• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2017
Finished Vinland Saga a few days ago and started on The Mandalorian last night. I haven't kept up with any of the new series that started this season. Prodigal Son was my watch while I work out show, so I need to get back to that.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably going for a Stranger Things demo/vibe. I believe the graphic novel has some material a little darker for a kids show.
Ah. Makes sense, thanks!
Finished Vinland Saga a few days ago and started on The Mandalorian last night. I haven't kept up with any of the new series that started this season. Prodigal Son was my watch while I work out show, so I need to get back to that.
Vinland Saga was so good! That last episode! Prodigal Son, after an OK premiere, wound up pretty terrible. Not sure I'll stick with it when it returns. Episodes without Michael Sheen simply should not exist, as the procedural elements are horrible.

Nov 2, 2017
Vinland Saga was so good! That last episode! Prodigal Son, after an OK premiere, wound up pretty terrible. Not sure I'll stick with it when it returns. Episodes without Michael Sheen simply should not exist, as the procedural elements are horrible.

Yea, Vinland Saga was went from 9 to 15 on that last episode. I knew the manga has been going on for a while, so I kinda of expected the story to flow a certain way based on the past couple of episodes. Based on the quality of the show season 2 probably won't show up until 2021, which sucks.

Prodigal Son only has like 4 characters I like, so hearing that Michael Sheen doesn't show up for some of it sounds bad. The only other show I was interested in this season was Evil with another great bad guy in Michael Emerson.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen Evil but I agree regarding the Prodigal Son cast. They don't have great chemistry and episodes that don't focus (or at least feature in some way) the main mystery and omit its best characters are a slog. I thought it was going to be much more Hannibal than it ended up, with consistent "consulting" throughout. It's also way too tame given the subject matter.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Zoeys Extraordinary Playlist

I had a really good time. There were parts where I wish the show trusted be enough to get where it was going without spelling it out, but I liked it.

As a personal aside:

While I personally do not know what it is like to be female coder, I completely jived with all of Zoey's other coder/work-related stuff. The way she took charge of the situation, the nature of the bug as well as the steps she took to solve them were so true to life that I felt it in my soul. Someone clearly did their homework.

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
In the last few weeks, I watched You season 2, The Witcher, His Dark Materials, The Dark Crystal : Age Of Resistance, and The Mandalorian.
I will start Six Feet Under this weekend, everyone is saying it is a classic masterpiece.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming FX premiere dates:
MARCH

Breeders
The 10-episode new comedy series starring Martin Freeman, will premiere at 10 p.m. Monday, March 2, on FX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

Dave
The 10-episode new comedy series from Dave Burd, aka Lil Dicky, will premiere at 10 p.m. Wednesday, March 4, on FXX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

Devs
The eight-episode new limited series from Alex Garland will premiere its first two episodes on Thursday, March 5, on FX on Hulu, followed by a new episode each subsequent week on the service.

Better Things
The 10-episode fourth season of Pamela Adlon's Emy-nominated comedy series will premiere at 10 p.m. Thursday, March 5 on FX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

Cake
The 10-episode second season of the half-hour weekly showcase will premiere at 10 p.m. Thursday, March 5 on FXX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

The Most Dangerous Animal of All
The first of FX's slate of docuseries will premiere at 10 p.m. Friday, March 6 on FX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by the third and fourth episodes in the subsequent weeks.

APRIL

Mrs. America
The nine-episode limited series starring Cate Blanchett will premiere its first three episodes on Wednesday, April 15 on FX on Hulu, with new episodes airing each subsequent week on FX on Hulu.

What We Do in the Shadows
The 10-episode second season of the vampire mockumentary based on the 2014 movie bows at 10 p.m. Wednesday, April 15 on FX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

Fargo
The fourth installment of Noah Hawley's Emmy-nominated anthology series ā€” this time featuring Chris Rock, Jack Huston, Jason Schwartzman, Ben Winshaw, Uzo Aduba and Timothy Olyphant ā€” will premiere at 10 p.m. Sunday, April 19 on FX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

MAY

Archer
The eight-episode, 11th season of the Emmy-winning animated series will premiere at 10 p.m. Wednesday, May 6 on FXX and the next day on FX on Hulu. The premiere will include the first two episodes, followed by a new episode each subsequent week.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I have about two dozen FX shows to catch up on anyway, so I've been meaning to bite the bullet and rejoin hulu since that's the only place to see their originals, but I'd be happy to do it just for Devs sight unseen. After Ex Machina and especially Annihilation I will follow Alex garland to wherever he wants to go next.

Other priorities will be Archer catchup/finally waking from a coma, better things and Lodge 49

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So glad to hear that FX shows will be up on Hulu the day after they air. Waiting until months after the season ends to put them online was so annoying, and the FXNow app was too clunky to want to use.

Devs, Better Things, Mrs. America, Fargo, that's a pretty stacked lineup. Is that Shogun show supposed to still be coming this year too?

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to a screening of the first two eps of The Outsider last night.

I see that it's getting mixed reviews but I loved it so far-- it feels like a queasy, spiritual supernatural successor to True Detective. The cast is great (I love love love Mendlesohn & Julianne Nicholson). Hoping the season is solid!

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I began watching You season 2, and I was pleasantly surprised to see Robin Lord Taylor. I think it's the first time I see him outside of Gotham.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
lol @ them calling Devs and Mrs. America 'Exclusively FX on Hulu' when they're Hulu exclusive. Just say Hulu exclusive. Like...

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
After seeing the "Drift Away" scene from Steven Universe: The Movie, I decided to finally get into the series, and I've been enjoying it, with the different personalities of the 3 Crystal Gems and how it affects them as mothers, how Steven's silliness makes him endearing but it's still a liability, and all the fun adventures they go on.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
After seeing the "Drift Away" scene from Steven Universe: The Movie, I decided to finally get into the series, and I've been enjoying it, with the different personalities of the 3 Crystal Gems and how it affects them as mothers, how Steven's silliness makes him endearing but it's still a liability, and all the fun adventures they go on.

I really should begin watching Steven Universe. I haven't seen any of it yet.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Ok, I just finished BINGING You season 2 on Netflix. What a great show! I really liked it. Not enough to break into my top 10 of the year, but it was definitely very entertaining. I hope we get to see a season 3.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I've never watched an episode of the show, but I respect the long run the show has produced and the passionate fanbase it seems to have.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
CW Seed has an animated Deathstroke with the first episode available now. I just finished watching it and it's another win for DC animation, show doesn't shy away from violence and sets up an intriguing story.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and really enjoyed it. I love Jane Levy and there were some other good cast members I was aware were in it. Wish I didn't have to wait a month for another episode!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Ended up watching that Ilana Glazer's stand-up special on Amazon off the strength of Broad City, not sure how long she's been doing stand-up but I would guess she is fairly new at it.

A lot of the bits sounded like something Ilana from the show would talk about, but Broad City was way funnier to me. She does open the special dancing to Rhianna's 'Sex With Me' which was great.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Anybody watched tonight's episodes of the new HBO show The Outsider? I thought it was pretty good! The mystery really is captivating so far. I'll continue to watch for sure.

I can't believe they killed Terry...

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and really enjoyed it. I love Jane Levy and there were some other good cast members I was aware were in it. Wish I didn't have to wait a month for another episode!

Galaxy brain prediction: This show is too out of the ordinary for an NBC line-up, and it'll be "cancelled" after one series of episode orders, but then will magically be brought back by "overwhelming fan response" to continue airing on Peacock.

Put it in the bank.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Season 2 of You. The most bonkers show ever. I keep watching because of that even though listening to Joe's inner monologue can be so brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.