• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, don't forget to join us in the first annual 52 Seasons. 1 Year. Thread, where we try to watch 52 seasons of TV in one year! (it's not that hard, so don't be afraid!)

~ Recent Highlights ~

Carole & Tuesday

Part-timer Carole meets rich girl Tuesday, and each realises that they've found the musical partner they need. Together, they just might make it.

Giri/Haji

Soulful thriller set in Tokyo and London, exploring the butterfly effect of a single murder across two cities. A dark, witty and daring examination of morality and redemption.

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

Kipo, a sheltered girl, gets a crash course in survival when a mutant attack sends her to the surface, far from the safety of her underground home.

Work in Progress

At 45-years-old, Abby begins to re-evaluate her life and perspective after her misfortune and despair lead her to a transformative relationship.

~

February

Saturday, 1

Murdoch Mysteries - Ovation - 7/6c

Sunday, 2

The Masked Singer - Fox - 10:30/9:30c

Monday, 3

Manhunt - Spectrum

McMillion$ - HBO - 10/9c

Desus & Mero - Showtime - 11/10c

Tuesday, 4

The Flash - The CW - 8/7c

American Experience - PBS - 9/8c

Wednesday, 5

NOVA - PBS - 8/7c

The Masked Singer - Fox - 8/7c - Time Period Debut

LEGO Masters - Fox - 9/8c

Thursday, 6

Cagaster of an Insect Cage - Netflix

Interrogation - CBS All Access

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - NBC - 8/7c

Katy Keene - The CW - 8/7c

The Sinner - USA - 9/8c

Indebted - NBC - 9:30/8:30c

Briarpatch - USA - 10/9c

Tommy - CBS - 10/9c

Friday, 7

Locke & Key - Netflix

My Holo Love - Netflix

Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet - Apple TV+

MacGyver - CBS - 8/7c

Hawaii Five-0 - CBS - 9/8c - Time Period Debut

High Maintenance - HBO - 11/10c

Sunday, 9

Homeland - Showtime - 9/8c - Final Season

Wrong Man - Starz - 9:45/8:45c

Kidding - Showtime - 10/9c

Monday, 10

Agatha Raisin - Acorn TV

Independent Lens - PBS - 10/9c

Tuesday, 11

Cherish the Day - OWN - 10/9c

For Life - ABC - 10/9c

Wednesday, 12

Cherish the Day - OWN - 8/7c - Time Period Debut

Survivor - CBS - 8/7c

Thursday, 13

Narcos: Mexico - Netflix

Friday, 14

Cable Girls - Netflix

High Fidelity - Hulu

The Other Guy - Hulu

The Real Bros of Simi Valley - Facebook Watch

Utopia Falls - Hulu

Visible: Out on Television - Apple TV+

Strike Back - Cinemax - 10/9c - Final Season

Sunday, 16

American Idol - ABC - 8/7c

Outlander - Starz - 8/7c

Duncanville - Fox - 8:30/7:30c

War of the Worlds - Epix - 9/8c

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - NBC - 9/8c - Time Period Debut

Good Girls - NBC - 10/9c

NCIS: New Orleans - CBS - 10/9c

Slow Burn - Epix - 10/9c

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - HBO - 11/10c

Tuesday, 18

Frontline - PBS - 9/8c

Wednesday, 19

The Chef Show - Netflix

Nature - PBS - 8/7c

Year of the Rabbit - IFC - 10:30/9:30c

Thursday, 20

Playing for Keeps - Sundance Now

Sacred Lies - Facebook Watch

Spectros - Netflix

Friday, 21

Gentefied - Netflix

Hunters - Amazon

Puerta 7 - Netflix

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Disney+

Sunday, 23

When Calls the Heart - Hallmark - 8/7c

The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

Better Call Saul - AMC - 10/9c

The Rookie - ABC - 10/9c

Talking Dead - AMC - 11/10c

Monday, 24

The Voice - NBC - 8/7c

Better Call Saul - AMC - 9/8c - Time Period Debut

Wednesday, 26

I Am Not Okay with This - Netflix

SEAL Team - CBS - 9/8c

Transplant - CTV - 9pm

It's Personal with Amy Hoggart - TruTV - 10/9c

Thursday, 27

Altered Carbon - Netflix

Followers - Netflix

Friday, 28

Queen Sono - Netflix

Shonan Junai Gumi - Amazon

Unstoppable - Netflix

Shark Tank - ABC - 8/7c - Time Period Debut

~

January TV thread

Last edited:
(click on the image to see the trailer)
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
McMillion$ - HBO (Feb 3)

