• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Hunters is out on Amazon now, reviews seem to be mixed to positive. Might check out an episode or 2 this weekend.

52club

Oct 27, 2017

Mike Mika is tied to this I think, for people who follow him as a developer or aware of him in the retro video game scene.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hunters is really disappointing. Turning Nazi hunting into a Tarantino-influenced comic book show feels distasteful at best and extremely offensive at worst. It's tonally all over the place and just doesn't gel together.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Hunters is really disappointing. Turning Nazi hunting into a Tarantino-influenced comic book show feels distasteful at best and extremely offensive at worst. It's tonally all over the place and just doesn't gel together.
IDK I'm only 2 episodes in and I don't know what to think about it yet.

Is there an OT? If not, the thread title better be Reich? Wrong!

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IDK I'm only 2 episodes in and I don't know what to think about it yet.

Is there an OT? If not, the thread title better be Reich? Wrong!
I'm in the middle of episode 2 and I just don't think this works at all. I was really put off when they showed the chess game in the first episode and it completely lost me when the main kid starts daydreaming that grindhouse trailer. It's too many ideas fighting each other because the show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be.

I tried to find an OT but there doesn't seem to be one.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Reese Witherspoon having shows on all these platforms is like Thanos collecting the infinity stones. She has HBO, Apple+, Hulu, and Netflix coming up

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finished Ramy S1, and I expected a bit more out of it? It was still nice though, and I can see the show having potential to grow on future seasons.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
True Detective: Season 1

A whole lot of fashionable, brooding nihilism and half-baked cosmology, acted out by repulsive characters, with none of it very convincing. Very easy to see why this show was such a hit among the younger male demographic. It's wish-fulfillment fantasy tailor-made for angsty young men who feel emasculated by 21st-century Western society. Hard to disagree with Emily Nussbaum's assessment of the program's essentially dubious content.

Credit where it's due, though: the series is atmospheric, very well-made, and director Cary Joji Fukunaga does an excellent job of maintaining the show's focus throughout (up until a somewhat botched finale).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Anyone seen Year of the Rabbit? Ep 1 was just on (IFC in the US), and I think it's already been shown in the UK. Stars Matt Berry.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a F1 fan, but season one of this was beautiful and well done. Season 2 has all the 4k/HDR/Atmos bells and whistles:

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I didn't know Babylon Berlin was coming to the states so soon!

Hell, I didn't know there was a season 3 airing for the past month or so :o

One of my favorite shows to come out the past 15 years, I can't wait!

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in March 2020 - What are you watching?

Lots of good stuff this month from the looks of it! Enjoy! ~ Recent Highlights ~ Little America Medical Police Visible: Out on Television ~ March Sunday, 1 Babylon Berlin - Netflix Stateless - ABC Australia - 8:30/7:30c Axios - HBO - 6/5c Dispatches from Elsewhere - AMC - 10/9c...

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Doctor Who Series 12 - final episode tonight. I love Jodie as The Doctor but the show just sucks now. Chibnall has only been in charge for 2 series now and I'm already desperate for a fresh start.

Better Call Saul Season 5 - i've lost track of what the hell is happening. I've watched this far so I'll keep watching for the sake of it.

I'm Not OK With This - just watched all the episodes this morning. It was kinda cool but felt a bit empty. Hopefully we get a 2nd Season.

About to start Altered Carbon S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.