a bit from the book structure?
The show is pretty good so far and I like the whole thing about the vampires being
telepathic
I just wish things would progress faster, it's one of those shows where you know it has to deal with a limited budget.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
I just watched episode 2 of Posh Hotels with Sally & Nigel on Channel 5 as it was all about Ballyfin Demesne where I spent a week last October. Fantastic place and nice to see all the familiar faces again.

l89gjS6.jpg

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Russian Doll last week, and loved it. Also started watching Deadly Class, and it's really good so far.

Btw, OT but was there no Supergirl, Gotham or the Orville last week?

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Great to have Trapped back, seems like ages since season one. Starts again Saturday 16th on BBC4.

Synopsis for the new season:
A shocking attack on a politician in Reykjavik means detective Andri Olaffson has to return to his home town in the north of Iceland. There he works with former colleagues Hinrika and Asgeir to investigate a suspected link between the case and far-right nationalists.

Allstar

Feb 9, 2019
Watching PEN15 rn, it's really good. Along with ODAAT, great weekend for binging new streaming shows tbh

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Pen15 is hysterical and raw tho I worry it's another Don't Trust the B in Apt 23 situation where people ignore it because of the name

Last edited:

Allstar

Feb 9, 2019
Finished it and I absolutely loved it.

I think ODAAT's third season was better overall but I preferred PEN15, I really fell in love with it and I'm soooo glad it followed an episodic structure. I love the trend of episodic storytelling finally returning more and more to tv, it's generally better and easier to pull off for many.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Man, Showtime is killing it with the comedies. Recently caught up with Kidding and now Black Monday. It's easy to dismiss it as a more crude 80's House of Lies, but I love the 80's and it has Don Cheadle hamming it up to 11. Regina Hall is also really great. First two episodes had some iffy moments, but this weeks one was so good. Loved the NES bits.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Showtime is killing it with the comedies. Recently caught up with Kidding and now Black Monday. It's easy to dismiss it as a more crude 80's House of Lies, but I love the 80's and it has Don Cheadle hamming it up to 11. Regina Hall is also really great. First two episodes had some iffy moments, but this weeks one was so good. Loved the NES bits.

yeah I thought this episode was much funnier than the first two

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Boomerang premieres tonight on BET, I'm actually curious to give it a look. Set the DVR for the two episodes.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Second series of Derry Girls (which is on Netflix outside of the UK, and also is good)

-

And it's a bit old now, but I somehow neglected to inform y'all that there is a spy fiction show coming that stars Michael Stuhlbarg (!), and Keeley Hawes (!!!)

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

I actually fell in love out of the gate with Black Monday. So damn good.

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
I watched the first episode of the new series of Shetland last night. It's gonna be a goodun', but I'm going to wait till the whole series has aired so I can watch the entire thing back to back.

One of my favourite TV series ever.

Also really looking forward to The Missing spin-off series Baptiste which starts this weekend. The BBC are an a roll.