The incredible true story of how $24 million-dollars was stolen from the McDonald's Monopoly game of the 1990s, the mystery mastermind behind the scam and the intrepid FBI agents on his trail. For over a decade, McDonald's fast-food empire awarded prizes in its Monopoly promotional game tie-in, unaware that the biggest winning tickets were being stolen and sold to undeserving winners through a complex web of family and friends who became co-conspirators. An anonymous tip to the FBI in 2001 triggers a far-reaching chain of events that will come to include dogged and unorthodox investigative work, undercover sting operations and dirty dealings by shifty ex-cons with ties to the mafia. The series unfolds with suspense and improbable hijinks as it unravels the twisted threads of the fast-food fraud and reveals the real-life characters for whom a winning ticket was too good to turn down, and who hoped they could get away with stealing from Ronald McDonald.

LEGO Masters - Fox (Feb 5)

Based on the hit British reality-competition series of the same name, 'LEGO Masters' brings imagination, design and creativity to life when teams of LEGO enthusiasts go head-to-head, with infinite possibilities and an unlimited supply of LEGO bricks. Teams of two compete against each other in ambitious brick-building challenges to be crowned the country's most talented amateur LEGO builders. In each episode, the competing pairs who impress the judges the most progress to the next round, until the finale where the top teams will face off for a cash prize, the ultimate LEGO trophy and the grand title of LEGO Masters.

Cagaster of an Insect Cage - Netflix (Feb 6)

Thirty years after a disease that turns the infected into carnivorous insects emerged, a young exterminator and a teenage girl search for her mother.

Interrogation - CBS All Access (Feb 6)

The series is based on a case that spans more than 20 years, in which a young man was charged and convicted of brutally murdering his mother. After being sentenced to life in prison, he continued to fight to prove his innocence. Each episode is structured around interrogations informed by real police case files.

Katy Keene - The CW (Feb 6)

Follow fashion legend-to-be Katy Keene, singer/songwriter Josie McCoy, performer Jorge Lopez/Ginger, and "It Girl" Pepper Smith — as they chase their twenty-something dreams in New York City…together.

Indebted - NBC (Feb 6)

Young parents Dave and Rebecca are ready to reclaim their lives after years of diapers and sleepless nights. However, things take an unexpected turn when Dave's parents show up unannounced and broke, leaving Dave with no choice but to open the door to the two people who gave him everything. But these boomerang parents aren't great with boundaries, and the question of who's parenting whom quickly becomes blurred.

Briarpatch - USA (Feb 6)

The series follows Allegra Dill, as a no-nonsense professional who returns to her quirky hometown to solve her sister's murder.

Tommy - CBS (Feb 6)

A true blue New Yorker, Abigail "Tommy" Thomas uses her unflinching honesty and hardball tactics to keep social, political and national security issues from hindering effective law enforcement in the Southland.

Locke & Key - Netflix (Feb 7)

Based on the best-selling graphic novels, 'Locke & Key' follows 3 siblings who, after the murder of their father, move to their ancestral home only to find the house has magical keys that give them a vast array of powers and abilities.

My Holo Love - Netflix (Feb 7)

Han So-yeon stopped believing in love and decided to close herself off from the world. But she starts to open her heart to the unexpected — a hologram AI named Holo. When she falls for both Holo and his lookalike creator Ko Nan-do, she's faced with the question: What's real and what's not?

Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet - Apple TV+ (Feb 7)

Meet the team behind the biggest multiplayer video game of all time. But in a workplace focused on building worlds, molding heroes, and creating legends, the most hard-fought battles don't occur in the game—they happen in the office.

Cherish the Day - OWN (Feb 11)

The sereis chronicles the stirring relationship of one couple, with each episode spanning a single day. The narrative will unfold to reveal significant moments in a relationship that compel us to hold true to the ones we love, from the extraordinary to the everyday.

For Life - ABC (Feb 11)

Inspired by the life of Isaac Wright Jr., 'For Life' is a fictional serialized legal and family drama about a prisoner who becomes a lawyer, litigating cases for other inmates while fighting to overturn his own life sentence for a crime he didn't commit. His quest for freedom is driven by his desperate desire to get back to the family he loves and reclaim the life that was stolen from him. The show will also, through the window of his ferocious struggle and his complicated relationship with a progressive female prison warden, examine the flaws and challenges in our penal and legal systems.

