• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I hate that Angela character in Animal Kingdom. She's played (badly) by Emily Deschanel of Bones fame. All she does is butt into scenes and ask questions, and it's really annoying. OTOH young Smurf is amazing. That actress has totally nailed the look and attitude of older Smurf.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Mondays are soon to lose three shows for me. 3 eps of Legion left, 1 ep of Years and Years, 2 of Divorce.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha, that looks suitably ridiculous and entertaining. Will watch.

I like how Summer Glau randomly shows up to make out with Winnick in the middle of the trailer?!?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Ha ha, that looks suitably ridiculous and entertaining. Will watch.

I like how Summer Glau randomly shows up to make out with Winnick in the middle of the trailer?!?

Yeah that part was....., but always good to see Summer Glau. The CGI is looking shaky, but as long as the action is on point and entertaining I'm good. Will definitely be a Netflix binge for me.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying Years and Years as well. Season 3 of Divorce is just like...okay, fine, but why does this exist? I've actually come around a bit on Legion this year - the last few episodes have been near season 1 levels for me, which is to say, stuff is actually happening and there's been a marked decrease in the self indulgent nonsense that comprised nearly the entirety of season 2.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
Wentworth's 7th season is finishing next week in Australia, so should be on Netflix in the US in the next month or so.

Lastnights episode was just shocking. and the hook at the end of the episode was something that has gone missing from TV with how people now binge so good cliffhangers have lost impact and are rare on TV now outside of season finals. But this was the 2nd or 3rd time this season that the writers have done it successfully. and i think the show works better for it. Even after a poor season last year.

My girlfriend has now lost interest in watching Orange is the new black's final season on the the weekend because she wants to see how this ends first. I think its also because though both being womens prison shows the tones and content are so far away.

Its extremely rare that Australia can produce good drama, or even good TV. It doesnt have a great budget compared to American or British shows. but the writers punch above their weight with the scripts they do, and twists they always pull.

Anyone who watches it or wants something new to start i would throw this up, even with a slow first season and drops a bit in the last year or so. But this season might of been the best.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
So I'm done (re)watching the complete Veronica Mars (4 seasons + the movie).

I actually had seen the first 3 seasons in the past on DVD, but I didn't remembered anything about them. A friend made me watch the show back in what, around 2008 I think? It was a long time ago...

And I am so glad to have decided to rewatch it! What an absolutely great and entertaining TV series! I loved everything about it. Except maybe some of the writing in the second season, which I think is the weakest.

I loved how politically incorrect some of the writing and dialogs are throughout the show. It makes me remember how the 90s and early 2000s were. This show made a nostalgic out of me...

I also love what they did to bring back the characters with the movie and the 4th season.

- I'm sad we couldn't have Mac for S4. She was one of my favorite characters.
- RIP Logan.
I think Logan's evolution throughout the whole series was very well done. I was shocked to see him die at the end of S4.

Here's my personal final ranking:
S3 > S1 > S4 > Movie > S2

Last edited:

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Finished Stranger Things Season 3 yesterday. I didn't plan to binge the whole season in a day, but the pacing is really good and they did enough to keep me hooked to watch the next episode. Really helped their were only 8 and most episode don't go the full hour. The large group of characters works to the show's benefit, with not spending too much time on one group.

Just finished the season last night. I loved it. It's quite the feat to build countless likable/interesting characters so you can have enough to have 3 separate groups, have all 3 plot lines be intriguing, and then nail the coming together near the end. All the while being a compelling horror, coming of age, and 80's period piece.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm halfway through The Umbrella Academy and very mixed on it. On the one hand I think most of it is pretty awful...the dialogue, the (over)acting (save for Five, whose performance is the only one worth a damn so far), the tryhard direction, the slow as fuck plotting. But on the other hand, the plot is starting to creep forward a bit and I'm actually kinda interested in where this is going? Which is funny because I've read the comic and remember really liking it but clearly don't remember anything else about it because I have no idea where this is heading lol

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
JESUS CHRIST AT TONIGHTS HARLOTS EPISODE OMFG WHAT THE FUCK

WHY THE FUCK IS ERA SLEEPING ON THIS SHOW AND NOT POSTING IN THE THREAD

Spoiler reviews on how this episode rivals the twists of GOT on a good season

Yeah, wow

Fuck. What a crazy turn of events. The show definitely won't be the same moving forwards.

Oct 2, 2018
I watched some Another life and man, tom cruise's son from War of the world is annoying as is the lead actress with her smug face.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Just finished the season last night. I loved it. It's quite the feat to build countless likable/interesting characters so you can have enough to have 3 separate groups, have all 3 plot lines be intriguing, and then nail the coming together near the end. All the while being a compelling horror, coming of age, and 80's period piece.
I loved Stranger Things S3 for all the reasons you said. Best season so far.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Has Harlots been renewed for a S2? I know nothing about it, but I'm not going to dive in if this thing may just get cancelled lol

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
So I'm done (re)watching the complete Veronica Mars (4 seasons + the movie).

I actually had seen the first 3 seasons in the past on DVD, but I didn't remembered anything about them. A friend made me watch the show back in what, around 2008 I think? It was a long time ago...

And I am so glad to have decided to rewatch it! What an absolutely great and entertaining TV series! I loved everything about it. Except maybe some of the writing in the second season, which I think is the weakest.

I loved how politically incorrect some of the writing and dialogs are throughout the show. It makes me remember how the 90s and early 2000s were. This show made a nostalgic out of me...

I also love what they did to bring back the characters with the movie and the 4th season.

- I'm sad we couldn't have Mac for S4. She was one of my favorite characters.
- RIP Logan.
I think Logan's evolution throughout the whole series was very well done. I was shocked to see him die at the end of S4.

Here's my personal final ranking:
S3 > S1 > S4 > Movie > S2

I haven't started S4 yet but I backed the movie with Kickstarter and saw it in theaters. I'm starting to read the two books in between the movie and S4 because I heard some of the stuff will be relevant. Have you read the books?