• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
2 episodes into season 3 of Man in the High Castle and I give up. Such a fascinating premise and world, but so relentlessly dull. I can't remember the last time I watched a show where the protagonist was the most boring part of the story, yeesh. Love Rufus Sewell, but I'm not continuing this show just to see his performance.

Gonna finish season 2 of Black Mirror now, and binge the whole thing for the rest of the month.

Jul 4, 2018
Star Wars: The Clone Wars season 7 and maybe Hunters are the only new shows I plan on watching this month. Super excited for next month when Kingdom Season 2 drops that shit is my most anticipated show of the year.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
100% agree on Little Drummer Girl. Great performances from Pugh and Shannon, but overall not great. The similar themed Night Manager from a year or two before is better, have you seen that?

Yeah, I watched that as well. If I recall, it was around the same level for me. I enjoyed Hugh Laurie and Tom Hollander the most.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I gave Nora from Queens 3 episodes, but I think I'm out now. Found it amusing at times, but didn't really laugh out loud much. Awkwafina's character reminded me of Ilana from Broad City somewhat, but she doesn't really have anybody to play opposite of and not as funny.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I like Awkwafina, but the show is a little too broad at the moment and she really does need someone to provide a counterweight to her antics. I'm still enjoying it though.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watched the first episode of Briarpatch and it has my attention. Show definitely has a unique, stylistic vibe going for it and I've been a fan of Rosario Dawson for a while. It takes a bit to get into the tone of the show, but I'm curious to see how it develops. The Watch/Hollywood Prospectus is one of my favorite podcasts, so I hope the show does well for Andy Greenwald.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
They need to, like, tell us what the future drama is on Dare Me already. Enough with the foreboding "We were but children in those halcyon days...until our lives changed forever by the events wrought by our hubris" intros and outros and just tell us wtf happens. Like does someone die or what.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
They need to, like, tell us what the future drama is on Dare Me already. Enough with the foreboding "We were but children in those halcyon days...until our lives changed forever by the events wrought by our hubris" intros and outros and just tell us wtf happens. Like does someone die or what.
Is there any word on if it's intended to be one and done or potentially multiple seasons? I enjoyed the novel, but I'm skeptical about if it would translate to tv - especially across multiple seasons.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any word on if it's intended to be one and done or potentially multiple seasons? I enjoyed the novel, but I'm skeptical about if it would translate to tv - especially across multiple seasons.

I actually have no idea. I also didn't know it was based on a novel!

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
It is! But it's not exactly a long novel, so I'm uncertain on how it'll translate. Holding off starting the show until that's a bit more clear lol

It kind of seems like the show has been spinning its wheels a bit, so maybe that's them trying to stretch out a short novel into multiple seasons?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Not sure if you watched the preview, but next week does seem to finally provide answers. C/S on the voice over narrations from Addy being bad though. I do hope whatever happens and the fallout from it, is worth the teasing.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finally caught up on Vikings over the weekend, up to the mid-season finale. Have to say overall I have enjoyed this season more than last year. There are still some story threads/character choices that are iffy to me, but I will have to praise the show for nailing it anytime they have to do a ceremony/ritual. The level they go through is truly impressive.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Watched the 2nd season of Shrill, it keeps on delivering, it's truly amazing, and I wished more people would watch it!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finished Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet S1 & Little America S1 today.
Quite enjoyed Mythic Quest even though it's a bit messy, but I can see that show develop into something great into the years, it has the foundation for it.
Little America was a breath of fresh air and the wholesome stories I needed to know about, it was absolutely amazing!

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
EQlndHoWkAcQMx0

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Created by Dennis Kelly and Felix Barrett, limited series THE THIRD DAY debuts MONDAY, MAY 11, exclusively on HBO. The show's six episodes are divided into "Summer" and "Winter."

The limited series will also be available on HBO On Demand, HBO NOW, HBO GO and partners' streaming platforms.

Told over the first three episodes, "Summer" stars Jude Law (HBO's "The New Pope") as Sam, a man who is drawn to a mysterious Island off the British coast where he encounters a group of islanders set on preserving their traditions at any cost. "Summer" is written by Dennis Kelly and directed by Marc Munden.

"Winter" unfolds over the latter three episodes and stars Naomie Harris (Academy Award nominee for "Moonlight") as Helen, a strong-willed outsider who comes to the island seeking answers, but whose arrival precipitates a fractious battle to decide its fate. "Winter" is written by Kit de Waal, Dean O'Loughlin and Dennis Kelly and directed by Philippa Lowthorpe.

Along with Jude Law and Naomie Harris, THE THIRD DAY also stars Katherine Waterston ("Fantastic Beasts" franchise), Emily Watson (Emmy® and Golden Globe nominee for HBO's "Chernobyl"), and Paddy Considine (HBO's "The Outsider").

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
BEFOREIGNERS, a six-part genre-crossing drama from HBO Europe, will be available to U.S. subscribers starting on TUESDAY, FEB 18 on HBO NOW®, HBO GO®, and partner streaming platforms. Produced by Norwegian production company Rubicon, the series is the latest programming made available to U.S. subscribers from HBO's international partners, and joins "The Teenage Psychic" and "Folklore" from HBO Asia, "The Pioneer" from Spain, and "Hackerville" from Romania and Germany, which are available to stream now.

The six-part genre-crossing series will be available on HBO NOW®, HBO GO®, and partner streaming platforms.

A new phenomenon starts happening all over the world. Powerful flashes of light occur in the ocean, and people from the past appear from three time periods; the stone age, the Viking age, and the late 1800s. No one understands how this is possible, and the people from the past, called "beforeigners", have no memory of what's transpired.

A couple of years later, Alfhildr, who comes from the Viking Age, is teamed up with burned-out police officer Lars Haaland as part of the police department's integration program. While investigating the murder of a woman with Stone Age tattoos, Lars and Alfhildr make unexpected discoveries.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Last nights ep of Modern Family was hilarious. They were in Paris. The end was touching too, with the farewell type pictures.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
High Fidelity is out on Hulu and I know Sepinwall and Chris Ryan liked it a lot. Never read the book or watched the movie, but I might check out a few episodes once I get caught up on other things.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Bob's Burgers is back tonight, the only FOX animated show I still watch. Duncanville premieres tonight as well, I'll check it out for an episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.