High Fidelity - Hulu (Feb 14)

A departure from Nick Hornby's 1995 novel and beloved 2000 film, 'High Fidelity' centers on Rob, a female record store owner in the rapidly gentrified neighborhood of Crown Heights, Brooklyn who revisits past relationships through music and pop culture, while trying to get over her one true love.

Utopia Falls - Hulu (Feb 14)

3ObnoRq.jpg

Hundreds of years in the future, in the last living colony on earth, a city called New Babyl, twenty-four teenage candidates are chosen to take part in an annual musical competition known as The Exemplar. For all of them it's a chance to write their names in the history books, but for Aliyah, the independent and adventurous daughter to a city government official, it's the beginning of an incredible adventure. Through the discovery of a mysterious archive, she is exposed to hip-hop, an ancient form of music culture, which will lead her to question everything she has ever known and change her world forever.

Visible: Out on Television - Apple TV+ (Feb 14)

This docu-serise investigates the importance of TV as an intimate medium that has shaped the American conscience, and how the LGBTQ movement has shaped television. Combining archival footage with interviews with key players from the movement and the screen, the docuseries is narrated by Janet Mock, Margaret Cho, Asia Kate Dillon, Neil Patrick Harris and Lena Waithe.

Duncanville - Fox (Feb 16)

An animated family comedy centered around a spectacularly average 15-year-old boy with a rich fantasy life, and the people in his world.

Like most 15-year-olds, Duncan can see adulthood on the horizon: money, freedom, cars, girls…but the reality is more like: always being broke, driving with your mom sitting shotgun and babysitting your little sister. He's not exceptional, but he has a wild imagination in which he's never anything less than amazing.

War of the Worlds - Epix (Feb 16)

Set-in present-day Europe, 'War of the Worlds' is a multi-faceted series, based on the story by H.G. Wells. When astronomers detect a transmission from another galaxy, it is definitive proof of intelligent extra-terrestrial life. The world's population waits for further contact with baited breath.

Slow Burn - Epix (Feb 16)

'Slow Burn' will look back on the Watergate crisis, excavating the strange subplots and forgotten characters involved in the downfall of a president -- and flashing back to politically tumultuous times not so far removed from today.

Year of the Rabbit - IFC (Feb 19)

Detective Inspector Rabbit and his new young partners investigate murder trials in Victorian London. Anxieties rise when they discover an ancient secret society has resurfaced and is wreaking havoc on the city.

Playing for Keeps - Sundance Now (Feb 20)

A fresh, contemporary and glamorous murder mystery set on the sidelines of professional football, told from the unique perspective of the real power players: the wives. Away from the grandstands and the locker rooms, the real action is on the red carpets, in the beauty salons and in those designer bedrooms. Dive into the salacious world of Aussie Rules Football, unearthing secrets, lies, scandals and murder.

Spectros - Netflix (Feb 20)

lmccbkb.jpg

A teenage boy and his friends get caught in a clash between Brazilian witchcraft and Japanese Shinto spirits in their neighborhood.

Gentefied - Netflix (Feb 21)

The Morales primos love their culture, community, and family. But what happens when you have to choose between them?

Hunters - Amazon (Feb 21)

Inspired by true events, 'Hunters' follows a diverse band of Nazi Hunters in 1977 New York City who discover that hundreds of escaped Nazis are living in America. And so, they do what any bad-ass vigilante squad would do: they set out on a bloody quest for revenge and justice. But they soon discover a far-reaching conspiracy and must race against time to thwart the Nazis' new genocidal plans.

Puerta 7 - Netflix (Feb 21)

A woman tries to rid an Argentine soccer club of the organized crime surrounding it.

I Am Not Okay with This - Netflix (Feb 26)

ikiQ9K8.jpg

Angsty Syd navigates high school awkwardness, family drama and an unrequited crush on her best friend while trying to rein in her budding superpowers.

Transplant - CTV (Feb 26)

6zN6g9R.gif

Dr. Bashir "Bash" Hamed, a Syrian doctor with battle-tested skills in emergency medicine, makes the difficult decision to flee his country with his younger sister Amira. With the hope of returning to his career in medicine, together Bash and Amira strive to build a new life in Canada while managing the struggles that come with a new country. With life experiences and a medical background unlike his Canadian counterparts, Bash works to navigate a new environment and forge new relationships after earning a coveted residency in the Emergency Department of one of the best hospitals in Toronto, York Memorial.

It's Personal with Amy Hoggart - TruTV (Feb 26)

The new series, featuring under-qualified and over-confident Brit Amy Hoggart seeks to make Americans feel better by attacking issues that make their lives - and Amy's - harder.

Followers - Netflix (Feb 27)

This is the story of women living in the glamorous city of Tokyo as they struggle with love, careers, and friendship.

Queen Sono - Netflix (Feb 28)

A highly trained South African spy must face changing relationships in her personal life while taking on her most dangerous mission yet.

Shonan Junai Gumi - Amazon (Feb 28)

OFWdlkR.jpg

The story follows Eikichi Onizuka and Ryuji Danma, known as the deadly duo Oni-Baku (Demon Explosion). The pair recant their previous gang lifestyle in the hopes of losing their virginity while battling their former adversaries.

Unstoppable - Netflix (Feb 28)

ETJF4l2.png

Three 20-somethings go on a road trip to escape their problems but cross paths with a desperate woman, who forces them to change direction.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for the topic.

Not a lot of new stuff of interest there for me. Maybe Locke and Key, and Hunters. I'll be watching the returning shows Homeland, Outlander and Better Call Saul, also Altered Carbon.

Recent show for me include Lost In Space S2 which was amazing, and Expanse S4 which was fine. I'm currently near the end of Sex Education S2 which is good.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I need to catch up on B99 but I'm excited for that and Saul coming back. Also real curious about this seaaon of Altered Carbon because I barely remember the first one beyond thinking it was passable with great visuals.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In for Homeland, heard some talk on here about locke and key so will give that a shot. I do need some new shows, haven't replaced any that have ended and dumped a few CW and Netflix shows.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Better Call Saul and Altered Carbon for sure. Might check out Locke & Key too.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The Flash
Kidding
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The Walking Dead
Better Call Saul

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
There is an absolute goddamn clusterfuck of television I'm going to watch in this insanely stacked month. It's absurd.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The batch of new shows for the month seem pretty mixed, not sure any of them are sure fire watches. That said, lots of returning shows I'll tune in for.

Edit: And thanks for the thread as always!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
AC2 and Locke for sure. Not sure what else, probably catch ups.

Edit: wait is that not one but 2 actors from It in I'm Not Ok With This? And it's a superpower show? Hmmm now I'm curious.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
RatskyWatsky I always eagerly await your what are you watching threads. I'm pretty keyed in to TV but I always find something new I wouldn't have otherwise noticed. Thanks for the hard work.

as for what I'll be watching Feb is stacked. I had no idea Matt Berry had a new show coming up (see Ratsky there's another one you got for me) so I'll definitely be watching that. I'll finish my list in this space tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Better Call Saul
Brooklyn 99
Hunters - has my curiosity
Altered Carbon Season 2 - looking forward to a trailer
Locke & Key - has my curiosity
Briarpatch - hope Andy Greenwald's show turns out to be good. The Watch has been one of my favorite podcasts for a while.

Utopia Falls - comes out in a couple weeks, but I still can't find a trailer for it online. Only curious because the Dark Matter showrunner is involved.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Altered Carbon
BCS
Homeland
TWD

Tommy looks kind of interesting and I like Edie Falco, but it's CBS. I wish it was on Showtime.

Everything else will probably be backlog shows.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
These three plus whatever I'm currently watching and whatever I overlooked here and I hear is good I guess!

LEGO Masters
Briarpatch
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

Edit: And Better Call Saul... missed that one when looking through the list!

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Better call saul
Altered carbon
Walking dead
Homeland
Some of the netflix genre shows look intriguing too.
Probably the most stacked month ever my tastes.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm gonna watch is Altered Carbon [S2].

I'll check out Katy Keene, Locke & Key, Mythic Quest, High Fidelity, War of the Worlds and The Clone Wars [S7] whenever.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
New shows, I'll likely wait for critic reviews and viewer feedback on quite a few of these before deciding if to watch:

Interrogation
Briarpatch
Tommy
Locke & Key
The Pale Horse
For Life
ZeroZeroZero
Utopia Falls
Hunters
Intelligence

Returning shows:

Inside No. 9
Manhunt: Unabomber
Home
The Big Narstie Show
Homeland
The Sinner
Better Call Saul
Formula 1: Drive to Survive

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez there is a lot of good stuff ill be watching this month.

Really curious about Giri/Haji. Hadnt heard of it before until I saw the OT thread about it. Sounds like something I would really enjoy. Is it all in Japanese? Or is it like half and half? I saw subtitles on some images, but wasnt sure if there were other versions that were in english.

List:
The Flash
Brooklyn 99
Locke and Key
Homeland
Narcos Mexico
Strike Back
SEAL Team
Altered Carbon

Btw, do we know when Billions is coming back? Seems like it would be around this time.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Jeez there is a lot of good stuff ill be watching this month.

Really curious about Giri/Haji. Hadnt heard of it before until I saw the OT thread about it. Sounds like something I would really enjoy. Is it all in Japanese? Or is it like half and half? I saw subtitles on some images, but wasnt sure if there were other versions that were in english.

I adored this show when it was shown on the BBC last year, was in my top three shows of the year (with Chernobyl and Season Two of Fleabag the others).
I would say it is roughly 60% English, 40% Japanese languages spoken.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck yes, Babylon Berlin!

Hunters looks intriguing. Locke and Key will be worth a look.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I Am Not Okay With This
Hunters
Briarpatch
Locke and Key

A bunch sound potentially interesting(Spectros made me scratch my head in the best way) but, yet again, there is just too much. I've only watched the first episode of Giri/Haji and haven't even touched Kipo yet.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finally finished watching The Little Drummer Girl after being on my DVR for over a year. Standouts for me were the performances of Michael Shannon and Florence Pugh, some gorgeous shots. I enjoyed it, but wouldn't describe it as must see especially if you are not into spy-craft.

Next planning to caught up on the latest seasons of Vikings and Bojack Horseman.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Finally finished watching The Little Drummer Girl after being on my DVR for over a year. Standouts for me were the performances of Michael Shannon and Florence Pugh, some gorgeous shots. I enjoyed it, but wouldn't describe it as must see especially if you are not into spy-craft.

Next planning to caught up on the latest seasons of Vikings and Bojack Horseman.
100% agree on Little Drummer Girl. Great performances from Pugh and Shannon, but overall not great. The similar themed Night Manager from a year or two before is better, have you seen that?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Solid month. Thank you as always RatskyWatsky , you bad influence you.

Monday, 3
McMillion$ - HBO - 10/9c
Loved the article, interested to see the doc.

Wednesday, 5
(LEGO Masters - Fox - 9/8c)
I'm not generally one for game/reality TV but this seems like it could be neat.

Thursday, 6
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - NBC - 8/7c
NINE NINE!

Briarpatch - USA - 10/9c
I hear Sam Esmail, even for marketing purposes, I watch.

Sunday, 16
(Duncanville - Fox - 8:30/7:30c)
Well it can't be any worse than Bless The Harts, can it?

Friday, 21
(Hunters - Amazon)
Eh. Maybe. I dunno.

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Disney+
My most anticipated thing in years and the reason I signed up for Disney +. Clone Wars is best Star Wars, period.

Sunday, 23
The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c
Sure, why not. Maybe I'm the zombie.

Better Call Saul - AMC - 10/9c
CAN'T WAIT!

Monday, 24

Better Call Saul - AMC - 9/8c - Time Period Debut

Thursday, 27
Altered Carbon - Netflix
Season 1 took a while to get going but ended up solid. Hoping this starts good and keeps the momentum.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I watched the third episode of Avenue 5 and... I really like this show! Judging by the reviews and comments I might be the only one, though. But I do like this kind of subdued humor. To me the three episodes so far were really funny.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I watched the third episode of Avenue 5 and... I really like this show! Judging by the reviews and comments I might be the only one, though. But I do like this kind of subdued humor. To me the three episodes so far were really funny.

It's losing me fast. Too ho hum. But I haven't watched ep 3 yet

I think it's dumb to start Better Call Saul after Walking Dead and then move it to Mondays. It doesn't go with it, and delays Talking Dead's time.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't aware there had been any humor in the first few episodes of that train-wreck, let alone any attempts at it...! To each, their own.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Two episodes of Avenue 5 were more than enough for me.

How many times did they use that unfunny, "It's the delay!", "Fix it!", in those two episodes, smh.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's dumb to start Better Call Saul after Walking Dead and then move it to Mondays. It doesn't go with it, and delays Talking Dead's time.

It's been off the air for so long that I think they're worried people forgot about it so they're giving it their biggest slot.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
McMillion$ kicked off tonight and it's super compelling and watchable. At least one of the main FBI agents was basically made to be a character in something like this. The documentarians must have absolutely loved learning they could structure everything around him.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
McMillion$ kicked off tonight and it's super compelling and watchable. At least one of the main FBI agents was basically made to be a character in something like this. The documentarians must have absolutely loved learning they could structure everything around him.
Holy fuck was it great. My ass would still be on the couch watching the other five episodes if they were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.